• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

THE CRAZY DISNEY EXTRAVAGANZA 7-16 August 2011

Well to be fair it was my first flight ever so the feeling's netural here. And the fact that I'm on a travel and tourism course at my college does kinda help with that experience anyway.

Grrrr! Why must the women love It's a small world?! There will be nothing happy about it once I go on it! It'll be the death of me!

Okay you got me on that one I'll confess. See, the only reason my dad came to WDW was because he was only doing it for me and my sister. He was practically miserable while I was there with him. He just didn't want to be there most the time! I mean yeah he smiled on a few occasions with things like Pirates of the Carribbean, Fantasmic and Star Tours but those moments when he did smile was rare and far Inbetween. I just felt uncomfortable with him around. Ok Disney world I get it he doesn't want to there. But don't you think you would want to keep your opinions to yourself?! I mean he didn't try to mask his true feelings about it and just flat out stated that he didn't like it. He never planned anything out thoroughly and that's why I ended up losing my family twice in a row.
I enjoyed WDW but I just wish that I didn't have to put up with any negative thoughts on it for most of the trip anyway.

That sucks that your dad had a bad attitude for much of your trip. I can understand, as my dad is like that most of the time. When I was younger he barely ever went anywhere with us, and if he did come he would complain. Even on the plane on the way to Cuba for my wedding all he did was complain. Thankfully, he was much more subdued the rest of the week, or I would have regretted inviting him!

Just read Day 2. As you may have noticed from my TR, I LOVE Spaceship Earth. I know the ride itself isn't much, but I just enjoy how relaxing it is, especially the part with the Earth and all the stars. And I always find the little video at the end hilarious. Even more so if we make funny faces when they take our picture. :rotfl2:

I was apprehensive too before I rode test track for the first time. For some reason I thought it would give me motion sickness? :confused3 Fortunately, it didn't and I enjoyed the ride.

Your apartment was 2 hours away from WDW???? That seems like such a long drive to have to do twice a day, and even 4 times the day you went back to Downtown Disney!

We enjoy the Alien game at Disneyquest as well.

That sucks that your dad had a bad attitude for much of your trip. I can understand, as my dad is like that most of the time. When I was younger he barely ever went anywhere with us, and if he did come he would complain. Even on the plane on the way to Cuba for my wedding all he did was complain. Thankfully, he was much more subdued the rest of the week, or I would have regretted inviting him!

Just read Day 2. As you may have noticed from my TR, I LOVE Spaceship Earth. I know the ride itself isn't much, but I just enjoy how relaxing it is, especially the part with the Earth and all the stars. And I always find the little video at the end hilarious. Even more so if we make funny faces when they take our picture. :rotfl2:

I was apprehensive too before I rode test track for the first time. For some reason I thought it would give me motion sickness? :confused3 Fortunately, it didn't and I enjoyed the ride.

Your apartment was 2 hours away from WDW???? That seems like such a long drive to have to do twice a day, and even 4 times the day you went back to Downtown Disney!

We enjoy the Alien game at Disneyquest as well.

Don't worry Mel, it wasn't that bad of a car journey I was actually staying in an apartment that was near WDW so no worries there.

And I still feel terrible about day 2 because it was by far the worst I had on my WDW trip. Just pouring rain, me running around trying to find my family, getting trapped in the Mexican and Chinese pavilions. Just a horrible, horrible day. And I hated it so much and it was not the best way for my first experience in Epcot either so yeah...

Oh god I'm glad you brought up Downtown Disney because there was one area of it that I never got to see while I was there and it was the Lego imagination centre! I mean I know I'm 19 now but damn it I still love Lego! And I have seen pictures of the Lego models of Woody and Buzz Lightyear along with the one of Prince Phillip and Dragon Maleficent and they are stunning. Absolutely stunning. I could've wished to explore and experience more from Downtown Disney besides Disney Quest but it was still pretty cool I guess.

And you asked me in your TR about Donald being in the temple of the Mexican pavilion well they actually did the same thing with Mulan (Still gutted that I didn't go up to her by the way) and I also heard that Belle and the Beast were inside the French Pavilion by the cinema from what I could gather anyway.

Don't worry Mel, it wasn't that bad of a car journey I was actually staying in an apartment that was near WDW so no worries there.

And I still feel terrible about day 2 because it was by far the worst I had on my WDW trip. Just pouring rain, me running around trying to find my family, getting trapped in the Mexican and Chinese pavilions. Just a horrible, horrible day. And I hated it so much and it was not the best way for my first experience in Epcot either so yeah...

Oh god I'm glad you brought up Downtown Disney because there was one area of it that I never got to see while I was there and it was the Lego imagination centre! I mean I know I'm 19 now but damn it I still love Lego! And I have seen pictures of the Lego models of Woody and Buzz Lightyear along with the one of Prince Phillip and Dragon Maleficent and they are stunning. Absolutely stunning. I could've wished to explore and experience more from Downtown Disney besides Disney Quest but it was still pretty cool I guess.

And you asked me in your TR about Donald being in the temple of the Mexican pavilion well they actually did the same thing with Mulan (Still gutted that I didn't go up to her by the way) and I also heard that Belle and the Beast were inside the French Pavilion by the cinema from what I could gather anyway.

The Lego store is pretty cool, so hope you get a chance to visit it next time you are in Disney World. Speaking of which, what happened to the trip you were planning?

On to day 3. I LOVE Typhoon Lagoon! Even though the slides are short, they are lots of fun. Crush N Gusher is so different than any water slides and is awesome. But nothing beats the mega wave pool! It's my FAVORITE thing by far! I just love love love playing in the gigantic waves. Glad you ahd a great time there.

In Hollywood Studios I tried the Star Tours, but though I had fun it left me feeling way too queasy, so I let my husband do it alone after. Damn motion sickness. I like both the car stunts show and the Indiana Jones show, but not enough to watch them every trip. That was very nice of you to keep your mom company, but man you missed my favorite attraction in all of WDW!!! I just love all the details in the queue, the spookyness in the first time, then the drops over and over again. So cool!

You said on my trip report that you don't think Illuminations is all that great. Well for my husband and I, we find Fantasmic to be just okay. It's a nice show, but it is nowhere near worth the 1-2 hour wait to get good seats. We'll only watch it if we can come into the theatre shortly before it starts. To each their own.

The Lego store is pretty cool, so hope you get a chance to visit it next time you are in Disney World. Speaking of which, what happened to the trip you were planning?

On to day 3. I LOVE Typhoon Lagoon! Even though the slides are short, they are lots of fun. Crush N Gusher is so different than any water slides and is awesome. But nothing beats the mega wave pool! It's my FAVORITE thing by far! I just love love love playing in the gigantic waves. Glad you ahd a great time there.

In Hollywood Studios I tried the Star Tours, but though I had fun it left me feeling way too queasy, so I let my husband do it alone after. Damn motion sickness. I like both the car stunts show and the Indiana Jones show, but not enough to watch them every trip. That was very nice of you to keep your mom company, but man you missed my favorite attraction in all of WDW!!! I just love all the details in the queue, the spookyness in the first time, then the drops over and over again. So cool!

You said on my trip report that you don't think Illuminations is all that great. Well for my husband and I, we find Fantasmic to be just okay. It's a nice show, but it is nowhere near worth the 1-2 hour wait to get good seats. We'll only watch it if we can come into the theatre shortly before it starts. To each their own.

I'm still planning the trip it's just I've been busy with other things and by the way I want to sort out the budget for the trip.

Apart from my sister having her period and the trip to Typhoon Lagoon was pretty short it was still worth going there though. It's definatly the water park I'll be returning to again in the future.

God I didn't get to go and see the Beauty and the Beast show along with The Muppets show and hell I actually went past it actually the same spot where Phineas and Ferb usually meet. God I need to write down all the things that I missed in Disney World and see if I can do the things that I missed cuz there's so much I've missed while on my first trip anyway.

I take it you were never a show kind of girl and more of a ride and attractions sort of girl with Fantasmic I'm guessing right?

Nevermind about posting, I found it on my my own.

I just read day 4. I canNOT do Mission Space, as it makes me way too queasy. Now when Ron wants to do it, I just hang out in Mousegear or something.

I think the China pavilion is very pretty. I saw all three movies in Epcot last time (China, France, and Canada) and I loved all three of them. Very beautiful!

Though I agree that Wishes is way better than Illuminations, I still very much love Illuminations. I think it's because of all the extras (globe, laser, fire) besides the fireworks. However I have to say, we are pretty lucky in Montreal in terms of fireworks. Every summer our local amusement park holds an international fireworks competition. Since the amusement park is situated on an island in the middle of the river, they close up the bridge and thousands of people just walk up there and watch the fireworks for free. Every week is a new country and each one lasts 30 minutes, all perfectly set to music. It's amazing!

I just read day 4. I canNOT do Mission Space, as it makes me way too queasy. Now when Ron wants to do it, I just hang out in Mousegear or something.

I think the China pavilion is very pretty. I saw all three movies in Epcot last time (China, France, and Canada) and I loved all three of them. Very beautiful!

Though I agree that Wishes is way better than Illuminations, I still very much love Illuminations. I think it's because of all the extras (globe, laser, fire) besides the fireworks. However I have to say, we are pretty lucky in Montreal in terms of fireworks. Every summer our local amusement park holds an international fireworks competition. Since the amusement park is situated on an island in the middle of the river, they close up the bridge and thousands of people just walk up there and watch the fireworks for free. Every week is a new country and each one lasts 30 minutes, all perfectly set to music. It's amazing!
Well you can probably blame my father….again…he was the one who wanted to go on it. Whilst with me, I didn’t know what to expect with this one. Do ya know what it felt like to me? It felt like being shot out of a cannon for the most part anyway. My mother chickened out at the last minute and then waited at the end of the ride, I mean I didn’t like Mission Space but at least I was brave enough to ride it anyway. Yeah it’s not a ride I’ll be returning to anytime soon so your not alone on that one.

China was if not one of the best pavilions in Epcot. I mean the temple, the Lilly ponds the overall look of it, just beautiful. I still regret not going up and meeting Mulan though I mean yeah you can blame me being unsure if she was a princess or not but looking back that was really no excuse to not do that. She was right there once I had finished looking at the Warriors exhibit just by the benches when you wait for the movie that plays in China and I could’ve easily done that to begin with instead of thinking to myself: “I should go see Mulan! Should I go see Mulan?” Oh well I know what to do now for next time. God I really need to stop saying that! God damn it! (Chuckles)

Though to be fair it was my first time seeing Illuminations and again like Mission Space I didn’t know what to expect from it. It just looked too slow and the fireworks weren’t all that spectacular but that was just me and I was being a bit too nitpicky with it. But I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt just to watch Illuminations again and see if the second time will be prove a success unlike the first viewing. We’ll see, we’ll see. As for Wishes, I’ve only seen footage of the Euro Disney version but it’s been a long time since I’ve seen the video of Wishes I didn’t see Wishes when I was at WDW but you’ll see why once you read the next part of the trip…and hoo boy is it a doozy or what?

I've missed some new activity. I am back. I've already read and enjoyed the whole report, so I will go to the comments.

Grrrr! Why must the women love It's a small world?! There will be nothing happy about it once I go on it! It'll be the death of me!

Not all women love Small World. You are lucky to get me on that ride once a trip. Xander wanted to ride it twice on our last trip. I needed to nurse Connor anyway, so I made DH take him while I stayed off. :thumbsup2

I just read day 4. I canNOT do Mission Space, as it makes me way too queasy.

Have you tried the tame version Mel? I was very shocked that I was fine with it on the last trip. Never thought I would be saying that now. Xander did not like it though and would not do the rider swap with DH.

China was if not one of the best pavilions in Epcot.

China is my favorite one too, Joseph.

I just read Day 5. I'm glad you had such a great time meeting all the characters. Your encounter with Terk was pretty funny. And I think it's totally okay for a guy to like girl stuff. Girls are allowed to like boy things, why not the opposite?

I think we really just have different tastes when it comes to parades and fireworks. For me the MSEP is the most boring parade of them all. The floats are just okay, and the music I find very annoying. I wish they would bring Spectro back. But to each their own.

Have you tried the tame version Mel? I was very shocked that I was fine with it on the last trip. Never thought I would be saying that now. Xander did not like it though and would not do the rider swap with DH.

Yes I have tried the green version. I found it pretty boring, and it still made me feel slightly queasy. It's okay, I can get my shopping done while Ron goes on MS.

I just read Day 5. I'm glad you had such a great time meeting all the characters. Your encounter with Terk was pretty funny. And I think it's totally okay for a guy to like girl stuff. Girls are allowed to like boy things, why not the opposite?

I think we really just have different tastes when it comes to parades and fireworks. For me the MSEP is the most boring parade of them all. The floats are just okay, and the music I find very annoying. I wish they would bring Spectro back. But to each their own.

Yeah Terk was actually one of the highlights of the day along with the MSEP
but everyone's in titled to their opinion I guess. I did try to see Chip N Dale while I was in the AK but seeing as the line for Mickey took forever I missed them. Spectro magic I can't really say anything about it cuz I've never seen it but from the look of the pictures I can't see any difference from MSEP and Spectro anyway.

As for the whole "me liking Disney fairies thing" I've pretty much now accepted the fact that I'm now a fan of the series nowdays after hearing that the bronies tend to be a lot violent in comparsion I actually have nothing to worry about anymore. I mean I can tolerate the bronies for the most part but I still don't understand how a show about magic ponies is acceptable to males yet me liking the Disney fairies series is a big no-no. But that's fanbases for ya.

I think I'll actually upload the things I got at the AK from my IPod touch cuz that way I won't have complaints about you not seeing the picys but whatever.

To make up for last time here's two pictures of the stuff that I got at the Animal Kingdom hope you enjoy them, Mel.

One of my favourites in the Disney movie line:
twitter.com

Disney Villains simply sinster songs: https://twitter.com/#!/Starscream759/status/199180262100312065/photo/1

My thoughts:

Beauty and the Beast (Diamond Edition) - Beauty and the Beast is one of my favourite disney movies and of course it being a classic I just had to get it. It's got beautiful visuals, memorable songs, good characters and great stoytelling. The only flaw I have with this movie is the fact that they decided to include a new musical number in the form of: Human Again for this special edition of this movie. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just a bonus feature or something like that but no what Disney have done is that they've shoe-horned in a dreadful song that doesn't even serve any purpose to the story and just comes completely out of nowhere. It's pretty much on the same level of the Morning Report for The Lion King even though it was a song for the broadway show it's still included into The Lion King for no good reason. Other than that it's still a brilliant movie.

Disney Villains Simply Sinster songs - This one was actually pretty good it's got a nice variety of Disney Villain songs and it's actually worth buying. Though one song in particular I'm left scratching my head at is Every Little Piece. I mean I know it's just me and it comes from Pete's Dragon but how the hell is anyone supposed to remember that film? I mean I love the MSEP and everything but when I saw the float in the parade I was just scratching my head and thinking: "What's that? I don't remember a dragon and a british boy from any Disney movie I've watched." I mean outside of Mary Poppins I doubt anybody is gonna know what Pete's Dragon is.

While the choice of songs is good I don't know why The Pink Elephants, Si and Mi are listed as Disney Villains. They have some of the most famous ones like Be Prepared, Friends on the Other Side, Gaston, Poor Unforunate Souls, I wan'na be like you and Cruella De Vil. They've even got Oogie Boogie's song from The Nightmare Before Christmas which is pretty cool considering I love that movie and Snuff Out the Light that was cut from The Emperor's New Groove which was pretty neat. There wasn't really a song I didn't for this CD well apart from the Yodelling song from Home on the range which I have no idea why it's on there. Pretty good CD, worth a listen.

Yay, a picture!

We got Beauty and the Beast on Blu-Ray a couple of months ago. It's a great movie, especially the Be Our Guest song.

Be Prepared is my favorite villain song. So good!!

I had already commented on the last few updates of your trip, but here are some more comments.

Day 6
I prefer Typhoon Lagoon to Blizzard Beach, but Blizzard Beach is much bigger and has a lot more slides than Typhoon Lagoon. However, most of those slides often have long lines, so it could explain why you felt there wasn’t much to do. You’re lucky you only got rained on for 15-20 minutes before the park reopened. I had to wait so much longer than that!

Great Movie Ride is my least favorite attraction of all Disney World. I almost fell asleep on it! I’m really not a fan of “classic” movies though...

Day 7
Not a lot to say about this that I haven’t already said, since I’ve never visited Universal. I kinda want to visit it, but I think I would have appreciated it more when I was a teenager. And as much as I would love to try the Forbidden Journey attraction, I’m a bit worried that it’ll give me motion sickness.

How is the new trip planning going?

Well you've been waiting paitenly for these pictures of mine, Mel so I might as well grant your wish already. But first ya gotta know what I look like first. Okay see that boy with the beard, moustache and glasses wearing the headphones while giving a goofy grin while giving the thumbs up?
Starscream275

Well that's meeeeeee! Me! Oh glorious me! Surprised? You should be! Aren't I a handsome devil myself? And pretty good looking. Anyways this is the first picture of many expect more soon in the meantime take a look at my handsome mug there.

And by the way about the Forbidden Journey, Mel you don't need to worry about it, it rarely moves anyway for the most part your in front of a screen so whatever.

Well you've been waiting paitenly for these pictures of mine, Mel so I might as well grant your wish already. But first ya gotta know what I look like first. Okay see that boy with the beard, moustache and glasses wearing the headphones while giving a goofy grin while giving the thumbs up?
Starscream275

Well that's meeeeeee! Me! Oh glorious me! Surprised? You should be! Aren't I a handsome devil myself? And pretty good looking. Anyways this is the first picture of many expect more soon in the meantime take a look at my handsome mug there.

And by the way about the Forbidden Journey, Mel you don't need to worry about it, it rarely moves anyway for the most part your in front of a screen so whatever.

It's weird, the picture doesn't show up, but I can see it's there when I quote your post. :confused3 I tried to google the link, but nothing comes up. Can you try again?

As for Forbidden Journey, I get motion sickness in Star Tours and it's jsut a screen, so that's why I worry.

Yay, it works! For some reason, I did not picture you with a beard at all. :rotfl: It's nice to be able to know what you look like, it helps when reading a TR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter