The DIS Dad's Club VI - Man's Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Splash Moutian pic finally. Wife and I snuck these on our carry-on backpacks so the kids and friends didnt know. We sat in the back so no one could see us until the picture. The ladies at the picture place laughed so hard they gave it to us for free in exchange to use it as the display photo.
splashmountian2010.jpg

From bottom l to r to top Christian, Libby, Marriane, Kris, Nana, Robin, Wife (Wendy) and Me (Mark). Robin's face kills me he was so excited!

This pic is hilarious! Thanks for sharing this.

Yeah, that's a problem. I suggested to DW that she invite her mother, as she watches the children, brings us food, etc. But, DW also invited her brother, his wife, and their children. Well, it has all been a disaster.

On the positive, anyone have a Iphone or Windows phone? I am thinking about upgrading and wanted to know what other Dis Dads thought or are using. I am with ATT now and they are largest wireless in KY. Any reviews?

I've got the older Iphone and really like it. It works well as long as you are along a main road or metropolitan area. Since I travel to some more rural areas I don't always have great coverage in some spots. I hook it up to my PC along with my kids iTunes accounts. Works great.

To summarize, the Splash Mt. pic is hilarious! :lmao:

Now for some (possible) bad news. I spent Saturday at a friend's house. Her munchkins are the same age as mine. We were there for the afternoon, playing, watching Tron (the original), and making a styrofoam Gingerbread house. Yesterday, she called to say her oldest was sick in the belly, spraying out of both ends. And, keep an eye out for my kids.

and you'll see from the signature that we leave for WDW on Saturday. :scared1:
i really hope we don't have a "cheese ball yak attack" during the 1,000 miles from the STL to Orlando. That will make for one LONG ride...

Splash Moutian pic finally. Wife and I snuck these on our carry-on backpacks so the kids and friends didnt know. We sat in the back so no one could see us until the picture. The ladies at the picture place laughed so hard they gave it to us for free in exchange to use it as the display photo.

Those pics are awesome - Your wife seems to be quiet funny. She appeared randomly in the pics of us with the kids.

Now for some (possible) bad news. I spent Saturday at a friend's house. Her munchkins are the same age as mine. We were there for the afternoon, playing, watching Tron (the original), and making a styrofoam Gingerbread house. Yesterday, she called to say her oldest was sick in the belly, spraying out of both ends. And, keep an eye out for my kids.

i really hope we don't have a "cheese ball yak attack" during the 1,000 miles from the STL to Orlando. That will make for one LONG ride...

Yikes! Good luck with avoiding this before, during or after your trip.

I don't normally do this... and I am NOT a doctor, but I have to recommend this to you. Try taking Airborne (http://airbornehealth.com) while you are still feeling ok. I have folks that are fanatic about taking this during the flu season and it seems to work for them. It's the zinc that is supposed to fight the stuff. Praying you and your family stay healthy for the trip!!

What a Peanut Buttery Beverly week this was! So glad it's over in less than half-an-hour. Let's see, in the past five days:
1. Dad had an exploratory procedure that confirmed the existence of a brain aneurysm. He'll be having it removed in an endovascular coiling procedure shortly after the first of the year (he needs to be on blood thinning meds for a couple of weeks before the procedure). The exploratory procedure confirmed that the source of the aneurysm is a congenital structural defect, so my brothers and I are being encourage to get MRAs done to test and see whether we have the same abnormality.

I might actually get to come up for air for just a bit now, though I have two other big cases with looming deadlines that I need to pay attention to. One bright note - DW and I decided that we didn't feel like Chinese food and a movie this year, so we reserved a nice suite at Great Wolf Lodge and we'll be spending Christmas Eve at the indoor waterpark with the kids. :)

Aaron, I'm sorry to hear the news. Your dad will be in our prayers, and hope you and your brothers get a clean bill of health.

The Great Wolf Lodge sounds great! :thumbsup2

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

:worship::worship:

AJRitz: You, your dad and siblings are in our prayers. I hope everything goes well.

prattpak: Awesome pic. Can't add anything more. Just awesome. :rotfl2:

Captain_Oblivious: Giants vs Eagles. I think I heard the cheers from Delaware all the way out here in Chicago yesterday. Congrats. As for FFL, it looks like its you and me in the Battle of Complete Irrelavance (ie 5th place). Assuming that AP doesn't post 50 fantasy points against the Bears tonight.

splashmountian2010.jpg

From bottom l to r to top Christian, Libby, Marriane, Kris, Nana, Robin, Wife (Wendy) and Me (Mark). Robin's face kills me he was so excited!

That is the greatest Splash mtn pic.....EVER:lmao:

On the positive, anyone have a Iphone or Windows phone? I am thinking about upgrading and wanted to know what other Dis Dads thought or are using. I am with ATT now and they are largest wireless in KY. Any reviews?

I tried out an Android-based phone last year and have been hooked ever since. It has a slight learning curve as opposed to an iPhone, but is worth the time invested. But it seems all newer phones (iPhone4, Win7 Mobile, and Android-based) are all great phones.

As far as carriers: we use Verizon. It has the best coverage around our area and the places we visit. We have used all the major carriers within the past 10 years (Sprint, T-Mobile, Cingular, AT&T, and Verizon.) We like Verizon the best. But it depends on how good the coverage is in the areas you will be using your phone.

Good luck in your decision. :thumbsup2

And Prattpack, that is the greatest Splash Mountain photo ever!

I would like to thank Mark for making the meet happen, and providing some fast passes for DS Kory and I to ride Everest with him. It was definitely our pleasure to meet his family. Here is a pic of our meet at AK on 12/13/10.

DSCF9803.jpg

I would like to thank Mark for making the meet happen, and providing some fast passes for DS Kory and I to ride Everest with him. It was definitely our pleasure to meet his family. Here is a pic of our meet at AK on 12/13/10.

DSCF9803.jpg

Nice picture! What is that growth on my right shoulder? Better have that beverly checked!!

1. Dad had an exploratory procedure that confirmed the existence of a brain aneurysm. He'll be having it removed in an endovascular coiling procedure shortly after the first of the year (he needs to be on blood thinning meds for a couple of weeks before the procedure). The exploratory procedure confirmed that the source of the aneurysm is a congenital structural defect, so my brothers and I are being encourage to get MRAs done to test and see whether we have the same abnormality.
Aaron - sorry to hear this, but happy they caught it before it ruptured. My mom had one, and the doc was telling us that most people that have them don't even make it to the hospital. Hers was too wide for the coiling (the preferred method of fixing them) so they tried to basically shut it off with a fancy medial paper clip. Prayers for you and your family...

We had a nice chat with him last night and he seems to be doing extremely well! He passed two tests yesterday so he has only one to go and that will be in El Centro after the New Year. If he passes that one, he has his review board meeting. After that, he should receive his "crest" by late January/early February. He sounded pretty excited! :woohoo:
BTW....they will be in Corpus Christi and Ft. Worth in April and El Paso and San Antonio in October next year.
I'd be exited too!
"Here you go, Mijo, Jr. Take the keys to the F18. Fire it up for me, I'll be out in a bit." :thumbsup2

30 minutes and we were back on the road. Of course, that was only one volley, and only out of one end. Good luck!

Awesome pic! Not as awesome as the Splash Mountain picture, but still pretty awesome!

I know I have a TR to do, and I promise I'll get it started soon. Been Peanut Buttering busy at work. Spent 3 weeks before I left prepping for a huge software upgrade a work, then the week after I get back we do it. Still sorting out the causalities.
But on a happy note - DW called DVC Member Services this morning and booked a Savannah view at Kidiani Village for June 27th-30th. We'll be spending two weeks in Florida, but due to odd vacation rules at work we don't yet know which two weeks. However, the few days we booked are for sure. :woohoo:

Nice sweatshirt Jason! :thumbsup2

Nice picture! What is that growth on my right shoulder? Better have that beverly checked!!

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I know I have a TR to do, and I promise I'll get it started soon. Been Peanut Buttering busy at work. Spent 3 weeks before I left prepping for a huge software upgrade a work, then the week after I get back we do it. Still sorting out the causalities.
But on a happy note - DW called DVC Member Services this morning and booked a Savannah view at Kidiani Village for June 27th-30th. We'll be spending two weeks in Florida, but due to odd vacation rules at work we don't yet know which two weeks. However, the few days we booked are for sure. :woohoo:

:woohoo::cool1:

Always nice to have that next trip to look forward to...

Captain_Oblivious: Giants vs Eagles. I think I heard the cheers from Delaware all the way out here in Chicago yesterday. Congrats. As for FFL, it looks like its you and me in the Battle of Complete Irrelavance (ie 5th place). Assuming that AP doesn't post 50 fantasy points against the Bears tonight.

Unbelievable game! I'm glad I resisted the urge to throw something through my TV in the first 3 quarters.

Looking forward to the epic Toilet Bowl matchup next week!

Thanks Christian!

I will say that GKTW is an amazing place. We know first hand because we stayed there 2 weeks ago while we were on Juliana's Make-A-Wish trip. The place is so magical and there are over 1500 volunteer hours there DAILY.

The page is accepting donations again!!!! So if any of you want to spread Christmas cheer GKTW is a geat way to do it!!:thumbsup2

The Splash Mountain pic is hilarious!!!!:rotfl2::lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter