The DIS Dad's Club VI - Man's Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the first semi-final game, The Mouse of Pain edged the Passamaquoddy Dragons 88.20-87.60 in one of the lowest scoring games of the year. This rivalry was intense all year and came down to the wire with the Mouse squeaking by for the victory.

In the other semi-final game, Jasmine's Necklace prevailed over the Test Track Dummies 133.45-129.90. This come-from-behind victory was in doubt heading into MNF, but Matt Forte scored just enough fantasy points to propel the Necklace to victory. In reaction to the loss, the Dummies removed FastPass from their ride and now it's a 3-hour wait.

The battle for the Dole Whip Cup is set between the Mouse of Pain and Jasmine's Necklace. Danny Sheridan has installed the Necklace as a 12-point favorite as they have been the hottest and sparkliest team in the league the past 4 weeks. Unless Aaron Rodgers comes back, it looks like the Mouse will struggle to score big fantasy points. Another positive from this matchup is we get to look at Jasmine's uhhh... Necklace for another week.

The Consolation(3rd Place) game is between the Passamaquoddy Dragons and Test Track Dummies. These are two explosive teams that can put up 130+ points any given week. I don't have a clever name for this game, but I am open to suggestions.

The 5th Place Game pits the Small WOrld Singers against Le Cellier Dwellers in the ultimate battle over what's more annoying - the Small World song or the fact that Disney is making Le Cellier 2 dining credits on the meal plan.

Finally, the 7th Place Game is between the Matterhorn Yodelers and the Duckburg Ducks in the matchup dubbed by the participants as the "Toilet Bowl" or the "Tidy Bowl". I also saw mention of a Toilet Duck in there, which I had to look up. Good stuff and keep up the enthusiasm!!

Good luck to all!!

ClearScreen

I would like to petition the league commissioner on bringing in an expansion team for next year out of NC called "THE Disney Fanatics."

1106837686_f5MXA-M.jpg

You should see it on a monitor blown up to it's full 4000x3200 resolution. Pah-retty!

My photo just arrived yesterday! I'll be buying more! :thumbsup2

OK dads... I started updating the Link of Interest page with the meets. I know there are more and I'll add them as I get back through the posts. Right now I gotta run to a work lunch (fun this time)!

In the first semi-final game, The Mouse of Pain edged the Passamaquoddy Dragons 88.20-87.60 in one of the lowest scoring games of the year. This rivalry was intense all year and came down to the wire with the Mouse squeaking by for the victory.

In the other semi-final game, Jasmine's Necklace prevailed over the Test Track Dummies 133.45-129.90. This come-from-behind victory was in doubt heading into MNF, but Matt Forte scored just enough fantasy points to propel the Necklace to victory. In reaction to the loss, the Dummies removed FastPass from their ride and now it's a 3-hour wait.

The battle for the Dole Whip Cup is set between the Mouse of Pain and Jasmine's Necklace. Danny Sheridan has installed the Necklace as a 12-point favorite as they have been the hottest and sparkliest team in the league the past 4 weeks. Unless Aaron Rodgers comes back, it looks like the Mouse will struggle to score big fantasy points. Another positive from this matchup is we get to look at Jasmine's uhhh... Necklace for another week.

The Consolation(3rd Place) game is between the Passamaquoddy Dragons and Test Track Dummies. These are two explosive teams that can put up 130+ points any given week. I don't have a clever name for this game, but I am open to suggestions.

The 5th Place Game pits the Small WOrld Singers against Le Cellier Dwellers in the ultimate battle over what's more annoying - the Small World song or the fact that Disney is making Le Cellier 2 dining credits on the meal plan.

Finally, the 7th Place Game is between the Matterhorn Yodelers and the Duckburg Ducks in the matchup dubbed by the participants as the "Toilet Bowl" or the "Tidy Bowl". I also saw mention of a Toilet Duck in there, which I had to look up. Good stuff and keep up the enthusiasm!!

Good luck to all!!

ClearScreen

I tolerated T.O. when he was helping propel my fantasy team to wins, but after this weekend I really, really, really, really do not like him anymore.

If only I'd started Bennett or Driver :headache:

I would like to petition the league commissioner on bringing in an expansion team for next year out of NC called "THE Disney Fanatics."

We had 14 teams this year, but usually there is a dropout or two from year to year. Next year, I will make an announcement on here and ask who is interested.

I am planning on doing a DIS Dad's Club Fantasy Baseball League. I will post more on it after the new year and set the whole thing up, unless anyone objects to me being commissioner.

ClearScreen

We had 14 teams this year, but usually there is a dropout or two from year to year. Next year, I will make an announcement on here and ask who is interested.

I am planning on doing a DIS Dad's Club Fantasy Baseball League. I will post more on it after the new year and set the whole thing up, unless anyone objects to me being commissioner.

ClearScreen

You did a great job as football comish so I think you will be a great baseball commish....just save me a spot!!

You did a great job as football comish so I think you will be a great baseball commish....just save me a spot!!

I don't know... pretty convenient that the commish is in first place and playing for a title this week. :rolleyes1

Just kidding, but I was hoping I'd get a shot at the Mouse of Pain.

On a sidenote, I'm looking for new ideas to make sleds go faster. My cousin managed to go about 30' farther than I did across the field at the bottom of the hill this weekend. That is just absolutely unacceptable. I know that hill like the back of my hand, and I trust my line, but I've got to have my equipment working at 100%! I've used the vegetable oil, wd-40, pam, turtle wax, furniture polish, Crisco and probably a few other tactics in the past, but I need more speed. I can't seem to find any of that Clark Griswold patented spray stuff, so I'm going to get some snowboard wax and give that a try. Does anybody else have any uncommon ideas for sled lubrication that isn't too top secret to share?

I don't know... pretty convenient that the commish is in first place and playing for a title this week. :rolleyes1

On a sidenote, I'm looking for new ideas to make sleds go faster. My cousin managed to go about 30' farther than I did across the field at the bottom of the hill this weekend. That is just absolutely unacceptable. I know that hill like the back of my hand, and I trust my line, but I've got to have my equipment working at 100%! I've used the vegetable oil, wd-40, pam, turtle wax, furniture polish, Crisco and probably a few other tactics in the past, but I need more speed. I can't seem to find any of that Clark Griswold patented spray stuff, so I'm going to get some snowboard wax and give that a try. Does anybody else have any uncommon ideas for sled lubrication that isn't too top secret to share?

Acme Rocket! :yay:

I was definitely ripe for the taking last week.

Have you tried silicon spray? Also, on Mythbusters, they said Animal Birthing Lubricant was the slipperiest stuff in the world. Here is a link:

https://www.shanestack.com/shop/?login=1&login=1&page=shop-flypage-11422

ClearScreen

Ok, so far today we have had discussions that referenced endodontist gum cutting, mouth throw-up, and (my personal favorite) Animal Birthing Lubricant. I love this place!!!!:rotfl:

I was definitely ripe for the taking last week.

Have you tried silicon spray? Also, on Mythbusters, they said Animal Birthing Lubricant was the slipperiest stuff in the world. Here is a link:

https://www.shanestack.com/shop/?login=1&login=1&page=shop-flypage-11422

ClearScreen

No, I haven't tried silicone spray... I have some at home so I'll have to give it a try. Also, I thought that I'd seen every episode of Mythbusters... either I've missed one or (somehow) forgotten about that one.:rotfl2:

I am game for a meet in Chicago as well.
Since I'm the only one in the Milwaukee area, it's a meet-up every day for me. But Chicago isn't that far, so I'm game.:thumbsup2

Well, look at that. First time ever in a Fantasy League and I'm playing for the Championship. Yeah, this probably won't go to my head. :woohoo::woohoo:
And of course, I was watching the game last night and following along with live stats on Yahoo. Had a small gain to get me enough points to take the lead. On his very next play? He lost a yard. I look at DW and said, "I'll be he gets hurt on the next play and costs me a shot in the Championship game." As you can guess, she really didn't care.

What's the weight difference between you and him? What type of sled are you using?
And it may not be a matter of making yourself go farther - maybe you just need to make him go shorter. Try tying an anchor or anvil to his sled. ::yes::

Ok, so far today we have had discussions that referenced endodontist gum cutting, mouth throw-up, and (my personal favorite) Animal Birthing Lubricant. I love this place!!!!:rotfl:

Watch out, we might actually discuss Disney on one of these pages. :lmao::rotfl2:

Hey Don- It looks like we may get a white Christmas around here. Any igloo building tips? Assuming it's the right kind of snow, I was thinking of making a big pile of packed snow and then just hollowing it out- leaving myself with an igloo. If only there was an engineer among us....:rolleyes:

To summarize, the Splash Mt. pic is hilarious! :lmao:

Now for some (possible) bad news. I spent Saturday at a friend's house. Her munchkins are the same age as mine. We were there for the afternoon, playing, watching Tron (the original), and making a styrofoam Gingerbread house. Yesterday, she called to say her oldest was sick in the belly, spraying out of both ends. And, keep an eye out for my kids.

and you'll see from the signature that we leave for WDW on Saturday. :scared1:
i really hope we don't have a "cheese ball yak attack" during the 1,000 miles from the STL to Orlando. That will make for one LONG ride...
:scared1::scared1::scared1:

I'd be exited too!
"Here you go, Mijo, Jr. Take the keys to the F18. Fire it up for me, I'll be out in a bit." :thumbsup2
That's about how it seems to work!

Great to see another successful Dis Dads Meet!!:thumbsup2 Has anyone begun planning our next big meet? How about a Philly meet, or NYC, or Chicago?

OWNAGE!!!!!
I would try to make a Philly meet. It's only an hour from us!

OK.....tomorrow is my last day of work until January 3rd! :cool1::banana::yay::dance3:

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

No, I haven't tried silicone spray... I have some at home so I'll have to give it a try. Also, I thought that I'd seen every episode of Mythbusters... either I've missed one or (somehow) forgotten about that one.:rotfl2:

I can vouch for ClearScreen, I believe I saw that mentioned on Mythbusters as well. It might have been the one where they were testing slipping on banana peels vs. other objects/substances, but I'm not 100% sure.

Good job short-circuiting the Clark Griswold response, or else at least 10 of us would have jumped in with that quote. :thumbsup2

Well, look at that. First time ever in a Fantasy League and I'm playing for the Championship. Yeah, this probably won't go to my head. :woohoo::woohoo:
And of course, I was watching the game last night and following along with live stats on Yahoo. Had a small gain to get me enough points to take the lead. On his very next play? He lost a yard. I look at DW and said, "I'll be he gets hurt on the next play and costs me a shot in the Championship game." As you can guess, she really didn't care.

Congratulations! I've seen this before. Typically, the newbie experiences great success in his first year, causing him to think he "has figured this game out." He then proceeds to draft a super-stud in the first round the next year only to have said super-stud blow out his knee within the first 7 minutes of game 1. Not that I speak from experience or anything... :rolleyes1

Why is it our wives are never invested in the success of our fake sports teams? :sad2:

Hey Don- It looks like we may get a white Christmas around here. Any igloo building tips? Assuming it's the right kind of snow, I was thinking of making a big pile of packed snow and then just hollowing it out- leaving myself with an igloo. If only there was an engineer among us....:rolleyes:

I'm an engineer, or at least I play one on TV. But I'm a road engineer, so let me know when you need to fix a snow pothole. :rotfl2:

All kidding aside, just pack that snow tight in the walls and the roof! Don will probably have better info, since he's actually built one before. :rolleyes:

Today is my last day of work until January 3rd. ALthough, truth be told, I stopped working about 3 hours ago and I am just staring at the clock and watching the DIS Dads Club message board.

Before I forget, Happy Holidays to all!!

ClearScreen

Today is my last day of work until January 3rd. ALthough, truth be told, I stopped working about 3 hours ago and I am just staring at the clock and watching the DIS Dads Club message board.

Before I forget, Happy Holidays to all!!

ClearScreen

:cool1::cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter