The Darling Family June Beach Club Trip:Hugging Ewoks and Finding Peter Pan

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by dismagiclover, Jun 22, 2009.

1. liznboys

liznboys <font color="red">I wish upon stars!<br><font colo

Sounds like you had a great room location.

We bought that Jedi Mickey for #4 last June.

Cute shirt! And it smells like chocolate?!? :cloud9:

lol yeah a fast spinning Garden Grill would not be a good thing! I've read about people who think it spins too fast as it is.

So they didn't get to assemble the worms and dirt? They just came out ready to eat? My kids would miss that part.

You really did pack a ton into your first day!! I'm pooped just reading about it! I bet you had a great Disney sleep that night. :cloud9:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dismagiclover

dismagiclover Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Thanks for the compliments. I think my kids are beautiful too. Kind of like movie star versions of DH and I:rotfl: Can't wait to hear about your Beverly experience. DH did have a bit of trouble with the lightsabers, but by the time I arrived for backup things were under control

The nightshirt smelled like chocolate until I washed it:confused3 They brought the worms and dirt already assembled. The kids really missed the decorate your own cupcake thing. We do pack lots into our days. DH doesn't really know how to relax and I never get tired at Disney (except maybe when I run half marathons):rotfl:

4. liznboys

Ah, bummer. I wondered about that. Maybe sprinkle a little cocoa powder in the load next time you wash it. :rotfl:

Yeah I guess we'll see about that, huh?! :) Are you still planning to nap that day? After I read that thread I sent you, I think I might want to keep moving... Not sure yet though.

5. MJAJmom

MJAJmom DIS Veteran

We loved Garden Grill too! I thought the character interaction was wonderful!! Looking forward to your DHS day.

6. dismagiclover

The characters are fun there and I love being served family style. Trying to get food from the buffet for the kids and not missing the characters can end up very stressful.:scared:

7. dismagiclover

My next installment is ready for publication, but it's lacking a vital element. The photopass pictures:goodvibes So, this trip report will go on a brief hiatus until that pesky CD arrives. Try not to go too far away because I will be back. I just hope it is before I get pushed all the way to page 6 or even worse to Trip Report Oblivion (is that spelled right?):scared1:

8. liznboys

We'll be waiting! :goodvibes

9. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

We'll just have to keep bumping! :goodvibes

10. shannon47142

shannon47142 DIS Veteran

just found your report and have been throughly enjoying it!!!
    Awesome first day--
    my family also enjoys Garden Grille:cool1:

11. dismagiclover

Thanks guys! You're such loyal readers.:hug:

:welcome: Just today John told me he has to go back to Garden Grill next time. It's definitely a family favorite:goodvibes

12. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

13. dismagiclover

The CD has arrived.:cheer2: I'm downloading and trying to organize the pictures now. There are over 700 so it might take me a little while:rotfl: Hopefully I'll be able to get an update up either tonight or tomorrow.:thumbsup2

14. dismagiclover

The alarm went off bright and early. Michael woke up singing the Star Wars theme song. Do you think he was a bit excited for the day? Before we headed over to Star Wars Weekend we had a morning of Magic Kingdom. We were at the bus stop by 7:15 and a Magic Kingdom bus pulled up almost immediately. We hopped on board.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We arrived at the Magic Kingdom a little after 7:30. This was earlier than planned, but I love early mornings. It wasn’t hot yet and we found a bench and plopped ourselves down where we could listen to the music and watch all the other early birds lining up. Most people were in line for the character breakfast entrance, but there were a few at the turnstiles waiting for the 9:00 open. Our Crystal Palace ADR was for 8:25, so we were a bit early ourselves, but I figured that would give us more time on a relatively empty Main Street. Once the line for breakfast ADRs started moving we hopped in and before we knew it we were walking down Main Street. (For anyone that cares, they didn’t check our names or reservation number.) I think Main Street USA may be one of my favorite places in the world. I shed a tear or two and breathed in that beautiful air. I was finally here!!! And lo and behold what do we see but a Photopass photographer just waiting to capture the moment. I pre ordered the CD and I took advantage of it on this trip. (My family will tell you I abused it!)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There was no hurry as we strolled up the street
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh and look there, it was another Photopass guy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh my goodness, there was another Photopass guy all by his lonesome! I will have none of that. However, the boys would have none of any more photopass pictures so these are of us girls.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The boys checked out the ducks in the moat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I figured I might as well check in for breakfast even though it was about 20 minutes before our ADR. Thinking we had some time I took the kids over towards the castle for more pictures.
    [​IMG]

I only took one photo before I saw DH and a CM waving their arms at us and we ran over. We were seated by 8:07. I guess it was worth it to come early!
    Next Up: Breakfast with Pooh and friends.

15. stace208

stace208 DIS Veteran

I'm joining in! I am loving your TR so far!! Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

16. MJAJmom

MJAJmom DIS Veteran

I love the pictures walking down Main Street. It's so nice to have an early ADR before the park opens. Great tinkerbell shots. My boys would love your son's red pirate ears with the hanging sash!

17. jenjolt

jenjolt Loves All Things Disney!

I'm subbing in!! I love the report so far and can't wait to hear more!! You have a very cute family!

18. SunnieRN

SunnieRN DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, your kids are so adorable!! Your photopass pictures are great and I loved the main street pictures of your son and daughter holding hands!!;)
    Just curious? How did you like shades of green? We stayed there last Sept. on our first to the world. I was impressed with the room size, cleanliness, the lobby, but must admit it didn't seem to have quite as much of a disney feel when it came to the employees. (except for the bus drivers, they were fantastic!)

Looking forward to more!!

19. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

I just caught up again. I'm sorry I was behind but I do have an excuse....I've been working on my own trip report. Come over for a read when you get a minute.

I absolutely love all of the cute pictures! Your kids are sooo cute.

20. dismagiclover

:welcome: I love new readers:goodvibes
    Those pictures walking down Main Street turned out cute. I have to confess I set the holding hands thing up. The pirate ears are from last trip. He didn't wear them much this trip because the elastic broke.:confused3
    :welcome: More coming up soon!

21. dismagiclover

I actually set the holding hands thing up, but it is super cute. We really liked Shades of Green. The rooms were really big and I loved the location. It was only a 10 minute walk to the Polynesian monorail:thumbsup2 You're right about the employees. They were perfectly adequate, but we didn't feel like we were at Disney when we were at the hotel. We'd consider staying there again sometime. I'd definitely prefer it to a value for the room size alone. Though it is going to be hard for us to stay anywhere beside the Beach Club. The location was fabulous and that pool can't be beat:cloud9:

Thanks for the compliment. I do love pictures:goodvibes Lots more to come