The ABC's of Trip Planning, Pt 1- K is for Keeping Things Kooky- Drinks V-Z; pg. 197 + New Link

I'm trying so, SO hard to scrape up some semblance of sympathy from the sympathy heap, but ya know.... I just looked this up:

Maui
Sun
Showers
rain_light.png

°F | °C
Precipitation: 40%
Humidity: 87%
Wind: 17 mph

Sun
rain_light.png

74°
59°
Mon
rain_s_cloudy.png

74°
58°
Tue
cloudy.png

72°
58°
Wed
rain_light.png

71°
57°
Thu
rain_s_cloudy.png

73°
57°
Fri
rain_s_cloudy.png

74°
57°
Sat
partly_cloudy.png

74°
56°
Sun
partly_cloudy.png

74°
55°

Liesa , loved the stickers and what a great idea as thankyous to mousekeeping . Hope your trip next month goes well !! Now this October wedding is going to affect the TRIP in anyway ??????
Accu=idents are so scarey !! Samatha was in one yesterday but it was sooo minor they didn't even call the police . Icey roads caused a lady to bump into her but it was so slight nothing was damaged on Sam's car and the woman was more than happy to forget it !!!

Liesa , loved the stickers and what a great idea as thankyous to mousekeeping . Hope your trip next month goes well !! Now this October wedding is going to affect the TRIP in anyway ??????
Accu=idents are so scarey !! Samatha was in one yesterday but it was sooo minor they didn't even call the police . Icey roads caused a lady to bump into her but it was so slight nothing was damaged on Sam's car and the woman was more than happy to forget it !!!

It'll be so fun to finally be able to start making all my fun things to take and share. My little books, Mousekeeping envelopes, T-shirts, etc...

No, the wedding won't affect the trip. Emily has told me she wouldn't plan it during the trip; I'm unbelievably relieved there won't be any drama there.

Glad to hear Samantha was ok! And that the po-po didn't have to get involved. That usually means higher insurance for everyone. :(

I think I'm still in shock you have flowers already. We might get snowdrops next month. Sometimes, nothing until mid April! We are in the grey part of winter where football is done, and spring seems forever away...

I think I'm still in shock you have flowers already. We might get snowdrops next month. Sometimes, nothing until mid April! We are in the grey part of winter where football is done, and spring seems forever away...

I know! It's been a crazy winter here. Only one dusting of snow; LOTS of rain, and warmer than normal temps.

There's always the tanning booths. Haha! I dunno, I try to make December/January full of fresh bouquets, candles, and fires in my fireplace.

Fortunately, we are pretty busy, so not much time to dwell on greyness. We also got a nice little dusting of snow today - enough to make a lot of the grey back to white. No tanning beds for me, thank you very much!

Fortunately, we are pretty busy, so not much time to dwell on greyness. We also got a nice little dusting of snow today - enough to make a lot of the grey back to white. No tanning beds for me, thank you very much!

Staying busy is the best cure. I agree!!

I can't remember where you are from, but my parents in Kentucky got about 6 inches today. Seems winter is hanging on in a lot of places yet.

And no! No tanning beds! I've never been in one; they have enough of a track record for cancer to keep me well away.

Hey Y'all, I could use your good thoughts and prayers tomorrow. A couple of days ago my tendinitis in my left wrist came back with the vengeance of a bride stiffed at the altar. I'm left handed. I can seriously barely hold a pen to sign my name, let alone attempt to hang an IV bag or change a bed. There is no way I'll be able to do much of anything tomorrow at Clinical unless a miracle happens; I'd hate to get an absence so close to being done!! I've been taking hefty doses of ibuprofen hoping for the best. I've got it in a brace, but every little nothing hurts like you know what.

Thanks!!!

I miss the Jacaranda and Bougainvillea. :(

The jacaranda have not started blooming yet (that I've noticed) but the pink Ns white blossoms have. Our bougainvillea have not stated blooming but we have lots of those.

Mine was too. 1989 seems like a thousand years ago.

That's scary. You're younger than me and mine was in 1991. But I was on the I the 8 year plan.

Hey Y'all, I could use your good thoughts and prayers tomorrow. A couple of days ago my tendinitis in my left wrist came back with the vengeance of a bride stiffed at the altar. I'm left handed. I can seriously barely hold a pen to sign my name, let alone attempt to hang an IV bag or change a bed. There is no way I'll be able to do much of anything tomorrow at Clinical unless a miracle happens; I'd hate to get an absence so close to being done!! I've been taking hefty doses of ibuprofen hoping for the best. I've got it in a brace, but every little nothing hurts like you know what.

Thanks!!!

Ugh! I hope that the ibuprofen kicks in and does what you need. Sorry you are having pain.

Staying busy is the best cure. I agree!!

I can't remember where you are from, but my parents in Kentucky got about 6 inches today. Seems winter is hanging on in a lot of places yet.

And no! No tanning beds! I've never been in one; they have enough of a track record for cancer to keep me well away.

I'm in the far northern suburbs of Chicago. So, we just missed a bunch of snow that went to the south of us, which is fine with me!

I hope the ibuprofen helped your wrist!

I'm trying so, SO hard to scrape up some semblance of sympathy from the sympathy heap, but ya know.... I just looked this up:

Maui
Sun
Showers
rain_light.png

°F | °C
Precipitation: 40%
Humidity: 87%
Wind: 17 mph

Sun
rain_light.png

74°
59°
Mon
rain_s_cloudy.png

74°
58°
Tue
cloudy.png

72°
58°
Wed
rain_light.png

71°
57°
Thu
rain_s_cloudy.png

73°
57°
Fri
rain_s_cloudy.png

74°
57°
Sat
partly_cloudy.png

74°
56°
Sun
partly_cloudy.png

74°
55°

I think I'm going to enjoy this trip...

A couple of days ago my tendinitis in my left wrist came back with the vengeance of a bride stiffed at the altar.

Whoa. Now that's vengeful!

I can seriously barely hold a pen to sign my name, let alone attempt to hang an IV bag or change a bed. There is no way I'll be able to do much of anything tomorrow at Clinical unless a miracle happens; I'd hate to get an absence so close to being done!! I've been taking hefty doses of ibuprofen hoping for the best. I've got it in a brace, but every little nothing hurts like you know what.

Thinking good thoughts! Good luck!

I do understand that this is not your typical Pre-Trip Report. It has a glaring void of much of anything to do with Disney, and yet it is everything to do with Disney. It is a long, slow journey there, and I am so blessed to have you as friends to join in that travel. Thank you for sticking with me during the tedium of tests and exhaustion. It means the world to me.
Well, we're just hoping the Disney pay-off at the end makes it all worthwhile.

And a lot of Safeway Monopoly pieces. Don't forget the Safeway Monopoly pieces. I'm going to win a gazillion dollars and a $500,000 vacation home too. The chances are about as good as getting a 90% on my next exam.
So you're saying there's a chance!

If you wing a gazillion dollars you're taking all of us to Disney World with you, right? :rolleyes1

When Commencement information arrives and my Honors Tassels and Stole come a few days later. I guess I'd better get to work on finding a used Cap and Gown and decorating said mortarboard.
Spring is just around the corner!!!

And while you have flowers blooming, we just had our first substantial snowfall. How is it that spring hits the PNW so early? It seems counter-intuitive.

But those weren't the only things to arrive in my mailbox. There were actually some DISNEY goodies. The following I present to you as Food-in-the-form-of-everyday-spending.
Cool! Always nice to get those reward cards. They never seem to last very long though.

Regardless, I thought it was a nice little gesture on the part of Disney to give me $.03 cents worth of paper in order to get me to spend 10,000 times that. To their credit it usually works.
::yes::

I booked a Spring Break trip to Kentucky to see my Mama and Poppa! Although they've already planned a trip out to see us here in Oregon in May, I am going to absolutely BLOW THEIR MINDS and completely surprise them by showing up on their doorstep on March 21. It'll be a super short trip only until the 25th, but naturally, I'm super excited to see them again. Looking for fun things to do again in the area, but mostly want to just spend time with them. Another big reason to go is to spend time with my Almost-Daughter-In-Law, Emily, and see if there is anything I can do to help her plan the October wedding.
Sounds like a nice trip and a good way to forget about school for a week.

You are getting so close to being done! I'm jealous of the flowers...we still have our snowiest month ahead of us (even though I'm ditching half of March to go Down Under!) and no flowers for awhile yet.

Hope your wrist improves quickly!

Jill in CO

Thanks for the well wishes on the wrist. Made it through another Clinical day with not too many problems. I had to help move a patient up in bed a few times (done by basically dragging them up while on a top sheet- which sounds horrible, but isn't) and that REALLY hurt it a lot, but I babied it pretty well and will continue to this week before next Monday. More later, but I'm completely exhausted and going to bed.

Soak in some epsom salt. Peppermint oil is good to drop in the water as well if you have no heart or blood pressure conditions. It warms and softens the muscles as well as the Epsom salt!

Been MIA, but have caught up now.
Way to go on your exam and clinical! I admire your hard work. Glad you can enjoy a little end of the tunnel feeling and still have a good work ethic to keep pushing on strong
Yuck on teen drama. I just remember the mom/daughter drama. Luckily that is starting to pass. She's at college. Recently I did something for her, she thanked me.
I told her that's what mom's are for and she said "yea they're awesome":hug:
I'm jealous of your early spring. We had snow. Thank goodness it was a only a couple of inches.
So glad you have a trip planned to see parents and DIL to be. You'll be ready for that!

Last edited:
And a lot of Safeway Monopoly pieces. Don't forget the Safeway Monopoly pieces. I'm going to win a gazillion dollars and a $500,000 vacation home too. The chances are about as good as getting a 90% on my next exam.

Hey, we collect those, too! (Well, ours are from Acme markets--where Wile E. Coyote does his shopping, too.) I think we're one piece away from all of the grand prizes, so that's typically as close as we get.

When Commencement information arrives and my Honors Tassels and Stole come a few days later. I guess I'd better get to work on finding a used Cap and Gown and decorating said mortarboard. June is coming sooner than I think!

:woohoo: It'll be here before you know it!

"How about another Dole Whip?"

Is that even a question? Just assume the answer is yes.

Regardless, I thought it was a nice little gesture on the part of Disney to give me $.03 cents worth of paper in order to get me to spend 10,000 times that. To their credit it usually works.

::yes:: We're all suckers.

I had hoped for a pregnancy announcement. At least this one poops outside.

So you have that going for you, which is nice.

I booked a Spring Break trip to Kentucky to see my Mama and Poppa!

:cool1::banana: Sounds great! Always nice to have something on the horizon to look forward to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter