The Dis Dad's Club II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I happened to notice that this was listed as a "featured thread" on the "DIS Newsletter" that was just e-mailed out this morning. I would expect some more traffic and probably some new dads signing up soon. I think we're getting popular!

I don't get the newsletter. Is is online somewhere or email only?

Hey... where do you sign up for this?? Oh! Found it.... go to www.wdwinfo.com... enter your email address at the bottom on the page.

So far, $575.00 and still no A/C. Hopefully today everything will get resolved, once the ice has melted. Luckily, we have a portable unit (a necessity after dealing with 3 hurricane's in two years), put that in the kids room & DW and I just dealt with the heat last night...

Oh boy do I feel your pain...ours went out last year..after hours of course, in the middle of summer...in South Coastal Georgia (Translated: Swamp).

We were going to have to take my son to a hotel if we didn't get it fixed..$775.00 later we were fine....I would've paid him $2000.00 it was so hot:lmao::lmao:

Oh, and by the way Corn Fuzz: Our Orange looks much better than yours:lmao::lmao:( ;)Inside Joke from the trip report section)

You are quite a generous guy, John!

DW says "Well If I want good gifts I better get them myself" otherwise I'd get her a new set of tires or a vacuum cleaner... :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Very nice John. I got my wife 2 flats of flowers to plant in her garden for her birthday. I am glad she dosen't read this board I am affraid she might start buying her own gifts and stick me with the bill. :scared1::rotfl2:

19 years with the woman, and the same bank account number, she knows all the numbers by heart:scared1: :confused3

Our Christmas decorations always go up the first week of December in honor of our DD's birthday on the 6th. Now that she's married, she has already put theirs up. Her in-laws are coming up in a week from NC to celebrate "Christgiving" (Thanksgiving and Christmas) so she wants to have the house decorated. They very rarely come north after September as her DMIL hates winter weather. Now that there's a DGS in the picture, they may actually come back up in December, depending on the weather forecast.
Hey, Dave: DD has a Tinkerbell tree topper and she wants to know if you have one of those?!

Fed: How many days?

Welcome, New Dads! :thumbsup2

no to answer your question but i have to admit that we put up two trees.the one in our finished basement is dd disney stuff and is topped off by pooh.(the bear) and is 6 foot. the one in our living room is 8 foot and we just put a star ontop of that one but 80 percent of the stuff on it is disney along w/ the monorail going around the bottom.:lmao:

Oh, and by the way Corn Fuzz: Our Orange looks much better than yours:lmao::lmao:( ;)Inside Joke from the trip report section)

Your Orange is almost Red looks allot like Gator Orange...and our "Temple" is Bigger!!! :lmao:

Good ol' Rocky Top (Hey!) Rocky Top Tennessee!!! :rolleyes1

no to answer your question but i have to admit that we put up two trees.the one in our finished basement is dd disney stuff and is topped off by pooh.(the bear) and is 6 foot. the one in our living room is 8 foot and we just put a star ontop of that one but 80 percent of the stuff on it is disney along w/ the monorail going around the bottom.:lmao:

I'm jealous... I came very close to buying a monorail when we were there this year. Maybe I'll pony up this next year and get one :thumbsup2

Oh boy do I feel your pain...ours went out last year..after hours of course, in the middle of summer...in South Coastal Georgia (Translated: Swamp).

We were going to have to take my son to a hotel if we didn't get it fixed..$775.00 later we were fine....I would've paid him $2000.00 it was so hot:lmao::lmao:

Oh, we've been down this road many times before. Our house is old, built in the 50's and then added on to throughout the years. From the moment we moved in, we started having trouble with cooling, but, it wasn't that bad, so we just dealt with it. Then we were told that our DD needed a second hip surgery, the first resulted in a full body cast that she wore for 5 months. So we scrambled to try and get that house cold so that she'd be a little more comfy. New larger unit, new ductwork and 8K later, it was tolerable but never 'cold'. Thankfully, she wasn't in a cast after the surgery.

I'm just glad that, even though 500 hurts, it's not as bad as it could have been. I just spoke to the guy, and everything is working perfectly, no additional charge. However, after we've recovered from the trip, I'm going to schedule a complete duct inspection.

Oh, we've been down this road many times before. Our house is old, built in the 50's and then added on to throughout the years. From the moment we moved in, we started having trouble with cooling, but, it wasn't that bad, so we just dealt with it. Then we were told that our DD needed a second hip surgery, the first resulted in a full body cast that she wore for 5 months. So we scrambled to try and get that house cold so that she'd be a little more comfy. New larger unit, new ductwork and 8K later, it was tolerable but never 'cold'. Thankfully, she wasn't in a cast after the surgery.

I'm just glad that, even though 500 hurts, it's not as bad as it could have been. I just spoke to the guy, and everything is working perfectly, no additional charge. However, after we've recovered from the trip, I'm going to schedule a complete duct inspection.

Woohoo! Trip is still on! Glad it wasn't more $ out of your pocket.... for now....

My inlaws used to live in Minnesota. (I know what you're thinking - they need a/c in Minnesota?) We were visiting one summer during a hot spell. It was still 80° and humid at 9:00pm and the AC went out. Luckily we didn't have kids at the time to try and keep cool. They had a split level house, so there was no true basement. I opened up the crawlspace "door", crawled in and laid down on the bare concrete. It was about 60° in there, and like laying on a cloud. :cloud9:

I'm jealous... I came very close to buying a monorail when we were there this year. Maybe I'll pony up this next year and get one :thumbsup2

Evan got one from Grandma and Grandpa for this birthday this year. Unfortunately, it doesn't give the door spiel in Spanish - only English. :sad1:

It's still fun, though!:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter