The Darling Family June 2010 Trip Report: When are the Parents Showing Up?11/5 New TR

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by dismagiclover, Jun 30, 2010.

1. dismagiclover

dismagiclover Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

The Old Key West boat dock is at Pleasure Island, but there isn’t much there for the kids. So we headed over to Marketplace and our first stop was here.

[​IMG]

That’s right the Lego Store. John is a big Lego fan and enjoyed looking around here. It was a bit stressful for me because it was too crowded to keep my eye on both boys at the same time and they kept separating.:headache: No one got permanently lost, however. Michael insisted on building a car for the racetrack they run outside the entrance. Amazingly I didn’t take a picture of it. It was overcrowded and quite chaotic. Anyway after leaving the Lego Store we headed over to the World of Disney. You’d think I would have a harder time keeping track of the boys here than the Lego Store because of its size, but I actually did a better job:confused3. Of course we didn’t leave empty handed.:laughing: There was something for each of us.

For me:

[​IMG]

I love me some photos. For John:

[​IMG]

This was the Stitch he’d seen earlier in the day at Mission Space.

For Michael:

[​IMG]

He loves his Plutos.

After leaving the World of Disney we headed to our favorite place in Downtown Disney. Goofy’s Candy Company.:banana: Who doesn’t love a store with merchandise like this?

[​IMG]

It’s sad they no longer include the Make Your Owns Treats on the Disney Dining Plan, but some things are worth paying OOP for. Here is the CM dipping Michael’s choice.

[​IMG]

Here are the final products (displayed back at our room later that evening.)

[​IMG]

Our tummys were rumbling a bit so we decided to use some CS credits for dinner. I had a place in mind I’d never been before. We headed over to Wolfgang Puck Express and we didn’t regret it. This place is such an awesome deal on the DDP.:cool1: We used 3 CS credits, but the OOP cost would have been $50. (And that is with 2 kids’ meals.) Plus we had a server taking care of us. Here are the boys showing off their recent purchases.

[​IMG]

The value on the DDP and the service would have been enough to impress me, but the food was incredible too. Here is the veggie pizza I had.

[​IMG]

My mouth waters just looking at that! This is a great place which I can highly recommend.:thumbsup2 After our wonderful dinner we headed into the Christmas store so I could get an ornament from this year for our Disney tree. (Yes we have a Christmas tree decorated entirely with Disney stuff.:goodvibes) I found the perfect ornament to commemorate the trip.

[​IMG]

This will help me remember all of the fun us Pirate kids had at Disney on our own.;) We were all shopped out so we decided to head back to the resort. On the way out the boys wanted a picture with these guys.

[​IMG]

And Michael ran through a fountain and got himself a little wet. Can’t you just see the mischief in his eye in this picture?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In hindsight I wish we would have walked back to Pleasure Island and caught the boat. But we were right by the bus stop so we just headed over there. We waited for over 20 minutes until a bus arrived which wasn’t a big deal except we spent it smelling bus fumes.:sick: We could have spent it floating down the river. Oh well. Eventually a bus showed up and we made it back to Old Key West. We went for a quick swim and then hunkered down for the night. Wendy was coming back the next day and we were excited to hear her report.:goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wdwgirl03

wdwgirl03 <font color=red>I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)<b

Yay for DTD! In April we took the boat ride from DTD to OKW. It is a peaceful ride. Great souvenirs. I really like that ornament...it does seem like a perfect choice for your trip. :thumbsup2

All of your treats look so good! We'll have to do that sometime.

Can't wait to hear about Wendy's adventure. popcorn::

4. jmskinner

jmskinner DIS Veteran

What a little Disney magic you had catching all those characters in Epcot.:cool1:

I really must stay at OKW sometime. I love the boat ride from POR so I am sure to love that one too.

I hate the Lego store late in the day. Early in the morning is fantastic, but otherwise it is just too crazy.

We haven't done the make your own treats, need to do that, along with Wolfgang Express.

And :love: your Mickey ornament. Hmmm, may have to go buy that one. Thinking about a Disney tree this year, will have to sneak it past the hubby though. We have a lot of Hallmark Disney ornaments that never get used. I already do 3 trees, whats one more?;)

5. klacey1

klacey1 DIS Veteran

WPE is my absolute favorite CS in WDW!! Even their chicken tenders and fries are amazing!! The portions are HUGE, too. Two adults could easily split a pizza. The fact that the pasta entrees come with a side salad is really great, too. We're going to Las Vegas next week (first time, so excited) and I found out that there's a WPE at the Las Vegas airport!! SO EXCITED!
    Aww, I can see the mischief in Michael's eyes as he wandered near the fountain! How darling (no pun intended!)

6. dismagiclover

You definitely need to get some Make Your Own Treats sometime. So Yummy! Someday, hopefully soon, I'll make it to Wendy's adventure.

I highly recommend OKW. Such a relaxing place. I can't believe you've never done Make Your Own Treats! You need to remedy that! You have 3 Christmas trees:worship: You must have a beautifully decorated home!
    WPE is now my favorite CS place in WDW too. There was one in the Salt Lake airport when we were there last month and it wasn't near as tasty as the DTD one. Hopefully Vegas airport one is good for you.

7. Happy Elf

Happy Elf DIS Veteran

Fun souvies! Your pizza looks amazing! We have a mostly Disney tree too! DH Star Wars ornaments have to go on it too!

8. Queenofallthings

Queenofallthings DIS Veteran

Great update:cool1:

We, too, love WPE, such a great deal....oh, and the food yummy!!!!

I put that Christmas ornament you bought on my list of sourvenirs I want....love it!!!!!

We also pay OOP for those delectable little treats at Goofy's .... mmmm, I can just taste them now:rolleyes1

9. creativeamanda

creativeamanda <font color=darkorchid>One slithering around on me

I so want your ornament! Great update--I really want to try Wolfgang Puck Express but usually go to EOS instead.

10. Charlefours

Charlefours DIS Veteran

WPE looks yummy!! How were the kids options? Sometimes DD pulls I'm not eating that. :rolleyes: The ornament is perfect!! :goodvibes

Looking forward to reading how Wendy liked the cruise!!

11. norybell

norybell DIS Veteran

Just popping in to say I read your entire report today, and love it! Your kids are so adorable...makes me excited to bring kids of my own to WDW one day! (Also, I love Wendy's "I [mickey] NY" shirt in the beginning -- I want one!)

Can't wait for the next installment!

12. cdotla

cdotla Trish

Great call on skipping AK for DTD and something more relaxing!

Your veggie pizza from WP is literally making my mouth water!!!!:laughing:

13. dismagiclover

The pizza was fabulous! Christmas trees are so fun because it's a time no one thinks its too crazy when you display your obsessions:laughing:

Another thing for your Disney shopping list:woohoo: Those Goofy treats are definitely worth paying OOP for!

That ornament seems to be well loved! You should try WPE especially if you are ever on the DDP. So tasty! Though we like EOS too.

Michael can't remember what he had. John had Mac 'n Cheese and since it wasn't the Kraft processed kind he didn't like it:rolleyes1 If I remember right it was real baked Mac 'n Cheese and I thought it looked great. You know how kids can be though.

:welcome: Thank you. I think my kids are adorable as well. Wendy bought that shirt in DHS during our 2009 trip. It was for sale in a store in Streets of America.

I'm glad we did DTD instead of AK. We made it to AK the next day and it was still too much time there for Michael. You'll hear about that soon.

14. dismagiclover

The wake up call came bright and early again. Today was the day a grown up was coming back. Wendy’s cruise was over and they were planning on being back to Old Key West around 10:00. We were excited to see her and hear all about her adventure, but first we had early morning plans. Another before the park opens character breakfast was on the schedule. Where were we headed this morning?

[​IMG]

We headed into the park and meandered our way towards Africa stopping for a picture on the way.

[​IMG]

We made it to Africa and checked in. They sent us right over to take a picture with our host.

[​IMG]

It turned out a bit blurry, but I didn’t have to pay an extra $30 for it.;)

We headed into an almost empty restaurant. Our server brought over that delicious Jungle Juice. I love that stuff! I also mentioned how we wanted to get out early so I’d appreciate taking care of the bill right away. She was happy to do it. We headed up to the buffet and filled our plate. Once again this was a yummy breakfast.:thumbsup2 The boys liked it because it had Krispy Kreme donuts.:rolleyes: I appreciated that the characters hadn’t started coming around our area yet so I didn’t have to worry about missing anyone while we were getting our food. We made it back to our table in plenty of time. Eventually the characters starting coming into the room. First up was Mickey. I just love the characters in their Safari outfits:cutie:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then came Daisy. Michael refused to greet her because of the whole girl thing.:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Then Goofy made it over.

[​IMG]

After we’d met all the characters Mickey led the kids on a quick parade.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Things were looking great.:banana: It was 8:45. Our tummies were filled, we met all the characters and the parade was over. What is up next?

15. Queenofallthings

Queenofallthings DIS Veteran

Great update, I love how the characters look in their safari outfits! I tried to get TH for this trip, but had no luck...maybe next year:goodvibes

Can't wait to hear about Wendy's adventure!!!:thumbsup2

16. creativeamanda

creativeamanda <font color=darkorchid>One slithering around on me

What a fantastic morning! I have never done TH for breakfast--perhaps it should be on our radar this June. . .

17. jmskinner

jmskinner DIS Veteran

Breakfast looked wonderful. Krispy Kremes :lmao:! Could you imagine if those were sold at Disney. At least my DH would be willing to go more.

18. Charlefours

Charlefours DIS Veteran

I'm looking forward to our TH breakfast!! :goodvibes

19. CommandoDawg

CommandoDawg Earning My Ears

Enjoying your TR. Looking forward to your next updates. Which breakfast has been your favorite?

20. DrMomof3

DrMomof3 DIS Veteran

I think I'm all caught up!
    We had a few days that were just brutally hot and the kids wanted to go back to the hotel and chill out. Love the boat ride to Downtown Disney. We did that last year from Saratoga Springs!

Amanda

21. Stefy

Stefy Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Great updates :thumbsup2 Looks like you had a great afternoon/evening in DTD. Loving the Make Your Own Treats at Goofy's :teeth:

Tusker breakfast looked like lots of fun :)