The Dis Dad's Club II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back from a quick day at Blizzard Beach. I coach my daugher's AAU team here in Michigan and we qualified and attended Nationals in Ft. Myers. Got eliminated on Monday and spend 2 nights at AKL. Not too bad.

Reminded me of: "Hey, you just lost at AAU Nationals!!! What are you gonna do!?!?!.........I'm going to DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!":rotfl2:

Anyway, just planned our next trip, Feb. 6 - 11 at Boardwalk villas, and then off to the Wonder for a 3 night cruise.

Gotta love DVC!!!!:thumbsup2

Sorry to hear you didn't win, but you got to go to Disney World! :rotfl2: That's awesome! So where's the ticker for the next trip ;)

Just found the new thread....saying hello again as it's been a while! Been getting ready for our 2nd trip to WDW this year, end of August, beginning of Sept......free dining....here we come! :lmao:

2nd trip this year... recession must be treating you well :cool1: You gotta love FREE DINING! I hear the crowds have been quite low recently.. hope that continues for your trip!

Thanks for the new thread link. I don't post here much, but do look in to read up from time to time. One more month and I'll be packing for my (our) third WDW trip this year.:cool1:

THIRD TRIP! Wow... I really need to look into DVC! Glad you stopped by to give us on update.

Only 119!!!

I am game!!! :thumbsup2

Only 20 more to be double digits... sweet!

I'm glad you guys came by to check out the new thread. I was able to send PMs to all the dads except a handful that do not accept PMs. It takes a while to do it since you can only PM 5 people at a time! Hopefully we will see some more dad's that haven't been by in a while. But I am getting worried about Fanatic... anyone hear from him yet??

Great to see we have another thread up!

Me and the family are heading back to Disney next month to celebrate my DS's 5th B-day at the Beach Club.

Any DIS Dads going to be at WDW the week of August 22-29?

2nd trip this year... recession must be treating you well :cool1: You gotta love FREE DINING! I hear the crowds have been quite low recently.. hope that continues for your trip!

LOL, yeah. :) Actually, we were going to do an end of summer trip to the beach or something, but with free dining, and POP, it's actually going to cost us less to do Disney again than to go to the shore, LOL. Gotta LOVE free food! :thumbsup2

Great to see we have another thread up!

Me and the family are heading back to Disney next month to celebrate my DS's 5th B-day at the Beach Club.

Any DIS Dads going to be at WDW the week of August 22-29?

I only wish I was going. Our 16 year anniversary is the 21st... wonder if I can use that as an excuse to go?!? :rotfl2:

I only wish I was going. Our 16 year anniversary is the 21st... wonder if I can use that as an excuse to go?!? :rotfl2:

Wife and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary, our daughters 7th birthday, and our son's 1st, LOL. Those are my REAL excuses for going twice this year. :goodvibes

Wife and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary, our daughters 7th birthday, and our son's 1st, LOL. Those are my REAL excuses for going twice this year. :goodvibes

You guys don't look old enough to be celebrating 20 years of marriage!! I just checked out your Disney album... you have a great looking family! Your DD is too cute. I bet she's excited to be going back so soon :)

You guys don't look old enough to be celebrating 20 years of marriage!! I just checked out your Disney album... you have a great looking family! Your DD is too cute. I bet she's excited to be going back so soon :)

Hehe, thanks on the age thing....married VERY young. :)

We actually haven't told our daughter about the trip yet. We came back in June, and told her we would probably not be going again until her little brother turned 4.

SO, her birthday is July 30th. My wife wrapped a pair of mouse ears, a luggage tag, and a picture I made of her at Disney with a custom message saying we were going back again, put it in a box and wrapped it. I can't WAIT to see her face when she opens it! :)

Been a while since I have visited the thread. Glad to see so many "Disney Dads" on here ! Quick question....Anyone have any experience in having to coordinate a trip for 21 family members to WDW ? We are going the week before Christmas with a free dining pin. What are my chances with getting everyone in the same restaurants TOGETHER ??? :confused3
We are doing one Grand Gathering breakfast so that should be no problem. I'm just wondering about the regular ADR's.

Yeah, I was checking the other tread myself, wondering why no one was posting. Thanks for setting up "the deuce!"

We leave in October, and my 90 day window for ADRs opens on Thursday. Unfortunately, we're staying with my in-laws for the first week that we are there, so I have to call every day to set up new ADRs - no 90+10 for me.

hey anyone have any info on CBR , and the best building in the complex? we where doing a dcl cruise in march 2010, but after working the numbers we can do almost 10 days at a moderate for less....what is march like in dis, crowd , weather?? any info would help!!!

thanks

hey anyone have any info on CBR , and the best building in the complex? we where doing a dcl cruise in march 2010, but after working the numbers we can do almost 10 days at a moderate for less....what is march like in dis, crowd , weather?? any info would help!!!

thanks
march is good as far as weather. the only thing is spring break. it can get a little crowded. in the 80s we would go every year in march and stay at crb. i love it but the crowd level was high. now maybe it changed in 20 years, i havent been back in march in a long time. old port royal is the main "hub". the food court etc... alot of people like staying as close to that as they can. :thumbsup2

Been a while since I have visited the thread. Glad to see so many "Disney Dads" on here ! Quick question....Anyone have any experience in having to coordinate a trip for 21 family members to WDW ? We are going the week before Christmas with a free dining pin. What are my chances with getting everyone in the same restaurants TOGETHER ??? :confused3
We are doing one Grand Gathering breakfast so that should be no problem. I'm just wondering about the regular ADR's.
i know when i called for my adrs last week the phone system ask if you have a party larger than8 or 10 to push a certain number. maybe try that:thumbsup2

I now know why my thread subscription was not getting updated.

Welcome to all the new members.

Also, sorry to hear about Kevin's father.

Thanks to Emma's Dad for letting me know aobut this new thread! I wondered why I had not gotten any e-mail notices lately for the Dads Club.

Has anyone started a Dads club on Facebook yet? I think that might be cool too.:woohoo:

Hehe, thanks on the age thing....married VERY young. :)

We actually haven't told our daughter about the trip yet. We came back in June, and told her we would probably not be going again until her little brother turned 4.

SO, her birthday is July 30th. My wife wrapped a pair of mouse ears, a luggage tag, and a picture I made of her at Disney with a custom message saying we were going back again, put it in a box and wrapped it. I can't WAIT to see her face when she opens it! :)
:thumbsup2 thats cool!! how olds your dd? and i just noticed your from the l.v area! im in nazareth. i see your leaving in a few short weeks, take me with you. my dw and i were down in may for our 25th aniv. and in oct we are going again with dd and friends.

Hey, I never knew this thread existed! Our kids are all adults but I'm still a DIS Dad! In fact, our 28 yo Navy son will be heading down to WDW with us in October. We'll be taking advantage of his Military Salute at POFQ.

dvczerfs: Where are you located? We're in Williams Township, just south of Easton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter