THE CRAZY DISNEY EXTRAVAGANZA 7-16 August 2011

Disney Night Events 2: Epcot

Yes Day 4 was another lazy day in the apartment didn’t do much besides take a swim in the pool and by the way it was just gorgeous and buying a few new games for my PSP. Lego Batman and MediEvil Resurrection were the games I got for it at first I thought American games don’t work on a British PSP because most consoles are regional sensitive and I know the big consoles won’t play games from the US so I thought the same would apply to portable consoles but when I put the games into my PSP just fine. Guess that throws the regional crap out the window then. Mind you, we nearly got locked out of our apartment because my father had broken the key in the lock and we had to wait a bit before the locksmith arrived. And we were about to have supper when this happened and we had to have pizza at a pizzeria instead of what we were gonna have that night. Luckily we were able to get back into the apartment thanks to the locksmith. We then prepared for the night out at Epcot although my mother did she wanted to say the Main Street Electrical parade over in the Magic Kingdom but my father said my sister didn’t get to do the things in Epcot first time around so we decided to leave the Main Street Electrical parade for the next night.

First thing on the agenda was Mission: Space. Hoo boy I’ve got a lot to say about this one. You remember the first Disney Night event when me, my father and my sister went to Downtown Disney? Well we went to the NASA space centre during that day and we there for the whole day. I hated NASA before even going there ever since a boy at my college (who will remain anonymous) went on and on and on about it. Why the bloody hell do we have such a boring space force such as NASA?! Nobody cares about it! Nobody gives two monkey snots about who was the first man on the moon! So why we do even the NASA space centre?! IT’S STUPID! …..the only cool astronaut in my books is Buzz Lightyear and he’s a freaking toy for god sakes! Yeah I’ll have Buzz Lightyear over any astronaut any day! And those stupid ninnies that I call my father and sister bought T-shirts from that centre! And because I loved the centre soooooo much they decided to go on Mission: Space. Swell. You know how some people find the Tea cup ride in the Magic Kingdom very sickening and dizzy after being on it? Well I had a dose of dizziness after I got off it I was literally walking into the walls from side to side and I was nearly ready to throw up. Gee, thanks a lot dad, sis. Thanks for making me so much better about Epcot I really appreciated. (Sighs) Anyways we then walked all the way to the Norwegian Pavilion and went Maelstrom. Vikings are my favourite historian warriors besides pirates so I did get a kick out of Maelstrom but other that there’s really nothing to do in Norway. The only thing you could do while your in Norway is go and have a character meal over at Akershus and that’s a Princess Character Meal! My sister then wanted to go to the Chinese pavilion because that’s what she wanted to come to Epcot for. So our next course was the pavilion that had me trapped in the temple. I have to admit the gardens like magnificent at night. I mean I was overlooking the pond gardens before we went inside the temple and it’s a gorgeous sight. Man if only I had taken pictures of the surroundings in the Chinese pavilion.

Once inside the temple my family settled themselves down on the benches. While I had a little walkabout the temple and I was still wondering if I should’ve went up to Mulan or not. I still think I should’ve done that because I would’ve had something to do when I was trapped in the temple from the rain. But oh well I’ll meet her again when I make my redemption in Epcot when I return to Disney World. We then did Reflections of China. I really love how they made it all split screened so is to look like your in china. It’s really quite good I might actually visit China one day it might not happen but looking at it in all it’s glory is quite stunning. And you know? The Chinese pavilion may actually be my favourite in Epcot and really it’s a pavilion I really want to come back to. It’s such a sight to behold with the temple and the pond gardens it’s just lovely to visit. The reason why we came to Epcot was to basically see the fireworks there: IllumiNations: Reflections of the Earth. We did get a good spot to see them but to be honest with you IllumiNations wasn’t all that spectacular I mean it was good but it just didn’t have any flair to it and it was quite predictable. I think Wishes is a better fireworks display than what Epcot has at the moment but maybe that’s just me.

My sister was sulking once the fireworks were over because she wanted to spend her American money on a Chinese straw hat but my father wouldn’t let her because he just wanted to leave the park for the night. But who could blame him? He was tired out from all the walking about and I was feeling the same way as well. She just kept on saying: “I want to spend my money! I want to spend my money!” All throughout the trip and she kept on missing her chance to get something from the parks.

So my evening at Epcot was okay but it still it doesn’t make up for the fact that I had a terrible experience on my first day there. I will not lose hope for my redemption I really want to go back and have a sunny day there. It really was the unloved park of Disney World for me it really was.

I rode Mission Space very shortly after it first opened in 2003. Never again!! I hear they created a tamer version since then, but I have not/will not try it. It was almost an hour after I exited the ride before I was no longer dizzy and nauseous. The teacups are fun to me, so there is something different about Mission Space.

I would find a day at NASA boring too. DH posed the following conundrum he found online to me and some others: if you won a prize, would you rather travel to the moon for one day or to Europe for three days? Everyone picked the moon but me. Granted, I picked neither. That's a lot of travel time for such a short trip, so I would rather stay home. I am not a fan of traveling but will put up with it for a nice vacation if it is spaced out (like over a week at WDW). My DS loves Buzz too. That is who he was for Halloween last year. This year, he wants to be Handy Manny.

I agree with you all the way when you say you've never been on that ride since it first opened and I think the same's gonna happen with me cuz I'm never gonna go on that ride again. I felt like I was being shot out of a cannon by an angry Welshmen. I had to sit down for a bit before I could do anything else after doing Mission: Space so yeah I agree with you on that one. I hadn't been on the tea cups but from what I hear some people do get nauseous on that ride but I don't know maybe it's just me or it's just people who don't do rides that spin around wildly I'll have to see if I ever go on the tea cups.

Trust me I would rather have a 3 day trip around europe then go to the freaking moon! I mean seriously who wants to go to the moon?! It's a desolate wasteland of a planet that has nothing to offer whatsoever! I think Futurama summed it up best when Fry, Leela, Bender and Amy want to the moon's theme park and Fry not liking it wanted to show Leela what the moon was really like. Basically the moon's only there to make dates more romantic I guess.

And your husband wants to go as Handy Mandy?! What the hell possessed him to make him come as Handy Mandy?! And I'm guessing it's for the halloween party over in the Magic Kingdom right? Well if I was going there I would've come as either The Terminator or Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes.

Day 5: Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom

Well here we are: Day 5 of my trip to the Happiest place on earth. You will surprised to hear what I’ve gotta say for this next day cuz this one’s a dozy and it has a surprise twist to it. What do I mean by a surprise twist? Well let’s get stuck with this day shall we? We had pretty much done most of the parks for Disney world and I had really haven’t done much character meeting and our next venture into the Animal Kingdom can basically summed up as a character-fest. But I’ll try to go in depth with this one anyways we went to the Animal Kingdom as our next park we did get a little lost on the way to the car park though we ended up at the entrance to one of the resorts but the cast member who was at the ticket barrier put on us the right path to the car park of the Animal Kingdom. I haven’t said this at all about the trams in my trip report but they are very useful when getting to and from the parks it really does beat a bus system from the hotel any day plus I don’t know why but I love the male announcer’s voice when I’m on the tram and monorail it’s very soothing for some reason. Maybe it’s just me but anyways we reached the park and after a bit of stall browsing we then went through the entrance. And just as we made it to the centre of the park Mickey’s Jamming parade had already started.

Now Mickey’s Jamming parade was just marvellous. I loved the floats and the music to that parade and it really set the mood for Animal Kingdom. But nothing will be any more marvellous than the Main Street Electrical parade later that day which I’ll get to soon. Once the parade was over my mother wanted to do the safari so we went over to Africa. But unfortunately the parade much beat us to it but it didn’t bother me we were at Africa anyway. On the safari I saw lots and lots of animals from Elephants, antelopes, rhinos an ostrich and even a lion and the safari I have to admit was quite interesting. Then my family had a snack and a drink after the safari I decided I wanted to go on my character spree so I told my family that I wanted to go the park alone so they let me be and as soon as they were out of sight I started running towards the nearest spot for character meet and greets and my next destination was at Camp Minnie-Mickey. And before you could say Jack Nicholson I was having my character spree! I had literally met four characters while I was there! Four characters! And they were all in the same place at the same time. I met Goofy, Minnie, the big, big cheese of Disney: Mickey Mouse himself. I shook hands with him and then had a photopass picture after he had signed my book and then afterwards we then high fived each other I almost forgot to take my empty water bottle which the cast member held onto while I was meeting Mickey which I did throw out after I met him. I think the best moment I had while I was there had to be when I met Terk from Tarzan.

Before I had my autograph from her I saw her sitting on a park bench with some guests and then she found a water bottle that was just lying near the plants and not being used at all she then picked up the bottle, took off the cap and then emptied all the contents out of it onto the floor and then she proceeded to throw the empty water bottle into the bin. The female cast member then informed Terk that I had been waiting patiently for her to sign my book and Terk showed me her fingernails as if to say: “My handwriting’s a little sloppy but I’ll manage.” She then signed my book and then she wanted to have a photo with me afterwards and I told her that I didn’t have a camera on me and then she put her hands on her hips as if to say sarcastically: “Well thanks a lot!” and I responded with: “Well I’m sorry!” in a sort of sarky like tone so instead we had a hug and while we were doing that she kissed me on the cheek.
That was the highlight of the Animal Kingdom but it was overshadowed by my “encounters” in the Magic Kingdom later that evening. My parents had told me to meet them by the entrance of the park at 6:00PM sharp so I decided to spend my American cash on some prezzies for myself. So I went inside the nearest shop and I got myself a CD of Disney Villain songs and a DVD/Blu-ray copy of Beauty and the Beast. The shop keeper who sold the CD and the copy of Beauty and the Beast noticed that I was quite breathless mainly because I had been running from Camp Minnie Mickey to the entrance and I was in such a mad rush to meet up with my family and he thought I had been on the rides screaming my head off. I then met up with my family and then returned to the apartment for some dinner.

After we were fed we then returned to the Magic Kingdom. Before we saw the Main Street Electrical parade we had a little cruise around the whole park on the Main Street train even got to see a bit of the construction work for Fantasyland’s expansion we then made just in time for the parade to start. And I gotta say once I heard that electronic voice announcing the start of the Main Street Electrical parade I thought of Soundwave from Transformers but anyways my thoughts on the actual parade. It’s the best Disney parade I’ve ever seen in my whole entire life! No I’m dead serious! It was art for my eyes but in the dark! The floats were very amazing to look at and the soundtrack so gorgeous and I felt like I was in a electronic symphony of awesomeness! It was my second favourite moment of my trip and I loved every moment of it. After the parade my mother decided to stay behind at the town square and just relax so it left only me, my sister and my father to trek through the park. We walked through Main Street USA until I stopped at Adventureland and told my sister and father to go on without me and what happened next was an essence of sweetness and an extract of giddiness ensued after they left me. And by “sweetness and giddiness” I mean the encounter I had while I was in Adventureland. …….I met Tinker Bell and Rosetta……But before I go into detail of how I met them let me say this first and please do not laugh at this whatever you do because what I’m gonna tell you right now is gonna really, really, really surprise you so here goes: I’m a fan of the Disney fairies series…I adore the movies and I think it’s a great series. And before you ask I’m 18 years old and I’m a boy. Yes you heard right I’m a male fan of the Disney fairies series. How weird can you get? I am an equivalent to what bronies are to My Little Pony Friendship is Magic except without the millions of male fans. And like most boys when something like this happens you get a mid-life crisis about it and you feel bad that you did this, your losing your manly side, your a disgrace to humanity and blah, blah, blah, blah you get the idea and quite frankly I’m getting sick of mentioning my mid-life crisis regarding this series and if I keep talking about it I’m just gonna end up as a Daft Punk song and not in a good way either so it’s best that I do not discuss it with you. As you know Tinker Bell and her friends currently meet and greet right over in Adventureland.

Seeing as it was dark I naturally thought: “Hey it’s the evening surely I won’t be able to see them now right?” Wrong! It turns out that few of the characters that meet indoors can still continue meeting guests until the park closes so in my case the Disney Fairies meet and greet spot was still open. Me being a male fan of the series and not wanting to let my family know anything about my encounter was very feeling reluctant to go and meet them at first but my curiosity and stubbornness won over me and I then got in the line to see them. I was feeling nervous and at the same felt little bit scared. My knees were shaking, I was fidgeting with my fingers and I wasn’t thinking straight at all. I kept saying things like: “What am I doing here? I’m losing my manhood!” under my breath and I kept thinking to myself: “Must think manly thoughts! Must think manly thoughts!” But nothing was coming to mind all I was thinking about in my mind was the fact that I was about to meet Tinker Bell herself. I thought as I was going through the line that I was gonna see Vidia alongside Tink because I saw footage of Vidia and Tink meeting guests and thought it was just them but it turns out Rosetta was there. I peeked around the wall before going into the room that’s how I knew she was there. She and Tinker Bell are two of my favourite characters in the Disney Fairies series the other two being Fawn and Silvermist.

So you would imagine what kind of reaction had when I saw the both of them I was both tongue-tied and star struck! For the first time in my life I didn’t know what to do once I was in that room and yet deep down I felt good about meeting them. When it was my turn to see Rosetta I approached her nervously but in a calm manner but she didn’t seem to mind that I was feeling nervous because she was very nice and polite to me. She asked me who I was and if it was my first time seeing her. She also asked me where I came from and I replied Britain and she then asked how I got here by either using pixie dust or with fairy wings and me being the ninny said fairy wings when I should’ve said pixie dust! It’s not fair I shouldn’t be able to stumble over my words like that! I’m a boy not a fairy! I might as well go hide in some bushes now…get away from me fairies! I didn’t deserve to be in your clan! I’m joking, I actually like fairies in general and I haven’t gone insane I still like things like: Batman, Ozzy Osbourne, No More Heroes, Spiderman, Transformers, Indiana Jones, Brutal Legend, Super Mario, Father Ted and so many other man-ish things that I like anyways back to me and Rosetta now I was wearing a green t-shirt with a smiley face on it that night and as you know Tinker Bell and all the other Tinker fairies all wear green and of course Rosetta noticed my shirt and said to me that I’m a fully fledged Tinker fairy or sparrowman as I am like I said male. I then posed with her for a photo and then moved on to Tinker Bell herself. And man I gotta say what a hottie! I can’t believe I just said that….I kind of have a crush on her so yeah….

This time around I couldn’t say a word to her I mean at least with Rosetta I did talk to her bit and I wasn’t able to confess my feelings for Tink! Not when I was in a nervous state! Well whatever at least I had the great pleasure in meeting her though which was pretty sweet I guess. So no harm done eh? Like Rosetta, Tinker Bell also noticed my green T-shirt and also said I’m a tinker fairy like her. She told me that pixie dust was very important for travelling. After she signed my book she thanked me for seeing her and I gotta say she pretty much made my night at least. What is wrong with me? I’m liking a girly series. I then went back outside and then met up with my sister and father who were by the Crystal palace restaurant and surprisingly Wishes had started while I was meeting Tinker Bell and Rosetta they were watching the end of it when I arrived. They told me that they went to Frontierland and went on Big Thunder Mountain I knew couldn’t say what I did so I just said nothing and didn’t say a word about it.

We then decided to go back to Adventureland I needed something to take my mind off things so I went on Pirates of the Caribbean again and this time I got soaked big time. Next we then did the Magic Carpets of Agrabah which were a lot of fun and the spitting camels were a nice touch though. We then decided to go over to Splash Mountain just for one last ride in the park but the waiting time for it was 65 mins too long so we had to skip it so we decided to call a day. We then walked back to Main Street USA to meet up with my mother who was waiting for us by the benches and that was it really.

My husband actually dislikes Handy Manny and makes fun of him much to my son's dismay. It is my son who was Buzz last year and will be Handy Manny this year. DH never dresses up although he is thinking about going (trick or treating with my boys) as a vampire this year. He bought vampire contacts and will at least wear those. We were at WDW one year during the time of the halloween parties but never attended. Our next trip is this December, so we will not be there to go to the MNSSHP this year. In two years, we are planning a trip and will not miss out on the party this time.

AK is our favorite park for character greets. It has a lot of the ones DS likes all close together with short wait times. We have never sat through the parade at AK but I am thinking about doing it on our upcoming trip. I am glad you enjoyed it. The electrical parade at MK is very nice (except for the one time where bad time management and not being able to move through the parade route caused us to miss our dinner reservation time). At least we got to watch the parade, and they still took us when we showed up late for dinner.

There is nothing wrong with liking the fairies. You do not need to feel any shame. Just consider the fact that you are a young man who was waiting to meet some hot ladies, and that should erase the stigma. The franchise started within the past few years, so it was not around when I was growing up. DS has not expressed any interest yet, so I have never seen any of the shows. I do know Tinkerbell though, since she is from Peter Pan.

I am glad you had another great day.

So your husband did that just to make fun of him? Huh guess that makes sense. Because I was gonna say in the next post does he like it or something? But whatever. I guess if I had shown up at MNSSHP then I would've made quite an impression on the characters. Besides Halloween is my second fave holiday after Xmas. Why won't people acknowledge it as a proper holiday? It's not just something for the kiddies damn it, it's for teens as well! And half the time they don't even make a big deal out of it and they have to go straight to the christmas decorations in the middle of freaking October! Seriously I hate it when they do that I really do!

Also I was aware of the series even before I was a fan and that was pretty much foreshadowing my future. And not too mention because of the disney fairies series I've developed a huge crush on Mae Whitman for reasons only known to me. And oddly enough I saw the first Tinker Bell movie just after seeing Scott Pilgrim at the cinema last summer. It really is a series I keep coming back to. And seeing as I'm a sucker for that series I bought both the photopass pictures for both Tinker Bell and Rosetta right next to the ones I had with Mickey Mouse and Buzz Lightyear. And of course my parents do not know I like the series but they did find out that I did meet Tink thanks to the photopass picture of me standing right next to her and I felt bad and depressed about it but they didn't laugh at me because of that they told to not worry about it so fine it's alright I guess.

It would've been fine if it weren't for the fact that I hid behind my own mother when Tink's float passed by during the Main Street Electrical parade. Let me repeat that: I hid behind my own mother from Tinker Bell while watching the Main Street Electrical parade...I really wish I was making this up. I think that's the only thing that needs to be erased from my head. Meeting Rosetta and Tink? I'm fine with. Hiding from Tink during the Main Street Electrical parade? Not fine with. It's a very very embarrassing moment and good thing my family didn't see me doing this though. They were too engrossed with the parade to even notice me acting weird anyway.

And your right I don't need to be ashamed about liking the Disney Fairies series. And if it makes me smile then who really cares what people think right?

DH is pretty relentless in making fun of Handy Manny. Instead of singing we can fix it right, he always says we can fix it wrong. My son is only four, so he does not get sarcasm yet. He thinks my husband just cannot remember the proper words and tries to correct him. I think Hany Manny is okay, but it does not matter what DH and I think. As long as DS enjoys him, that is all that matters.

I admit that I have not dressed up for Halloween since I was 14. However, I will dress up in two years for MNSSHP. It would be nice to go as one of the Princesses, so I just have to choose which one. DH agrees with you that they should not put Christmas decorations out until after Halloween or even Thanksgiving. It really bothers him, and he must constantly complain when he sees them out this early.

Christmas is my favorite holiday followed by Halloween as well. Mostly because I enjoy watching my son enjoy Christmas first and then Halloween.

One should always do whatever makes him/her happy. I never put too much credence into what other people think. Always take opinions whether positive or negative with a grain of salt, and make your own decisions. You are the one who has to live with your decisions, so if they make you smile, you've probably made the right one. As long as your decision is not illegal or harmful to someone else, do whatever you want. When you look at things that way, you will feel less shameful and more happy with doing what you want to do.

I guess there will always be cynics out there that will think that your getting too soft or your just being plain weird. But that won't matter to me because I'm not like them they can say what they what cuz I ain't changing. I like being me. All I need out of life is confidence and that thought that says: "Yeah I can do it! I can do anything!" I just need to not judge myself too seriously I guess. I just need a little bit of faith and trust is all. That's what will make me whole as a person and that's all I need.

You are very wise at 18 and have already learned things that I did not fully learn until my mid to late twenties. Be who you are is the most important advise I could give anyone.

Day 6 Blizzard Beach and Disney Hollywood studios

I must say Disney world has been a real rollercoaster of a trip. I’ve enjoyed it so much that I’m already planning on my return trip there next year just for myself that is. It was that good I tell you anyways on with the next day and this time we headed for the second water park in the whole of Disney World: Blizzard Beach. I gotta say it’s the weaker of the two water parks while it’s a good water park I felt I didn’t enjoy myself as much as I did with Typhoon Lagoon and I have to agree with my father on this one. Well for one thing it was a very small park and it doesn’t have much to offer in terms of attractions and there wasn’t a lot to do while we where there. Of course my mother relaxed in the chairs whilst me, my sister and father went and did the park by ourselves. For the most part I was still trying to stay on those stupid floats but I kept falling off them! I swear they hate my guts! Anyways I went on Toboggan racers and it’s the most awesome idea that I’ve ever come across from Disney. Tobogganing down water slides while racing against other park guests, it’s an ingenious concept! I had a lot of fun with this one I had ridden on it 5 times while I was Blizzard Beach. It was only on my second go that a friendly black American woman challenged me to a race and I came second beating her when she was a near third. She congratulated me on beating her and I went on it again. Seriously I kept coming back to this ride it was so much fun. The weather unlike with Typhoon Lagoon was meh at best one minute it was sunny, the next there was a freak storm brewing and as a result the park ended up getting closed because of it and then it rained heavily….again and then it was sunny again. We had to wait a good 15-20 mins until the storm had passed we decided to have a look around the shops while we were waiting. As usual my sister was checking out everything in the shop and she still haven’t decided on what to get I browsed a bit and I tried on a tusk necklace it was too small for me but you have to admit I looked pretty damn cool wearing that Tusk necklace. God I wish I had pictures to show you that.

When the storm cleared the park reopened it’s doors to the public again. I did go on another ride before the storm came though the team boat springs and unlucky for me because I couldn’t go on it because I was all on my own and I ended up riding with another family. And you know I wasn’t sure at first if I wanted to go on Toboggan racers because I was originally going to try out Downhill Double Dipper but had a really long *** line for it so I had to skip it. And when the storm passed when I tried to go for Toboggan racers again for a fifth time it had a long line as well so I went for Snow Stoppers not as good as Toboggan racers but it was cool nonetheless. Oh and here’s a pro-tip for anyone who’s going to Disney World and they are planning on going to either Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach don’t go around the parks bare foot when the floor’s all hot because it’ll scold your feet if you do that. And I learnt that the hard way I even had to walk on my tippy-toes at one point because the floor was so damn hot! My advice always keep your sandals or flip-flops on whenever you walk about the water parks. Trust me you’ll save yourself the trouble of taking them on and off whenever you are near hot walking surfaces.

I wish I could say more about this park but really there isn’t much to say other than what I’ve already said about it. It’s defiantly by far the weaker one of the water parks at Disney World. Typhoon Lagoon’s a park that I would more likely return to more because it has more to offer as a park plus it’s a lot bigger than Blizzard Beach as a whole. So point goes to Typhoon Lagoon on the water parks. We decided that we had enough of Blizzard Beach and decided to have lunch back at the apartment we had to wait a bit until my sister had come off a ride because she was held up in a queue for it. I like how you Americans have things like cheese sauce for Nachos, Taco Bell’s and have way bigger shopping malls yet we don’t seem to have it over in where I’m from. It’s not fair I should be having some that American stuff in Britain! You can say I’m tad bit jealous of this but it’s just a minor nitpick anyway. After we digested some lunch we went back to Disney Hollywood studios and I picked up my photopass pictures yes even the ones with Tinker Bell and Rosetta. And like I told you before, my parents only know that I saw Tinker Bell that night all because of that one photopass picture of me standing next to Tink but they don’t know I’m a fan of the Disney Fairies series. So I don’t need to worry at all. We then went on the Great Movie Ride and seeing as I’m a movie fanatic I did get something from it and I guess it’s a nice little tribute to the movies from the last decades or so but nothing really special about it. After that I then asked my family that I wanted to go on my own through the park and they told me to meet up by the hat. So I had a little walk around Streets of America and I found the Phineas and Ferb meet and greet spot but not much good going there because it was already 6:30PM too late to meet them and you will be interested that I’ve recently got into the show and I’m finding most of the stuff for that show hilarious. DR DOOFENSMIRTZ AND PERRY THE PLAYTPUS FOR THE WIN! I saw Lighting McQueen and Mater’s meet and greet spot but I decided to skip them because the line was too long for my tastes. So I walked back past the Hollywood backdrop and decided to ride Star Tours again. My father then contacted me on my walkie talkie that they at the hat enjoying the live band for the night.

As usual my mother wanted to take it easy so she sat on a bench outside of The Magic of Disney Animation naturally I ventured inside via the shop cuz I had learnt that there was a character meet and greet in the building besides the current characters that meet there Mickey, Mr Incredible, Elastigirl, Frozone and now Winnie the Pooh whose recently replaced Lotso but like all new movies he’s not gonna be meeting there for long. I heard that some of the rare characters like to linger around The Magic of Disney Animation rare characters like: Jafar, Captain Hook, Queen of Hearts and Max all show up in that building but when I got there wasn’t a character in sight it’s only after the trip I figured that the rare characters come out during the late evenings I’m referring to the Fantasmic meet. While they appear regularly it’s not always a guarantee that they’ll show up. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t but it’s every other day that they make appearances so I guess the next time I visit I better hope I get lucky and see them in the building because it really is a golden opportunity to see rare characters at this time anyway. While I was there I decided to play about for a bit on the machines I did You’re a character and picked the Aladdin scene I pretty much knew the scene of by heart cuz I had seen Aladdin so many times now and did I not mention that I want to become a voice actor in the future? It’s always been my passion to entertain people so I figure voice acting is where it’s at for me and there have been so many influences that have made me want to go into voice acting so yeah that’s who I wanna be in the future.

I was about to leave The Magic of Disney animation when my father and sister came in and also went on the machines for a bit and that was it for the night. Oh god I’ve just realized something Animal Kingdom is the place where I met lot of characters at but it’s also the park where I did less there and same thing with Epcot there was less done all because of the terrible events that happened there. Though Animal Kingdom I don’t think it’s a park I would like to come back in a hurry to for but Epcot is another story I again want to make amends for my past transactions and have a more pleasant experience there so fingers crossed for the better.

Ok, found the correct TR. I haven't finished reading all your updates, will have to come back later.

Blizzard Beach has more and longer slides, but Typhoon Lagoon definitely has the best wave pool!

The random characters in the Animation building come out between 5pm and 7pm, but not everyday.

Great TR!

Nah I really do prefer Typhoon Lagoon and besides I had more fun while I was there anyways. But it is agreed that Typhoon Lagoon has an awesome wave pool that's something I wanna do again when I go back.

Ah thanks on the random character meet and greet in the Animation building I guess I must've done either two things: 1 They were there but I was just too late to see them or 2 I came when it was a day when they were showing Fantasmic early. The only problem now is which days the random character meet and greets usually happen at DHS. I know it's not every day and the time but it's just the days I'll need to know though.

And oh one last thing Rommel, have you checked out the other parts to my trip report?

Nah I really do prefer Typhoon Lagoon and besides I had more fun while I was there anyways. But it is agreed that Typhoon Lagoon has an awesome wave pool that's something I wanna do again when I go back.

Ah thanks on the random character meet and greet in the Animation building I guess I must've done either two things: 1 They were there but I was just too late to see them or 2 I came when it was a day when they were showing Fantasmic early. The only problem now is which days the random character meet and greets usually happen at DHS. I know it's not every day and the time but it's just the days I'll need to know though.

And oh one last thing Rommel, have you checked out the other parts to my trip report?

I've heard that the characters are there every night that Fantasmic doesn't show early, but I couldn't confirm it.

I've read everything, but quickly as I've been suffering from pregnancy nausea pretty bad. Whoever called it morning sickness was lucky to only get it in the morning...

Oooh sorry to hear your having morning sickness I hope you get better. It isn't a permanent illness is it? Do you have any treatments for it?

I'm glad you had fun on the Toboggan Racer even if the rest of the park did not appeal much to you.

I love Phineas and Ferb too. That is actually what DS is watching now. The humor is not just for kids, so it is my favorite Disney cartoon tv show. We are all looking forward to the new meet and greet there. Thanks for the tip that we should get there earlier in the day.

I am a movie buff too, but I find the great movie ride a little boring. Taco Bell is awesome and so is cheese sauce for things like nachos and soft pretzels.

We had a lot of laid back fun in the Magic of Disney Animation section last trip too.

I've read everything, but quickly as I've been suffering from pregnancy nausea pretty bad. Whoever called it morning sickness was lucky to only get it in the morning...

I had "morning sickness" all day with both of my pregnancies. It lasted until I was 3.5 months pregnant with my first and 4.5 months pregnant with my second. Hopefully, yours will go away soon. Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Oooh sorry to hear your having morning sickness I hope you get better. It isn't a permanent illness is it? Do you have any treatments for it?

It's not permanent, but it's common to last the first 3-4 months of any pregnancy. Hopefully the doctor might have a pill to help with it when I see her later this week.

I had "morning sickness" all day with both of my pregnancies. It lasted until I was 3.5 months pregnant with my first and 4.5 months pregnant with my second. Hopefully, yours will go away soon. Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Thanks! I do hope it goes away soon.

I'm thinking of posting all of the pictures that I have from my trip including the ones that happen to be the photopass pictures. Trouble is the photopass photos are already printed out and I haven't got them on my laptop so the best I can do with them is take pictures of them with my crappy camera. As for the rest of the photos I'll have to ask my father if he can email them to me because he has most of them on his laptop so they won't be much of a problem if he's willing to do that for me that is but whatever. Expect the photos to be posted in the next week or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter