~The Daily Grind~ 10/5/09

so how do you patch a punch hole in the wall from oh say a sofa leg going through it? Its a nice hole, at least the edges are clean!

Jennifer - yeah, he's staying overnight. Just talked to him, I guess he's still drowsy, but enjoying the delicous hospital food. :rotfl:

I guess he's still drowsy, but enjoying the delicous hospital food. :rotfl:

Yeah, that bugger got to enjoy truly yummy grilled salmon with lemon sauce, roasted cauliflower, chicken noodle soup, etc. while I got a crummy ham and cheese sandwich! (Along with what I thought was supposed to be lemonade and what turned out to be iced coffee...don't know what is wrong with me that I couldn't tell the difference...the beverages were in large, clear self-service dispensers.) Once DH is safely back home, I've GOT to get to the doctors to see why I'm so muddle-headed - :confused3 - I didn't think whiplash could make you stupid!

As Z2H said, things seemed to go well - for this round - and we'll see what the cardiac docs will have to tinker with next! Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts, prayers, wishes, and virtual hugs - believe me, they truly helped! Joyah, we all hope everything turns out ok for your uncle - scary stuff!

PBF and ZtH i will continue to keep husband/dad in my thoughts. :hug:
thanks for the update. please remember to try to take care of yourself as well. it's very important.
:hug:
all my best.

BabyB - what AWM said!;)

Ok so went to Target - bought ink cartridge for printer to come home and print all the things I needed to print....YEP. Wrong stinking cartridge.

UGH!! STOOPID STOOPID STOOPID

Attempted to print in color seeing as how my HP has a black ink and a colored ink. Red printed pink and green printed blue - so I am guessing I am almost out of color also.:rotfl:At least I have that in the desk!!

Can't print the cake flyer. need that for meeting tomorrow night. Good thing I have a hair appointment for tomorrow - back to Target. Only buying ink. Only buying ink. Only buying ink.:rolleyes1

Lisa- hope you can make it through the day well

Didn't bite anyone's head off but does it count that I kicked the shredder at work when it jammed? :confused3 :lmao: I made it thru the day but eyeing my bed fondly.

Surgery is over, everything went well! They were able to induce the weird beat, so they could figure out the area that was causing it and ablate that area.

Glad to hear that PinballDad's surgery went well. :thumbsup2 Now time for Mom to see the dr again. I don't like the sounds of her dizzyness. She should not be a dizzy broad. ;) Seriously, call the dr.

Is 6:50 too early to go to bed after pulling an all nighter? :confused3 :lmao::lmao:

Heck no! Go now! Before someone starts calling your name.

I'm going to take one deeeeeep breath...DH wasn't home when PrincessM got off the bus. He had a meeting this afternoon and ending up "forgetting" to leave at 2:30. Luckily, we had just gone over with her what to do if someone wasn't home (but don't worry Princess, that'll never happen), and she went to the neighbors. I could spit nails...

And, she almost got flattened this morning by a woman in an SUV that went FLYING down the street and didn't stop when the bus driver put the stop sign up...I gave him the license number, I wonder what happens? :confused3

6pm and still srounded by clothing in my living room, cant find my bed and Now i broke my toe. Time to check the mail, It can only go up from here!

OMG Jennifer! are ya kiddin' me. it's my worst fear. after that last time, right after school started, i'm crazy about it. good thing you had a plan in effect. we really need to review that.
UPDATE on my little man.....
so we went to the dr's this afternoon after school and he did not have swimmer's ear after all.he did have an ear infection, but it went to the bone behind your ear. GREAT! so today he had 2 antibiotics shots in the bum and we have to watch him tonight. and take him back tomorrow for another 2. GREAT. he's such a trooper on so much, but he was crying as she was doing them. :sad: and if it's not any better tomorrow before they give him the next 2 then we have to go have a ct scan! GREAT! why? i give. who did i tick off that is out to get me honestly. i just want to put all this bad karma away. really.
so it's 7:15 and homework-done, shower-done, reading-done, neb treatment-done, ear drops-done.......i am so ready for bed. i'll never make the big bang theory tonight.
night everyone.
tomorrow's another day.

Oh Holly, the poor little guy. I'm so so sorry. It really has been a rough year for you, it's almost over...you can make it!:hug:

And, she almost got flattened this morning by a woman in an SUV that went FLYING down the street and didn't stop when the bus driver put the stop sign up...I gave him the license number, I wonder what happens? :confused3

That has happened to us twice in the past year - drivers passed right by the special education bus/van for our DS when it has been parked in front of our house, with the lights flashing AND THE VAN DOOR OPEN AND MY SON HAS BEEN ACTIVELY BOARDING WITH ME AT THE VAN DOOR (!). Both times, they've almost clipped the door - sheesh!!! The bus driver and I get the license number, we've called it into the local police, and the police have promptly phoned the operator/owner of the vehicle to warn them of their infraction. I don't think they've been fined/cited, since it was "*only* a civilian, not an officer (arrrgghhhh!) who witnessed it."

Good luck - and deep breaths! Sometime, get Z2H to tell you the story about how I didn't pick her up from kindergarten one day (13+ years ago!) when I was firing someone (I was a CEO) and had my office door closed and my phone on "do not disturb" and a freak sudden snowstorm caused the school to close early... geez how some kids can carry a grudge!!! Hopefully, the Princess isn't as scarred... - glad she handled it well.

We live on a really busy street and the bus picks her up on the other side of the road, so she has to cross. I always watch to make sure it's safe, but people just go screaming down the street. It is very frustrating.

Princess doesn't appear to be scarred, but she's a grudge holder, I'm sure she'll still be talking about this in 13 years ;)

I'm going to take one deeeeeep breath...DH wasn't home when PrincessM got off the bus. He had a meeting this afternoon and ending up "forgetting" to leave at 2:30. Luckily, we had just gone over with her what to do if someone wasn't home (but don't worry Princess, that'll never happen), and she went to the neighbors. I could spit nails...

BAMB and I were justifying just this morning about untimely accidents happening to our husbands. ;) Sounds like the MorgansDad should be included. :scared1:

6pm and still srounded by clothing in my living room, cant find my bed and Now i broke my toe. Time to check the mail, It can only go up from here!

Oh, definitely time to stop for a libation of choice. Broken toes hurt like the dickens. :hug:

UPDATE on my little man.....
so we went to the dr's this afternoon after school and he did not have swimmer's ear after all.he did have an ear infection, but it went to the bone behind your ear. GREAT! so today he had 2 antibiotics shots in the bum and we have to watch him tonight. and take him back tomorrow for another 2. GREAT. he's such a trooper on so much, but he was crying as she was doing them. :sad: and if it's not any better tomorrow before they give him the next 2 then we have to go have a ct scan! GREAT! why? i give. who did i tick off that is out to get me honestly. i just want to put all this bad karma away. really.
so it's 7:15 and homework-done, shower-done, reading-done, neb treatment-done, ear drops-done.......i am so ready for bed. i'll never make the big bang theory tonight.
night everyone.
tomorrow's another day.

Poor, poor Bubba, his tush must hurt. Sending him PD :wizard: to feel better soon.

That has happened to us twice in the past year - drivers passed right by the special education bus/van for our DS when it has been parked in front of our house, with the lights flashing AND THE VAN DOOR OPEN AND MY SON HAS BEEN ACTIVELY BOARDING WITH ME AT THE VAN DOOR (!). Both times, they've almost clipped the door - sheesh!!! The bus driver and I get the license number, we've called it into the local police, and the police have promptly phoned the operator/owner of the vehicle to warn them of their infraction. I don't think they've been fined/cited, since it was "*only* a civilian, not an officer (arrrgghhhh!) who witnessed it."

Good luck - and deep breaths! Sometime, get Z2H to tell you the story about how I didn't pick her up from kindergarten one day (13+ years ago!) when I was firing someone (I was a CEO) and had my office door closed and my phone on "do not disturb" and a freak sudden snowstorm caused the school to close early... geez how some kids can carry a grudge!!! Hopefully, the Princess isn't as scarred... - glad she handled it well.

We've had our neighbors put DD's special ed van off the driveway, and they don't own the driveway, we do. They only have access use of. :headache:

Jennifer, keep an eye out for that SUV, if she speeds habitually down your road in the morning, call the police with her plate number and ask them sit in your driveway to clock her with radar.

Ya know, ZtH, I thought there was a traumatized thing about you. ;):lmao: If it makes you feel any better, my mother left me as a newborn in our house to bring my brothers to school when she was on maternity leave. She forgot to bring the baby!!!!! :eek:

Waiting on mother to return the phone call FB'd cousin who went in to med center with her this pm for and update and NO ONE is getting back to me!!!! If I could I'd take my broom, don't they know I'm tired and cranky.

Let's see if i can get this all from memory if I forget anyone I'm sorry
Barb I hate broken toes, definately requires a drink
Holly poor Bubba give hom a hug from this auntie and then go beat the dr who told you it was swimmers ear.
PBF & ZTH glad he's doing well and eating that's always a good sign in my opinion.
Jennifer DH straight to the doghouse without a bone! I have a screaming hissy when DH misses the boys.
Lisa hope your in dreamland

and I just can't remember anymore. off to call mother again :mad:

She didn't mention that it turned out to be a police officer who kept driving by the bus too!

And yeah... all I remember was they kept giving me yogurt covered raisins. To this day, I still hate raisins. :lmao:

She was late in coming to pick me up as it was - didn't help we closed early. AND SHE WORKED DOWN THE STREET! It would have been faster to have walked me over than to have stayed there.

Ya know, ZtH, I thought there was a traumatized thing about you. ;):lmao: If it makes you feel any better, my mother left me as a newborn in our house to bring my brothers to school when she was on maternity leave. She forgot to bring the baby!!!!! :eek:

Is it the wide eyes? :eek:

;) And eep! At least you don't remember that..... you just have the stories to tell :lmao:

Well, a nice shot of vodka latter the clothes are away. My bedroom, woops room and living room look great. Im looking at getting off my lazy ummm yea and cleaning the crap outa the hall and the closet so I can put the broom, vacume and a few other things back. Tommrow I tackle the kitchen

Christy, OMG, take to your broom, I almost spit coffee at the screen! :lmao:

Hope your family finally got back to you!

Z2H, vacant eyes, bawahahahahahaha...

My street is a speedway. The speed limit is 30. I know people are doing *at least* 40 most of the time. I guarantee you, if the police sat across the street every night, they'd more than meet their quota for speeders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter