The Animal Kingdom Segment

PixieDustD

Mouseketeer
What an enjoyable segment by Dustin and Holly. As a Californian we are not able to get out to the World very often, but when we do Animal Kingdom is a family favorite. On our last visit my daughter ranked it the #2 park after the Magic Kingdom. The animals look to be very well cared for...just beautiful.

Can't wait to return and experience the Animal Kingdom with a new perspective.

Thank you for the great show.

Im going to piggyback your post.....

Thank you Dustin and Holly....That was a lot of knowledge that most have never heard of or ever thought to even consider to learn...

Great show as always too....

Dustin and Holly's segment highlighted some of the reasons why AK is my second favorite park in WDW--even ahead of MK.

Loved the segment too. I've always been fascinated by, and love to photograph, the little details that abound in AK. It seems like they went to great lengths to create special scenes just for the photographer.
402346_2965669228194_529767760_n.jpg

401341_2965674108316_163592419_n.jpg

401037_2965694908836_129106355_n.jpg

395212_2965702069015_1018382705_n.jpg

Looking forward to the second half of this segment.

I thought the segment was great too. I knew a bit about the Harambe back story, but I didn't know there was any story for Discovery Island. I can't wait to go back and take a closer look at the design of the shops!

That was indeed a great segment. I was wondering if Holly is still working with animals. I think the internships that Disney offers is a wonderful idea. I would have loved that chance.

I want to add that there is a tour that covers some of the topics mentioned very well by Dustin and Holly. It's Wild by Design, not to be confused with the Wild Africa Trek that Kathy did.

Wild by Design will discuss the fort that Dustin mentioned, the only real baobob tree also mentioned, and other details of the theming in the Africa and Asia areas. I thought the tour was very good and would recommend it.

Just wanted to say that I enjoyed the Animal Kingdom segment. I work at a zoo so I could add to some of the information that they were not sure about, but they did a great job. My zoo just received one of the female gorillas from Disney due the species survival plan that Holly had mentioned.

Just wanted to say that I enjoyed the Animal Kingdom segment. I work at a zoo so I could add to some of the information that they were not sure about, but they did a great job. My zoo just received one of the female gorillas from Disney due the species survival plan that Holly had mentioned.

That's pretty cool about having a Gorilla that was born in DAK at your Zoo. One of the elephants that DAK used to have was born at the Toronto Zoo, she has unfortuitly passed away but she was amongst some of the female elephants to give birth in DAK.

I just finished watching the remainder of this segment and can't agree enough at how fantastic it is. I hated AK until I went on the Wild by Design tour years ago. Since then, it has become my favorite park because of the amazing hidden detail, stories, and all that went into building this place. Dustin and Holly's segment should be a primer to visiting the park.

Great show Dustin and Holly. :goodvibes Maybe this will show people just how awesome the Animal Kingdom is.:) Its a great park to slowly stroll through and take in all of the sights. Can't wait for the next show.:thumbsup2

Love the segment as well, and look forward to the rest.

Just want to piggy back on what others have said. Animal Kingdom is my families favorite park. It's been so since the first time we visited it in 07. It is the only theme park I know of that once you walk through those gates, you are truly transported to another "world". It's fantastic in every regard, and it's nice to see others appreciate it as well.

I for one am GLAD that Disney set focus in this park to things other than thrill rides. Lord knows there are enough of those scattered everywhere else. Here's hoping they only expand upon the stuff they have already done there with any future expansion of the park!

I learned so much in this segment and I am looking forward to part 2. I've often wondered why there isn't a "keys to the kingdom" type tour of AK. Seems like it would be such a good fit and would interest not only Disney fans but also animal/zoo fans. Are you listening, Disney? Add a tour already!
-Kim

I agree! Fascinating-I like this park but it's definitely the one I know the least about.

For some reason, my favorite part is the safe house bathrooms :)

unbelievable discussion!!!!! has renewed my interest in AK and now I can't wait to get back! WHEN IS PART2!!!!!

Absolutely LOVED this segment. Animal Kingdom is my favorite park and it was a delight to hear about all of the details that I never even knew about. I'm amazed that this is only going to be a two part segment. I'm curious about how to fit the rest of AK stuff into one more segment, seems like it could use three segments. :)

Well done!

Agreed... I thoroughly enjoyed this segment very much. Great job Dustin & Holly! Can't wait to hear more!

I agree! Fascinating-I like this park but it's definitely the one I know the least about.

For some reason, my favorite part is the safe house bathrooms :)

Yeah that was interesting and it made me wonder if all zoo's have doors like that on the bathrooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter