The best thing I ever ate... WDW style!

We had heard wonderful things about this dessert, but when we tried it in February we weren't very impressed. :sad2:

In 2008, it was positively sinful! So, so good! Our wonderful server even gave me the recipe - like I'll ever make it here at home! LOL! (He obviously thought I was a better cook than I really am!)

In 2009, we had a baby, so we didn't make it to WDW that year. In 2010, we just went to WDW for 1 day in the middle of a beach vacation. So, in 2011, when we finally made it back, I couldn't wait to try the Chocolate Wave again. What a disappointment!

It was still good, but nothing like it was in 2008.

(In fact, the whole Coral Reef experience was NOTHING like when we'd eaten there in 2008 - our server was horrible, my fish was burnt, it was loud...)

I think i gain 5 lbs reading this thread!:cool1:. First,i have seen so many things i want to try the french onion soup from BOG,and the pizza from Via Napoli. I wanted to add some of my Fav's. The hot and sour soup (simpley the best i ever had) i usualy order two cups! from nine Dragons and there Kung po chicken. From AK, the green bean apptizer. My DS does not like green beans but he eats theres, so very good. From there CS around the corner, the Mongoilean beef its a great deal to. Biergarten can I say the whole Buffet, i always make my ADR before the firework show, so then after dinner i can sit back relax and let dinner settel under the best show at WDW.

Many contenders, but my absolute favorite has been a seared salmon I had at Captain's Grille (YC). My wife had it too and we both agreed that it set the standard for salmon. Whenever we have salmon anywhere, we always compare it to that dinner and none have come close since.

Real Japanese wagyu beef at the Chef's Table at V&A. It was also once served at one of the first V&A Signature Dinners of the F&W Festival. Unbelievably unctious is the only way I can think to describe it. We were chatting with Chef Tom about how amazing it was and were surprised to learn there are 5 grades and V&A was serving something like Grade 3 as I recall. I commented that it was hard to imagine what a Grade 5 might taste like, given how amazing what we ate was.

No pictures. Sorry.

Alas, I don't think the real wagyu from Japan is offered at V&A these days. It was "Kobe-style" from Australia last time we dined there.

a PP mentioned the lava cake at Cali Grill

Did you ever have it in December?????????????????? OMG

They serve it with a peppermint Ice Cream :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Its like eating a York Peppermint Patty only on steroids and much more delectable

Entree - The Filet with Cream Cheese Mashed potatoes at Le Cellier (potatoes in place of the risotto). The filet is always delicious...but the mashed potatoes...I wanted to LICK the plate. I don't think it helped I was big and pregnant.

Breakfast item - Puffed French Toast at Crystal Palace

Drink - Pina Colada non-alcoholic smoothie that they used to have at Chef Mickey's (not sure if they still do.) Close second being the raspberry thing they used to have at Le Cellier.

Dessert - Sticky Toffe Pudding at Rose and Crown. YUM. Looking forward to trying the Bread and Butter pudding at Raglan Rd.!

Snack - Dole Whip. I know I like them, but I always have this moment when I get my first one of the trip, and I think "I forgot how GOOD these really are."

This thread is making me SO hungry.
:rolleyes:

Oh, that's great! I thought I had read somewhere that not ordering full meals or at least an entree was frowned upon. :confused3 Sounded kinda silly to me.
Some servers do have attitude and that for me will determine the tip! I'm generous if treated well! We frequently order drinks and several appetizers for the table to share, this allows us to then maybe have dessert or even head elsewhere for something else. At the price Disney or better restaurants like Bluezoo etc. charge for drinks and apppetizers, with the 6-8 of us, the servers make bank, if they treat us well!

You pay, you eat and drink what you want!

DH and I were chatting about this and we both agreed on these two:

The Chicken & Corn Chowder at Boma. Until the first moment we laid lips on that amazing stuff we always thought of soup as kind of meh...as a place holder while you waited for the REAL part of the meal. But holy heck that first taste made us total believers in the power of soup. I wish I could crawl into the pot and live there!

The other dish is the Cheese Spaetzel and the meatballs in gravy at the Beirgarten. I was so skeptical about this whole restaurant...I was under the impression (after a very unfortunate saurbraten related incident at a local German place) that I HATED German food. One mouthful of that spaetzel...or as I like to think of it, cheesy German crack...and I was hooked. Like a gastronomical epiphany!

Of all the many and varied and AMAZING meals we've had at WDW, those two dishes are the ones that I remember in full vivid color. Steaks are steaks and burgers are burgers. Even the supremely good ones just run together in my mind, not particularly standing out. But these two dishes were unique with flavors I never expected.

Visit me and I will give you a Sauerbraten you will never forget... ;-)

a PP mentioned the lava cake at Cali Grill

Did you ever have it in December?????????????????? OMG

They serve it with a peppermint Ice Cream :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Its like eating a York Peppermint Patty only on steroids and much more delectable

YES!!! I'm a huge lover of all things peppermint, so this only magnified my love for the cake. :love:

I wonder that noone has mentioned the ZEBRA DOMES at Boma.
I love them!

I wonder that noone has mentioned the ZEBRA DOMES at Boma.
I love them!

I was just thinking about Boma and the watermelon rind salad and the good, tastes like liquid pie (sweet) butternut squash soup.

Mmmmmm.....Boma......(insert Homer Simpson drooling noise here)

I was just thinking about Boma and the watermelon rind salad and the good, tastes like liquid pie (sweet) butternut squash soup. Mmmmmm.....Boma......(insert Homer Simpson drooling noise here)

I agree, I have to pace myself! We are "soup" people ( carrot ginger, roasted tomato, lentil)! Between the many soups and salads (cilantro lime dressing), the meats come last, if I still have room!!

Zebra Cakes, a bit dry for me, but Boma's bread pudding with the 2 sauces, sinful!

Visit me and I will give you a Sauerbraten you will never forget... ;-)

That's the problem. I would LOVE to forget the sauerbraten I had that night, but the horrifying taste is seared into my memory. I don't care for the "sauer". I don't think I had a bad sauerbraten...I think I just don't like sauerbraten. My husband loved it.

The best thing I ever ate at WDW was a Butterfinger Cupcake from Starring Rolls in DHS. It's a chocolate cupcake with a vanilla creme center and rolled in crushed Butterfinger toffee. Heaven in a muffin wrapper.

butterfingercupcake_zps05b37370.jpg

The best thing I ever ate at WDW was a Butterfinger Cupcake from Starring Rolls in DHS. It's a chocolate cupcake with a vanilla creme center and rolled in crushed Butterfinger toffee. Heaven in a muffin wrapper.

butterfingercupcake_zps05b37370.jpg

This is actually one of my fiance and I's must-try's for our upcoming trip in December. It looks ginormous! :scared1:

Some servers do have attitude and that for me will determine the tip! I'm generous if treated well! We frequently order drinks and several appetizers for the table to share, this allows us to then maybe have dessert or even head elsewhere for something else. At the price Disney or better restaurants like Bluezoo etc. charge for drinks and apppetizers, with the 6-8 of us, the servers make bank, if they treat us well!

You pay, you eat and drink what you want!

Exactly! In 2010 DH & I went to CG just for sushi & dessert & waiter got an attitude, brought us a bowl of goldfish like they give the kids.. DH let him know right then & there he was loosing more tip with that attitude we had planned on tipping well since it was our decision to just get sushi & dessert... He was back peddling the rest of our meal..

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Exactly! In 2010 DH & I went to CG just for sushi & dessert & waiter got an attitude, brought us a bowl of goldfish like they give the kids.. DH let him know right then & there he was loosing more tip with that attitude we had planned on tipping well since it was our decision to just get sushi & dessert... He was back peddling the rest of our meal..

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Sushi = entree
Dessert = Dessert

What more did that waiter want? you to order!

Had lots of yummy things but at the moment the peanut butter and jelly milkshake from 50s Prime Time is calling my name!

Let me start by saying that I've not had the privilege of dining at a lot of the restaurants that WDW has to offer. That being said, one dish stands above the rest in my mind...the Four Cheese Pesto pizza from WPE at DTD. Parmesan , mozzarella, fontina, and goat cheeses...tomatoes and fresh basil AHHH!!! And the crust...the CRUST!!! Soooo good!! I crave this pizza on a regular basis and can't wait until I can sink my teeth into another slice of it's cheesy perfection! Only 125 more days to go!!!

OH MY GOSH! :)! I had this pizza in 2008 and had forgotten all about it until you mentioned it. It was sooo good!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter