• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The College Program Questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sugahappy said:
hey, do any former CPers know how close vista and chatham are? like could you walk from one to the other easily?? thanks in advance!!

Vista and Chatham are a few min apart. You could walk but I wouldn't recommend it unless it was for exercise. Also you have to cross a major road to get from one apartment to the other and then walk a little farther down the road. I would recommend just taking the bus.

MissHolly said:
Hey guys, so in the process of looking for sales for buying things for coming down in the fall I had a few random questions.
*Are the beds twin size? If so are they normal or long sized?
*Can we hang things on the walls? I saw some really cute wall clocks/frames but wasn't sure what we were allowed to stick to the walls and how.
Random I know! Thanks.

According to www.wdwcp.com, the beds are standard twin size. Anyway, I hope they are! That's the type I am bringing... there's always Wal-Mart if worst comes to worst ;)

Hey guys! I have a question about the College Program. It may sound pretty stupid but I've always been curious. Do CP'ers get to take advantage of the extra magic hours that the hotel guests get?

I hope to do this fall 2007 -- feels like FOREVER from now, but I have to finish schooling before I can apply -- as my school does not offer any credit for it. Thanks!

AladdinJay said:
Hey guys! I have a question about the College Program. It may sound pretty stupid but I've always been curious. Do CP'ers get to take advantage of the extra magic hours that the hotel guests get?

I hope to do this fall 2007 -- feels like FOREVER from now, but I have to finish schooling before I can apply -- as my school does not offer any credit for it. Thanks!

Nope. Only Disney resort guests may use the extra magic hours.

What about the people who work the extra hours? If they are done are they allowed to stay for the rest of the hours?

Also, this may sound stupid, but did anybody have any problems ever with understanding people? I know people visit Disney from literally all over the world, and I'm curious what happens if there is somebody you just completely have no idea what they are saying, either because it's another language or you just don't understand their accent? What would you do?

AladdinJay said:
What about the people who work the extra hours? If they are done are they allowed to stay for the rest of the hours?

Also, this may sound stupid, but did anybody have any problems ever with understanding people? I know people visit Disney from literally all over the world, and I'm curious what happens if there is somebody you just completely have no idea what they are saying, either because it's another language or you just don't understand their accent? What would you do?

If you worked the extra hours, you usually started work late and worked the entire extra hours. A few times I had trouble speaking to guests, but I had to try to use body language and stuff like that. It usually worked.

its so exciting, but i am soooooooo exhausted! tomorrow we find out where we got placed for work. i also just met up with some other DISboarders at PI and it was fun!!!

Congratulations!! Hope it goes well for you!!

Oh yeah, another question. If you go there just for the job and not classes, do you have to attend seminars or other meetings? Or are those just for the people who are doing classes while down there?

for language - Disney also has a language translation hotline that you can play "pass the phone" with the guest, and/or many, if not most locations have at least one person that speaks a lot of the common languages.

AladdinJay said:
Oh yeah, another question. If you go there just for the job and not classes, do you have to attend seminars or other meetings? Or are those just for the people who are doing classes while down there?

I did not take the classes (I was doing online classes for my university) and didn't go to anything other than work. I did wish I had taken the Tower of Terror behind the scenes tour. Some of the seminars on networking looked interesting, but I just didn't make the effort to go to them.

I have been reading about this program for a few days now, the more I read the more amazing it sounds. I do have a few other questions... Did you enjoy your time there? How were the classes/jobs? What activities did you have to participate in while staying in the housing? And also, I do have a rather odd question.. I have read many of the posts, viewed the website and presentation, most of the people I have saw that have participated have been rather skinny people, I however am a bigger girl. Being the person I am, this kinda bothered me and made me wonder if it would hurt my chances of getting into the program?
Thanks!

I enjoyed my time so much I work seasonally. The complexes do hold talent shows and pool parties, but that's once a program. I didn't attend anything, but they do post the events, such as trips to the beach.

Everyone is welcome in the program, as long as you follow the guidelines (currently in school, have school approval, able to work in the US).

daydream3r said:
I have been reading about this program for a few days now, the more I read the more amazing it sounds. I do have a few other questions... Did you enjoy your time there? How were the classes/jobs? What activities did you have to participate in while staying in the housing? And also, I do have a rather odd question.. I have read many of the posts, viewed the website and presentation, most of the people I have saw that have participated have been rather skinny people, I however am a bigger girl. Being the person I am, this kinda bothered me and made me wonder if it would hurt my chances of getting into the program?
Thanks!

Hi there. I did the CP in 2005, and I just checked into the CP again. I LOVED doing the CP last time. It was so much fun. I worked in merchandise at the MK last time, and this time I am going to be a character attendant. Last time I took Hospitality Management and this time I am going to take Experiential Learning. I am staying in Chatham again (both times in 2 BRs). And don't worry about weight. I am not "skinny". In fact, I hope to lose some weight down here on the CP. Good luck!

Hey! I have 1 more quick question. When do CP's get their ID's? How long after check in? Trying to help set up travel plans with my friend. So thanks!!!

C.C.H.M. said:
Hey! I have 1 more quick question. When do CP's get their ID's? How long after check in? Trying to help set up travel plans with my friend. So thanks!!!

You get your ID after Traditions, which is on the third day.

Hey all,
As I have said in the Intro and What's Your Major Threads, my name is Kaitlin. I am a 19 year old sophmore psychology major. I am interested in doing the WDWCP at some point.
I am wanting to work with kids after graduation. Do you have any suggestions on areas I could do for CP that would relate to my major and career goals?
Thanks a lot! Have a magical day! :wizard:
-Kaitlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter