The Dis Dad's Club II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pleased to say I now qualify for the DDC my lil girl was born on 07-08-09 the rest of the list is easy that was the hardest part to get. I look forward to participating in this thread.:dance3:

:thumbsup2 Congrats!

I'll have a Dole Whip in celebration for you!!!

5 DAYS!!!!!! :cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :yay:

Ok, I figure this is the perfect spot for my first post. My wife and 2 kids are Disney fans as well but I am by far the geek of the family. It appears I am in good company :) Next trip in 35 days for my birthday, I'll figure out how to get one of those little counters later.

Thanks!

Anybody like my DIS Dad's Club Logo???? :confused3

Made it like the old Mickey Mouse Club logo with DIS Board Lime Green! :thumbsup2

Ok, I figure this is the perfect spot for my first post. My wife and 2 kids are Disney fans as well but I am by far the geek of the family. It appears I am in good company :) Next trip in 35 days for my birthday, I'll figure out how to get one of those little counters later.

Thanks!

:welcome:

Click on THIS LINK and it will take you to a site to generate your own countdown ticker.

Copy the resulting "code" and add it to your Signiture! :thumbsup2

I am pleased to say I now qualify for the DDC my lil girl was born on 07-08-09 the rest of the list is easy that was the hardest part to get. I look forward to participating in this thread.:dance3:

Congratulations! That's going to be a hard birthday to remember :rotfl2: You are member # 331

Better count me in the club too. I'm happy to say that I meet about 92 of the 119 criteria items. My DW, DS11 and DD8 all think I'm crazy, but they enjoy the benefits!! We're at the 90-day mark today until our next treck to 'the world'!

Only 92 of them? Hmmmm... that one for every day you have left until you leave :) You are member # 332

Hello all, please add me to the club if there are any spots left. Great to see this many Dads joining together for the mouse.:thumbsup2

We have plenty of spots left! Welcome! You are member # 333

Thanks!

We are honored that your first post is a request to join our little club. You are member # 334

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB! :welcome:

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list :thumbsup2

Just found the new thread, I was on vacation last week (at home..sigh) and very busy with the kids and work around the house. Welcome to all the new dad's, I am very jealous of all of you who have a trip coming up soon.

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Just found the new thread, I was on vacation last week (at home..sigh) and very busy with the kids and work around the house. Welcome to all the new dad's, I am very jealous of all of you who have a trip coming up soon.

:welcome::welcome::welcome:
welcome back daddy-o! they lossed us a curve ball.

Hey Dads,
I finally found the new thread. I have not been around for awhile but for good reasons. This has been a REALLY busy three months. Started out at the end of April with a trip to Disney for my 39th Birthday. What a great trip. I had planned on doing a full trip report and just did not have the time. I did get to meet a fellow Dis Dad (Emma's Dad) which was really cool. After Disney, I spent the next month getting caught up with work since I was off for a week to go to Disney. Baseball games and flag football games for the 9 year old have been have been keeping me busy as well.

Last year my MIL decided to organize a family reunion trip in June to Bermuda. We had already had our trip to Disney planned and half the trip payed for when we found out. Thankfully, she paid for the trip.

That was quite the experience. It statred out with the day before the trip. I spent all day Saturday June 20th either packing or helping set ujp and tear down our community art festival. I finally got home saturday night around 8 and began the final packing. My wife ran out to pick up some more stuff. The kids were asleep and all of a sudden CRASH from upstairs. I ran up to find my oldest son screaming. Here the ceiling in his room collapsed!:scared1: Thank God it did not fall on him. What a great start to the trip.

We left out of New York on a Sunday, got to Bermuda on Wednesday and left Bermuda on Friday to come back to New York on the following Sunday. We saw the sun for a total of 1.5 days. We had steady rains, 30-40 mph winds and 12-18 foot seas. It started feeling like the Deadliest Catch. We did get to witness a 3 am middle of the ocean rescue of a small sail boat. We were the closest boat (or is it a ship? I was in the Army so I am not sure) in the area and rescued the poor guy. Ended up he lost his engines in 12 foot seas.:eek: My oldest son and youngest son were on and off with being sea sick the whole trip. My wife....well she was sick most of the cruise. Not sea sick.....morning sick!

Turns out right before we left for the cruise we found out that she is pregnant:cool1::banana:. It must have been the Disney Magic. I will be getting a brand new shiney baby for my 40th birthday.

Like I said it has been busy. Welcome to the CLub to all the new Dads out there. All Dads getting ready to go have a great time and have a Dole Whip for me!

Hey Dads,
I finally found the new thread. I have not been around for awhile but for good reasons. This has been a REALLY busy three months. Started out at the end of April with a trip to Disney for my 39th Birthday. What a great trip. I had planned on doing a full trip report and just did not have the time. I did get to meet a fellow Dis Dad (Emma's Dad) which was really cool. After Disney, I spent the next month getting caught up with work since I was off for a week to go to Disney. Baseball games and flag football games for the 9 year old have been have been keeping me busy as well.

Last year my MIL decided to organize a family reunion trip in June to Bermuda. We had already had our trip to Disney planned and half the trip payed for when we found out. Thankfully, she paid for the trip.

That was quite the experience. It statred out with the day before the trip. I spent all day Saturday June 20th either packing or helping set ujp and tear down our community art festival. I finally got home saturday night around 8 and began the final packing. My wife ran out to pick up some more stuff. The kids were asleep and all of a sudden CRASH from upstairs. I ran up to find my oldest son screaming. Here the ceiling in his room collapsed!:scared1: Thank God it did not fall on him. What a great start to the trip.

We left out of New York on a Sunday, got to Bermuda on Wednesday and left Bermuda on Friday to come back to New York on the following Sunday. We saw the sun for a total of 1.5 days. We had steady rains, 30-40 mph winds and 12-18 foot seas. It started feeling like the Deadliest Catch. We did get to witness a 3 am middle of the ocean rescue of a small sail boat. We were the closest boat (or is it a ship? I was in the Army so I am not sure) in the area and rescued the poor guy. Ended up he lost his engines in 12 foot seas.:eek: My oldest son and youngest son were on and off with being sea sick the whole trip. My wife....well she was sick most of the cruise. Not sea sick.....morning sick!

Turns out right before we left for the cruise we found out that she is pregnant:cool1::banana:. It must have been the Disney Magic. I will be getting a brand new shiney baby for my 40th birthday.

Like I said it has been busy. Welcome to the CLub to all the new Dads out there. All Dads getting ready to go have a great time and have a Dole Whip for me!
WOW!!welcome back kevin and congrats!!! i dont know were to start. hope your sons ok, sorry to hear about the trip. i will show your post to my "you will never know your on the water, the ship is to big" dw who wants me to go on a cruise. so were you cap. sig or capt. phil? :lmao:i get sea sick watching the show!:lmao:our dd was disney magic also!:rotfl2:

glad to have you back and again congrats!!!

only 5 days to go !! hows the sleeping been going? sleeping like a log? :lmao:

:cloud9: So far.

Tomorrow I start waking up earlier to prepare for my scheduled 4am departure time on Saturday Morning...I usually do all the driving...I just don't like being a passenger. Roughly 10-12 hours driving depending on traffic and weather.

I packed my bag last night so I can help DW and the Boys pack the rest of the week.

CONGRATULATIONS!! And welcome to the club. I bet you are planning your first trip witht the baby already, aren't you?

WOW!!welcome back kevin and congrats!!! i dont know were to start. hope your sons ok, sorry to hear about the trip. i will show your post to my "you will never know your on the water, the ship is to big" dw who wants me to go on a cruise. so were you cap. sig or capt. phil? :lmao:i get sea sick watching the show!:lmao:our dd was disney magic also!:rotfl2:

glad to have you back and again congrats!!!

Thanks, it is amazing what a little Disney magic will do. I knew we were in trouble when they had sea sick bags located at all the elevators on the ship. That ship was no where near big enough. No matter how much I tried to stay away from my MIL she always seemed to find us.:rotfl:

Hey Dads,

Holy smokes, Batman! Sounds like it surely has been interesting in your neck of the woods. What caused the ceiling to fall??? It was a Griswald, was it? :rotfl2: Crazy!

I gotta say, Kevin, I'm bummed that we did not get any pictures of the 2 of us during that trip! That part of my trip report is coming up and I have no pictures to tell the story :sad2:

Being ex-Navy, I can envision how that trip went. Been in a few seas like that myself. Hope you had a few good memories out of it despite the weather and sick bodies!

Congratulations! I can't even imagine taking care of a baby at 40! Good thing you have those big boys to help out :thumbsup2

Welcome back!
Don

:cloud9: So far.

Tomorrow I start waking up earlier to prepare for my scheduled 4am departure time on Saturday Morning...I usually do all the driving...I just don't like being a passenger. Roughly 10-12 hours driving depending on traffic and weather.

I packed my bag last night so I can help DW and the Boys pack the rest of the week.

WOOHOO! Soooo close! I'm ecited for you, man! Although, I would not be looking forward to the driving. We're spoiled now with a 2 hour non-stop flight on Southwest :)

Just back from a quick day at Blizzard Beach. I coach my daugher's AAU team here in Michigan and we qualified and attended Nationals in Ft. Myers. Got eliminated on Monday and spend 2 nights at AKL. Not too bad.

Reminded me of: "Hey, you just lost at AAU Nationals!!! What are you gonna do!?!?!.........I'm going to DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!":rotfl2:

Anyway, just planned our next trip, Feb. 6 - 11 at Boardwalk villas, and then off to the Wonder for a 3 night cruise.

Gotta love DVC!!!!:thumbsup2

Just found the new thread....saying hello again as it's been a while! Been getting ready for our 2nd trip to WDW this year, end of August, beginning of Sept......free dining....here we come! :lmao:

Thanks for the new thread link. I don't post here much, but do look in to read up from time to time. One more month and I'll be packing for my (our) third WDW trip this year.:cool1:

Hey Dads,

:scared1: This needs to be turned into a movie script!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter