• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Bahamian Rum Runners! May 18, 2012 - 5 Nights on the Magic!

Day 2

Day2_1.jpg

Day2_2.jpg

Day2_3.jpg

Day2_5.jpg

So I feel like an idiot- when I first went on this thread I thought it was just a list of who's on board, kinda a meet and say hi thing.. I did not realize by adding our family to the list we were signed up for gifts and such.. Am I misunderstanding still? Can someone clarify? I'm not trying to be hatefull, we are not prepared to exchange gifts and would feel very bad if people were expecting something. I guess this lack of knowledge comes from being a cruise newb, and not researching!

You kinda solved something, actually...
EVERYONE JUST RELABEL THEIR THEHANNAS FAMILY GIFT TO DVC BLAIR

and problem solved!

I'll fix the FE list and update the 4shared.

I noticed that AFTER I had his name written on his FE gift... so I just kinda squeezed the z in there hoping no one would notice. ;)

Hey... at least I am honest about it.

It's all good. The Fe gift I made uses the Fe list. I made 30 and then my wife noticed the typo when I showed her the finished product. Felt like dirt when I didn't even notice my own child's name was spelled wrong

and problem solved!

You guys are awesome! Thanks again for letting us join in late. I am so excited! I talked to DH yesterday (he's out in the middle of the ocean somewhere.) I told him all about the FE - he's excited too!

I just finished making my FE today! Gifts are taken care of too! I'm ready to pack. :/ I guess that might be a little too early to start! It's not even May yet!

BTW - not to get confused... there will be 3 pockets on my FE - but my DD will not be on the cruise. I know this will not be our last, so I didn't want to remake another one! My mother already asked me about another child... in that case... mommy and daddy will share a pocket! Grandparents!!! They always want more!!

Thanks so much for fixing it and understanding!! Special thanks for DVC Jen for mentioning passing the FE gifts to Blair! See you guys on the cruise!!

and problem solved!

Phew, I was getting stressed as I didn't have any extra gifts! (I bought some stuff a long time ago, and just happened to get the exact amount that was needed (and I was thinking "Man, I"m good!!!!) so when DVC Blair came on, I felt :scared1: (not that i'm not glad your joining us, because the more the merrier! lol!)

Welcome aboard Crafty Ott! This is a wild fun bunch! :banana: :drinking1

DVC Blair, no, it's not to early to pack! We're in 2 suitcases completed/fully packed and am working on the 3rd... :upsidedow:;)

cruisinwithmaandpa, thank you for posting those... it makes me soooooooo ready to go!!! (as if i wasn't about to try to do cartwheels (there's a sight for sore eyes) down the street this week (it's the last week I'll be seeing my families I have for my job, this year... which is sad, but is also :banana: because it just means i'm closer to summer break and vacation and seeing all of you people!):woohoo:

Needless to say, I think my co-workers are ready for this trip to be over with so I'll quit talking about it :rotfl: but i want them to be as excited as i am!!

DVC Jen, the thing you posted on our 4shared about stealing is very cute! I've tried to put our names on most of our magnets I made, hoping that will not cause anyone to take them. I also have 4 pads of sticky notes packed away to leave notes on yall's doors, but hopefully nobody will mess with them either! I bought a dry erase board a while back (toy story of course!) and put it in my "cruise box" which i have absolutely no idea what I did with.... my mind is going places these days and I can't keep up! :dance3:

Don't forget new people, we also have a facebook group! :)

So I have a QOTD if that's okay with everyone... :goodvibes
Well, two questions actually...

1. How are you getting to the cruise? Planes, trains, automobiles... what's the plan?

2. Who's the planner in your family and how crazy of a planner is that person?

:cool1::woohoo::banana:21 Days!! :cool1::woohoo::banana:

1. How are you getting to the cruise? Planes, trains, automobiles... what's the plan?

Me, hubs, and sis in law are driving down from Myrtle Beach... leaving Thurs night after Jason's off work and probably stopping around Savannah somewhere, then finishing the trek in the morning. Mom in law, dad in law, and grandma in law are flying in that morning and taking the Cruise bus from MCO. (They BETTER be on that ship!)

I am the planner and am driving everyone *insane* but when everything is all spelled out for the 6 of us and we are all organized and have nothing to think about but relaxation, they'll know who to thank! :thumbsup2 Of course I was the same way with our wedding (newsletters, timelines, etc.) and everyone left their copies in Pennsylvania. :confused3

Phew, I was getting stressed as I didn't have any extra gifts! (I bought some stuff a long time ago, and just happened to get the exact amount that was needed (and I was thinking "Man, I"m good!!!!) so when DVC Blair came on, I felt :scared1: (not that i'm not glad your joining us, because the more the merrier! lol!)

Welcome aboard Crafty Ott! This is a wild fun bunch! :banana: :drinking1

DVC Blair, no, it's not to early to pack! We're in 2 suitcases completed/fully packed and am working on the 3rd... :upsidedow:;)

cruisinwithmaandpa, thank you for posting those... it makes me soooooooo ready to go!!! (as if i wasn't about to try to do cartwheels (there's a sight for sore eyes) down the street this week (it's the last week I'll be seeing my families I have for my job, this year... which is sad, but is also :banana: because it just means i'm closer to summer break and vacation and seeing all of you people!):woohoo:

Needless to say, I think my co-workers are ready for this trip to be over with so I'll quit talking about it :rotfl: but i want them to be as excited as i am!!

DVC Jen, the thing you posted on our 4shared about stealing is very cute! I've tried to put our names on most of our magnets I made, hoping that will not cause anyone to take them. I also have 4 pads of sticky notes packed away to leave notes on yall's doors, but hopefully nobody will mess with them either! I bought a dry erase board a while back (toy story of course!) and put it in my "cruise box" which i have absolutely no idea what I did with.... my mind is going places these days and I can't keep up! :dance3:

Don't forget new people, we also have a facebook group! :)

Thanks MrsPotatoHead for telling me about the facebook page! I just found it and requested to join. (Last name is Daniels for whomever is able to add me!)

I think it is totally awesome that you are working on your 3rd suitcase! Really, its smart, you won't forget anything hopefully! I have tried on much of my summer wardrobe to even see what fits... I've finally lost the baby weight so its like I have a whole new wardrobe again this summer! I've set some stuff aside in a spot in my closet. Other than that, I have a pile of paperwork in my office that needs to go with us. I guess I'm trying not to get too excited!

I think I'm driving my friends and workout buddies crazy too. I am trying to keep myself in check... but I've actually done cartwheels!! :laughing: I'll try not to drive you guys crazy too!

1. We will be flying down to Vero Beach on the 10th, go to Old Key West on the 14th. From there, we get a ride and pick up PA Disney Fan (Amy and co) at the Bay Lake Towers in a van and head to the terminal

2. I (Melissa/Mel) am the planner. I have a spreadsheet and a color coded calendar. I've even planned *surprises* on this trip. Only Taylor (DD19) knows the secrets. I like the planning almost as much as the trip itself.

1. We are flying on Wed and staying at Downtown Disney. Thursday we are in Daytona. We were supposed to fly home Friday but we think we will change our flights to Sunday. We already have non expire park hopper passes and might as well take advantage of that.

2. Obviously I am the planner. I love to plan parties and go all out for most of the holidays. After the cruise I will be focusing on DS2 wedding in November.

We are flying in the morning of. 5:40 am flight out of VA. :coffee: - speaking of, since we booked so late, when I filled out my online check-in stuff - the first available embarkation time was 1:30pm. If we get there earlier, what is the likelihood we'll be able to get on sooner? We get to Orlando super early. We fly out the day we get back. I left DD once before a while ago for 3 days. I couldn't do longer than 5 days without her... and DH's work schedule wouldn't allow it either.

I'm the planner. DH (love him to pieces) does nothing! It would never get done without me! We work well together because I'm OCD! I can do it my way!

Wow looking at the navigator's there is so much to do! i guess I didn't realize! Trivia looks like so much fun, i'm so afraid the people in my group are not going to want to do anything! No one has talked about anything they are going to do on the trip and its really stressing me out. Of course i'm stressed already because of school and its no fun not even being able to think about the cruise really because i need to get through 2 weeks of school!

We are flying down, originally we were going to do delta but they kept changing our flights so now we are doing southwest.

my boyfriend's dad plan's all the trips we go on with his family but i am the big planner. I just dont like to overstep myself when they are paying for the trip. Someday we willl get a trip just the two of us and then i will go crazy!

i havent started the FE gifts yet, well i have them done but i have to actually make them. im also freaking out about packing everything into my suitcase. going to have to defy some serious laws of physics to make that happen

#1.... automobile - driving from the Dallas area. We leave on the 15th and will get into Port Canaveral on the 17th. We have driven to WDW so many times I think I could do it with my eyes closes - well you know. ;)

#2. that would be me. I try my hardest to get the rest of the family involved but even getting ADR input from them is like pulling teeth sometimes. I wish they would get more excited about the planning but as long as they don't complain when they don't help (and so far they haven't) I can't really complain either.

we are flying down (finally booked flights last night:thumbsup2) and my wife and i are both planners i guess but we both stress out about different aspects of the trip

OK, FE gifts are redone, revision 7 :headache:, just have to use a machine at work to put them together. That and there are the adult FE gifts to do:rolleyes1

#1 - Flying down on Thursday morning. Staying at the Radisson near Port. Planning to go to Fish Lips or one of the other places to watch the ships go out that night. After the cruise we are spending a few nights at Port Orleans Riverside to just relax. No plans to do any of the parks - just hanging by the pool :cool2:

#2 - I am definately the planner. Spreadsheets are my friend :thumbsup2 My DH doesnt really give much input but expects me to have it all figured out. My DH and I went on our first cruise (non Disney) this past January and I was pleasantly surprised how relaxed he was with no schedule. We didn't do any excursions and just explored. Best trip :cool1: He has already informed me that he plans to "R & R" this trip as well. I figure my DS (15) will be doing his own thing most of the day so I will be having some fun time with my DD (20). :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter