The DIS Dad's Club V - Man's Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you understand...I can't associate myself with Yankees fans. I'm still sore about last year's World Series. Or maybe it's the fact that we gave away Cliff Lee for a couple of baseballs and a batting helmet.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

and to think we could have kept Lee for what we are going to pay Oswalt

yep 'nuther one from Pa!

26K...ya thats what I thought! :eek:

way to go explodo...your like me...we THINK we wear the pants!

we got a rapist? who rendell? we all got him!

freezin' hell ya! never to late to learn! heck, I'm gonna try curling this winter! secrectly it is for the pants tho.....but I'm excited!!

Explodo, :goodvibes Headed your way! The thing I love about vacation planning with my fam is my wife is equally into it with me. And now our 5 yr old son is really into it as well. It sure makes the time pass alot faster when we can plan and chat about it constantly. The only problem now is that my son wants to do all the coasters, and i'm just not up for them, good thing my wife is!! :scared1:

It’s tough keeping up with y’all. Given my employers restrictions on internet usage, I dare not login and post anything, and even attempting to follow along can be risky. :headache: As such, I always seem to be seven pages and three conversations behind before I can even try to chime in. If it weren’t for being able to head out to the house for lunch, I’d miss nearly everything around here. So again I say: “Crud…”

Hummm… “Crud…”, just might need to become an accepted one word post for anyone around here that is just so slammed by life that the can’t even take a break long enough to even check in. I doubt it’s a good enough idea to declare a Man Law, but it perfectly fits my mood when I’ve had enough of the rest of the world.

My employer isn't quite that strict on internet usage. In fact, I'm typing this from work right now. That said, this thread is out of control.:scared1: The only way I could possibly keep up with everything going on here would be to put all productivity on hold for about 15 minutes every hour just to read posts and get caught up in the DIS Dad's Club. I think we need some sort of Cliffs Notes type post every few pages just to summarize things as fast as this thread is moving. :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Looks like Don had better get to work on DIS Dad's Club VI, because we're on pace to outgrow this one in a hurry.

and by the way...

crud

My employer isn't quite that strict on internet usage. In fact, I'm typing this from work right now. That said, this thread is out of control.:scared1: The only way I could possibly keep up with everything going on here would be to put all productivity on hold for about 15 minutes every hour just to read posts and get caught up in the DIS Dad's Club. I think we need some sort of Cliffs Notes type post every few pages just to summarize things as fast as this thread is moving. :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Looks like Don had better get to work on DIS Dad's Club VI, because we're on pace to outgrow this one in a hurry.

and by the way...

crud

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

The only way I could possibly keep up with everything going on here would be to put all productivity on hold for about 15 minutes every hour just to read posts and get caught up in the DIS Dad's Club.

Yeah...how do you think I do it? :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Well guys, I'll do my part to slow the thread down. In 45 minutes I am out the door and on my way up north. (That's where Wisconsinites go on vacation when they can't get to Disney Wolrd - "up north".) I barely get cell reception at my sister's cabin, and that's just fine with me.
The cabin is about 30 minutes from Little Bohemia Lodge - the site of the infamous shoot out between the FBI and John Dillinger's gang. The scenes in "Public Enemies" were shot there, after the movie crew restored it to what it looked like in the 1930's. If everything goes as planned, we'll be having dinner there on Friday night.
Have a good weekend everybody!

Dilemma. I just checked Southwest for flights from Norfolk to MCO... and they have flights from Sep to Dec for $59 each way. That would be just over $400 for the 3 of us to fly to Orlando. I am soooooooo tempted to book something... especially with free dining available until Dec. Unfortunately, I have already agreed with DW that major spending is on hold until Feb. I need to play the lottery some more..... :lmao::lmao:

and by the way...

crud

With 500 members and counting, I don't think it's realistic to keep up with every conversation. Just dive in if you see something interesting. That's what I do.

Well guys, I'll do my part to slow the thread down. In 45 minutes I am out the door and on my way up north. (That's where Wisconsinites go on vacation when they can't get to Disney Wolrd - "up north".) I barely get cell reception at my sister's cabin, and that's just fine with me.
The cabin is about 30 minutes from Little Bohemia Lodge - the site of the infamous shoot out between the FBI and John Dillinger's gang. The scenes in "Public Enemies" were shot there, after the movie crew restored it to what it looked like in the 1930's. If everything goes as planned, we'll be having dinner there on Friday night.

Sounds way cool. Have a great time!

Dilemma. I just checked Southwest for flights from Norfolk to MCO... and they have flights from Sep to Dec for $59 each way. That would be just over $400 for the 3 of us to fly to Orlando. I am soooooooo tempted to book something... especially with free dining available until Dec. Unfortunately, I have already agreed with DW that major spending is on hold until Feb. I need to play the lottery some more..... :lmao::lmao:

Oh Don. Sounds like spreadsheet time to me. What a bummer.

LOL... I started on :rolleyes1 But DW was pretty firm when she said we need to tighten the spending. Single income is hard sometimes! But when a 5 day trip can be had for less than $1500 (all inclusive)... at the holiday time, I pause to think about my options. What's the saying... "It's easier to ask forgiveness than get permission"? :rotfl2::rotfl2:

LOL... I started on :rolleyes1 But DW was pretty firm when she said we need to tighten the spending. Single income is hard sometimes! But when a 5 day trip can be had for less than $1500 (all inclusive)... at the holiday time, I pause to think about my options. What's the saying... "It's easier to ask forgiveness than get permission"? :rotfl2::rotfl2::

I hear you loud and clear on that one, that defines us as well.

So true, so true.

:lmao::rotfl2: Coincidentally, I have just recently started reading his TR and learned about said spreadsheets. Sounds like a lot of work, but I might have to steal... I mean borrow this idea sometime.

Sorry for the stupid question but how do I become a member of this Dad's club?

Welcome!
Emma's Dad will be around to give you your number soon enough!

We're pretty easy to persuade... or not persuade as the case might be.

Have a great trip Barry! Bring back pics!

Sounds like a fun weekend ahead!! Like Christopher said, take pictures!
Oh, and as a member of the arch nemesis team, I hope you run out of TP and mistakenly grab a handful of poison ivy leaves instead of those nice maple leaves. Muahahahaha! :stir:

:lmao::rotfl2: Coincidentally, I have just recently started reading his TR and learned about said spreadsheets. Sounds like a lot of work, but I might have to steal... I mean borrow this idea sometime.

:lmao: I was just thinking... most DDC members had to wait a year to read what will take you a matter of hours! :rotfl2::rotfl2: Enjoy!

Sorry for the stupid question but how do I become a member of this Dad's club?

Not a stupid question at all. Welcome aboard!! :cool1:

As Groucho Marx famously said:

"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member."

ClearScreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter