The ABC's of Trip Planning, Pt 1- K is for Keeping Things Kooky- Drinks V-Z; pg. 197 + New Link

Chapter 20: T is for Taking Time to Learn and Look Forward

Carrying on with the newest, greatest little tradition of making little milestone markers, which actually serve as nice little incentives for pressing on, I present to you....

The hardest thing I find about making these every couple of weeks is keeping it to 8. There are so very many things I am longing to do- especially after weeks like this past one. Here are my take-aways, and then I'll get back to Disney...

I'm happy that it ended on a high note and that I felt like a redeemed myself somewhat by the end of the 2 days, but stressful does not even begin to describe all that. Being put on the spot and having 9 other people watch your every move, decision, word, etc... is HORRIBLE, but as you all have said, useful in the grand scheme of things. I will not soon forget the lessons I learned, from being more decisive and taking action when a situation warrants, to being thorough in assessments on the front end to keep a bad situation from going worse. Looking back, each of us 7 students made errors that were graciously and kindly corrected, but often not until the END of the scenario in order to let that error really sink in. I learned the value of a total patient scenario, which is moreso than that of a single skill check-off. While those have their place, when you add panicking moms, cranky girlfriends, and needy family to the alarms and failing vitals signs, things get very stressful and it's good to have that be practiced in Lab where it's safe and de-briefed.

Back to your regularly scheduled (sort of-ish) Disney-focused chatter...

I cannot say I have a very favorite attraction, so I put those 2 for this time (ToT and 7DMT) because one will be new to me and the other is just such a fantastic ride. Others that will make the grade very soon will probably be HM and Pirates because they hold some of my most very favorite memories of my grandma taking me as a young child to DLR. I have vivid visions of a PoTC coloring book that she got me as a souvenir, that I spent HOURS choosing the colors for every little space (still love me some Midnight Blue from the Crayola 64-pack) and making up stories of myself as a pirate wench with hoards of gold. Only half of that came true.

I still do not know which resort we'll end up at since I don't know if we'll be ready to pay the resort fees by the 11-month mark to go the renting points route at Yacht or Beach Club, or if we'll end up going with the AoA for most of the time with a couple nights at AK. The next year and how much work I get this summer will tell. But wherever that is, a day by the pool with a tall, frosty drink in my hand is something I often find myself daydreaming about during lecture. Sometimes I have to pinch myself and re-focus. Because, despite my current 88%, I would still really love my A this term. So need to focus and not let up until I've crossed that finish line!

One of the things that I REALLY loved during my last trip was taking the time to stop and listen to all the wonderful music groups around the parks. I spend gobs of time listening to African groups in AK, the piano guy at Casey's, and several others. It is just something I really love to do, and find so relaxing.

Those all certainly bring back some really amazing memories.

I know there will be plenty of time to make some more, because I'll be purposely building in that margin of time to take in the tunes when I'm there again. I hope you all are having one FANTASTIC weekend.

:wave: Hi!

Following along. I also greatly enjoy the various musical troupes at the parks. So nice and relaxing, especially with a beverage in hand (bloody mary at AK is on my list!)! Might I recommend the Grand Floridian Society Orchestra? Just delightful. :dance3:(are these dancing maids? I... dunno)

All caught up.

Great news on the grades and I know you will do well on the next couple.

Funny about the Mickey Mouse tool, leaned something there.

Hope your computer got it's attitude adjusted.

Ah yes the solo time. Love it when the alternative is non-Disney loving fanatics but when with another Disney Lover.....:love: 2 dorks in heaven. Well before he complains, 1 dork and 1 Disney fan.

V is for Vibrant Show and Versatile (Disney) Visa
Loud, animated voices talked excitedly over the blaring Classic Rock station as we made the hour and a half long drive north to Portland. The day had come we'd been anxiously awaiting since December. We begowned ourselves with black and white floor length evening dresses, pulled out our better jewelery, pulled hair up high making this occasion not your ordinary outing. A mom doesn't get just everyday to gussy up and take her lovely daughters out for an afternoon at the Theater and dinner out, now does she? It comes but once a year, and we certainly look forward to each musical we go to with the anticipation another might have of the next Kardashian expose. Or the chance to finally get a Disney Visa. But that's getting ahead of myself... (the Visa part!!!)

First a day at the Theater: Let me just say, the Musical, Phantom of the Opera, was fabulous in every way. Although we had an understudy in the part of Christine Daae, she was every bit as pitch perfect as I'd have expected for a play that is grossing over $6 billion (that's a B) over its 26 year history. The orchestra is certainly one part I always look forward to most in any Broadway production, but add some electrics and I'm in Heaven. I have to say I did prefer the over-the-top costuming of Lion King a ton more, but these were pretty darn awesome! The sets were incredibly clever and at one point I was totally reminded of Carousel of Progress with a spinning set that opened up. Yes, we were in the Nose Bleeder section of the 2nd Balcony... Up, up, UP we hiked. The only good news was that we were also near the door (yeah, THAT far back) so we could bolt to the bathroom at Intermission. Saved my life, and quite possibly the chair upholstery too.

After the show, we quickly made our way back out to my Princess Parking spot (because Theater Geeks get there an hour early) and then floundered our way through the Eastside to our Korean Restaurant. Only to find that although getting to a restaurant 45 minutes early sounded like a good idea in theory, it wasn't. We sat in the car for 45 minutes until it opened. We left the theater 30 minutes prior STARVING. Ah well, more room for all that delicious table-side grilled meat, and 10 side dishes and rice that came with it. To say we left satiated would be a bona fide understatement. The downside is that I will be burping kimchee for a week. Possibly more. And the jalepenos aren't going to feel good tomorrow. At all. I'm also hoping my car starts in the morning. It didn't when we came out of the restaurant. Luckily Portlanders are pretty cool people and it was easy to find a jumpstart.

So, here we are back home. Back in our sweats and slippers. Hair is down, makeup washed off, and the songs incessantly stuck in our heads. I suppose it could be worse. It could be IaSW or Great Big, Beautiful Tomorrow. You are welcome.

Back to Letter V. Hard to believe we're already up to V, I know. And I am pretty close to timing the end of school with the end of the alphabet. Of course that was completely unplanned. Completely. I'm sure hoping that I get a lot more time to diddle around this summer on the DIS and elsewhere; that will certainly depend on how a job (if any) pans out, the various camping trips we have planned, study time (yes, sadly, there has to be some of that too) and canning turns out. Letter V. It's a pretty groovy letter cuz it also stands for VISA card. I finally took the plunge and got one. By my best calculations, I think I can net around $300 towards the trip, which is better than a kick in the pants. I've had one or two of those and I can think of a lot of things that are better than a kick in the pants, and this is certainly one of those. But then again, so is a clean kitchen and the laundry done. Kicks in pants probably happen more often than either of those, but I digress.

If I understand correctly, after paying $49/year, and by putting on all my groceries, gas, utilities and restaurant charges on it, I will get back 2% of the total in Dollars to spend at Disney on the resort or food or shopping (which we don't do much of at all). It never is that simple after you get one seems, but as best I can figure that's the dealio. I'd love any other tips (exclude the duh of paying it off each month in full) in how you use yours and your experiences if you have one.

So, until Tuesday, Friends...

As usual, (you know the drill) I'm asking for your prayers for my Exam Tuesday at 8:00. It's a LOT of material we've covered the last 2 weeks, and I've literally put in over 100 hours in just study time alone. That isn't counting lecture time, Clinical time or writing that paper. I will let you know how I do. :) Only 1 regular exam, 1 Final, and a Practice NCLEX (National Boards Exam) Test left after this....

Last edited:
I'm glad you enjoyed the show and dinner! Sorry you had to wait on the place to open but I'm sure it was worth it! I love me some bul go gi!

Good luck on tomorrow's test!

Jill in CO

The only good news was that we were also near the door (yeah, THAT far back) so we could bolt to the bathroom at Intermission. Saved my life, and quite possibly the chair upholstery too.
Well, I'm certainly glad you were near the door then... :eek:

I'm also hoping my car starts in the morning. It didn't when we came out of the restaurant. Luckily Portlanders are pretty cool people and it was easy to find a jumpstart.
Um... yeah, that's a bit concerning. When it doesn't start once, chances aren't good for the next time. :faint:

It does look like you had a great time at the theater and dinner. A nice little getaway and a much needed chance to unwind.

It's a pretty groovy letter cuz it also stands for VISA card. I finally took the plunge and got one. By my best calculations, I think I can net around $300 towards the trip, which is better than a kick in the pants.
::yes:: Always a good thing.

If I understand correctly, after paying $49/year, and by putting on all my groceries, gas, utilities and restaurant charges on it, I will get back 2% of the total in Dollars to spend at Disney on the resort or food or shopping (which we don't do much of at all). It never is that simple after you get one seems, but as best I can figure that's the dealio. I'd love any other tips (exclude the duh of paying it off each month in full) in how you use yours and your experiences if you have one.
I have the Disney Visa and I'm on the $49 deal. I actually signed up for it a few years ago. They offered a deal for the first year that when you signed up and paid the $49, they basically gave your money for that first year back in Disney points. I decided to go for it and see how I liked it. I clearly liked it because I still pay the $49 each year and get well more than that back. We put everything we can on the card (and pay it back each month, of course). Not every purchase gets a 2% rebate, but most of the big ones are. Gas and groceries specifically. But you can accumulate points and put them on a rewards card to use at the parks, Disney store, or even to pay for your trip. We paid $900 towards our Disneyland trip with Disney Visa rewards. That's the biggest perk, really. We actually depleted our account in December/January and we're back up to a $280 rewards balance. It really doesn't take long to add up when you're running all your expenses through that account each month and it is definitely nice to basically get some extra money to go towards the next Disney trip!

As usual, (you know the drill) I'm asking for your prayers for my Exam Tuesday at 8:00.
Good luck! Get that A! :thumbsup2

It sounds like you had a wonderful time at Phantom of the Opera. I had several friends drive up to Portland for that this weekend. We have tickets to Wicked in August. I bought the top balcony also. We have never been to this theatre, so any tips would be great.

Good luck on the test tomorrow. I am sure you have studied very hard for it.

We begowned ourselves with black and white floor length evening dresses, pulled out our better jewelery, pulled hair up high making this occasion not your ordinary outing.

Picture???

Let me just say, the Musical, Phantom of the Opera, was fabulous in every way.

It is great, isn't it?

we could bolt to the bathroom at Intermission. Saved my life, and quite possibly the chair upholstery too.

:lmao:

Only to find that although getting to a restaurant 45 minutes early sounded like a good idea in theory, it wasn't. We sat in the car for 45 minutes until it opened.

Whoops!
Well, that bites.

Or not, I suppose, in this case.

The downside is that I will be burping kimchee for a week.

I refer to that as an 'upside'.

I'm also hoping my car starts in the morning. It didn't when we came out of the restaurant. Luckily Portlanders are pretty cool people and it was easy to find a jumpstart.

Did you get a new battery yet?
My rule is once it goes... uh... once.
It's replacement time.

Back in our sweats and slippers. Hair is down, makeup washed off, and the songs incessantly stuck in our heads.

Picture???

:rotfl:

It could be IaSW or Great Big, Beautiful Tomorrow. You are welcome.

Great.

Thanks.

:rolleyes1

I'm asking for your prayers for my Exam Tuesday at 8:00.

You got 'em.

Only 1 regular exam, 1 Final, and a Practice NCLEX (National Boards Exam) Test left after this....

"Only"....

:faint:

I love my Disney Visa. I usually end up with between $300 and $400 to spend by the time my trip rolls around. I charge everything I can to it and it does add up.

We have seen Phantom at least six times now...LOVE that show.

I'm not sure if I sent you a PM or not. But I started my TR (the link is in my signature).

I will be praying for good results for your test tomorrow. :hug:

Last edited:
Hurray for Disney VISA! You also get the added perk of (sometimes) being able to book promos a few days earlier than everyone else which may not seem like a big deal until you've been on hold with Disney for an hour while simultaneously trying to navigate the website that keeps crashing because everyone and their grandmother is trying to get free dining. Although this year they released free dining to the general public on the same day we *thought* they were releasing it to VISA holders so who knows if this perk is still a perk. Way to keep us on our toes Disney. :duck:

I would love your job as a TA! Maybe someday as a side thing. But how cool that you get to plan things out for them to make it a picture perfect trip!

So.... did your DS pass? Mine's taken it twice and I"m not sure he will anytime soon. Reading is just so hard for him. I know he'll do fine at the actual driving, but passing the written test will certainly take some doing. :(

WE have a LOT more Simulation next year, and actually count for a LOT of our grade. I am NOT looking forward to that at all! One day at a time, right??

Tuesday will actually be the day which tells me if keeping my hopes for an A alive is reasonable. If I get an 88 or above I still should be able to. We'll see.....

And you're right, the B nurses do tend to be just as awesome as the A ones. But the A ones tend to be managers... which is where I'd like to head.

I pretty much love everything about being a TA except the pay... but I'm pretty new to it and still building my client base so that will come. In the meantime I'm still subbing to make ends meet while I'm homeschooling. It's all about flexibility for homeschool mamas! :teacher::laundy::car::crowded::surfweb::faint:

My DS did pass. He had to take it twice though. Our state allows them to take the written up to 3 times in the same day (though not the driving, you have to wait to retake the driving portion). I'm not sure how he's going to do on the driving because he had literally never been behind the wheel before he got his permit. He is very (VERY) literal about things and refused to drive without it being perfectly legal. Not even on our gravel road. Not even in an empty parking lot. Not even in our driveway. :confused3 I'm glad to know he's not a wanton rule breaker but sheesh, kid. :rotfl2:Sorry it's so tough for your DS. Hopefully he'll be able to try again soon. :thumbsup2

I hope things continue to go well (maybe a bit better if that's what you need to happen). I'm not sure I could do it as I'm very methodical and need time to sort out how to best tackle a situation- I admire anyone who can think quickly on their feet when it's necessary. (I once tried to climb up a wall to get to my then 3yo DS after he tumbled down the stairs. Meanwhile my friend... took the stairs to get to him.):eek: :rotfl:

Disney Visa...yaaayyy!! I don't think that's even available to us Canucks up here...bum deal. That's pretty cool though. What an awesome theatre day you had!! Good luck on your exam tomorrow!!! I'm sure you will do great!!

I'm glad you enjoyed the show and dinner! Sorry you had to wait on the place to open but I'm sure it was worth it! I love me some bul go gi!

Good luck on tomorrow's test!

Jill in CO

It was awesome! Did you say you'd seen it?? If not, I would jump at the chance if you can swing it. Definitely worth a day out.

It was not our best post-theater meal, but certainly tasty enough. The Korean food we've eaten closer to Korea was MUCH better- I really hate how Americanized food is here. Everything spicy is dumbed down, and I don't mean just spicy as in hot, but flavorful as well; fewer spices and ones they know most Americans will eat. I guess if you want truly authentic, you gotta go to where it comes from. ;) Bulgogi was one of our favorites in Crapistan where A TON of ethnic Koreans live (Stalin brought them there to populate the Steppe) and because they knew how to grow rice, AND to get them away from the border area. Anyway, Japchay was another of our faves made from rice noodles and chopped veggies.

Thanks a ton! After replies and a couple of catch ups on other threads, I need to spend the last few hours re-listening to a couple of online lectures.

Well, I'm certainly glad you were near the door then... :eek:

Odd how they can ban pizza into the theater, and yet only have 4 stalls in the womens' "powder room" to service an audience of 2,000. 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the intermission line was literally 300 people long on the balcony level alone. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!?!

Um... yeah, that's a bit concerning. When it doesn't start once, chances aren't good for the next time. :faint:

Started just fine this morning. I think maybe we had the doors hanging open too long while we waited for the place to open and wore it down. The drive home probably charged it back up enough.

It does look like you had a great time at the theater and dinner. A nice little getaway and a much needed chance to unwind.

Very much so! I love to play me some dress up and listen to some great music.

I have the Disney Visa and I'm on the $49 deal. I actually signed up for it a few years ago. They offered a deal for the first year that when you signed up and paid the $49, they basically gave your money for that first year back in Disney points. I decided to go for it and see how I liked it. I clearly liked it because I still pay the $49 each year and get well more than that back. We put everything we can on the card (and pay it back each month, of course). Not every purchase gets a 2% rebate, but most of the big ones are. Gas and groceries specifically. But you can accumulate points and put them on a rewards card to use at the parks, Disney store, or even to pay for your trip. We paid $900 towards our Disneyland trip with Disney Visa rewards. That's the biggest perk, really. We actually depleted our account in December/January and we're back up to a $280 rewards balance. It really doesn't take long to add up when you're running all your expenses through that account each month and it is definitely nice to basically get some extra money to go towards the next Disney trip!

That's how I read it too, so it's good to hear your success with it. My hubby got an REI card and puts a lot of his purchases on it, but ran into some MAJOR problems with the company when he tried to set up auto pay. Apparently, they weren't paying the entire statement amt, but rather the minimum due, so unbeknownst to him, he racked up some interest charges until he called and practically yelled at them. I KNOW they'd have never fixed it unless he had given them a piece of his mind.

I figure with ALL the groceries, my gas, all the utilities (I make sure they're paid, so I guess it's fair that the perks go on MY hobby card, right?) we should get a nice chunk of change- maybe enough for a couple of nights of the resort... wherever that ends up being.

Good luck! Get that A!

I'll certainly do my best!!

It sounds like you had a wonderful time at Phantom of the Opera. I had several friends drive up to Portland for that this weekend. We have tickets to Wicked in August. I bought the top balcony also. We have never been to this theatre, so any tips would be great.

Good luck on the test tomorrow. I am sure you have studied very hard for it.

Did your friends love it too??? Have you seen Wicked yet? We saw that 2 years ago, and it was great; not as great as Lion King, but really fun and the theatrics are great! @Poolrat would LOVE the monkeys; they're a lot like some in a certain show she likes. ;)

We took some antique theater binoculars that are in the family and they did help. There really isn't a "bad" seat, but you will want something to magnify if you want to see the costuming details. Sound is no problem at all. Parking was $6.00 cash only right next door, so do take cash and arrive a little early. Freeway signs make it super easy to find.

Sometimes on these tests you can study a lot and still not seem to do well. I've heard next is even more like that. I will let you know sometime tomorrow evening. :)

Picture???

Ask, and you shall receive!

That's the best I can do. We never did get a portrait that really shows off the floor lengthiness of the gowns. :(

It is great, isn't it?

In every way!

Or not, I suppose, in this case.

We were HANGRY!! Which in this case, was good. It was not a cheap meal.

I refer to that as an 'upside'.

:rotfl2: I feel sorry for whoever chooses the seat next to me during the exam in the morning. :lmao:

Did you get a new battery yet?
My rule is once it goes... uh... once.
It's replacement time.

Started fine this morning. It had BETTER do the same tomorrow morning!!!! :scared1:

Picture???

Once again, you have implored my generosity. This time, I can't be as gracious. ;) But I can give you these:

You got 'em.
"Only"....

I sure hope so!!!

When you put it all in perspective of 18 Exams and only 3 left... yup, "ONLY". :dancer::drinking1

:wave: Hi!

Following along. I also greatly enjoy the various musical troupes at the parks. So nice and relaxing, especially with a beverage in hand (bloody mary at AK is on my list!)! Might I recommend the Grand Floridian Society Orchestra? Just delightful. :dance3:(are these dancing maids? I... dunno)

Well, hello, New Friend!!!! How awesome that you are here!!! A very special :welcome: to you!! So sorry it took me a spell to get back to you, played me some hookey yesterday from school work AND the DIS to hit up the show. :) I hope we are a welcoming bunch to you and that you'll stick around for all the silly shenanigans. We do have some fun for sure!!

That's funny you should say that! I also LOVE the AK bands, especially the ones near the Tusker House bar area. Definitely going to spend some time there with a bloody Mary just listening to the African rhythms!

I've never heard of the one at the GF! I will look them up and see what's up. Dancing Maids. Hmmm...I 've always thought so, but who knows really. LOL!! They are always kind of quirky and I use them occasionally as well when I want to portray extra silly.

All caught up.

Then you are ahead of me. By a long shot. Geez, it's so hard to stay caught up here!! I'm always feeling like I"m apologizing around here!! HAHA! I just keep reminding myself that it's for a short season that will end some day. :)

Great news on the grades and I know you will do well on the next couple.

Thanks, Pat!! We can all celebrate together in only about 17 months!!! It's so awesome to have some others who love Disney as much as I do, and have been following along to cheer me on!! :cloud9:

Funny about the Mickey Mouse tool, leaned something there.

Next time I run into another ENT, I"m going to ask again, just to confirm. I'm hoping it isn't just one guys pet name for it.

Hope your computer got it's attitude adjusted.

Not yet. Probably going to have to wait until this summer. No time right now for ANYTHING extra.

Ah yes the solo time. Love it when the alternative is non-Disney loving fanatics but when with another Disney Lover.....:love: 2 dorks in heaven. Well before he complains, 1 dork and 1 Disney fan.

LOLOLOL!! Are you calling Marv a Dork?! :rotfl2::lmao: Seems legit!! ;)

2 days in a row !! I am doing well, now just enjoying the clearer picture !!!!

Go, Rosie! Go!!! :wave2::sail:

Out of curiosity. How's the chinchilla as a pet? We considered one briefly.

@pkondz It has taken her a LONG time to warm up to her peoples. At first she was nippy and even spit at us. Now, she will cuddle, but not even close to the extent that the rat does. Rats will play, ours even will play fetch with a wad of paper, they are easier to take care of, and are just more personable. The chinchilla is stinkier as well. Softer for sure, but not as sweet as Bridgett, the rat.

Last edited:
That's the best I can do. We never did get a portrait that really shows off the floor lengthiness of the gowns. :(

You all look beautiful, of course.

I feel sorry for whoever chooses the seat next to me during the exam in the morning. :lmao:

:lmao:

Once again, you have implored my generosity. This time, I can't be as gracious. ;) But I can give you these:

And once again, you all look beautiful.
And the food looks yummy! So the BBQ is built into the table, correct?
Does it get hot?

I love my Disney Visa. I usually end up with between $300 and $400 to spend by the time my trip rolls around. I charge everything I can to it and it does add up.

We have seen Phantom at least six times now...LOVE that show.

I'm not sure if I sent you a PM or not. But I started my TR (the link is in my signature).

I will be praying for good results for your test tomorrow. :hug:

That's about what I figure too. Nice chunk of change for sure!

WOW! That's a lot of times! We made an agreement to not do repeats if we can help it, even if it means seeing a musical/play that's not so popular. Beauty and the Beast of coming next year, so that will be on the list of options.

I saw that; I will try to get to that asap after Tuesday's exam. :)

Thanks, Kathy!! I can use all the prayers I can get!

Hurray for Disney VISA! You also get the added perk of (sometimes) being able to book promos a few days earlier than everyone else which may not seem like a big deal until you've been on hold with Disney for an hour while simultaneously trying to navigate the website that keeps crashing because everyone and their grandmother is trying to get free dining. Although this year they released free dining to the general public on the same day we *thought* they were releasing it to VISA holders so who knows if this perk is still a perk. Way to keep us on our toes Disney. :duck:

I have no idea if there are perks we'd want to be eligible for. But it will sure be nice if that turns out to be the case! Of course, we'd LOVE free dining, but I have NO idea how that works, who is eligible, if it is offered in the Fall, (I think I remember that it's offered in summer only to attract the huge crowds then? who knows.) I HIGHLY doubt it'd be offered during F&W. I will keep my eyes out during this summer and during the next year for special perks that might be tempting.

I pretty much love everything about being a TA except the pay... but I'm pretty new to it and still building my client base so that will come. In the meantime I'm still subbing to make ends meet while I'm homeschooling. It's all about flexibility for homeschool mamas! :teacher::laundy::car::crowded::surfweb::faint:

I homeschooled for 15 years before switching over to being a student myself. I know how hard it is to juggle all that needs to be juggled. And yes, it is ALL about being flexible, going with the flow and enjoying the ride. Good Job, Mama!!!

My DS did pass. He had to take it twice though. Our state allows them to take the written up to 3 times in the same day (though not the driving, you have to wait to retake the driving portion). I'm not sure how he's going to do on the driving because he had literally never been behind the wheel before he got his permit. He is very (VERY) literal about things and refused to drive without it being perfectly legal. Not even on our gravel road. Not even in an empty parking lot. Not even in our driveway. :confused3 I'm glad to know he's not a wanton rule breaker but sheesh, kid. :rotfl2:Sorry it's so tough for your DS. Hopefully he'll be able to try again soon. :thumbsup2

Our kids have to wait at least 24 hours between tests, and it's just super hard for me to get him there. The other deal is that he just isn't studying like he should. That's partly on me, as he really needs me to actually sit with him and just teach it like a course with lots of discussion etc... Definitely on the summer list of Must-Do's.

So awesome your son passed! Now he's on the road to a bit more independence. :cheer2::cheer2: Baby steps! He'll do fine with good instruction.

I hope things continue to go well (maybe a bit better if that's what you need to happen). I'm not sure I could do it as I'm very methodical and need time to sort out how to best tackle a situation- I admire anyone who can think quickly on their feet when it's necessary. (I once tried to climb up a wall to get to my then 3yo DS after he tumbled down the stairs. Meanwhile my friend... took the stairs to get to him.):eek: :rotfl:

:rotfl2: That's kinda funny, but honestly it's not always that easy for even nurses, and I don't always think as quickly as I should. Maybe that will come and get easier with more practice. Many times decisions are made collaboratively, so it's not always only one person thinking quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter