The best thing I ever ate... WDW style!

ucncallmeflwr

Earning My Ears
Okay, so I'm brand spankin' new to posting on the board, but am a long (long, long, long) time lurker. I'm also the biggest Food Network nerd ever. If you are too then I'm sure you've seen the show The best thing I ever ate [insert specific food category here].
Let's make it happ'n cap'n!

Rules --

1.) Must be hands down THE best thing you've ever eaten at the World. I know it's tough, but reach deep down inside yourself and let us all know what you just absolutely could not go on living without knowing this piece of yum exists.

2.) If possible, insert a picture of the item you're professing your undying love for.

3.) Let us know where you can get it!

4.) Reminisce about the very first time you ever had this item (A.K.A. The day you started living). Were you celebrating anything special?

Here goes!

The BEST thing I ever ate at Disney was the Valrhona Chocolate Cake at California Grill.

valrhona_zps86b302b3.jpg

My now-fiance had just proposed to me on the breezeway, and our waiter (Ron) was absolutely incredible-Maybe this had a little something to do with it! The cake was absolute HEAVEN. It was all warm and full of molten ooey-gooey-melty goodness. :cloud9:

The best thing I ever ate at WDW is the French onion soup at Chefs de France:

7455058646_ba59d6f9b9.jpg

I wonder if the soup at Be Our Guest is the same recipe? I imagine it is, and that's a good thing because then there would be two places to get the most delicious thing at WDW.

Anyway, my wife and I married at WDW last June, and we Disneymooned it up. She, too, loved the soup.

Lots of contenders!!

For me it's still Pigs and Prawns at Papeete Bay Verandah in 1975. Three huge slices of pork tenderloin and 4 huge tempura shrimp! Yum!

And the appetizer was scallops in a coconut/lime sauce. Must have been 7 or 8 scallops.

Would post pics except I'm not sure digital cameras had been invented yet:):)

The Truffle Mac & Cheese at Yachtsmen SteakHouse

Link to picture!!! I got the recipe to try at home too :)

http://yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com/2012/10/yachtsmen-steakhouse-review.html

We were at YSH for our 2nd anniversary. It was a very nice meal but the mac & cheese still stays in my mind to this day. I couldn't even complete words after trying the mac & chz! My hubby agreed it was AMAZING.

If you are a mac & Cheese person you NEEEEEED to try it. They bring it out in this cute iron skillet.

The best thing I ever ate at WDW is the French onion soup at Chefs de France:

7455058646_ba59d6f9b9.jpg

I wonder if the soup at Be Our Guest is the same recipe? I imagine it is, and that's a good thing because then there would be two places to get the most delicious thing at WDW.

Anyway, my wife and I married at WDW last June, and we Disneymooned it up. She, too, loved the soup.

I have read reviews where folks have been disappointed in the onion soup at BoG. It is vegatarian, so a vegtable based broth, not a beef based broth.

It has got to be Yak and Yeti Wanton Dessert - simply yummy

PS - this is my very first photo post ever (I watched the Tutorial) so I hope that it works

Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie at Rose & Crown a couple of years ago. Loved it. Made it at home that year for Thanksgiving.....it's great the day of, but not as leftovers....

No pictures but my have to must have in these categorys are

Appetizer-Portebello soup @ Artist Point

Entree- Filet w/ risotto- LeCellier

Dessert- never have I had one I didnt like in all of WDW...but Ragland Road's Bread Pudding Winnner!!!

Best Breakfast- Tusker House breakfast, I like everything there...

Best Counter Service- Flame TreeBBQ- pulled pork and chicken.

1. There was some sort of Mexican dish with a tomatillo sauce prepared by Chef Rick Bayless for a special event during one of the earlier Food & Wine Festivals. That was the best thing ever.

2. Got no photo, sorry.

3. You can't get it. That was a one-time thing. Maybe if you go to Chicago and eat at one of his restaurants.

4. First time was the last time.

I wonder if the soup at Be Our Guest is the same recipe? I imagine it is

It is not. Be Our Guest's soup is made with vegetable stock and is thereby vegetarian (not vegan because of the cheese); the soup at Chefs de France is made with beef stock and possibly chicken stock as well.

There are probably lots but I went with the first thing that popped in my head...so it has to be the Proscuitto e Melone pizza from Via Napoli in Epcot.:thumbsup2

via-proc-pizza-inside.jpg

via-prosciutto-e-melon-pizza-one.jpg

(feel free to check out full review with lots of photos if you haven't already done so):goodvibes - Our Via Napoli Yummy Review

Best Overall

Grilled Wild Boar Tenderloin - with Mealie Pap, Chakalaka, White Truffle Oil and Micro Cilantro $16.00

DSCN1237_zpsc1553803.jpg

Runner Up X2

Grilled Bone-in Ribeye with wild mushroom risotto, white truffle butter sauce

DSCN1130_zps98ba6a0b.jpg

Our Signature Flying Fish Café Caramelized Banana Napoleon - crisp phyllo, banana mousse, creme caramel, exotic fruit coulis and bitter chocolate $8.00

DSCN0891_zpse466f09c.jpg

We were at WDW this last February and there were two dishes that really stood out for me. The absolute best, "thought I died and went to heaven dish" was the grilled Mahi Mahi at Coral Reef in Epcot. I thought it was the best Mahi Mahi I ever had. But I will add that my sister had the same dish and she thought there was a weird spice in it. I didn't notice it.

disney_epcot_coral_reef_09.jpg

The second item we "pigged out" on was the marinated shrimp on the dinner buffet at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. The shrimp was really delicious that night. There were other people at the restaurant that night who felt the same way, since the shrimp kept disappearing that night. :) In general Cape May has always had good food and it is our favorite dinner buffet. We are going there twice on our nice trip. :thumbsup2

What a good idea!

The best thing I've ever had in the World was the Bailey's and Jack Daniel's mousse from Coral Reef in Epcot. My sister and I first had it in January and agreed it was by fair the best food of the trip!

8673226570_18b52c12cc.jpg

A Michigan Blueberry Souffle at CG they used to have a souffle oven & had a souffle of the day.

Kae

The best thing I have ever had at Disney was the Signature Flying Fish Café Caramelized Banana Napoleon. There is a pic of it a few posts above mine.

That whole meal rated as the best meal I have ever had at Disney... and that is saying a lot because we have had some wonderful food on our trips.

A few of my favorites are:

1.) Sanaa-Sustainable Fish (Yummy!)

2.) Le Cellier-Filet with risotto (I know alot of people don't think it's great, but I don't care, I do!)

3.) Flyin Fish-Salmon

Best Overall

Grilled Wild Boar Tenderloin - with Mealie Pap, Chakalaka, White Truffle Oil and Micro Cilantro $16.00

Runner Up X2

Grilled Bone-in Ribeye with wild mushroom risotto, white truffle butter sauce

Our Signature Flying Fish Café Caramelized Banana Napoleon - crisp phyllo, banana mousse, creme caramel, exotic fruit coulis and bitter chocolate $8.00

I 100% agree with you on the wild boar tenderloin! I have searched and searched online for the recipe, but haven't been able to find anything even close. Hands down best dish! Going back in August and dining at Jiko specifically to get this dish!

In 25 vacations at WDW, my top item remains the wagyu beef upgrade at Victoria & Alberts.

2nd is probably this peanut butter dessert bar that was a special one night at bluezoo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter