• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Dis Goes to Italy 5/24 - 6/1/2012 Viva Italia!!!!

St. Marks!!!

VStMarksBLEFT.jpg

VStMarksBRIGHT.jpg

In other news: New Doctor Who coming very, very soon now! :dance3:

Heard the Tokyo Disney's version of the Splash Mt. song and almost died laughing. Going to Tokyo has become even more of a priority because EVERYONE should experience that! :dance3:

It has been confirmed that my friend is having a girl and is naming her Obsidion, but the girl will go by Sadie. I sat my southern aside and told her how I felt about the name and she heard me out in good grace. At least I got it off my chest. But I did just buy and ship a pair of baby mouse ears with SADIE on the back and plan to forget that I ever knew about the other name.

It's under the 20 day mark for my sister's baby, Charlotte, to make her arrival! :cheer2: :angel: princess:

Jeri has found out the the pool of 28 applicants for the job he wants has been cut down to six and he's still in. Fingers and toes crossed folks! :grouphug:

I took a 400 page job last week that I just finished the first rough pass through on. It's hard to believe one person's story can take 400 pages, but it can. My arms and wrists are killing me. The scraping keeps me sane!

102 days until 4.0. I can't wait to see my happy peeps again! I kinda want to rent a pirate costume and go all in pirate: but really can't justify the money. But then if we're going to keep doing these cruises (duh, yeah) I would be much better long-term investment to just own our own pirate duds. And I'm all about fiscal responsibility when it comes to pirate wear!

I'm glad you had the heart to heart with your BF. I love that you have already taken care of baby's first ears! I'm excited for you that Charlotte is going to be here so soon. You are going to be a fantastic auntie to both of the new babies in your life. :goodvibes

Congrats to Jeri and all best thoughts and good wishes redoubled for the next round! :cheer2:

I am enchanted by the concept of the fiscally responsible pirate. I am so looking forward to seeing everyone in December.

Ah, Venice! When people ask me what I thought of Italy I tell them that I loved Rome and Florence but I want to marry Venice.

Good luck finishing your current job. You have to preserve your arms for the important things like baby holding and scrapping!

Now I have to go off and find the Tokyo Splash song. The far east Disney tour when Shanghai Disney opens is on my dream trip list. I had better get to work on the dream trip savings account. :thumbsup2

In other news: New Doctor Who coming very, very soon now! :dance3:

So excited!! DVR is set! Bow ties are cool!

Heard the Tokyo Disney's version of the Splash Mt. song and almost died laughing. Going to Tokyo has become even more of a priority because EVERYONE should experience that! :dance3:

Off to find it...

It has been confirmed that my friend is having a girl and is naming her Obsidion, but the girl will go by Sadie. I sat my southern aside and told her how I felt about the name and she heard me out in good grace. At least I got it off my chest. But I did just buy and ship a pair of baby mouse ears with SADIE on the back and plan to forget that I ever knew about the other name.

Definitely would continue to encourage Sadie as much as possible.

It's under the 20 day mark for my sister's baby, Charlotte, to make her arrival! :cheer2: :angel: princess:

Congrats! I know you can't wait!

Jeri has found out the the pool of 28 applicants for the job he wants has been cut down to six and he's still in. Fingers and toes crossed folks! :grouphug:

Good luck to Jeri!

I took a 400 page job last week that I just finished the first rough pass through on. It's hard to believe one person's story can take 400 pages, but it can. My arms and wrists are killing me. The scraping keeps me sane!

102 days until 4.0. I can't wait to see my happy peeps again! I kinda want to rent a pirate costume and go all in pirate: but really can't justify the money. But then if we're going to keep doing these cruises (duh, yeah) I would be much better long-term investment to just own our own pirate duds. And I'm all about fiscal responsibility when it comes to pirate wear!

That made me laugh so hard...but I could definitely see that you could save money in the long run ;)

I'm glad you had the heart to heart with your BF. I love that you have already taken care of baby's first ears! I'm excited for you that Charlotte is going to be here so soon. You are going to be a fantastic auntie to both of the new babies in your life. :goodvibes

Congrats to Jeri and all best thoughts and good wishes redoubled for the next round! :cheer2:

I am enchanted by the concept of the fiscally responsible pirate. I am so looking forward to seeing everyone in December.

Ah, Venice! When people ask me what I thought of Italy I tell them that I loved Rome and Florence but I want to marry Venice.

Do you think Venice would be open to multiple marriages...cause I'd like to marry Venice too!

Good luck finishing your current job. You have to preserve your arms for the important things like baby holding and scrapping!

Now I have to go off and find the Tokyo Splash song. The far east Disney tour when Shanghai Disney opens is on my dream trip list. I had better get to work on the dream trip savings account. :thumbsup2

The far east was added to my list of dream destinations after reading the trip report that was floating around not long ago...It would be so much fun to hit all the parks in the same trip...don't know that I'd ever be able to do multiple trips.

Christy: That video is awesome. We love the Nerdist!

I heard the Song of the South Tokyo style on Mouse Radio.

Love the video Christy! I've watched some episodes of The Nerdist on BBC America...very entertaining!

I think I need to start watching Doctor Who, I think I would like it.

Jason

Love the video Christy! I've watched some episodes of The Nerdist on BBC America...very entertaining!

Jason

"Who", not "it", Jason.

And back episodes are on Netflix, well, not all 49 years worth, but the most recent bits are.

Christy - I'm absolutely certain that Venice has enough heart to marry all of us! Maybe then we could have our own reality series!

Did I ever tell you guys that during the era of the Tom Baker Dr. Who I had an old red VW beetle with the personalized license plate "TARDIS"?

Christy: That video is awesome. We love the Nerdist!

I heard the Song of the South Tokyo style on Mouse Radio.

I love the Nerdist too! I listen to many Nerdist Industry podcasts on my way to and from work.

Jason

You should definitely try Doctor Who. I never watched any of the older versions (pre-2000s) but I love the new version. You have to make yourself get through the first few episodes though.

Christy - I'm absolutely certain that Venice has enough heart to marry all of us! Maybe then we could have our own reality series!

Did I ever tell you guys that during the era of the Tom Baker Dr. Who I had an old red VW beetle with the personalized license plate "TARDIS"?

Tom Baker definitely seems to be the most popular of the older Doctors. I really do need to go back a give a few episodes a try.

I'm up for the reality series. Do you think someone would pay us to live in Venice? We can dream...

I love the Nerdist too! I listen to many Nerdist Industry podcasts on my way to and from work.

I need to look up the Nerdist. It fits my personality.

You should definitely try Doctor Who. I never watched any of the older versions (pre-2000s) but I love the new version. You have to make yourself get through the first few episodes though.

Tom Baker definitely seems to be the most popular of the older Doctors. I really do need to go back a give a few episodes a try.

I grew up with the "old" version. It was low budget, campy, had poor special effects (compared to today's show), and some of the scripts were downright horrible (I've just committed Whovian heresy). A lot more were quite good. I loved it good and bad.

Script wise, the last season of Tom Baker (and some of the 17th season, especially City of Death, the episode set in Paris), most of Peter Davison's episodes, and several of Sylvester McCoy's episodes foreshadow the quality of the David Tennant/Matt Smith series.

I want in on this.:thumbsup2

Cathie and I would join in as well. Perhaps we can call it the "Real Housewives of Venice Shores"

I didn't know the Nerdist was a tv show :confused3 - I've listened to a lot of their Podcast episodes though and really enjoy them.

Jason - I'm sooooooo glad I'm not the only one who's never watched Dr.Who - I wonder if there is a best of show to help us get caught up?

:surfweb: Guess I have to check out Netflix ...

Jason

I'm up for the reality series. Do you think someone would pay us to live in Venice? We can dream...

Hey, if the "Jersey Shore" can go to Florence, I can't think of any reason the DIS can't do Venice :thumbsup2

Marilee - I've always heard that you should watch the episode "Blink" to get the feeling of Doctor Who. It definitely doesn't catch you up but it is by far one of the best episodes. You also don't need alot of backstory to watch it. "Blink" is part of the third season.

Marilee - I've always heard that you should watch the episode "Blink" to get the feeling of Doctor Who. It definitely doesn't catch you up but it is by far one of the best episodes. You also don't need alot of backstory to watch it. "Blink" is part of the third season.

Thanks Christy :flower3:

Heather: The fact that you hard a Tardis tag just makes you even more super cool than I already knew you were! ::yes::

What some proof that I'm procrastinating? Here it comes! :rotfl:

For all my future Who fans I agree with Christy that the eppi Blink does give you a great feel for the show and how goes, despite having very little of the Doctor in it AND the fact that Martha is my least favorite companion. So I would start there and see what you think and then if you're ready to dive in but don't have the time to watch the WHOLE thing I've listed my favorites!

Season 1/Eppi 1: Rose. I kind of think that you have to watch this one just to start at the beginning. It's not the greatest and Christopher Eccelston is not my favorite, but it gets you introduced to everybody and one your way.

Season 1/Eppi 12 and 13: Bad Wolf and the Parting of the Ways. Yeah, I just skipped all of season 1, and there's some great stuff in there, but again this is trying to get you going and I don't love Christopher Eccelston.

Season 2/Eppi 0: Christmas Invasion: This picks up where Parting of the Ways ends and starts you off with David Tennant as the doctor with Rose. Now is where the show starts hitting its stride and you're off!

If you're a true Whovian you'll have to watch all of the David Tennant Eppisodes and you're on the way to getting caught back up. If you just want to hit the highlights, the following are my favorites:

Season 2: New Earth, Tooth and Claw, The Girl in the Fireplace, The Impossible Planet, The Satan Pit

At this point you're either going to watch them all or you've hated it and left it all together so I'm not going to go on. But I hope you love it as much as I do, 'cause it's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

And then when you're in too deep with your addiction to get out you'll find out that David Tennant, who played the tenth doctor married the fifth doctor's daughter in real life who then turned up playing his (David Tennant's) daughter in the eppi the Doctor's Daughter and your mind will be totally blown! :faint:

And then when you're in too deep with your addiction to get out you'll find out that David Tennant, who played the tenth doctor married the fifth doctor's daughter in real life who then turned up playing his (David Tennant's) daughter in the eppi the Doctor's Daughter and your mind will be totally blown! :faint:

You left out that they have a baby together. I guess that means the fifth doctor has a grand-doctor-daughter.

It is hard to pick favorites but if you want to get shivers when you see a shadow, watch Forest of the Dead/Silence in the Library.

You left out that they have a baby together. I guess that means the fifth doctor has a grand-doctor-daughter.

:headache::confused: Oh my - what am I getting myself into? :faint:

So, I thought I'd try to find "Dr. Who' on Amazon - well low and behold - I found out that since I belong to Amazon Prime, I can stream each and every episode for free :yay: on Amazon Instant Video :surfweb:

And then, while checking out Amazon, I found a new Italy Blog -website-podcast-ebook all rolled into one:

http://www.italyfromtheinside.com

The podcasts are few and far between, but they look interesting. I especially like the learning Italian language lessons for kids - (right at my speed :laughing: )

:moped: just noticed this little "smilie" - in honor of our Viva Italia trip I think the name needs to be changed to "Vespa" instead of moped.

Oh and I just heard that gas in Italy (converted to US dollars) is up to $9.40 a gallon :eek:

Lauren - I agree with most of your favorites. I go back and watch Christmas Invasion quite often. I love David Tennant and that was a fabulous introduction to him. His dynamic with Billie Piper was great...but my favorite was Catherine Tate...like you, Martha was my least favorite.

It is hard to pick favorites but if you want to get shivers when you see a shadow, watch Forest of the Dead/Silence in the Library.

I love Silence in the Library...creepy stuff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter