• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Daily Fix ~ Coming to you weekdays at noon Eastern!

yeah, i don't see the need for this to be in audio form either.
If you can't carve out the time for the 4 to 6 minutes in the day, wait until the end of the week and binge the news :D

I really like the new daily information. Great idea and thank you for providing the Disney news.

I'm usually audio only with the podcasts, but I don't agree with those saying this needs to have an audio only version. To me that is a heck of a lot of extra work and you guys already give us so much. I don't watch it live, but love loading up the webpage to get the little Disney fix every day. As someone who lives on the other side of the world and only gets to Disney every few years this is a little bit of extra Disney Magic in my daily life.

Love the Daily Fix. JeniLynn is an awesome host for this. If JeniLynn needs relief from doing this Monday - Friday how about Ryno or Stephen

I second the suggestion of Ryno doing some of these (Purely because I'ma fan boy), still loving the Daily Fix. I like how it's kinda simplistic... plus, I can imagine how much work graphics etc would add on a day to day basis.

I second the suggestion of Ryno doing some of these (Purely because I'ma fan boy), still loving the Daily Fix. I like how it's kinda simplistic... plus, I can imagine how much work graphics etc would add on a day to day basis.

Maybe Ryno could have a periodic segment where he bakes something in his easy bake oven or provides a Power Ranger update or something. Maybe call it "the Ryno Cage"

I watched today's and didn't really get why it's a thing. I saw pette red of some random news story and preach to the choir about buying discount tickets from "roadside" vendors and then he listed off some of the things poel were talking about on the disboards.

I'm curious...

When The Daily Fix mentions a news story at another site, such as today's articles from wdwmagic.com, why are those stories not linked in the notes? I could understand if they're not wanting to generate traffic for a competing site, but they're already referencing the site, and their article, in the video itself? So what's the harm in actually providing the link to the story so we can read it?

I'm curious...

When The Daily Fix mentions a news story at another site, such as today's articles from wdwmagic.com, why are those stories not linked in the notes? I could understand if they're not wanting to generate traffic for a competing site, but they're already referencing the site, and their article, in the video itself? So what's the harm in actually providing the link to the story so we can read it?
I agree. If you're going to tell us about it, you might as well give us the link.

What I find interesting is that Pete said "it could be" the World of Coca-Cola but if you actually read the article, it makes no mention of it being a rumor. They present it as fact.

I'm really enjoying the Daily Fix. I think JL and Pete are doing a great job with it. What I don't like is the little video clips being inserted that have nothing to do with what's being discussed. I get that it's supposed to be funny but to me, it makes a slick, professional-looking video into something that looks like Wayne's World (for those old enough to remember that). Let the material stand on it's own. If there's a joke to be made, do it as part of your script. Leave out the clips, though. Personally, I find that they detract from the overall quality of the product. I'd much rather see JL or Pete talking the whole time.

:thumbsup2 This is fantastic! I am very proud and grateful for The DIS Podcast team for doing such an incredible job with all of the shows and maintaining this thriving online community! As a Hospitality Industry professional, Former WDWCM, and loyal WDW fan it is exciting and enlightening to be able to share this love and passion that we all have for Disney and travel in general. I would like to support The DIS in any way that I can, I am considering becoming an online contributor to your website and hope that more opportunities will arise in the near future to perhaps become a correspondent, attend meets, meeting the podcast team, etc.

I'm really enjoying the Daily Fix. I think JL and Pete are doing a great job with it. What I don't like is the little video clips being inserted that have nothing to do with what's being discussed. I get that it's supposed to be funny but to me, it makes a slick, professional-looking video into something that looks like Wayne's World (for those old enough to remember that). Let the material stand on it's own. If there's a joke to be made, do it as part of your script. Leave out the clips, though. Personally, I find that they detract from the overall quality of the product. I'd much rather see JL or Pete talking the whole time.

So you don't find it party time ... nor excellent?

I like the clips or other effects when they fit in and add. For example, I loved when they inserted the Chewbacca scream/moan as if JL was making the noise. I did think today's had maybe too many of them, but appreciate the effort - just is something that could be overdone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter