The Darling Family June 2010 Trip Report: When are the Parents Showing Up?11/5 New TR

My kids love, love, love doing the masks. They also love the Japan pavilion, but I've never taken them into the big store there (as I call it). Next time you go, I'd suggest listening to the Voices of Liberty in the American pavilion if you've never done it. They are amazing.

Just joining in now, but I'm all caught up! What a great TR-- love the PP of the boys swordfighting! Can't wait to read more!!

My kids love, love, love doing the masks. They also love the Japan pavilion, but I've never taken them into the big store there (as I call it). Next time you go, I'd suggest listening to the Voices of Liberty in the American pavilion if you've never done it. They are amazing.
My advice is to keep your kids out of the big Japan store for as long as you possibly can;) I definitely want to hear the Voices of Liberty. I think I'll try see them in January because we're staying at the Boardwalk so I'm sure we'll spend plenty of time in the World Showcase. (Dinner is there almost every night.)

Just joining in now, but I'm all caught up! What a great TR-- love the PP of the boys swordfighting! Can't wait to read more!!
:welcome: I'm glad to have you on board. I notice in your ticker that you're heading to WWOHP in a couple of months. By then I might actually be done with our Harry Potter report:laughing:

Another bright Disney morning was upon us. This morning we just ate a box of donuts in the room. (It’s vacation and no grown ups were around;)) We were out the door early once again and by about 8:30 saw this site.

DSC02046.jpg

A beautiful sunshiney day.:cool2: This was our Epcot rope drop day. Though we’d already spent quite a bit of time here we still hadn’t ridden any of the big rides. So today was the day for that. After going through the turnstiles we headed to the right side of the park to await the rope drop and join the crowd to Soarin. In the past we’d always had DH with us for the Soarin rope drop and we’d sent him off to retrieve fastpasses while the kids and I strolled into Character Connections to say hello to our friends without waiting. Today would be different. Today I would have to retrieve the fastpasses myself.:eek: So the rope dropped and I joined the throng, holding on to both the boys as I went. Now I’m familiar with the insanity that is the Toy Story Rope Drop and I’m virtually a professional at the Dumbo Dash. (I’ve actually won that one twice.:cool1:) I was a newbie at the Soarin rope drop though. I find Toy Story Rope Drop amusing and the Dumbo Dash is a great adrenaline rush. (Love hoofing it up Main Street.) The Soarin dash was a bit of a let down. It’s just silly. I mean why do we seriously have to all file into a building and down a bunch of stairs so we can get the illusive fastpasses?:confused3 I think they should figure out a way to hand them out without requiring us all to enter the building. It would just be way more efficient. Like maybe put a set of machines up outside the building that can be used at open. Anyway, I’m sure they have their reasons, but I didn’t get any sort of kick out of this rope drop like I usually do with other rope drops. So in the future I’m sure we’ll go back to tradition and have DH do the dirty work while the kids and I go visit our friends.:thumbsup2 So after getting our fastpasses we crossed over to the other side of the park where we hit the standby line for Test Track.

DSC02048.jpg

My boys love this ride. We took this picture because this man is pretty much the same size as DH, and of course we missed him.:sad2:

DSC02049.jpg

Eventually we made it on the ride. (We’re in the back row.)

Photo0279.jpg

No Test Track ride is complete without taking a couple of showroom cars for a test drive.

DSC02051.jpg

DSC02053.jpg

After we left Test Track it was time for all of us to try a brand new ride. One of the things DH really wanted the boys to do on this trip was go on Mission Space. He thought they would love it. Now he’d been on it (the orange side), but I never had. I’m pretty sure it’s one of those things that would make me queasy.:sick: I figured I could handle the green side without any problem so we headed over that way to give it a try. The boys were both nervous about it because it was an unknown, but I reminded them we’d promised DH we would do it. So we headed in and there was no line.:thumbsup2

DSC02055.jpg

Did they like it! You bet.:woohoo: In fact John now proclaims this to be one of his favorite rides. Who knows maybe DH will be able to talk him into the orange side next time.:scared1: As we exited the ride we explored the shop. It was here that John saw the stuffed Stitch for the first time and decided it must be his. He was still wanting more Pokemon cards though and was trying to decide how to spend the money. Decisions, decisions.:rolleyes: So he decided not to get the Stitch at least for the moment. We wandered out of the shop and took this shot to commemorate the boys’ first ride on Mission Space.

DSC02056.jpg

It was now about 10:30 and we’d planned to meet the Disney Family for lunch at 11:00. You know what they say about the best laid plans though . . .:rolleyes1

My girls love the orange side on Mission: SPACE, my son not so much. Great PP picture on Test Track--the expressions on the faces are priceless!

Well, it happened again. We were at that rope drop. You and my DH headed to Soarin' for FP. The girls and I went to MS. We then met at TT. I would say we were right behind or in front of you. Too cool. It was a nice morning.:cloud9:

Can't wait to hear what you did next.popcorn::

Great updates :thumbsup2

I agree that the Soarin' dash is a really horrid one having to file through the building and down. They should have machines outside like AK did/does.

Great updates!

I love the pics of your boys in the showroom cars.

I'm glad to hear the green side of mission space is doable as this is the one ride I was planning on skipping on, but maybe we'll have to give the green side a go then.

Looking forward to more:goodvibes

Orange side of MS makes me nauseous just thinking about it...did it once and that was plenty for me...since then it's been green side all the way so I'm not green when I get off:lmao: When my sis and her family travel with us, Jasmine and my BIL do orange side.....:sick:

I love thrill rides but refuse to set foot on the orange side. I do love the "tame" side of MS, though!
Also love John's tie dye shirt! Very cool!
Haha-- can't wait to hear about WWoHP! We're doing an offsite trip-- as of now we're only going to DHS at WDW, but who knows what can happen in two months :rolleyes1

Great updates, I didn't realize I was so far behind. Loved John and Donald, how sweet.

American Adventure is great on those hot days.

Too cool, being at WDW with no parents.:yay:

My girls love the orange side on Mission: SPACE, my son not so much. Great PP picture on Test Track--the expressions on the faces are priceless!
I don't know if I'll ever try the orange side. I just don't want to ruin a few hours feeling queasy! I love the Test Track PP too. I wish they would let us put the picture on the card at all the rides.

Well, it happened again. We were at that rope drop. You and my DH headed to Soarin' for FP. The girls and I went to MS. We then met at TT. I would say we were right behind or in front of you. Too cool. It was a nice morning.:cloud9:

Can't wait to hear what you did next.popcorn::
I can't believe we were once again at the same place at the same time. How many days has this been? I'm thinking at least 3! Chances are very good that we actually saw each other we just didn't know it!

Great updates :thumbsup2

I agree that the Soarin' dash is a really horrid one having to file through the building and down. They should have machines outside like AK did/does.
Why doesn't Disney hire us? We could fix all their problems:laughing:

Great updates!

I love the pics of your boys in the showroom cars.

I'm glad to hear the green side of mission space is doable as this is the one ride I was planning on skipping on, but maybe we'll have to give the green side a go then.

Looking forward to more:goodvibes
My kids always have to climb into those showroom cars. Always makes me think about what I have coming in a few years:scared1: The green side of mission space is completely doable. Very tame.

Orange side of MS makes me nauseous just thinking about it...did it once and that was plenty for me...since then it's been green side all the way so I'm not green when I get off:lmao: When my sis and her family travel with us, Jasmine and my BIL do orange side.....:sick:
I'm pretty sure I'm never going to try the orange side. Just don't think my stomach could handle it. DH always does the orange side, but he's never gotten motion sickness in his life. (He thought dangling from a helicopter by a rope as he flew over a 14,000 foot mountains was one of the coolest things he's ever done. I doubt I could have kept my eyes open.)

I love thrill rides but refuse to set foot on the orange side. I do love the "tame" side of MS, though!
Also love John's tie dye shirt! Very cool!
Haha-- can't wait to hear about WWoHP! We're doing an offsite trip-- as of now we're only going to DHS at WDW, but who knows what can happen in two months :rolleyes1
My boys love their tie dye! You will love WWoHP! It is such a great area. Like I said, I'm pretty sure I'll get to it within 2 months:laughing:

Great updates, I didn't realize I was so far behind. Loved John and Donald, how sweet.

American Adventure is great on those hot days.

Too cool, being at WDW with no parents.:yay:
I'm trying to move the trip report along! I want to be done with it by the time I head back in October. Then I'll be able to start a new one;)

It was close to 11:00 and I’d made arrangements with Liz the day before to meet up at Sunshine Seasons for lunch. On the way over the boys starting pestering me again about Japan and Pokemon.:headache: Michael had decided that he definitely wanted to use some of his money for Pokemon cards and he wanted to do it today. So we headed into Sunshine Seasons which was already getting a bit crowded. We found a table big enough for all of us and called Liz. She didn’t answer. The boys really started to complain about getting to Japan and I heard Tangierene Café just calling my name. That is my favorite counter service in Epcot. So I made a quick decision. It was a bit after 11:00 and there was no sign of the Disney Family. We’d eaten at Sunshine Seasons already this week. So I hoped Liz wouldn’t mind too much that we were standing her up. I called, but no answer again so I left a message telling her we were heading over to the World Showcase and hopefully we could meet up after lunch. Liz, being such a great friend, never gave me a second of grief for standing her up. So we left behind the chaos that is Sunshine Seasons at lunch time and headed over to the World Showcase. The boys were just happy to be heading towards Pokemon.:rolleyes: It was just a bit after 11:00 so the World Showcase had just opened and there were very few people around. It was lovely. We reached Morocco and there was only one other couple in the restaurant. We quickly ordered and our food was ready in a jiffy. Here is my platter.

DSC02057.jpg

Yummy! This is such an awesome deal on the dining plan. I actually like the food here better than some of the Table Service places I’ve eaten at Disney World. We found a table outside in the shade with no one else around and had a relaxing lunch. Here was my view

DSC02058.jpg

Though it’s always fun to eat with the Disney Family I think I made the right call this time. This meal felt like actual down time. We called DH and had a nice chat. (Something we couldn’t do in very many places in the parks.) After lunch I was finally able to actually talk to Liz and we decided to meet up in Mexico to ride the World Showcase ride. I told her we had to make a stop in Japan and then we’d head right over. So after going to Japan yet again for Pokemon we headed over towards Mexico. We were waylaid as we walked by America though. We looked down an alleyway and spotted a character bonanza, including a couple we’d never met before.:yay: Here they all are. First up Gideon? from Pinocchio

DSC02059.jpg

Then John especially was happy to see his old pal once again.

DSC02060.jpg

DSC02061.jpg

Then Michael’s favorite buddy.

DSC02062.jpg

DSC02063.jpg

Then came this stinker from Lion King.

DSC02064.jpg

One of the Country Bears (and we’d even been to the show this trip so the boys knew who he was). Michael wouldn't go near him. He is rather funny looking:laughing:

DSC02065.jpg

This lovely Lady

DSC02066.jpg

And her Gentleman

DSC02068.jpg

Last, but not least was Suzy. However the boys didn’t want to meet her. Probably something to do with the girl thing plus being in a princess movie. So John kindly took my picture with her.

DSC02069.jpg

Pretty awesome unplanned encounter I would say. So do we ever make it to Mexico and those Lost Boys?

Great update!

That's awesome that you got to meet so many characters, and lunch looks like a good decision since it looks super good:goodvibes

Wow, you met a rare character! I didn't even know that guy from Pinocchio even still made appearances!

Finally caught up!

Definitely the right call on lunch...your meal looked great!:thumbsup2 And all of those rare character meetings were priceless!:goodvibes

Sounds like you and your boys are having an awesome parent-less trip!:laughing:

Awesome you got to meet so many characters!
It was a great suprise:goodvibes

Great update!

That's awesome that you got to meet so many characters, and lunch looks like a good decision since it looks super good:goodvibes
I love Tangierine Cafe! It is always super good!

Wow, you met a rare character! I didn't even know that guy from Pinocchio even still made appearances!
We'd never seen him before either. In fact I'm not sure John knew who he was, but he was still willing to meet him. Michael knew who he was because he'd watched Pinocchio recently, but he didn't want to meet him because he was a little funny looking.

I was waaaay behind. I enjoyed all your updates! You met a ton of characters!
Glad you're caught up! No one can say they didn't meet enough characters this trip:laughing:

Finally caught up!

Definitely the right call on lunch...your meal looked great!:thumbsup2 And all of those rare character meetings were priceless!:goodvibes

Sounds like you and your boys are having an awesome parent-less trip!:laughing:
We did have an awesome trip! Just loved being able to go wherever the wind blew us! Priceless!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter