• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Bossy Family Takes on the Mob Wonder 3/1, updated 6/17 Mixology!!!

pierresgirl

DIS Veteran
Just got back from a fabulous 5 nighter on the Wonder. Super sad face about being home :sad: Just want to post my pre trippie intro before I get started.

Avast thar thar scallywags ye made it here! Next up be whar scurvy pirate fills his belly wit cheer. It be under th' table whar he puts down his beer, it be sudsy, it be tasty and it's hid under 'here pirate:

That clue was how my husband of 15 years found out about this trip.... Ok, actually that was the second clue but let me back up a bit. This is my third trip report and I'm Leyla aka Mrs Bossy, married for 15 years to Pierre aka Mr Thinkshecanbebossy. Feel free to read as 'thinks he can be bossy' or 'think she can be bossy'

and we have a nearly 15 year old Bella aka Notbossy daughter

and 12 year old Cooper aka Definetlybossy son

Our family has been on 2 wonderful Wonder cruises, the first being 6 yrs ago and the second 4 years ago. Alas it's been that long since we've had a family vacation and I decided it's well past due! A work trip with mom, even to Miami, doesn't count. Not fair when I'm working and they are at the beach or :beach: poolside lounging, amiright?!?! The last few years have not been easy but we've made it and come out stronger. Our 15 year anniversary was last summer but our work schedules have been nutty and I've traveled a lot the last 2 years so have not had any free time. We didn't even go out for lunch or dinner, isn't that sad? Dh's 50th birthday is in Feb and our dd 15th birthday is in March so it got me athinkin'!

A few months ago I began plotting and scheming how to do either another Disney cruise or possibly Disney's Aulani resort in Hawaii. I had quite a few miles as well as a flight voucher for coughing up a seat during a work trip. I have the USAirways credit card and was issued 3 tickets at a really reduced cost that I planned on using for Hawaii. However I realized that said tickets could only be used for continental US travel so there went Hawaii! Mahalo. This Haole be going somewhere else! Not that I was too sad though, I had a Disney Cruise to plan for! All on the downlow!

My next big decision was between 4 nights on the Fantasy but going to the same ports we had been to OR 5 nights on the Wonder going to new ports. DD happened to be grounded, without her phone, and was being super grumpy READ:mean, towards me and I knew how to get back in her good graces.

"Hey Bells"
"Wut?" Growl, snarl, snort
"Do you love me?"
"#Debatable" growl, snarl, snort
" Wanna be my best friend?" :flower3:
"No" growl, snarl, snort :snooty:
"Wanna go on a Disney cruise?" :flower3:
"Wait what mother dear who I love so very much?!?!?!!! ARE you KIDDING me?!?!"

So between the two of us we decided that longer on a smaller boat going to new ports would be best for our family. As much as I'd love to do the Dream or Fantasy one day I kept thinking about how many more people would be on the boats and Castaway Cay. I decided to keep it a secret and surprise dh and ds12 at Christmas. I don't know how I did it, that's for sure! I have a big mouth and yap all day at work, don't tell me any secrets....by accident it might come out! I had to be super careful and not leave the disboards open on my iPad or flight/cruise ressies in my email.

I was trying to think of the most creative way to tell him and decided on a pirate scavenger hunt. I kept looking on Pinterest, YouTube, and Google :coffee: for different clue ideas but most things were geared towards kids. Meh, not what I wanted. My creative juices got aflowing and the clues just came to me. I found a website that translated everything in pirate speak (so fun!) and the hardest part was just making sure I had the right clue tied to the right object in the right location. My brain hurts just thinking about it! I put the big reveal in a box I painted to look like a pirate chest

In the treasure chest was a personalized DCL tshirt and cruise certificate, woohoo!! When I was putting them all together I started to think about the flight and how we would have to pay for at least 3 cases to be checked, mine would be free for my USAirways CC. Why not use my points and pay a few bucks to upgrade so the bags go for free? AND we start vacation early with included drinks. Like my thought process? I sure do!!!

On Christmas morning Pierre and Cooper opened their gifts and liked everything they got but I was so amped :hyper: up to get to the main event! Pierre is always slightly zombified on Christmas because the guy works 2 jobs and December is H-E-Double-hockey-sticks. For real. He is in the UPS warehouse and helps manage our local hockey rink (get the double hockey sticks...:smokin:.) Please give your UPS warehouse workers a big hand ladies and gentlemen. Nearly each day in Dec he went in between 11pm the night before and 1 am to get the trucks ready. He then goes straight to the rink and sometimes back to UPS without coming home. I don't know how he does it, I most certainly couldn't :faint:

I had told Cooper he had a big gift that was going to be last so he was all hopped up! I placed the first clue in the tree and it lead to the next. Everything was attached to a pirate item such as eyepatch, telescope, hook etc.

We went from room to room and they were confused but having fun. At least I was. Cooper knew he had to share whatever it was so he was leaning towards the 'This is stupid' side, or truth be told he was TOTALLY on the 'This is stupid' angle. Basketball shoes are life yo. iPhones are life yo. I hope there is one at the end of this.... When they opened the last clue that lead to the trunk it took a minute to sink it...Wait, what? We're going on the Disney Cruise? You said cruises are stupid! This is awesome!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

So Cooper is an interesting kid. He blows everything :mic::mic::mic: up by a good 500% and the first 2 times I ask him something he tends to fib. Or lie. However you look at it he ain't tellin the truth. He also commits to things and bails last second so we have to force him. Or at least try to force him. He drives me nuts but I love him SO much. Even when I want to wallop him. Anyone who has read my past trip reports will recall certain incidentS...

A nutty thing or two happened on our trip, something I never thought I'd see! Hope ya keep reading!

I am in! Gotta love the kids that are "too cool" until they get around then Mouse! Can't wait to hear the rest!

Just got back from a fabulous 5 nighter on the Wonder. Super sad face about being home :sad: Just want to post my pre trippie intro before I get started.

Avast thar thar scallywags ye made it here! Next up be whar scurvy pirate fills his belly wit cheer. It be under th' table whar he puts down his beer, it be sudsy, it be tasty and it's hid under 'here pirate:

That clue was how my husband of 15 years found out about this trip.... Ok, actually that was the second clue but let me back up a bit. This is my third trip report and I'm Leyla aka Mrs Bossy, married for 15 years to Pierre aka Mr Thinkshecanbebossy. Feel free to read as 'thinks he can be bossy' or 'think she can be bossy'

and we have a nearly 15 year old Bella aka Notbossy daughter

and 12 year old Cooper aka Definetlybossy son

Our family has been on 2 wonderful Wonder cruises, the first being 6 yrs ago and the second 4 years ago. Alas it's been that long since we've had a family vacation and I decided it's well past due! A work trip with mom, even to Miami, doesn't count. Not fair when I'm working and they are at the beach or :beach: poolside lounging, amiright?!?! The last few years have not been easy but we've made it and come out stronger. Our 15 year anniversary was last summer but our work schedules have been nutty and I've traveled a lot the last 2 years so have not had any free time. We didn't even go out for lunch or dinner, isn't that sad? Dh's 50th birthday is in Feb and our dd 15th birthday is in March so it got me athinkin'!

A few months ago I began plotting and scheming how to do either another Disney cruise or possibly Disney's Aulani resort in Hawaii. I had quite a few miles as well as a flight voucher for coughing up a seat during a work trip. I have the USAirways credit card and was issued 3 tickets at a really reduced cost that I planned on using for Hawaii. However I realized that said tickets could only be used for continental US travel so there went Hawaii! Mahalo. This Haole be going somewhere else! Not that I was too sad though, I had a Disney Cruise to plan for! All on the downlow!

My next big decision was between 4 nights on the Fantasy but going to the same ports we had been to OR 5 nights on the Wonder going to new ports. DD happened to be grounded, without her phone, and was being super grumpy READ:mean, towards me and I knew how to get back in her good graces.

"Hey Bells"
"Wut?" Growl, snarl, snort
"Do you love me?"
"#Debatable" growl, snarl, snort
" Wanna be my best friend?" :flower3:
"No" growl, snarl, snort :snooty:
"Wanna go on a Disney cruise?" :flower3:
"Wait what mother dear who I love so very much?!?!?!!! ARE you KIDDING me?!?!"

So between the two of us we decided that longer on a smaller boat going to new ports would be best for our family. As much as I'd love to do the Dream or Fantasy one day I kept thinking about how many more people would be on the boats and Castaway Cay. I decided to keep it a secret and surprise dh and ds12 at Christmas. I don't know how I did it, that's for sure! I have a big mouth and yap all day at work, don't tell me any secrets....by accident it might come out! I had to be super careful and not leave the disboards open on my iPad or flight/cruise ressies in my email.

I was trying to think of the most creative way to tell him and decided on a pirate scavenger hunt. I kept looking on Pinterest, YouTube, and Google :coffee: for different clue ideas but most things were geared towards kids. Meh, not what I wanted. My creative juices got aflowing and the clues just came to me. I found a website that translated everything in pirate speak (so fun!) and the hardest part was just making sure I had the right clue tied to the right object in the right location. My brain hurts just thinking about it! I put the big reveal in a box I painted to look like a pirate chest

In the treasure chest was a personalized DCL tshirt and cruise certificate, woohoo!! When I was putting them all together I started to think about the flight and how we would have to pay for at least 3 cases to be checked, mine would be free for my USAirways CC. Why not use my points and pay a few bucks to upgrade so the bags go for free? AND we start vacation early with included drinks. Like my thought process? I sure do!!!

On Christmas morning Pierre and Cooper opened their gifts and liked everything they got but I was so amped :hyper: up to get to the main event! Pierre is always slightly zombified on Christmas because the guy works 2 jobs and December is H-E-Double-hockey-sticks. For real. He is in the UPS warehouse and helps manage our local hockey rink (get the double hockey sticks...:smokin:.) Please give your UPS warehouse workers a big hand ladies and gentlemen. Nearly each day in Dec he went in between 11pm the night before and 1 am to get the trucks ready. He then goes straight to the rink and sometimes back to UPS without coming home. I don't know how he does it, I most certainly couldn't :faint:

I had told Cooper he had a big gift that was going to be last so he was all hopped up! I placed the first clue in the tree and it lead to the next. Everything was attached to a pirate item such as eyepatch, telescope, hook etc.

We went from room to room and they were confused but having fun. At least I was. Cooper knew he had to share whatever it was so he was leaning towards the 'This is stupid' side, or truth be told he was TOTALLY on the 'This is stupid' angle. Basketball shoes are life yo. iPhones are life yo. I hope there is one at the end of this.... When they opened the last clue that lead to the trunk it took a minute to sink it...Wait, what? We're going on the Disney Cruise? You said cruises are stupid! This is awesome!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

So Cooper is an interesting kid. He blows everything :mic::mic::mic: up by a good 500% and the first 2 times I ask him something he tends to fib. Or lie. However you look at it he ain't tellin the truth. He also commits to things and bails last second so we have to force him. Or at least try to force him. He drives me nuts but I love him SO much. Even when I want to wallop him. Anyone who has read my past trip reports will recall certain incidentS...

A nutty thing or two happened on our trip, something I never thought I'd see! Hope ya keep reading!

Very exciting! Can't wait to hear the rest!!

Day one!

The Bossy Family takes on Mr Mob

Wonder squared has been completed!

So let's start with the Great Passport Fiasco of 2015 AKA Leyla didn't bother to see if her passport was valid until 8 days before we left. :headache: Dun dun dunnnnnnn! Hey, this stuff happens~ what can you do? I have a British passport so after a sleepless night that involved a losing fight with my kitchen chair and (shamefully) a floor throwdown (with myself) I spent the next day on the phone with the British consulate and DCL. Now I did try to read the info on the website in regards to passports etc but my mind was not able to comprehend the words because of the explosives contained. The words literally swam in from of my face.... Anyhoodallyho~ just an FYI, you only need your Resident Alien or green card. So the reason I made the mistake was that 10 years ago I *thought* I got said passport and green card at the same time. I can barely remember what I had for breakfast so, really? As it turns out they are both July but one exp. 2014 the other 2015. The Wonderful DCL agent that I spoke to said "let's turns those tears of sadness into tears of happiness" Crap. That made me cry even more! :sad: Tears of relief? Tears of a dumba**?

Onward to the airport! :drive: Checkin was a breeze, our flights left on time. All good signs! I was able to use miles to upgrade us to first class so we could fly like the fancypants we're not. Gotta love them free dinks, vacation style! Wish I could fly like that all the time but have been able to do it a few times with miles. I justify the cost because they are work trips and I'm not paying for that ticket, just the upgrade.

We made it to a balmy Miami, grabbed a bite to eat in the airport before heading to our hotel. I booked the Red Roof Plus Miami. More like Red Roof Minus. Gross. But it'll do for 12 hours. The kids bombed it down to the pool and when they came back Pierre and Bella hit up the packie. Gotta get our drink sitch sorted, right?! Apparently they crossed a highway and blah blah blah. Ugh, I worry about the decisions they make. I told him to get me some Skinnygirl Margarita and the guy looked at him weird so he said he wanted to get all skinny like a girl.

So we were all up and raring to go early. Went downstairs to catch some breakfast. HAAAA what a joke. Some of the rudest most ghetto people were hanging out at the RRP I tell ya! I had to walk away. Oh, apparently my kids made a bet about how many times I would say "OMG are you guys super excited?!" Or "OMG are you guys super pumped?!":chat: and the like. They kept laughing at me. Bella in selfie mode. First of the day.

A few hours later we called the taxi and were off! FYI the taxi from the airport to the ship port was about $26. I like to know that kind of stuff so I'm passing it on!

We got there about 10:15 for a PAT of 11.

Dropped our bags off and stood inline to get in, we were only about 20 people back! Not bad, not bad!! Check in was super fast and we were given Group 4. We saw Mickey :sail: was coming out for pictures and were second inline for that! Pretty quickly we were on the boat having our name called!

Our first official picture!

Last edited:

Day one part 2

We decided to go straight down to Parrot Cay for some lunch. Pierre was dying over the prime rib, Cooper had the BEST mac'n'cheese and Bella made herself sick over meatballs and pasta. I ran over to guest services and asked about wifi. Signed up for the 50 free megabytes (1 block per adult) which prolly equated to 3 hrs internet use total, just a guess tho. The kids were arguing about wifi after I found out that if we get a larger package only ONE person can be logged on at a time. This is another FYI! I said they can each get the smaller one and I'll get the med one. Bella used up her 50 free and is on her small. Monday was her birthday "OMG MOM, I'll offend my friends who txt me happy birthday and leave me messages. I MUST GET INTERNET!!!"

Cooper was already wanting to just sit in the room.

The pouty lips and sorry face will be at your viewing pleasure anytime you please. Le sigh.

Bella and I floated around and Cooper went with Pierre to the sports deck.

At 1:30 we went to the room & I unpacked my day bag. By the time I was done with that our suitcases arrived. CLEARLY we all forgot how small our room was. Plus my kids each grew a good 1-2 feet. Pierre possibly has too.... 214 sq. feet is kinda jammed for the 'rents and two teens. The cases did fit under the bed, thankfully!

*INFO ON RENOVATIONS!*

We were in 2604 & they were working on the room next to us, across from us as well as a bunch of the them in our hallway. Ours was not yet done. You can see the wear and tear but hey. That's life! Let's call it character. When I was sat on deck I could see wear rust in random spots. Also in bathrooms.

After I was unpacked and Pierre came back with Coop we decided to go to the pool for a bit and let the kids explore. Bella was super excited to hit up the clubs and Cooper was super excited. To be Cooper. And start complaining all week.

I also went to Tritons to sign up for the Tastings. I thought they were $15 per person but he said only online. I really don't remember seeing where to book it online but they may have been. On the boat it was $20 each. We got Mixology and Tequila/Margarita. Hey it's still 5 drinks for $20 so not too bad!

We had brought our own alcohol and I limited us to 3 room drinks and 1 purchased drink per day. Pierre didn't think this was fair but with everything in our house needing major repairs right before the trip I was NOT going to be hit with a big bill for booze.

We stopped by the Sail Away Party for a few minutes

We all meet in the room and our rotation for dining is PTTAP. I did notice a table in
Tritons to rearrange your rotation but honestly, I wouldn't know what else I wanted.
Headed up to Parrot Cay and got seated in section 75.

Excuse the fact that I took a shot of Shutters photo.

Our main server was Manansomehingorother and the assistant server was Arman. Oh boy. Service was not good, unfortunately. They were both fairly inattentive, not funny, and just dull. They were good about Bella's dairy issue but that's about it. We had to wait 20 mins for our drink order to be taken, forget about how long til we actually got it! Same with the food. Which BTW was pretty good but everyone agreed that lunch was better there. I got a salad for my starter and a salad for my main course. Bella and I headed to the Walt Disney theater for the opening night show. It was pretty cute but holy moly I could not keep my eyes open! We did all take Dramamine but it was the less drowsy one. I'd hate to think how the drowsy one would make me feel! I went back to the room for some shut eye and Pierre and Cooper were in the the same boat. Bella came back about midnight after checking out the Vibe.

Next up, a rude awakening....

Last edited:
I'm here. :woohoo: Love that you took a pic of the Shutter's pics. :lmao: I did the same thing. ;)

I cannot believe how grown up the kids are. :faint: Selfie mode? Does that mode ever turn off? My 18 y/o is in a perpetual state of selfie mode.

Day one part 2

The pouty lips and sorry face will be at your viewing pleasure anytime you please. Le sigh.

At 1:30 we went to the room & I unpacked my day bag. By the time I was done with that our suitcases arrived. CLEARLY we all forgot how small our room was. Plus my kids each grew a good 1-2 feet. Pierre possibly has too.... 214 sq. feet is kinda jammed for the 'rents and two teens. The cases did fit under the bed, thankfully!

After I was unpacked and Pierre came back with Coop we decided to go to the pool for a bit and let the kids explore. Bella was super excited to hit up the clubs and Cooper was super excited. To be Cooper. And start complaining all week.

Cooper was already wanting to just sit in the room.

Great update! I just about died laughing about Cooper. I offer to post all bad attitude pictures on Facebook. I figure this is fuel for the wedding slideshow... I only have one almost 6 foot tall teenager and he barely fits in the room. I cannot imagine two! Sager justs likes to hang out in the room and order room service while watching movies. He is required at dinner and excursions. Can't wait for more Cooper stories. I sooo understand.

I'm here. :woohoo: Love that you took a pic of the Shutter's pics. :lmao: I did the same thing. ;)

I cannot believe how grown up the kids are. :faint: Selfie mode? Does that mode ever turn off? My 18 y/o is in a perpetual state of selfie mode.

Hollah!! I can't believe I forgot to buy the pic before we left :headache: The girls are beautiful so I guess they can't help BUT to selfie themselves ::yes:: :P

Great update! I just about died laughing about Cooper. I offer to post all bad attitude pictures on Facebook. I figure this is fuel for the wedding slideshow... I only have one almost 6 foot tall teenager and he barely fits in the room. I cannot imagine two! Sager justs likes to hang out in the room and order room service while watching movies. He is required at dinner and excursions. Can't wait for more Cooper stories. I sooo understand.

Hiya! Sounds like the boys would get along great! :charac2: They could commiserate together... I think I need to make a collage of all things pouty face related :upsidedow

Subscribed!!!

:welcome: Shannagins galore ahead!

You ready for the crazy?

After I woke up when Bella came in it took a bit to go back to sleep. It was my baby's 15 birthday!!! :bday:Reminisced til I nodded off.

And then at about 1:30 the speaker squawked me awake. :mic: "Attention, attention. Mr Mob on starboard side. Mr Mob on starboard side." Pierre woke up too and we both said what the heck, WHY are they making an announcement THAT loud at this time of night?!?!

I thought (half asleep) Mr Mob starboard side? Or was it Mr Mop? Holy crap MR MOB starboard side?!?! Mr Man Over Board?!?!? :sail: What the heck else would they say the side of the ship for? Moments later the engine shut off and Pierre, who was looking out the window, said we stopped. I jumped up to look outside and saw the water was still. We kept looking and oh em geezy, :eek::eek: there was something in the damn water! I thought it was the TV reflection but nope, you can see the real TV reflection in the second pic. Then I thought it was a crew member in the water looking for Mr Mob because it looked like someone paddling in a rope-wrapped life preserver.

Off to the left of our window I saw the bright yellow of a lifeboat and the kids were up by now.

Incredible.

I felt sick to my stomach at the thought of someone falling off the boat and immediately thought they must have been drunk or 7 feet tall or something. I really think you would have to try pretty darn hard OR be drunk and NOT try at all. The lifeboat kept getting closer and closer and the fam decided to go up on deck and see what was happening. They pulled MOB out of the water RIGHT OUTSIDE OF MY WINDOW! I did take a picture because I couldn't believe it was happening in front of me. Ive kinda been on the fence about posting BUT want to say that it speaks volumes about the teamwork and training of the amazing DCL staff. I bow down to them! :worship: AND if I'm ever Mr Mob? Will be saved by the hand of Mickey's men & women & God. First pic is unzoomed. Can you believe it?!

Close up of the man

How can you go to sleep after all that chaos? As it turns out Pierre found out he was on a raft from Cuba (announcement made following day) and they spotted a light so decided to pull out their monocles and Sherlock cap to investigate. Wow wow wow. Hats off to the crew, can't say it enough! I guess this makes Bella's birthday QUITE memorable.

When I got up, which was early, I sorted my FE gifts by floor and delivered to everyone on level 2. Our FE was stuffed to the brim! I got for the kids in each room, unless there was an adult. THEY got booze...plus a super cute Mickey Solo shot glass I made.

Boys- the well traveled passport needing cookies

Girls- super cute Mickey & Minnie nail decals ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

I wish I took a pic of the Solo shots cups I made! They had nips of something tropical included!

Bella wanted to get her :bday: Birthday Hat on so she and I headed down to the shops in Preludes. When we got there we saw Mickey and she was like a 5 year old. So funny. When there were just 2 families ahead of us the store opened so I ran in and got her hat. JUST so she could have Mickey realize it her her day. :yay:
And the CMs. :yay:And everyone else. :yay:

A girl with the mouse...

A bit later I wandered around with Mr Pouty Pants and we went into the spa for a tour. Coop was bummed he couldn't work out with the teens. BTW Vibe kids get a couple of nights blocked off in the gym. Bella LOVES working out.

Check out this before and after pic...

The girl who did our spa tour was so pretty I couldn't stop staring at her. She prolly thought I was weird but I couldn't help it. Anyways I saw a report Fran :wave: of franandaj fame had written and she took advantage of Alone Time. I was all about getting that info! I've had a few treatments done here before but Cooper was amazed Wish he was older so he could have used the facilities because he finally lit up and food wasn't even involved. The Alone Time room looked amazing, as did all the other ones. There was a woman having her hair foiled in the salon and what a view out the window! :cloud9: I'd never work or at the least there would be bleach bleed marks lol! Beautiful from South Africa gave us a couple of GoSmile samples, love me some freebies!

Our sea day was spent mostly chilling, or hotting I should say, by the adult pool. I kept hearing people talk about Mr Mob and piped into a few convos. Still blown away it happened outside of my room...:scared1: Cooper and I went to BBB for lunch. I had some salad with couscous on it, super good. So thinking back to all the trips we had taken over the years I really think Cooper has some kind of anxiety. He hates crowds and activities and other random things. Or says he'll do something and when it comes to it we hear "I never said I would do that" He is very popular in school and the funniest :crazy: :tongue: person I know so I'm always taken aback by how he is when we go away. :sad2: Ugh, he's so stubborn, you really can't make him do what he doesn't want to do. He was just diagnosed with ADHD and was put on Concerta, it's quite obvious when it wears off. My biggest fear would be that it would change his personality but he seems fine and I've already heard positive reports from his teachers. Anywhatever, I forgot to give it to him a few days while we were gone.

FYI I used the Navigator App on my phone all the time, definitely download it! You do not not need to get WIFI to use it, bonus! Heres a screen shot of a teen activity.

I went into Cove for my personal Drink of the Day. I wanted to try everything but which martini had the least amount of calories. I decided on the Acai drink mostly because it came with a free bracelet that was made out of dried Acai pods on an elastic. Freebie! Bella just walked out the door for school owning it. It was super good and I asked if I could borrow a magazine to read on deck. They have the plastic cover on them and was told to help myself!

Last edited:
We should "talk" sometimes about the boys. My DS was diagnosed with ADHD at 6 but the meds never helped until we tried and anxiety medication. So, he had a different diagnosis, but he is a much happier kid. We do an online homeschool academy do to a long term illness he had. He loves it. He gets to take his time and ask question when he does not understand. My DS is what we like to call a geek. He has a couple of good friends and is quite content. My DS makes vacations painful sometimes, too. I just tell to get over it and fake it for me. Bella was cracking me up only because I got to spend my 2014 on the ship and I wanted everyone to know too! It is fun to have a bday on board! For future reference, they usually have bloody mary's on sale in the mornings. I may or may not partake of one during morning Bingo. Looking forward to more fun.

We should "talk" sometimes about the boys. My DS was diagnosed with ADHD at 6 but the meds never helped until we tried and anxiety medication. So, he had a different diagnosis, but he is a much happier kid. We do an online homeschool academy do to a long term illness he had. He loves it. He gets to take his time and ask question when he does not understand. My DS is what we like to call a geek. He has a couple of good friends and is quite content. My DS makes vacations painful sometimes, too. I just tell to get over it and fake it for me. Bella was cracking me up only because I got to spend my 2014 on the ship and I wanted everyone to know too! It is fun to have a bday on board! For future reference, they usually have bloody mary's on sale in the mornings. I may or may not partake of one during morning Bingo. Looking forward to more fun.

I know a few people who homeschool and they love it! I feel the same and did actually tell Coop to pretend, just for me LOL! Bella got a certificate from DCL but can't find it. Pierre did as well bc it was his 50th. I forgot that I told our TA and she must have put it on the ressie. I wish I liked Bloody Mary's! I'm more of a Margarita kind of girl. I did 2 tastings that were fabulous, loads and loads of pics coming up! Wish I did Bingo! My coworker had a client that did a cruise on some other line recently. Not only did she win the trip in the first place but she played in the casino and won about $2000! Isn't that fantastic?! Are you doing a pretrippie?

Last edited:
I saw my girlfriend yesterday who did the same exact cruise as us 2 weeks prior. It was in the 60s the whole time and they were not able to dock at Castaway Cay so went to Nassau instead. I was telling her about the MOB and she said they helped a crew of 7 Cuban refugees! They were on a Gilligan's Island type of raft and had to be tethered to the Wonder with a barge on the other side. I guess they need to be careful about the possibility of piracy or there could be a REAL Pirates in the Carribbean party!

So Cooper has strep, tested positive on Wed and Pierre has pneumonia. Ugh, trying to keep them away so I don't get the germs! Bella messed up her knee and has to see the specialist this week. Everything went nuts when we came home, we should leave again, right?!

Yay can't wait to read more! We are doing this trip next February with a 15 year old and an 8 year old, so I'm loving hearing about your older kids enjoying it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter