The Darling Family June Beach Club Trip:Hugging Ewoks and Finding Peter Pan

We were soon seated in a half empty Crystal Palace, though it was full by the time we left the restaurant. Almost immediately Piglet stopped by for a visit.
DSC00411.jpg

DSC00409.jpg

DSC00408.jpg

Then the boys went up for their food. Tigger was quickly approaching so I called them back. That is my one complaint about the character buffets. It is always a bit chaotic helping the kids with the food and making sure they don’t miss the characters. I prefer the character meals that are served family style (like the Garden Grill) for that reason. Anyway, the boys made it back for Tigger.
DSC00414.jpg

Tigger and Michael did a bit of bouncing together which was fun.
Us girls went up for our food. The food was pretty typical breakfast fare. It was fine, but I actually like the food at both Tusker House and Cape May breakfasts better. They seem to have more variety and nothing beats that Tusker House juice. (We went there last trip).
Wendy and I were back at the table in time for Pooh’s appearance.
DSC00419.jpg

DSC00416.jpg

DSC00420.jpg

DSC00421.jpg

After Pooh’s visit we had a minor snafu. Wendy lost a tooth! This of course involved some blood and Eeyore was on his way. DH took Wendy to the bathroom and expressed a bit of displeasure about my concern about missing Eeyore. He was probably right. Sometimes I may get a little too caught up in the Disney Magic and forget that real problems (like a bloody tooth) should take precedent. Anyway, while they were taking care of that Eeyore showed up.
DSC00423.jpg

And then it was time for the character parade so the boys marched with Eeyore around the restaurant. During the parade DH and Wendy returned and luckily Eeyore stopped by again for a brief visit with Wendy.
DSC00425.jpg

Our tummies were full and all the characters had been by and it was only 8:57 This was much better than my planned scenario. Remember we weren’t even supposed to be seated until 8:25 so my ride plans for the day didn’t start until 9:30. We saw the first rope droppers walking down Main Street. We could join them and be right at the front of the pack! It looked like we could possibly even get on Dumbo with a minimal wait! Dumbo wasn’t on the schedule until our next Magic Kingdom morning. But as any good DISer knows the sooner you can check Dumbo off the list, the better! At this moment, however, our waiter appeared to be in a deep, lengthy conversation with our neighboring table that was showing no sign of abating. Would we get our check? Would we make it on Dumbo?

Fantastic character photos!! Wow, losing a tooth at disney!! It would be fun to put it under your pillow there!!:goodvibes

I loved the walk from SOG to the poly, but our first one was at night and I remember how shocked I was when I saw the "Beware of Alligator" signs!:scared1: Although we never saw one.

Looking forward to more!

Awesome photopass pictures Jenny! :thumbsup2 In three trips, they have never offered for us to do the Tinkerbelle picture. I wonder if it's because I have all boys? :confused3

I agree about the character meals with buffets and how stressful it can making sure they don't miss the characters. Have you guys tried 'Ohana's for breakfast yet? I bet you'd like it.

How cool to lose a tooth at Disney World!! :goodvibes

Wow, losing a tooth at disney, how fun. We love CP, the characters circulate so quickly there. Not sure why they can't do that at other places, too. Sounds like the timing of your breakfast worked out great to make rope drop.

I'm really enjoying reading your trip report!!:goodvibes You photopass pictures are great!!! I love the character pictures at CP and losing a tooth at Disney--how cool!!:thumbsup2 It's so funny because last year on our breakfast at CP, my son wasn't eating very well and he loves breakfast!! I thought he was just distracted by the characters but it turns out he had his very first loose tooth and it felt funny to him every time he would bite into something. So there must be something about CP??:rotfl: Looking forward to more.....popcorn::

Fantastic character photos!! Wow, losing a tooth at disney!! It would be fun to put it under your pillow there!!:goodvibes

I loved the walk from SOG to the poly, but our first one was at night and I remember how shocked I was when I saw the "Beware of Alligator" signs!:scared1: Although we never saw one.

Looking forward to more!
My DH claims he saw a baby alligator:scared1: I never saw it though

Awesome photopass pictures Jenny! :thumbsup2 In three trips, they have never offered for us to do the Tinkerbelle picture. I wonder if it's because I have all boys? :confused3

I agree about the character meals with buffets and how stressful it can making sure they don't miss the characters. Have you guys tried 'Ohana's for breakfast yet? I bet you'd like it.

How cool to lose a tooth at Disney World!! :goodvibes
We usually ask for the Tinker Bell picture. I do want to try Ohana's for breakfast. Especially because DS7 decided he loves Stitch.

Wow, losing a tooth at disney, how fun. We love CP, the characters circulate so quickly there. Not sure why they can't do that at other places, too. Sounds like the timing of your breakfast worked out great to make rope drop.
Our rope drop experience coming right up!

I'm really enjoying reading your trip report!!:goodvibes You photopass pictures are great!!! I love the character pictures at CP and losing a tooth at Disney--how cool!!:thumbsup2 It's so funny because last year on our breakfast at CP, my son wasn't eating very well and he loves breakfast!! I thought he was just distracted by the characters but it turns out he had his very first loose tooth and it felt funny to him every time he would bite into something. So there must be something about CP??:rotfl: Looking forward to more.....popcorn::
My kids always lose their teeth when they are eating because they never let us pull them out.:confused3 Apparently it works for them.

I am enjoying your trip report very much! Lookingforward to more!:thumbsup2

:welcome: more coming right up!

After all of my meticulous planning, it was clearly time for an audible. The original plan for the day was to send DH for Splash Mountain fastpasses around 9:30 and then head to Winnie the Pooh, the Mad Tea Party, the Carousel etc. You know, the Fantasy Land rides that don’t develop 60 minute waits at 9:15;) But now we were looking at a golden opportunity if only we could get that check. I told DH to wait for the check and then head to Splash Mountain for fastpasses. The kids and I would head straight to Dumbo and could hopefully make it on within 10 or 15 minutes. We headed out the door and began our Dumbo Dash.:woohoo: The kids immediately complained that I was walking too fast, but I pointed out all the people that were passing us and explained that every one of them was heading to Dumbo and we didn’t want to be behind them in line. (OK, I know that is a tad bit of exaggeration.:rolleyes:) In a strange kind of way, I really like that mad walking dash to attractions 1st thing in the morning. It gets the blood flowing and gets me psyched for the day ahead! It was already a bit warm so we were all a little damp by the time we made it, but we arrived at our destination and the line looked to be about 10 minutes long. Success:banana:

Meanwhile, back at Crystal Palace DH waited patiently for the check.:rolleyes1 I think our waiter brought it pretty quickly when he saw me and the kids join the Dumbo Dash. DH then entered the Splash Mountain Dash already in full swing. He obtained the fastpasses and called to see where we were. I said we were about to hop into a flying elephant and I was shocked to hear DH’s reply.
Here I must digress again. One of the things DH complains about at Disney World is Dumbo. He says the ride is a huge waste of time and can’t wait for the day that “we will never have to ride it again.” :eek:Those are his words, not mine.
So clearly it is not my DH speaking, but Peter Pan when I hear over the phone, “Darn. I wanted to ride!” My response, “Excuse me?” Peter Pan replies, “This may be one of the last times we ever ride it and I’m missing it!” I think you could have knocked me over with a feather!:upsidedow
Anyway before we knew it we were loading into the elephants and I see DH walk up. Great! The nice CM was walking by and she gave DH the camera so we were able to get a few Dumbo action shots!
DSC00428.jpg

DSC00431.jpg

We soared over Fantasyland and I enjoyed the ride. No matter what DH says, I don’t ever think the day will come that “we will never have to ride it again.” There is just something magical about Dumbo! :goodvibes (Especially if the line is only 10 minutes. I’m not sure it would be so magical if I’d waited 90 minutes)
Next up everyone wanted Peter Pan, but I warned them that the line might be a tad too long and recommended Pooh Bear. They didn’t believe me :confused3 (sometimes they question my Disney knowledge, but not very often.) So we walked over to check it out and it was already 30 minutes. No way were we spending 30 minutes in a line before 10:00 am. That touring time is way too precious! So off we went to the Seven Acre Woods looking for Huffalumps and Woozles. :thumbsup2
Next up was a visit to Wonderland where we hopped in some teacups. We decided to all get in one teacup which was a bit of a squeeze I’m not my 18 year old svelte self anymore ;) The kids spun us around as fast as they could. (Which was plenty fast for me. I don’t think I’ll be riding in the same cup when they are teenagers:sick:
DSC00436.jpg

As we hopped off the teacups who was waiting for us? Why this charming girl.
DSC00437.jpg

Alice and Wendy had a lovely discussion about cupcakes and other things that make them smile.
DSC00438.jpg

Once again, Michael wanted nothing to do with anyone of the female persuasion. DH was itching to take him on Goofy’s Barnstormer anyway so off went DH and Michael. John wasn’t yet feeling brave enough for Goofy’s wild ride, so he was forced to stay with us and actually converse with a female.
DSC00439.jpg

We then headed over to Toontown hoping to meet up with Minnie. Brief Disney flashback: On our last trip we’d arrived at Toontown rope drop and Minnie walked out of her house, reached for Wendy’s hand and gave her a private tour of her place. Wendy and I loved it. At that time Minnie was doing meet n’ greets in her gazebo. I was unaware she wasn’t anymore. That meant we didn’t get to see Minnie only her house. This is always fun though.
DSC00440.jpg

DH called and said Michael loved Goofy’s Barnstormer and they were going again. I think they went on it 3 times in a row! That’s what happens if you show up at Toontown at 9:45. Michael insisted it was the best ride ever! It was about 10:15 and I was hoping to get in a quick audience with The Big Cheese, but the line was already nearly out the door! So we decided to head back to Fantasyland and catch some of the “second tier” rides that we still love.

We hopped right on the Carousel.
DSC00448.jpg

DSC00442.jpg

DSC00445.jpg

That was fun. What should we do next?

I'm here, I'm here!:yay: My husband is itching to get on the computer for some World of Warcraft, so I'll post more responses later, but I wanted to say that your family is just beautiful.:goodvibes

Wonderful update!!

My dd wanted to lose a tooth in Disney so badly because she says Tink is the tooth fairy there! Sadly, she didn't.

That's so cool that Alice was there by the teacups! We missed her this year. Last year, she and the Mad Hatter rode in the cup next to us-that was exciting.

I missed CP this year. We saw Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore at AK but never did see Piglet.

I am enjoying your trip report. I love riding Dumbo... I hope will are able to meet Alice, my dd wants to meet her.

I just had to laugh reading your write about walking fast to dumbo and look how everyone is walking faster than us!!! I think exactly the same way!! I am a fast walker too - that's why I love having the boys in the stroller - so i can push them at my pace -- AHHH it's maddening!!

Sounds like it was a fun morning at FantasyLand. Then again, how can it not be fun. There's so many fun rides to hop on and off.

Great read so far! :thumbsup2

We do the Dumbo Dash too.:thumbsup2 My DH feels the same way about Dumbo as your DH so I usually just send him to get fastpasses while we ride. But the boys and I love this ride!! There is just something about Dumbo--so magical!!:cloud9:

Your family really is "darling"...:goodvibes

Your dd looks just like you...too cute...

I love your title-I love Peter Pan (saw Hook-great film-often tease my husband that he is very much like that too...) and my dd just played Mrs. Darling in their school production of Peter Pan...

as for the Ewoks-I just about squeal everytime I see one...

My Ds has just gotten into Star Wars and is soooo excited to make a light saber....do they light up or have any sound?

Am enjoying your trip report-post more soon....:surfweb:

I'm here, I'm here!:yay: My husband is itching to get on the computer for some World of Warcraft, so I'll post more responses later, but I wanted to say that your family is just beautiful.:goodvibes
Those pesky husbands and kids. Always wanting the computer and getting in the way of our DIS time:rolleyes:

Wonderful update!!

My dd wanted to lose a tooth in Disney so badly because she says Tink is the tooth fairy there! Sadly, she didn't.

That's so cool that Alice was there by the teacups! We missed her this year. Last year, she and the Mad Hatter rode in the cup next to us-that was exciting.

I missed CP this year. We saw Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore at AK but never did see Piglet.
I told DD9 that everyone was impressed with her lost tooth and she reminded me I still owed her a dollar:rotfl: Obviously she no longer believes in the tooth fairy (Tinkerbell or otherwise):confused3

I am enjoying your trip report. I love riding Dumbo... I hope will are able to meet Alice, my dd wants to meet her.
Alice is by the teacups quite often. A lot of the time the Mad Hatter is with her too. You should be able to see her:goodvibes

I just had to laugh reading your write about walking fast to dumbo and look how everyone is walking faster than us!!! I think exactly the same way!! I am a fast walker too - that's why I love having the boys in the stroller - so i can push them at my pace -- AHHH it's maddening!!

Sounds like it was a fun morning at FantasyLand. Then again, how can it not be fun. There's so many fun rides to hop on and off.

Great read so far! :thumbsup2

I agree with the stroller thing. You just have to be careful not to run the slow walkers over:rotfl:

We do the Dumbo Dash too.:thumbsup2 My DH feels the same way about Dumbo as your DH so I usually just send him to get fastpasses while we ride. But the boys and I love this ride!! There is just something about Dumbo--so magical!!:cloud9:
Sometimes those DHs just don't get it:confused3 They are still worth keeping around though;)

Your family really is "darling"...:goodvibes

Your dd looks just like you...too cute...

I love your title-I love Peter Pan (saw Hook-great film-often tease my husband that he is very much like that too...) and my dd just played Mrs. Darling in their school production of Peter Pan...

as for the Ewoks-I just about squeal everytime I see one...

My Ds has just gotten into Star Wars and is soooo excited to make a light saber....do they light up or have any sound?

Am enjoying your trip report-post more soon....:surfweb:
Thanks for the compliments. I take it as a huge compliment when people tell me my DD looks like me. I just think she is beautiful:love: (I may be a bit biased.) The Ewok stuff is coming soon. It's my favorite part of the whole trip. The light sabers light up and make sound too! My boys play with them all the time. Maybe a bit too often. I get tired of referreeing:rolleyes1

Next stop: Small World. A short line and air conditioning. What else did we need? It was only around 10:30, but it was already hot.:eek: In past trips this has been a favorite of all 3 kids. This trip, not so much.:confused3 This was one of those moments when Wendy clearly wanted to leave the nursery. I gave her the camera and told her to take pictures for entertainment. She took a few shots I didn’t delete later.
DSC00452.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

Michael thought this was a fabulous ride. It is a favorite of most 4 year olds. He insisted we take this shot as we passed through China.
DSC00453.jpg

Bet most of you have never noticed that Panda, but Michael spots Pandas wherever they are. Pandas and Ewoks. Those are his things.

Last stop in Fantasyland was Philharmagic. I love this show. So do DH, Wendy and Michael. On the other hand, we have never been able to get John to wear the glasses so he had no idea if he likes it or not. This time I was determined he was going to wear them. We sat down in the theater and he assured me he would put the glasses on sometime during the show. I kept looking over and he hadn’t yet put them on. Finally I bent over and discreetly whispered that now was the time and he didn’t have any other choices. Crying and protesting ensued. In the middle of Philharmagic. I’m sure there were people around thinking, “What is that parent doing making her child do something he doesn’t want to?” (I’ve read those DISboards threads:rolleyes1) But come on this was Philharmagic. There was nothing scary here and I knew he would love it. So after some more tears, he finally put them on right during the jewel part. And what did I hear? “Oh cool!” I bonked my forehead and then we all sat back and enjoyed the rest of the show. :rolleyes:
After the triumph that was Philharmagic our Splash Mountain fastpass time had arrived. However, we wanted to get in a ride on Buzz before we left the park so I sent DH over to pick up Buzz fastpasses and the kids and I headed towards Adventureland. I was hopeful it was still early enough to get in a ride on the Magic Carpets. We went over and hopped in line. It was only about a 15 minute wait, but it was hot and in the sun. DH misunderstood and thought we were heading straight for Splash so he was a bit annoyed we were stuck in the line. :confused3 He hopped in with us and it wasn’t too long before we were soaring over Agrabah.
DSC00456.jpg

Next up is Splash Mountain. Michael was excited for this ride. DH had told him it was even better than Goofy’s Barnstormer. The other two kids were a bit worried. (This is a major understatement.) We told them during the trip planning stages that we were all going to ride it so they knew it wasn’t really a choice. I thought they would really like it because of all the cute animantronics. We didn’t have much of a wait (thank you Fastpass:thumbsup2) and we were loaded up. Everyone loved the two short hills towards the beginning and the boys really liked all of the animatronics. Then we started up the big hill and things got a bit tense. I reminded everyone to scream really loud because then they wouldn’t forget to breathe. Everyone did a great job screaming as we entered the Briar Patch!
DSC00457.jpg

This is my rednecked photo (another DIS tip I picked up.) In retrospect maybe I should have shelled out the money and bought the photo since it is our first family ride on Splash Mountain (and if Wendy has her way it will be our last.)

The final verdicts: Wendy- hated it. John- liked all of it except for the hill. Michael- loved it. DH and I thought it was a triumph just to get them all on it without crying (we hadn’t done that with Philharmagic.):rolleyes:

It was getting close to our normal lunch time, but we weren’t very hungry because of our breakfast feast at Crystal Palace. What to do? Why look there is the Dole Whip shack! It was an easy decision to stop and use up some more snack credits. I ordered 2 pineapple floats, one with pineapple soft serve and one with orange soft serve. Big mistake. I should have just stuck with the pineapple. It was ten thousand times better! We even ended up throwing some of the orange float away. Lesson definitely learned and we’ll stick with pineapple in the future:goodvibes

We headed over to Future World to battle Zurg, but what did we see on the way? It’s a photopass guy! It was hot and most everyone wasn’t interested in stopping. I whispered something in John’s ear about a special Mommy picture and he joined me. (John has a bit of a crush on me:lovestruc) Here’s what we got
Image036.jpg

Image038.jpg

Can you tell it’s hot? Look at those squints! I thought this next one was a weird pose even when the guy had us do it, but in interest of full disclosure here is the shot.
Image040.jpg

Then we headed over to Buzz where we battled Zurg. My boys just love this ride. All you can see of Michael are his mouse ears.
DSC00459.jpg

DSC00460.jpg

We were about finished with the Magic Kingdom, but the Carousel of Progress was calling out to Wendy so we went in. We actually got to watch the scene from the 1920’s twice. Technical difficulties or something. To Michael’s credit, he noticed they were saying the same thing about ¼ of the way through. At least somebody was paying attention:laughing:
After our brief journey back in time we started to head out of the park. As we walked through the Noodle Station (great shortcut!) the kids started asking about pin trading. Before the trip I bought a lot of 15 pins off of Pincastle.com for the kids to trade and they were itching to get started. So we headed into one of the stores on Main St., found a CM that wasn’t too busy and did a triple pin trade. The kids had a fun time with this. They all started different collections. We’ll definitely get another lot next trip:thumbsup2 So after the brief detour, we headed out to the bus stop and were quickly on our way back to the Beach Club

Up next: An afternoon swim break and Star Wars Weekend

Philharmagic is such an amazing show, the effects are cool!! We took that same photopass shot of the castle at the tomorrowland bridge in the late morning. The sun shines right in your eyes and its SO HOT!! We were squinting too!

Can't believe you got everyone on Splash Mountain. It's good to try it! We wanted to, but DS4 was not willing - next time I guess.

We love Philharmagic!!:lovestruc It's such a great show!! Last year, my son did not want to put his glasses on because his brother had teased him and told him things were going to pop out at him, it obviously scared him--poor kid. It wasn't until the end when he finally put them on and loved the show!!! This year it was one of the first things he asked to see again.:) Great photopass pics!!! Looking forward to more....

I have to ask, what days in June were you there? We were there June 22-July 1. It'd be funny to see each other in each other's pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter