The all New *OFFICIAL JUNE* 2011 thread! Some like it hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

Think I'm all caught up on this thread now :goodvibes

Love everyone's spreadsheets.. I'm the same when it comes to Disney planning.. I'm an accountant and use spreadsheets all day at work, so I always make one for WDW trips! :surfweb:

Here are my answers to one of the questionnaires.. ..

1) What things do you pack in your suitcase that are just for Disney?

Minnie Mouse ears, ponchos, pins..

2) Ok, be honest, how many people have started packing for Disney already?

well, the bottom of my wardrobe is filled with things ready for honeymoon.. I'm buying an entire new wardrobe, so things are sort of 'ready to pack'! :laughing:

3) What special traditions do you have to prepare for Disney? (making T-shirts, watching movies, countdown calendars, etc)

definitely watch more Disney movies in the weeks before.. watch the planning dvd, make mouse-keeping & gratuity envelopes, I've also made magnets for our stateroom on the Disney Dream :cloud9:

4) Does your family tour commando style, absolutely care free, or somewhere in the middle?

somewhere in the middle.. we liked to arrive at rope-drop at the parks, race around the 'big' rides but then leave after lunch for a break at our resort, then return in the evenings for dinner & fireworks

5) What is the one thing you really want to try "new" at Disney this year? (in other words, something you have never done before)

well the cruise is going to be new for us.. never ever been on one before! also staying at the Grand Floridian is a first.. and we're doing the Epcot Segway tour & a couples' massage at the spa :cloud9:

6) Describe your family to us so we know who to "look out for" in Disney? LOL

look out for a 20-something year old couple.. I'm blonde & will more than likely be wearing a 'happily ever after' button & the bride mouse-ears!! :bride:

99 days to go!!

Emma princess: x

kitkat - how on earth do you surprise the dh?? That is an accomplishment!

Most importantly...I didn't tell my MIL!:lmao: Or any of DH's family for that matter!

I do all my planning when DH (teacher) and DD are at school.

I have a 3 ring binder that I keep everything in, then hide it along with my touring plans book before they get home.

And I made my own user account on our laptop, that way DH won't see the Disney sites that I visit or the Disney files that I've made.

Also I get the mail every day just incase something from Disney is there.

And I take care of all our finances so he has no clue that I've been saving for this trip!

He knows that I am planning something this summer for his 30th birthday....but doesn't know anything more then that.

LOL...most days he is dressed as Spider-Vader-Pirate or Iron-Vader-Pirate or some such combination. Last year he was mad because he couldn't hug Darth Vader, you have *never* seen a kid that mad! We are absolutely the geeky sci-fi family, we'll try to tone it down at WDW so as not to embarrass my fellow June attendees. Wouldn't want to give you guys a bad rep or anything :rotfl2:

have you seen the commercial on TV with the little boy dressed up as Darth Vadar??? It's a car commercial...

kitkat: I can't WAIT to hear what happens. I don't think I've ever read of a dh surprise before. I simply can't wait!

Just an update- we bought our plane tickets. We will be arriving June 21st!
Double Digit Dance:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Yes! :rotfl2: I swear thats my kid!
haha! Yep. It hits home with a lot of us. I told my son (he'll almost be 11...) that many people dress up for SWW. He thought maybe he'd bring his storm trooper or darth vadar costume but then thought maybe he'd be too hot LOL. Decided instead maybe just to buy a new Jedi cape and wear that. LOL.

Just an update- we bought our plane tickets. We will be arriving June 21st!
Double Digit Dance:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I love everyone's updates!

Most importantly...I didn't tell my MIL!:lmao: Or any of DH's family for that matter!

I do all my planning when DH (teacher) and DD are at school.

I have a 3 ring binder that I keep everything in, then hide it along with my touring plans book before they get home.

And I made my own user account on our laptop, that way DH won't see the Disney sites that I visit or the Disney files that I've made.

Also I get the mail every day just incase something from Disney is there.

And I take care of all our finances so he has no clue that I've been saving for this trip!

He knows that I am planning something this summer for his 30th birthday....but doesn't know anything more then that.

Sneaky, sneaky, but how much fun is that! I would be so happy if someone would surprise me with a Disney trip. You have to update us when you finally do tell them and tell us how it goes. I bet they will be SO excited.

have you seen the commercial on TV with the little boy dressed up as Darth Vadar??? It's a car commercial...

kitkat: I can't WAIT to hear what happens. I don't think I've ever read of a dh surprise before. I simply can't wait!

My husband wants to be THAT little boy. He thinks that is the best commercial ever. My family knows that Daddy's favorite is Darth Vadar. He was so disappointed this year that we couldn't leave two weekends before so that we could make Star Wars weekend. One year I am going to have to figure out how to make it happen.

Hi all!

Think I'm all caught up on this thread now :goodvibes

Love everyone's spreadsheets.. I'm the same when it comes to Disney planning.. I'm an accountant and use spreadsheets all day at work, so I always make one for WDW trips! :surfweb:

Here are my answers to one of the questionnaires.. ..

[/SIZE]

99 days to go!!

Emma princess: x

Emma,
I bet the cruise will be so much fun. You have to give us a full report. I have always wanted to try one, but I am afraid of motion sickness (and I don't know why-I don't get motion sickness anywhere. lol) We are going to be at Disney at the same time, so if I run into a blond with bride ears looking extremely happy, I will know it's you! I hope your wedding planning is going great and that the last few months go by quickly and with as little stress as possible.

My husband wants to be THAT little boy. He thinks that is the best commercial ever. My family knows that Daddy's favorite is Darth Vadar. He was so disappointed this year that we couldn't leave two weekend before so that we could make Start Wars weekend. One year I am going to have to figure out how to make it happen.

My husband IS that little boy, an overgrown 12 year old, He is constantly trying to Jedi Mind Trick me. Unfortunately it sometimes works. :rotfl:

This will be our first trip in time for Star Wars weekends and the four of them are ecstatic. I'm just along for the ride those days. My 10 year old will probably throw herself at Ashley Eckstein's feet :worship:

I'm not sure if this is a permanent display or what, but last time we were there, at the end of the Back Lot Tour they had costumes and displays from SW set up. The only photos I have of my son smiling are of him standing next to all the costumes LOL. I think he is going to lose his mind at SWW.

Friends and neighbors that want to go but can't afford it or it's just not the right time for them. I find if you disassemble them you can fit a lot more in per bag. OK, so I don't really pack anything special for Disney but I take a boat load of camera equipment down.

I have a basket that we can throw stuff in. The neighbors and friends get thrown in, so the basket is quite large. So far it's got a new bathing suit and some new underwear, but I'm not going to mention whose.

3) What special traditions do you have to prepare for Disney? (making T-shirts, watching movies, countdown calendars, etc)

I've been giving my 12 son Star Wars pins and I've been "writing" him "letters" from the Star Wars characters. So far he's gotten a letter from Darth Vader warning him to choose the Dark Side. If you call 1 407 827-2799 and press either 1 or 2 you can hear from "Red Leader" from the rebel alliance or the bad guys. I left my son a message that "Red Leader" called and he was supposed to call back and hit 1. My son really liked doing that!

4) Does your family tour commando style, absolutely care free, or somewhere in the middle?

We tour commando style, complete with "Super Soakers" strapped to our hips for cranky and obnoxious guests that come within range.

5) What is the one thing you really want to try "new" at Disney this year? (in other words, something you have never done before)

Star Wars weekends of course!

6) Describe your family to us so we know who to "look out for" in Disney?

We'll be the ones that will be out at rope drop, back at noonish for a nap/dip in the pool and then out again at night. This will last until Tuesday the 14th when we collapse from exhaustion. We are going down with the Hanigan-Levy family (Mom, Dad and DS 15) who opted out of our suitcases and made their own travel plans.

People tell me I look a lot like Lindsay Lohan but then they've usually been drinking heavily...

This is what we LOOK like (On a good day)
How's that for a description!

Disney Family Portrait by Marlton Mom, on Flickr

If you see me just scream MARLTON MOM!!! and I'll run and hide so you can't find me ;)

wow! kitkat, suprising DH? good luck! sounds like an amazing plan!
I love seeing everyone's updates, it makes me want to do so much more than I'm scheduled for.
As for news for my party, we're considering the DDP, but we're so perplexed whether it will be beneficial to us! I hope everyone doesn't have this complex with the plan!

wow! kitkat, suprising DH? good luck! sounds like an amazing plan!
I love seeing everyone's updates, it makes me want to do so much more than I'm scheduled for.
As for news for my party, we're considering the DDP, but we're so perplexed whether it will be beneficial to us! I hope everyone doesn't have this complex with the plan!

We really enjoy the DDP. We do DxDP though. It works great for us. We like to eat on vacation so this is a no brainer to us. Would we eat that much at home...no, but on vacation it's another story. We like having our meals prepaid for so that when we get there we only have to bring enough money for tips. We enjoy trying different foods. If you think you would eat a TS and a QS each day anyway, then I say, go for it and do the DDP. If you do not usually do TS or wouldn't do an average of one per day, then this is probably not the right plan for you.

1) What things do you pack in your suitcase that are just for Disney? Our WDW water bottle straps, hidden mickey book, "fanny" packs

2) Ok, be honest, how many people have started packing for Disney already? Started? LOL I have my packing lists done, my shopping list done my suitcases out and all of them half packed. I started gathering stuff in January. :lmao:

3) What special traditions do you have to prepare for Disney? (making T-shirts, watching movies, countdown calendars, etc) We rewatch all of our Disney planning DVDs, we make our top 3 lists, countdown calendars on our computers and according to the DH living out of suitcases. ;)

4) Does your family tour commando style, absolutely care free, or somewhere in the middle? A little commando and a little somewhere in between. Never ever care free. That would drive me nuts. LOL

5) What is the one thing you really want to try "new" at Disney this year? (in other words, something you have never done before) um...the kids are asking for the bug show at AK. DH is demanding Captain Neo

6) Describe your family to us so we know who to "look out for" in Disney? Family of 4, DH and DS both well over 6 feet. We all wear glasses and I'll probably be carrying my pink Mickey messenger bag at least half the time. Love that bag!

I've been giving my 12 son Star Wars pins and I've been "writing" him "letters" from the Star Wars characters. So far he's gotten a letter from Darth Vader warning him to choose the Dark Side. If you call 1 407 827-2799 and press either 1 or 2 you can hear from "Red Leader" from the rebel alliance or the bad guys. I left my son a message that "Red Leader" called and he was supposed to call back and hit 1. My son really liked doing that!
How's that for a description![/B]

OMG! Thank you for that phone number!!! My DH just listened to it and he's in awe! LOL :banana:

Is renting a car for the 11 days we are at CBR for $250 worth it or do you think the buses are sufficient? I am planning on using a taxi for our arrival night to Chef Mickey's as we arrive at CBR around 6:10 and we have a 7:20 ADR and a taxi again for our breakfast at CP. But after reading about all of the walking at CBR and not paying for a Preferred Room, I am wondering if I should use the money towards an economy rental. What say you?

Is renting a car for the 11 days we are at CBR for $250 worth it or do you think the buses are sufficient? I am planning on using a taxi for our arrival night to Chef Mickey's as we arrive at CBR around 6:10 and we have a 7:20 ADR and a taxi again for our breakfast at CP. But after reading about all of the walking at CBR and not paying for a Preferred Room, I am wondering if I should use the money towards an economy rental. What say you?

Our perspective on the bus vs. car thing: The buses are already cool when you enter them, no getting into a sweltering car that will barely start to cool by the time you reach your resort. Straight to the gate of the park vs. parking, then taking monorail/boat to MK or tram to others. Honestly, by the time you do all that you'd be on a nice cool bus. At the busy times of day you just plan for it. I know that if we sit on Main Street an extra 15-20 minutes the bus crowd will die down a bit. And, Disney is really good at 'double loading' during busy times. If you're worried about having to stand, no worries...wait for the next bus. Again, at the busy time at end of day, they come quickly. We love WDW transportation and if you consider how many people they move in a day, they are incredibly efficient.

Pins, lanyard, disney members hat, disney shirts, disney poncho, disney swimsuit (only where to disney), glow sticks, disney tattoos

I have all my sons n my clothes out n all things disney out n wit the clothes

mickey head count down, and now themed movie dinner nights

i dont plan anything thats all DSis

different resturants

6) Describe your family to us so we know who to "look out for" in Disney? LOL
DSis n her DH and 3DD 14,10,3
Me n DS
DMom n her DFriend
DYoungerSis
DSis's DH's Family (total of 3, a mom and 2DD)
Large group going this time....DSis always has a backpack...DYoungerSis always has a big purse n sunglasses, DMom always looks in a Freenzy, my DS always is 10 to 20 steps ahead of us then looking back and running into something....and me Im the one with a ton of tattoos:scared1:
Thats our magical group:rotfl2:

1) People tell me I look a lot like Lindsay Lohan but then they've usually been drinking heavily...

How's that for a description![/B]

Disney Family Portrait by Marlton Mom, on Flickr

If you see me just scream MARLTON MOM!!! and I'll run and hide so you can't find me ;)

:rotfl: :lmao: too funny, I'll look for you guys while we're down there, we'll be there from the 8-13th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter