The best thing I ever ate... WDW style!

A few of my favorites are:

1.) Sanaa-Sustainable Fish (Yummy!)

2.) Le Cellier-Filet with risotto (I know alot of people don't think it's great, but I don't care, I do!)

3.) Flyin Fish-Salmon

I agree the Le Cellier filet is the best Ive ever had :)

I have two.. It actually took me quite awhile to narrow it down..lol
Both can be found for lunch at LTT

The freedom pasta and the ooeey gooey toffee cake!

Have this booked for lunch on our first day of our Sept trip!

Sorry I don't have a pic but my favorite was the Pork tenderloin over polenta at California Grill. It was awesome. The pork was so tender, the polenta so creamy.
OP my close second was the Valrhona chocolate cake like the one you have pictured, only mine was served with a dark cherry ice cream. The whole thing was the bomb!

Holiday Turkey from Earl of Sandwich.

Mine didn't look as good, but it was all about the taste!
eos-2012holiday-turkeysandwich-web-seccall-255x143.jpg

I have read reviews where folks have been disappointed in the onion soup at BoG. It is vegatarian, so a vegtable based broth, not a beef based broth.

Bummer. I think we'll try it anyway just for comparison's sake. Thanks for the info!

The lamb shank at Kouzzina's. OMG!!! Fall of the bone, succulent, melt in your mouth goodness. Large portion - because once it hits the table everybody wants to taste. I have enough to share and fully enjoy it myself. A must every trip to Disney. I'm going back in 16 days. I'll post a pic when I return.

I'm already not working and surfing the Disboards. Now I have to sit and think about all this delicious food everyone is talking about on this thread.

Let me start by saying that I've not had the privilege of dining at a lot of the restaurants that WDW has to offer. That being said, one dish stands above the rest in my mind...the Four Cheese Pesto pizza from WPE at DTD. Parmesan , mozzarella, fontina, and goat cheeses...tomatoes and fresh basil AHHH!!! And the crust...the CRUST!!! Soooo good!! I crave this pizza on a regular basis and can't wait until I can sink my teeth into another slice of it's cheesy perfection! Only 125 more days to go!!!

Appetizer Category: Tuna Tartare at Bluezoo/Steak Tartare at Shula's (can't decide)

Entree: The Pork Chop served with potato Hash at the Brown Derby, made me a new believer!

Best Dessert: Bread & Butter Pudding at Ragland's

More favorites!!

This may be a weird one, but I was never a fan of grits until I had these at the Wave breakfast buffet, absolutely amazing (if you ever thought grits could be:lmao:...
wave-bowl-grits.jpg

Full Review of The Wave breakfast

FF's Chardonnay-steamed Martha's Vineyard Mussels - the best mussels ANYWHERE!!! ...the sauce is just heaven!!!
ff-mussels-halforder.jpg

Full Review of FF

1. There was some sort of Mexican dish with a tomatillo sauce prepared by Chef Rick Bayless for a special event during one of the earlier Food & Wine Festivals. That was the best thing ever.

2. Got no photo, sorry.

3. You can't get it. That was a one-time thing. Maybe if you go to Chicago and eat at one of his restaurants.

4. First time was the last time.

It is not. Be Our Guest's soup is made with vegetable stock and is thereby vegetarian (not vegan because of the cheese); the soup at Chefs de France is made with beef stock and possibly chicken stock as well.

His cooking is AMAZING. I've eaten at both Topolobampo and at Frontera Grill and this sounds like a dish he has on the menu at Frontera. NOM. His cookbooks are solid and easy to follow. I bet you could approximate it at home if you had the will, desire, and understanding that it would be great, though likely not the perfection you remember.

My contender is Cold Fried Chicken at Aunt Polly's Dockside diner on Tom Sawyer Island. It was the kind of fried chicken that was made to be eaten cold, with breading that stayed crispish even when chilled and was just the right mix of salty and peppery. I have a feeling it was made all the better by the setting--sitting on the dock of this tranquil little island in the middle of all the hubbub.

I don't think they have it on the menu anymore, but the best thing at any Disney restaurant was the Gateau of Crab appetizer at Citricos. They had it both of our past 2 trips, and I think they had it on the menu for years before that. :sad1::sad1::sad1:h. Sorry no picture :(

...might need to start another thread on..."the best thing I ever ate at Disney... that you can't get anymore"...:goodvibes

OP posted mine, the chocolate lava cake at California Grill, DS and I still talk about it five years later, have tried it many other places, even tried making it, just not the same.

On the savory side, salmon at Le Cellier, it was the first time I tried it and started my love affair with Salmon, it is now my favorite food, have a pic but not with me, it was so good, I had it two more times that trip, yummy!

OP posted mine, the chocolate lava cake at California Grill, DS and I still talk about it five years later, have tried it many other places, even tried making it, just not the same.

On the savory side, salmon at Le Cellier, it was the first time I tried it and started my love affair with Salmon, it is now my favorite food, have a pic but not with me, it was so good, I had it two more times that trip, yummy!

Absolutely by far the most luscious thing ever! It's a shame we're on a budget for our next trip, otherwise CG would be on the tip-top of my to-do list just for that cake. Hmm.. I wonder what they'd think if we showed up just for dessert and a little champagne?

Absolutely by far the most luscious thing ever! It's a shame we're on a budget for our next trip, otherwise CG would be on the tip-top of my to-do list just for that cake. Hmm.. I wonder what they'd think if we showed up just for dessert and a little champagne?

We actually made an ADR for our last night at like 9:30 and were planning to do that, sadly it didn't work out because we were traveling with extended family for a Grand Gathering, but DO IT, I plan to on our next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter