• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The College Program Questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was curious if anyone has a estimation of when the '07 summer CP applications will be becoming available and if selected, the approximate starting date for the program is?

Thanks Everyone In Advance!

The applications for the Spring 2007 come out approx. in early fall, so about late September. And the dates vary, but for my CP last year they started about mid-January.

Just a quick question for someone that is alrdy working on the Cp: How far in advance can you book hotel rooms right now? I'm just curious if its a 3,4,5,6 month window.... I don't come down until September 4th but my parents want to come done in October and December and I just wanted to know the odds of getting discounted rooms. Thanks

Simba, in general you can book rooms pretty far in advanced, but I don't know how much. My dad booked a room for my and my sister for Christmas, and he booked it in March, although we're DVC so that might make a difference. If you're trying to get the CP discount, you have to wait until you're actually at Disney with you ID and all that. I know there's an exact way to go about it, but I'm not sure how exactly, just that you have to be working for Disney before you get the discounts.

I have two questions...

1) I'm thinking about doing the extened Fall 07 college program, meaning I would be moving in sometime mid-May. I will be turning 21 on May 30th of that year. My question is that is there anyway possible for me to be put into a non-wellness apartment, seeing as how my birthday would only be a few days away? If not, how hard would it be to change apartments during the session?

2) I know that Disney offeres transportation pretty much anywhere, (the parks, downtown disney, grocery store, movies, etc) but how convenient is it? Would I be better off just bringing my car down?

imagineerhopefull said:
I have two questions...

1) I'm thinking about doing the extened Fall 07 college program, meaning I would be moving in sometime mid-May. I will be turning 21 on May 30th of that year. My question is that is there anyway possible for me to be put into a non-wellness apartment, seeing as how my birthday would only be a few days away? If not, how hard would it be to change apartments during the session?

2) I know that Disney offeres transportation pretty much anywhere, (the parks, downtown disney, grocery store, movies, etc) but how convenient is it? Would I be better off just bringing my car down?

1) You have to be 21+ to be in non-wellness- no exceptions. If you are not 21 when you arrive, you will have to go into wellness and then transfer. I don't know how long the process takes, but I am pretty sure that you don't have to pay the $50 transfer fee you would normally have to pay if you were to switch apartments.

2) I would definitely bring the car.

Hi! I have a question for former CP'ers. I'm kind of on the six year plan for school. :teeth: I took a year off to work at an art gallery in Madrid, and now that I'm 22 and back in school I'm REALLY interested in the CP program. Will I feel like an old lady at the age of 22? :confused3

Anyone else on the six year plan? :blush:

AliceinDISland said:
Hi! I have a question for former CP'ers. I'm kind of on the six year plan for school. :teeth: I took a year off to work at an art gallery in Madrid, and now that I'm 22 and back in school I'm REALLY interested in the CP program. Will I feel like an old lady at the age of 22? :confused3

Anyone else on the six year plan? :blush:

Heck no! I know people who are a LOT older who have done the CP. I say go for it, and have a good time.

As you’ve guessed, I have a question. I kinda sorta want to take a class while at Disney, but I also kinda sorta don’t want to. My big problem is, I don’t know what classes they offer. The only one I’ve heard about was the “Marketing You” which is about learning how to network right? What are the other classes offered? Thank you everyone! You’re all the biggest helps!!

I'm on the "6 year program" too!!! I am going down August 23rd to do Quick Service F&B and I am 23!! I do feel old, but alot of people I've seen going are older than me so I don't feel bad at all. So go for it and Good luck!!

jcollins13 said:
I'm on the "6 year program" too!!! I am going down August 23rd to do Quick Service F&B and I am 23!! I do feel old, but alot of people I've seen going are older than me so I don't feel bad at all. So go for it and Good luck!!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one on the six year plan. I only recieved 6 hours of credit for my stay in Spain, but it was WELL worth it. I think... :bitelip:

imagineerhopefull said:
I have two questions...

1) You can ask them to put to non-wellness apartment if that's what you wish. It doesn't cost you a dime to change if you're 21 year olds, but it can take sometime to have staff switch you over another place.

2) The transportation that Disney may be providing you to get you most of places, but NOT everywhere. Personally, I was glad that I brought my own car.

if you check into the program within 15 days of turning 21 they will automatically put you in a non-wellness apartment (unless you ask to be in a wellness apartment)- i've done fall advantage both programs and it's amazing! the regular program isn't enough time down there to have fun!

I got my letter today! It took two weeks exactly! I will be working in merchandise.. Just have to select my arrival date.. Would it be better to come the date in early august, or the end of the month? Both types of dates are available.

--Samantha

daydream3r said:
I got my letter today! It took two weeks exactly! I will be working in merchandise.. Just have to select my arrival date.. Would it be better to come the date in early august, or the end of the month? Both types of dates are available.

--Samantha

I would say early August, but that is just me.

jcollins13 said:
Wow, I was just starting to wonder if there was going to be anyone else down there my age (I'm 23). Oh, and I'm also on the 6 year plan...nothing sweeter! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter