The Decoy Trip that turned into a Dream - The End. 7/5, Page 22.

What a great day! Dream Fast Passes and everything!!
Okay, I have something to say that is totally unrelated to Disney, but, when am I ever truly on topic...
Skedaddle and smackerel! These are GREAT words that are just not used enough these days! Definitely a double green thumbs up for finding places for them in your TR!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
Glad you're adding another little somethin' at the end here for us, because I'm not ready for it to be over yet!:sad1:

Thanks, Heather! We've been reading the original Pooh books at bedtime lately, so the "smackerel" seemed natural. Skedaddle is just a good word! ;)

The Dream FPs were a true gift. :)
Great timing for the Dream Fast Pass. I hope you recovered quickly from your cold

It couldn't have been on a better day for us! My cold actually hung in through the rest of that weekend, but I just was able to be lazy - one of the very small benefits of having to come back on Friday instead of Sunday... ;)

How lucky you were to be able to go to a park the same day you left. We never had enough time...

Welcome back, DM! :) I really tried hard to find a flight to allow us to do this, and it worked out fine!

WOO HOO!!!
:jumping1:
Dream Fast Passes on your last 1/2 day! Nice to end with a Magical Moment...And I don't mean the not-so-magical ride on Space Mountain! I've been through that with my DS when he was younger too - last minute cold feet when he's already strapped in and there's nothing you can do but offer a few fingertips in comfort!
:scared:
Also, how GREAT that both boys were chosed for something special: Jungle Cruise and Laugh Factory. Buzz sharing his Pixie Dust was soooooo sweet! I love moments like that!
pixiedust:
Thanks for sharing your TR with all of us here on the DIS. It's been great fun following along with your wonderful family. Wishing you many more magical vacations!
:wizard:

Thanks so much! :goodvibes I hope I've kept it entertaining. Glad to know I'm not the only one with the Space Mountain issue. Oops! :)

Welcome back, DM! :) I really tried hard to find a flight to allow us to do this, and it worked out fine!
I thought I had a late enough flight also but things didn't work to our advantage there. I guess you'll have to come on over and read all about it! :rolleyes1

Wow Dream FP's on your last day couldn't be any better, well I suppose DVC :rotfl2: You got so much done we normally have time but just spend it by the pool don't want to be all sweaty for a 9 hour flight :eek: That was so cute with the joke and then the interview :thumbsup2 Can't believe your trip is over :sad:

Hey there!! Really enjoying reading your TR. I love the way you write!! Thanks for getting me hooked on DISBoards! :cool1: Can't wait to read the rest!!:coffee:

I thought I had a late enough flight also but things didn't work to our advantage there. I guess you'll have to come on over and read all about it! :rolleyes1

I KNOW. I'm reading, I swear, but I have this thing about not posting until I'm caught up, so that I'm not posting on stuff you've written weeks or months ago. I promise, I'm there. ;)

Wow Dream FP's on your last day couldn't be any better, well I suppose DVC :rotfl2: You got so much done we normally have time but just spend it by the pool don't want to be all sweaty for a 9 hour flight :eek: That was so cute with the joke and then the interview :thumbsup2 Can't believe your trip is over :sad:

Don't you get me started on crying! ;) Yup, DVC would have been about the only thing better - we couldn't have taken the "night in the castle" prize, so... :rotfl:

And, as I said, D. changed, but I didn't. Between the ear popping, sweating, and sniffling, the woman beside me on the plane probably REALLY wished she wasn't. Beside me, I mean. ;)

One more post, then I'll just hang out on your TR and drive you mad... :rolleyes1

Hey there!! Really enjoying reading your TR. I love the way you write!! Thanks for getting me hooked on DISBoards! :cool1: Can't wait to read the rest!!:coffee:

Hello! :) Everyone, this is my friend, who's in my all-twin playgroup. She went to Disney last fall, and helped me out a bunch. She hosted 7 kids at her house this morning along with her 3... She's terrific!

Thanks for making me your first post! :goodvibes

So, this is just the wrap up. Things and theories floating around in my head... Not quite wanting to be done... :)

The trip was just fantastic all around. :thumbsup2 I don't know if it was when we went, or having the touring plans, or a combination of the two, but we really didn't get frustrated by lines or feel crazed.

We went to a party yesterday -family friends who have a little girl whose birthday was actually yesterday, so birthday party/Independence Day cookout combo! - and I was talking to several other moms and dads about Disney. One family said that they hated it :eek: and have no desire to go back - two hour lines and huge crowds. I think that they said they went during NH's spring break week at the end of April, so that surprised me some, as it's not spring break for the whole country or even the whole East Coast that week... :confused3

Another mom was like me, used the UOG plans, and had a ball - but also went the first week in May instead of the last week in April. I did also share that I spent 5 months planning and all that, and maybe the DIS is the most important difference! ;)

I was so smug at the beginning of my pre-TR - "I won't be planning too much, or laminating ride plans..." Umm... :) I might next time - there was no laminating, but there were plans, for sure! ;)

D. has mentioned several times since returning that he thought he might be weary of the whole Disney deal - he's not a fanatic, as I am, and he was afraid the Disneyfication would get to him. He ended up being impressed by how they handle amazing numbers of people, hotels, etc. He has also declared that when we go back, we will not be staying anywhere but the AKL. He was so funny and kind of cute about it - rushing out to see the animals, etc.

He's also loaned our UOG to a co-worker, and is praising the planning to no end! I figured he'd be a little more like some other DH's I've read about - "What do you mean we have to plan everything?" but instead he has just been touting my planning skills (love that man!) and telling everyone that you have to have a plan to succeed.

I actually think that if we'd had more time, or had the DVC where we knew we'd be going back very regularly, we might be a little less rigid with the plans; but for a short trip and one that we don't know when we'll return, it was the way to go!

I stressed so much about the stroller issue. It worked out great that we didn't have one, but only because I am nowhere near "dainty." We did do a LOT of shoulder rides, but that's OK because I can take a kid, too. Another year, and the boys will probably be too big, or if I was smaller in general (not just weight, but bone type, etc.) we probably would have had to use at least one stroller. I imagine that we're probably not going to be going back until the stroller will be a moot point - the boys nearing 7 at least. Sigh. ;)

The shoes worked out great, too! The boys still wear the Crocs every day. My flips were super-comfy, even though they weren't what I planned on wearing.

Side note: I bought myself a pair of the Athens Crocs flips before my NYC trip. I tried them on in the store, but with tags and so forth, it was hard to tell. I got them home and wore them for an evening before deciding that they really were still just way too wide. :sad2: Dr. Belle tried them in NYC, and though her feet may not be as narrow as mine, she wears a smaller shoe, and she couldn't wear them either. D. is wearing them now. :) (They are navy and khaki - fine manly colors...) I still want to at least try some Mary Janes for myself. :rolleyes1

As far as the parks go, we just had such magical days in MK, and there is so much to do there for the younger set, that it still ranks as our favorite park overall. I think there was more to be done at MGM than we did, but it worked out fine and the boys loved Star Tours and seeing the Red Ranger. Epcot was a little odd for us this time, and I don't know if it was the EMH crowds or the fact that I really wanted to be in the WS more, but the kids had little interest. Still, we stayed all day and they loved Soarin', M:S, and Test Track. AK was less of a hit than I expected, but they really liked Kali, and we got a great safari experience. Again, I think if we had a few more days, we'd have found some more things that we loved in the parks that weren't MK. :)

I just took some pictures of our Dream prizes. Here are the pins on the lanyard from our first Dream encounter:
June2007018.jpg

And here is the Dream Fastpass. There are still 3 tabs attached:
June2007019.jpg

I thought about giving the FP to someone as we left, for the last three rides, but you had to have both the card and the little tabs, and I wanted the cards for a souvenir. Is that selfish? :)

Speaking of rides, one of the tabs we had left was the one for Philharmagic. We never did see it, and that's something I kind of regret. I'm not sure why we didn't go, either. :confused: Ah, well - next time.

If you have more than one day scheduled in any park, and you see someone with a Dream FP or lanyard, ask where and when they got them. We picked up both prizes at nearly the same time, coming off the same ride, but one on Monday and one on Friday. I wouldn't be surprised if they change the rides where they hang out, weekly or something, but it struck me that there was a pattern there... :thumbsup2

The pixie dust was huge, and in fact continues to be really helpful! Buzz fell down in our driveway two weeks ago, and he was still complaining that it hurt when he went to bed that night. I put a single piece of pixie dust on his pillow, and he settled right down. :) Surely someone sells Mickey Head confetti - I may just keep replenishing our supply... :idea:

So...

I guess that's about it. :sad1: I think I'll take my ticker down -it's just depressing now. :lmao: I'll definitely still be on the boards all the time, even if I won't be planning a trip for another two years. I may start a general thread on the community board for just telling funny "real time" stories and so forth - things that happen to us that might not belong on other people's TRs. If I do, I'll post a link in my signature. :) With D. gone, sometimes, it is just fun to share that kind of thing with other grown-ups, and I need a place to do it. If there's already such a thread and I just don't know about it, somebody let me know! ;)

Lastly, thanks so much to everyone for reading. I think I remember the trip so much better because I took notes in order to be able to write a trip report, just meaning to have something to put in a scrapbook. I never dreamed to make such great friends from the experience. :grouphug:

Thanks again!

C.E. :wave2:

So, this is just the wrap up. Things and theories floating around in my head... Not quite wanting to be done... :)
That is why I intend on dragging my TR out...

One family said that they hated it :eek: and have no desire to go back - two hour lines and huge crowds. I think that they said they went during NH's spring break week at the end of April, so that surprised me some, as it's not spring break for the whole country or even the whole East Coast that week... :confused3
I know NY has spring break in April and going down to Disney at that time is crazy! I would never go at that time.

I bought myself a pair of the Athens Crocs flips before my NYC trip. I tried them on in the store, but with tags and so forth, it was hard to tell. I got them home and wore them for an evening before deciding that they really were still just way too wide. :sad2: Dr. Belle tried them in NYC, and though her feet may not be as narrow as mine, she wears a smaller shoe, and she couldn't wear them either. D. is wearing them now. :) (They are navy and khaki - fine manly colors...) I still want to at least try some Mary Janes for myself. :rolleyes1
Hey! I have a pair of navy/khaki ones, but my feet are a bit wider. Didn't use to be but I never wear shoes at home, just flops and slippers in winter so I'm sure my feet spread out these past couple years or so...

I thought about giving the FP to someone as we left, for the last three rides, but you had to have both the card and the little tabs, and I wanted the cards for a souvenir. Is that selfish? :)
Absolutely positively not selfish. I would have done the same thing for souvenirs! Well, maybe I'm selfish...;)

Speaking of rides, one of the tabs we had left was the one for Philharmagic. We never did see it, and that's something I kind of regret. I'm not sure why we didn't go, either. :confused: Ah, well - next time.
It's definitely a good show...next time!

I guess that's about it. :sad1: I think I'll take my ticker down -it's just depressing now. :lmao: I'll definitely still be on the boards all the time, even if I won't be planning a trip for another two years. I may start a general thread on the community board for just telling funny "real time" stories and so forth - things that happen to us that might not belong on other people's TRs. If I do, I'll post a link in my signature. :) With D. gone, sometimes, it is just fun to share that kind of thing with other grown-ups, and I need a place to do it. If there's already such a thread and I just don't know about it, somebody let me know! ;)
That sounds good. Hey, at least you'll have more times to read my TR! :laughing:

Lastly, thanks so much to everyone for reading. I think I remember the trip so much better because I took notes in order to be able to write a trip report, just meaning to have something to put in a scrapbook. I never dreamed to make such great friends from the experience. :grouphug:
You're quite welcome...:rolleyes: I enjoyed your TR. You may want to print out your individual posts for a keepsake. I have started to do that to mine so I have my written TR along with pics printed out for the future in case I forget certain little things...

CE I don't want it to be over :sad: I've really enjoyed reading all about your wonderful trip and seeing photos of your gorgeous boys and you of course too! It was definately not selfish to keep your DFP I would have wanted a keep sake too :) You must catch Philarmagic next time it's great.

So glad you're not going to disappear on us :goodvibes

Sad to see it end, great report. Maybe you will get a little pixie dust and you will get there earlier than you think instead of waiting 2 years :O)

Can't wait, I'd better think of some stuff to write :rotfl2:

Yes, indeedy! :) Otherwise, who knows what havoc I'll start up? :rolleyes1

That is why I intend on dragging my TR out...

Good plan. I just got to enjoy the actual writing so much that it went more quickly than expected. :)

I know NY has spring break in April and going down to Disney at that time is crazy! I would never go at that time.

NH always goes the week after MA, so at least in my "border area" here, not everyone in the immediate vicinity is out on the same week. Perhaps we do share with CT or NY or NJ or something, though? I'm starting to think already that we may try to go during the Feb. break of the first-grade year. We'll see... ;)

Hey! I have a pair of navy/khaki ones, but my feet are a bit wider. Didn't use to be but I never wear shoes at home, just flops and slippers in winter so I'm sure my feet spread out these past couple years or so...

I do think my feet are wider now than they were before, for mostly the same reasons. It's just that I've gone from having to buy AA/AAAA to actually being able to wear a normal shoe. I was just afraid of blistering with the Croc flips, since my feet were moving around so much within them.

Absolutely positively not selfish. I would have done the same thing for souvenirs! Well, maybe I'm selfish...;)

Thanks! :goodvibes

That sounds good. Hey, at least you'll have more times to read my TR! :laughing:

Yep! I'll be there!

You're quite welcome...:rolleyes: I enjoyed your TR. You may want to print out your individual posts for a keepsake. I have started to do that to mine so I have my written TR along with pics printed out for the future in case I forget certain little things...

Thanks again! And,
Happy Anniversary!

CE I don't want it to be over :sad: I've really enjoyed reading all about your wonderful trip and seeing photos of your gorgeous boys and you of course too! It was definately not selfish to keep your DFP I would have wanted a keep sake too :) You must catch Philarmagic next time it's great.

So glad you're not going to disappear on us :goodvibes

Thanks! :goodvibes I actually WILL disappear some from 20 July to 30 July (British style, for you!), though I'll have my laptop. It's a big driving trip from the East coast to the Midwest to see all three sets of grandparents and various other family. I don't know how much responding I'll do, but I'll definitely be reading! Don't worry if you don't see me for a while, though - I'll be keeping up! :thumbsup2

Sad to see it end, great report. Maybe you will get a little pixie dust and you will get there earlier than you think instead of waiting 2 years :O)

Thanks! :goodvibes One week to go for you!!! Are you going to write a TR? Let me know if you do! It occurs to me that I don't even know where you're staying... Just sayin'... :rolleyes1

just wanted to let you know how much I've enjoyed reading about your first trip to WDW - you did a great job writing this! :thumbsup2

And thanks for posting the pics of your Dream prizes - I doubt Jay and I will ever get any closer to one than that. ;)

I may start a general thread on the community board for just telling funny "real time" stories and so forth -
You can always chat a bunch with us on the Team Focker Watch thread--it's purely chatting with folks you know! If you decide to start a new chat thread--send us the link!:hug:

thanks for a wonderful trip report. enjoyed going on your trip with you...

Thanks again!

C.E. :wave2:

Thanks for writing it! It was a great TR and it inspired me to start my own Pre-TR (see the link in my siggie, if interested). If you haven't already, DO the scrapbook, maybe even do part with the boys, or have them do mini ones you help them with. I bet it will help keep the Disney feeling, just like writing your TR did. :wizard:

In any case, I enjoyed it! No matter when the next one is, write another! :thumbsup2 I'll be looking for it in a couple of years! ;)

NH always goes the week after MA, so at least in my "border area" here, not everyone in the immediate vicinity is out on the same week. Perhaps we do share with CT or NY or NJ or something, though? I'm starting to think already that we may try to go during the Feb. break of the first-grade year. We'll see... ;)

Not sure when the break is, but if it's President's Day week, you may want to reconsider. I guess tons of schools are off that week and the numbers jump for that week. That week also (I believe) is not value season anymore. Disney takes advantage of it being a school holiday and upped it to Regular season or something. Just thought I'd pass that along in case that was the week you were thinking of.

Not sure when the break is, but if it's President's Day week, you may want to reconsider. I guess tons of schools are off that week and the numbers jump for that week. That week also (I believe) is not value season anymore. Disney takes advantage of it being a school holiday and upped it to Regular season or something. Just thought I'd pass that along in case that was the week you were thinking of.
Yup...same here in Central NY. We have a week off during February and everything is expensive and Disney is busy.

A good week we found is Columbus Day week in October. My kids actually only have 3 days that week because of superindent's conference day. I love that time of year. Plus Food & Wine Festival! :thumbsup2

You can always chat a bunch with us on the Team Focker Watch thread--it's purely chatting with folks you know! If you decide to start a new chat thread--send us the link!:hug:

Will do! I may just hang with the TFWs, though. ;) I haven't been over there in a while, so I wasn't sure if it was chatty or more for checking in before trips... ;)

thanks for a wonderful trip report. enjoyed going on your trip with you...

Thanks so much! :goodvibes

Thanks for writing it! It was a great TR and it inspired me to start my own Pre-TR (see the link in my siggie, if interested). If you haven't already, DO the scrapbook, maybe even do part with the boys, or have them do mini ones you help them with. I bet it will help keep the Disney feeling, just like writing your TR did. :wizard:

In any case, I enjoyed it! No matter when the next one is, write another! :thumbsup2 I'll be looking for it in a couple of years! ;)

I'll definitely put something together. :) And, I'll definitely go check out your pre-trippie!

Yup...same here in Central NY. We have a week off during February and everything is expensive and Disney is busy.

A good week we found is Columbus Day week in October. My kids actually only have 3 days that week because of superindent's conference day. I love that time of year. Plus Food & Wine Festival! :thumbsup2

We actually do Feb. break the week after President's Day, because MA goes the week of, and goodness knows we couldn't be the same... ;) So, we might still be OK - and it's usually my birthday week, too! (It always strikes me as funny, because they do give the NH kids Pres. Day off, and then they go back for four days and then get the whole next week off? OK...) But, maybe we'll consider just missing a couple of days of school at another long weekend - not a bad idea! Thanks for the heads up, ladies! :thumbsup2

We actually do Feb. break the week after President's Day, because MA goes the week of, and goodness knows we couldn't be the same... ;) So, we might still be OK - and it's usually my birthday week, too! (It always strikes me as funny, because they do give the NH kids Pres. Day off, and then they go back for four days and then get the whole next week off? OK...) But, maybe we'll consider just missing a couple of days of school at another long weekend - not a bad idea! Thanks for the heads up, ladies! :thumbsup2

I think you will probably be okay that week then. I do think that Disney changes to Regular Season Prez Day week and it stays regular until May or something b/c of the college Spring breaks inMarch and the reg school Spring Breaks in April. I don't know how much of a price difference it is though.

I think you will probably be okay that week then. I do think that Disney changes to Regular Season Prez Day week and it stays regular until May or something b/c of the college Spring breaks inMarch and the reg school Spring Breaks in April. I don't know how much of a price difference it is though.

Just for kicks I tried to price it out for this coming year's Feb. break (which runs 2/25 to 2/29 - Happy Leap Year!) even though I know we won't be going until probably 2/2009. But, they aren't even pricing 2/2008 yet, so... :) I thought that week might be OK as it's after Pres. Day, but before those collegiate March breaks. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess. I will probably keep checking for 2/2008 just to have a general idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter