The Bahamian Rum Runners! May 18, 2012 - 5 Nights on the Magic!

Here's the latest update... the color code is listed on top of the first picture to help. If you're in the "missing info" (darker blue) or "no answer" (light green) categories and would like to update/give me a definite yes or no, please PM me and I'll make updates! There are Excel and Word versions of this in our 4shared site too, so you can download before the cruise.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but we kinda decided upon 1 gift per family and a FE deadline of April 1.

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! (Since my Steelers are at home, I'm in it for the food and commercials!)

so this may be a dumb question, but i'm really curious... obviously we can't book palo ressies or anything until the 75 day marker since this is our first cruise, and the DH and I don't want to miss any of the main dining rooms so we can experience all of that, but I know that we'll want to eat at Palo as well.. so will the 4th and/or 5th night be the guaranteed repeat dining rooms/would I know I would be safe making sure it's one of those nights? Of course I'm not really sure when Pirate night would be either, and I don't want to miss the whole "shebang" for that that they apparently do in the dining room either. Any suggestions? :confused3

Also, yes we're doing a gift for each family (and maybe a little something extra for the people who have kiddos.. still working on that) and I haven't even started with my FE... the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking of eBay, or making one like a post I saw the other day with the tote bags she sewed together, because I'm no sewer and I need something easy, or pay somebody else to do it. :upsidedow

Does anybody know yet what time they are planning on checking in? We are still trying to work out all the kinks and what to do's and when to do them's pre-cruise and checking in, etc. Just curious to know what everyone else is doing! :) :grouphug:

We will probably also just do a gift for each family with maybe a few little extras tossed in for kids. ;)

Talked to my DDs and we are just going with one FE instead of one for each room.

I think when I told them they would have to come up with their own gifts to hand out instead of leaving it all up to Mom - they changed their minds and decided a family FE was a better choice. :lmao:

I am also thinking about ordering one from ebay or etsy. I am not very crafty and really HATE to sew. It is well worth it to me to spend a few extra dollars to get something I would not be embarrassed to have hanging by our door. ;)

Way to go - family beach or serenity?

I am really hoping we can get one on serenity but I can't book until the 18th. :(

Oh well - even if it doesn't work out for us we will still have a wonderful time.... or that should be MAGICal time. ;)

Serenity Bay - as of yesterday #20 was still available. Hopefully you can snag it and we can be neighbors. :)

Serenity Bay - as of yesterday #20 was still available. Hopefully you can snag it and we can be neighbors. :)

Ugh... only one left?

Oh well. I won't give up if I don't get it on the 18th I will keep checking every day and when we board. If I don't get one - I don't get one - we will deal and have that $ for something else. :)

I am trying to decide where to stay the night of the 17th. It is a toss up between the Radisson which we stayed at 6 years ago and the Country Inn and Suites. The Radisson will only give us free shuttle for 2 - not 4 as well as breakfast for 2 - not 4.

The Country Inn and Suites will do breakfast and shuttle for all 4 of us - but the packages are kind of deceptive. There is one for room+breakfast+shuttle and I was under the impression the breakfast is free at Country Inn and Suites???

Any opinions, thoughts or input from anyone else on which you like better?

Hello,
My husband David, 3 year old son Landon, 1 year old daughter Kelsey and I (amber) will also be joining you all! This is our first family cruise and we are SO excited!! We are staying at the Disney resort for 6 days before the cruise also :).

Oh and I forgot to mention we will be celebrating my 27th bday on the cruise also. Look forward to getting to know everyone on here!

Hello,
My husband David, 3 year old son Landon, 1 year old daughter Kelsey and I (amber) will also be joining you all! This is our first family cruise and we are SO excited!! We are staying at the Disney resort for 6 days before the cruise also :).

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the Gang!!!

This is getting to be a pretty big group!

so this may be a dumb question, but i'm really curious... obviously we can't book palo ressies or anything until the 75 day marker since this is our first cruise, and the DH and I don't want to miss any of the main dining rooms so we can experience all of that, but I know that we'll want to eat at Palo as well.. so will the 4th and/or 5th night be the guaranteed repeat dining rooms/would I know I would be safe making sure it's one of those nights? Any suggestions? :confused3

You could also book Palo on nights 1 or 2, in addition to nights 4 and 5. The only night that you will eat at a restaurant that won't be repeated is night 3.

RE: Pirate night, I don't know for sure, but my best guess is that it will be on the fourth night, when we sail from Nassau to Castaway Cay. This when they normally have it (Nassau to CC) because the boat needs to be sailing very slowly for the fireworks display and the distance between the two isn't very far.

Just curious.. does this mean that your parents aren't going to be doing it as well, or just you guys? I'm trying to keep my FE list up to date! :) :surfweb:

So I guess neither my mom or my sister (kali2007) will be doing it. Apparently, they wanted me to help them with there FE gifts but I just don't think I am going to have time. :confused3

Sorry for the confusion everyone, I hope we didn't mess everyone up too bad.

So only 101 days left! I am so excited! My son is also super excited! He asked yesterday if he could go ahead and pack already:boat:

I am starting to put together my list for the FE exchange- it is one gift total per room per night? or one total for the whole cruise per room?

we are in the throws of potty training my DD so that she can go tot he oceaneer's club- she turns 3 6 days before we sail. I have even resorted to playing the planning video to show her the kids club to encourage her.

Ok off to get my oldest from school-

101 days and counting!:wave2:

So only 101 days left! I am so excited! My son is also super excited! He asked yesterday if he could go ahead and pack already:boat:

I am starting to put together my list for the FE exchange- it is one gift total per room per night? or one total for the whole cruise per room?

I could very well be wrong because I have never done this but isn't it one per room/family and not one per night per room.

The we pass them out whenever it works best for each individual family?

I could very well be wrong because I have never done this but isn't it one per room/family and not one per night per room.

The we pass them out whenever it works best for each individual family?

This is the second time we are doing it and the last time, no one really organized it, laid out ground rules, etc. So we did one gift per night per room. It was a challenge to keep up with. One per family sounds like a great plan!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter