• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The College Program Questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WDWFan4Life said:
I have a question about scheduling an interview after you attend the presentation. I plan on attending a presentation on October 12, and the school I have to go to is about an hr and 40 mins away from my school. Then the next day I have a mid-term at 11:15 at my school. So I'm going to need to go from my school to the other school to attend the presentation on the 12th and then go back that night take my test and go back to the other school for the interview. So I was wondering if its possible to have an interview either after 2 or 3 or early in the morning. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

No it's not unfortunately. They only do the interviews during normal hours.

Thanks for responding, so what are the normal times for the interviews, the presentation on October 12th is at 5 p.m. so when would they have interview times for the next day. Also how long do the interviews usually take because if I could go to my interview and then leave straight from there to my school depending on the time I could probably make it back to school in time for my interview.

WDWFan4Life said:
Thanks for responding, so what are the normal times for the interviews, the presentation on October 12th is at 5 p.m. so when would they have interview times for the next day. Also how long do the interviews usually take because if I could go to my interview and then leave straight from there to my school depending on the time I could probably make it back to school in time for my interview.

Well, the interviews are usually done over the phone. So it would be during hours like 9-6, or something like that. And it usually would be the day after the presentation.

Have they switched to only phone interviews now? The group interviews were so much fun! I do believe that the phone interviews are much more professional though...at least mine was.

Hello. I had a quick question about language proficiency tests for foreign languages. Are the tests to see if you are conversational or fluent>? I know a lot of French and Italian and a little German... so I was wondering how hard the tests were :) Thanks

I've never taken the exam myself, but my roommate on my last program did and she said it was conversational. It's really not that bad I guess, cause she wasn't even close to fluent, but she knew enough to get by and still got her badge.

THANKS for the info HB :) Anyone else have any more info>?

I would assume that it would be enough to be able to speak conversationaly with people. And the interviews are done over the phone (except the ASL one, obviously).

No, but I'm wondering too because I'd like to try for a couple of them! I love languages...

AladdinJay said:
What are you guys talking about with the language thing? Is that with the CP?

It's for anyone, really. It's the flags that people wear on the nametags.

there is not going to be a presentation at my school until november is that soon enough for me to get into the spring 2007 or would i have to wait until the fall??

theblondebee said:
there is not going to be a presentation at my school until november is that soon enough for me to get into the spring 2007 or would i have to wait until the fall??

You should be fine for Spring 2007. And you could do an E-presentation if you wanted to do it sooner.

Since my presentation is about 2 weeks away now, I was wondering how easy it is to schedule a phone interview for the next day. I have a midterm the following day at 11:15 until 12:10 and was wondering if I would be able to schedule a phone interview for somewhere after 1.

theblondebee said:

Yeah, you'll be fine. I'm a rep this semester, and I'm not having my presentation until November either. Heck, when I interviewed the first time, I didn't interview until April 12th, and went on the Fall program. For some reason, the interviews are always so late in my state.

WDWFan4Life said:
Since my presentation is about 2 weeks away now, I was wondering how easy it is to schedule a phone interview for the next day. I have a midterm the following day at 11:15 until 12:10 and was wondering if I would be able to schedule a phone interview for somewhere after 1.

They're very good about working with your schedule. They'll bend over backwards to make sure you get that interview. :goodvibes

Thanks for the reply Hogbunny, but now I have another question for anyone that may be able to provide me with some answers. I went to my co-op office today and was discussing the College Program with them and they told me that my school wouldn't give me credits for it, because due to my major which is accounting I would have to have taken a total of 84 credits to receive credit. They did tell me though that if its something I really want to do to go do it and have a great time, but they also said it may affect my full time status and that could cause a problem for any loans I have, which may cause them to become due. So I was wondering if anyone else was in this kind of situation and could provide me some guidance, because the internship is something I really want to do and I've already met people that I'm looking forward to getting to know down there, so my mind is pretty much made up that I am going to do this if I get in, I just want to get other people's opinions.

I just got accepted a fw weeks ago for the Spring 2007. I got me thinking about different things i might want to do while I'm down there. One of them is check out the backstages of the theme parks. For anyone who has done the CP before, can go backstage to hte theme parks?....FOr example If I worked at MGM-studios but wanted to check out backstage epcot or MK, could I do that? Would it be easy or a pain in the butt?

thanks
~dustin

Dustin said:
I just got accepted a fw weeks ago for the Spring 2007. I got me thinking about different things i might want to do while I'm down there. One of them is check out the backstages of the theme parks. For anyone who has done the CP before, can go backstage to hte theme parks?....FOr example If I worked at MGM-studios but wanted to check out backstage epcot or MK, could I do that? Would it be easy or a pain in the butt?

thanks
~dustin

You're technically not supposed to. They don't want people walking around backstage if they don't have to. The backstage areas are for people working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter