The Animal Kingdom Segment

I agree. Excellent segment and a wonderful tribute to what has always been my favorite park. My first visit to WDW was in 2000 so I have never known WDW without AK. It is all in the details.

I have watched this segment twice and listened to it an additional two times. I am in desperate need of episode 2 or I'll know episode 1 by heart. :rotfl:

So it seams that doors locking from the inside of bathrooms is common to zoo as i just noticed it in one at the Toronto zoo

Sent from my Samsung Galexy Ace using the DISBoards app

Hi All! This is Holly :wave2:

I know I'm not that active on the Boards, but I just wanted to thank you all for your posts. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the DAK episode and I can't wait to do the next one!!

I sure wish I was at DAK today for the 15th anniversary, but unfortunately have to work. And to answer a previous question, I don't work with animals anymore, but DAK and animals are still definitely a passion of mine and I visit as much as I can to keep up with all the latest news and changes, and just to enjoy the park :earboy2:

See you for Part 2!

Holly

The Animal Kingdom segment was truly awesome. I love Animal Kingdom and learned so much from that segment. I cannot wait for Part 2!!!!! :cool1:

One of the podcasters was asking on the second edition of the Animal Kingdom podcast about what they feed the tigers at Animal Kingdom, but at the Toronto Zoo they feed them horsemeat as well giving them bones every other day.

Another thing mentioned in the podcast reminded me of a story I have herd the lion keepers tell about the lins getting hold of one of the wild deer in the zoo grounds. The Toronto Zoo sits in an area of Toronto known as the rogue valley. it's now a national park, anyway one night a gardner was doing some work in the lion outdoor yard (the lions were in their pens for the night). Well they were doing their work one of the wild deer from the rouge valley found it's way into the exhibit and ended up hidden by the tall grass that is in the moat between the exhibit and the guests. The next morning it made an appearance and the lions attacked it in full view of guests. There was apparently talk of trying to get the lions out of there or tranquilizing them, in the end they just let them have their feast. It took the four of them at the time about three days to finish it and they couldn't even get them to leave the exhibit to go back into their pens for the night, they also didn't eat anything else for a week after that.

I thought Teresa was being mean to Dustin...

great segment. Really enjoyed it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter