The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort FAQ with PICTURES! (APR 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...thought I had the answer to this....couldn't find it....

..if you're staying concierge can you still use on-line check in (is there even a reason to do so if staying concierge)???
Yes you can still check-in online, however it's something my family and I are not planning to do. Our reason is when we arrive a bellman is still going to bring us up to the 12th floor with our luggage, so we might as well check-in up there because of that.

Thanks everyone!

No stress...got it.
I've not had a chance to talk to my hubby yet (he's sleeping, about to wake him and make our 12hr drive) so I don't know if he did the online pre-check in thing or not. But I emailed him the link.

I'm going to take LOTS of pics, so prepare yourselves now for picture over-load next week. :cutie:

Thanks everyone!

No stress...got it.
I've not had a chance to talk to my hubby yet (he's sleeping, about to wake him and make our 12hr drive) so I don't know if he did the online pre-check in thing or not. But I emailed him the link.

I'm going to take LOTS of pics, so prepare yourselves now for picture over-load next week. :cutie:

Have an MAGICAL trip! Can't wait for the pics and review!

Where is the slide??? Is it still there?
Yes! The PP is correct. I couldn't find any pics, but I did find this TripAdvisor review from 4-7 which makes mention of the slide:

"My wife was at a convention so we stayed at the Contemporary. The pool was fun for the kids with the water slide."

We were there 3/25-4/1 and the main pool was open with sprayers going and slide was open. There is a hot tub connected to this pool that was also up and running. The smaller pool by the water was open but I only saw ducks (lots of them) swimming in it the whole time we were there! ;)

There was still a construction fence up and there is obviously more work being done on something that will be near the pool. Not sure if it is another hot tub or splash area or what.

The pictures that were posted a couple posts ago is exactly how it looked when we were there. When you look at the picture that shows the spray area in the center the slide is off the picture to the right. HTH!

Awesome, thanks! My kids will flip when they see that slide, they don't know we're staying there yet. ;)

Hey guys! Here is something I found on Youtube. A promotional ad made by US Steel back in the 70s (I think) when the CR was first made. It provides a very interesting look at the construction and all that stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIF6mc9SQA0&feature=related

US Steel also built the original part of the Poly and the (now demolished) Court of Flags resort in Orlando around the same time.

The rooms were supposed to be refurbished by simply sliding the old room out of the steel framed building and a new, fresh room put in it's place. This didn't/doesn't happen, apparently due to the building settling over time and "locking" the existing rooms in place. Neat concept though. Seems to be right up Walt Disney's alley in terms of a new, fresh and exciting idea of tomorrow!!!

I snapped a couple of pics of the Contemporary while I was staying at the Poly and thought I'd share. :)

contemp1.jpg

contemp2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter