The Daily Fix ~ Coming to you weekdays at noon Eastern!

I don't like to be a Complainy Complainerson, especially when I'm being provided with free content, but I have to agree with others that I dislike the insertion of the video clips in The Daily Fix. I feel that they distract from the content being presented, and also take away from the feel of a nice clean presentation that is not over-produced. I much prefer to have Pete and JeniLynn just inject their own personalities and humor into what they are presenting, as they had been doing, rather than cutting to a video clip.

However, please don't see this as a complaint, @Teleclashter, as I do truly enjoy all the work that you and the team have been doing since the year began. This is just my personal opinion and suggestion that you drop the video clips and go back to the original presentation format.

I must confess that I haven't been watching them. I said back at the start, after watching a few episodes, that I'd very happily listen if an RSS automatic download audio feed was provided so I can listen in the car, or with my other podcast feeds at night, but the quick news-bite format really doesn't seem to lend itself so readily to a vlog format.

I did try again with yesterday's show to see what people were talking about again, but the inserted jokey clips didn't add anything to the content and I'm not especially interested in editorial references to DIS threads, so I'm afraid I'll go back to waiting for an audio feed. Unless of course that in-page video format and convenient linking to multiple DIS threads is rather more about generating page views and ad revenue, which would mean the site doesn't have any real incentive to provide quick and easy audio versions.

Andre

Last edited:
Are they still doing "This day in Disney history". I like that a lot. Personally, I'd rather have that than the review of threads on the boards. Maybe those features could alternate - the history thing when there is something to mention, the threads when there isn't a significant date to note.

I must confess that I haven't been watching them. I said back at the start, after watching a few episodes, that I'd very happily listen if an RSS automatic download audio feed was provided so I can listen in the car, or with my other podcast feeds at night, but the quick news-bite format really doesn't seem to lend itself so readily to a vlog format.

I did try again with yesterday's show to see what people were talking about again, but the inserted jokey clips didn't add anything to the content and I'm not especially interested in editorial references to DIS threads, so I'm afraid I'll go back to waiting for an audio feed. Unless of course that in-page video format and convenient linking to multiple DIS threads is rather more about generating page views and ad revenue, which would mean the site doesn't have any real incentive to provide quick and easy audio versions.

Andre
I do understand where you're coming from, but we won't be providing an audio feed, because this isn't a podcast or a vlog - it is our take on the daily news, but considerably shortened. A lot of this content loses relevance after a few days and with the amount of time it takes to update an RSS feed, plus iTunes processing it and adding it to their store, it just wouldn't make sense. DIS Daily Fix is just our way of breaking down what WE believe to be relevant and things we find interesting on our site or the boards and if you watch it on our site and you want to check out the things we discussed, we are giving you an easy page with all the necessary links. Some people enjoy podcasts, others don't. Some people enjoy the news, others don't. It's all just a matter of opinion.

My boys haven't watched the show in awhile because they talk too much. I had the Daily Fix on today. My son looked at Pete and asked, "Did the Dis get new people?" I had to laugh and explain he lost a lot of weight. :goodvibes I explained how much healthier he is.

Andre

I pretty much agree with you other podcast used to do the same thing. Rickey Brigantie used to do a daily version of Inside the magic but shelved it after a month because it was too much work and wasn't downloaded as often as his main show. I'm just not seeing what having a daily show for the dis really adds, most of the news they talk about isn't really news. For example how many disers really care that someone got arrested for selling fraudulent disney tickles

I pretty much agree with you other podcast used to do the same thing. Rickey Brigantie used to do a daily version of Inside the magic but shelved it after a month because it was too much work and wasn't downloaded as often as his main show. I'm just not seeing what having a daily show for the dis really adds, most of the news they talk about isn't really news. For example how many disers really care that someone got arrested for selling fraudulent disney tickles
I do.
I'm interested in the parks and the Disney company itself, so things like that are of interest to me.

I listen when I'm putting my makeup on in the morning. It's video but that doesn't mean you have to watch. Just play the video and continue doing what you're doing. You can even do that in the car, the same as a podcast (sometimes I watch in the car while its warming up in the morning)

Yes, I too think of Disney as so much more than "going to the park, and on thrill rides". I am into the whole synergy of what the company itself is, and does. Especially as a stockholder. And if a whole lot of people were making and selling more fraudulent tickets, would affect the company (and my) bottom line. Besides - I like to hear about at least a few lowlifes getting caught in life. It may not appeal to all, but it does to some - like me. If it don't, don't listen.

Just like Frozen and Star Wars not appealing to me, so I stay away from everything to do with them as much as I can, while still realizing they do still have appeal for many. It's much harder for me to keep them off my radar though, as they have infiltrated everyday life. Would be much easier not to listen to a certain podcast if it doesn't appeal to you.

And yes - I also realize I'm always a big proponent of saying this is the place to calmly and rationally agree to disagree, and I still say that. But you DID ask what other Dis'ers care about the news of someone getting arrested for selling fraudulent tickets, and I do. As I care about all the other tidbits that are presented on the Daily Fix. I care about some more than others, but I'm' glad they are presented to me to care or not.

Last edited:
I'm just not seeing what having a daily show for the dis really adds, most of the news they talk about isn't really news. For example how many disers really care that someone got arrested for selling fraudulent disney tickles
I think the point of the daily show is exactly what the name implies - DAILY FIX. Those of us who are hard-core Disney fans suck up all the info and news we can get. Having that daily fix is great rather than having to wait a week for the regular Tuesday show. A lot of what is on the Fix ends up on the weekly show in more detail, but at least we get the "headlines" in a more timely way.

And yes, I am interested in hearing about things like fake ticket scams (unless you did mean to say "tickles" in which case I'd like to hear about that too).

Are they still doing "This day in Disney history". I like that a lot.
We still do the "This day in Disney history" but it's listed on the site [in the right sidebar] now rather than mentioned in the video. if you go to wdwinfo.com/dailyfix, you'll see it there and it changes daily along with the other great info in that sidebar. :goodvibes

We still do the "This day in Disney history" but it's listed on the site [in the right sidebar] now rather than mentioned in the video. if you go to wdwinfo.com/dailyfix, you'll see it there and it changes daily along with the other great info in that sidebar. :goodvibes
Cool. I didn't realize that, Jackie, because I watch the show from the Facebook posts, so I don't see that info. Thanks. And I see now that it is updated daily including on the weekends.

Cool. I didn't realize that, Jackie, because I watch the show from the Facebook posts, so I don't see that info. Thanks. And I see now that it is updated daily including on the weekends.
Yeah and I watch from a mobile device so don't see it either.
Might have to add checking the daily fix page to my morning routine when I get to work

I do understand where you're coming from, but we won't be providing an audio feed, because this isn't a podcast or a vlog - it is our take on the daily news, but considerably shortened. A lot of this content loses relevance after a few days and with the amount of time it takes to update an RSS feed, plus iTunes processing it and adding it to their store, it just wouldn't make sense. DIS Daily Fix is just our way of breaking down what WE believe to be relevant and things we find interesting on our site or the boards and if you watch it on our site and you want to check out the things we discussed, we are giving you an easy page with all the necessary links. Some people enjoy podcasts, others don't. Some people enjoy the news, others don't. It's all just a matter of opinion.

Agreed about the matter of opinion. And for what it is worth, I really enjoy the Daily Fix as a new addition to my Dis Unplugged channel. I honestly enjoy the WDW show so much that I have actually started watching/listening to all of the older episodes in order. It is nice to now have more options. I have also added on the Dreams Unlimited show as well. My wife and I are hoping to do more traveling abroad when we are older and it is good to hear some of the great things that the Dis folks do on their ABD trips.

I have felt that since the new year, there is a renewed energy on the Dis Unplugged episodes. The selection of shows has improved in both topics and structure, offering quick hitting daily news reports thanks to JL, as well as the other longer shows targeting the parks and now the Dreams Unlimited travel show as well. It is perfect for me. I remember when Dustin left the show I was wondering if it would impact the production value as he had such a strong influence in a positive way. I am glad to see that not only has the quality of the shows remained, but there is now so much more being offered. Please keep up the great work that each of you are doing.

I love any content that comes out from the dis to be honest with you.

The only thing I would suggest is that maybe instead of using the static background that the team uses "John's Seat" and have images of what is being discussed almost like the news segments of The Disney World show does.

Otherwise it's a nice little treat to get these daily.

I love any content that comes out from the dis to be honest with you.

The only thing I would suggest is that maybe instead of using the static background that the team uses "John's Seat" and have images of what is being discussed almost like the news segments of The Disney World show does.

Otherwise it's a nice little treat to get these daily.

Maybe it is just something that is evolving but knowing they are using a green screen for that there exists the possibility for much more fun ;)

I'm just not seeing what having a daily show for the dis really adds, most of the news they talk about isn't really news. For example how many disers really care that someone got arrested for selling fraudulent disney tickles

Sometimes you can't please everyone and that is perfectly fine.

Some people might watch The Daily Fix. Others may not. Both are okay in my book.

For me, The Daily Fix is just what I have been looking for for awhile now. I love that we have this added bonus to keep us current on things happening in the theme parks world and adore the show. It's been fun to listen to as my mid-day decompression break. Kudos to @Teleclashter, @WebmasterPete, and @imjenilynn for all of their hard work.

The only slightly negative criticism that I will say is I am also not a fan of the inserted clips. Once and awhile I think it's funny and okay, but not several per episode. They distract from what is being discussed and almost seem forced. Will that stop me from watching? Absolutely not. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter