The Bahamian Rum Runners! May 18, 2012 - 5 Nights on the Magic!

Does anyone have any idea if they will allow our oldest DD (she is 23) to join in on the college aged fun? She is still in college and has at least another year and a half to go. Who would have thought getting a degree in elementary special ed was so involved?

I know she would probably enjoy hanging out but wasn't sure if they would let someone 2 years older join in?

I am 26 and still in college. Going for a degree in history/secondary education. Its a ton of work im going to need this vacation

navigator says 18 to 21 but in think they were just trying to set something up for the young adults that cant go in the bars yet.

This was posted under the Diversions Nightclub page:

College Club Social
Attention all 18- to 25-year-olds! Join the fun at this onboard party created just for you.

FWIW, I suppose any young 20-something who wanted to join in could do so. Some may have graduated but are still of the mind-set and attitudes.

I am 26 and still in college. Going for a degree in history/secondary education. Its a ton of work im going to need this vacation

A kindred spirit! My BA is in history and I was working on a doctorate in adult education and history before 9/11 derailed me and I never finished.

Welcome to the bunch citrus! :)

DH called this morning to find out what movies are playing and the lady told us the following:

Avengers, Chimpanzee, John Carter (2d and 3d), War Horse, The Muppets, Real Steel, The Help, Winnie the Pooh, Cars 2, Gnomeo and Juliet, Tangled and Toy Story 3 popcorn::

This was posted under the Diversions Nightclub page:

College Club Social
Attention all 18- to 25-year-olds! Join the fun at this onboard party created just for you.

FWIW, I suppose any young 20-something who wanted to join in could do so. Some may have graduated but are still of the mind-set and attitudes.

Thanks so much! Not sure if either of my girls will want to participate in that but it is nice knowing they both can.

Now I just have to find a way to let DH down easy. He is working on his PhD and might want to try to sneak in there with our girls if they go. (j/k)

I can hear Emily now... "Dad! You're such a creeper!" :rotfl:

A kindred spirit! My BA is in history and I was working on a doctorate in adult education and history before 9/11 derailed me and I never finished.

Never to late to try it again.. but I think I remember you saying you would have to start all over again? That would really stink.

DH called this morning to find out what movies are playing and the lady told us the following:

Avengers, Chimpanzee, John Carter (2d and 3d), War Horse, The Muppets, Real Steel, The Help, Winnie the Pooh, Cars 2, Gnomeo and Juliet, Tangled and Toy Story 3 popcorn::

WooHoo! Thanks for posting this! Our family has been counting down for the Avengers movie!

I also have a 19 year old son (turns 20 a couple of days after the cruise -- still can't believe I'll have a 20 year old...) who plans on being at the first meetings for the 18-21 (24?) crowd. He plans on having a great time no matter what (finals will be over), so at least he's got a positive attitude!

GREAT choices!!!! DH and I will surely have our butts firmly planted in the theater watching The Avengers...over and over and over again :lmao:

Just caught up on about two weeks of our thread ... been checking the FB chatter, but have been too busy to keep up here. I've also joined the ranks of one who is detailing our vacation plans to my co-workers. :lmao:

Our DD (5) has started asking us every day if tomorrow is cruise ship day. Also, they had career day today in her Pre-K class and she wanted to dress up as Minnie Mouse. I told her no, but now I'm thinking maybe I should have let her.

I'm loving all the RUM-related posts and ma very much looking forward to drinking some RUM with you fun-loving people.

I used to see all the threads on disboards here with people wondering what movies will be playing and think it just didnt make sense. Now all I can think is wow Avengers and John Carter will be playing. Anyone know if Avengers is in 3d?

I used to see all the threads on disboards here with people wondering what movies will be playing and think it just didnt make sense. Now all I can think is wow Avengers and John Carter will be playing. Anyone know if Avengers is in 3d?

I'm looking forward to watching the Avengers since it is just coming out and I probably won't have time to see it before the cruise. I'd be interested to watch John Carter again (though it seemed to have bombed in the theaters).

looking at my son's preschool calender and the one day he is missing while he is on the cruise (he goes tues and thurs) pooh will be visiting. :(

It's getting closer - so excited!

Sent a request to join the FB group - name is Sandy Schubert. Also interested in the group meet! :)

It's getting closer - so excited!

Sent a request to join the FB group - name is Sandy Schubert. Also interested in the group meet! :)

Everyone is welcome to the group meet and greet at the Promenade Lounge at 3pm.

If you're arriving at the terminal early, look for some nut in a Mad Hatter hat and a bright yellow t-shirt saying "Where did all the rum go?". That will be where the Bahamian Rum Runners are gathering.

Everyone is welcome to the group meet and greet at the Promenade Lounge at 3pm.

If you're arriving at the terminal early, look for some nut in a Mad Hatter hat and a bright yellow t-shirt saying "Where did all the rum go?". That will be where the Bahamian Rum Runners are gathering.

What time r u going to be there? Hopefully we'll be on one of the first busses over from the airport so we might miss u

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter