The ABC's of Trip Planning, Pt 1- K is for Keeping Things Kooky- Drinks V-Z; pg. 197 + New Link

Way to go!! Too bad about the accident...good thing for the generator of you'd have to study by candle light...not good!

Thanks!! It is too bad! Life is so fragile- one second you're talking to your friend in the passenger seat, the next she is dead. :(

We went to bed very early; gas was running low in it.

86 is good! And I'm glad you're keeping a positive attitude about it instead of losing your @$#& because you got less than an 88. : Rotfl2:

I try to keep that together at all times. Most of the time I'm successful. :lmao:

I know you were hoping for more, but it is still a very good result! And I think considering how hard the program is, you are still doing extremely well! Congratulations! I can't believe that it is only two more exams and one final and the term is over (funny note: I just forgot to put a space between term and is and the word was autocorrected into vermin!!).

THere are so many who would probably give a lot to have my score, so I am very grateful that it is what it is. It is WELL above passing and truly that's all that matters. That, and knowing I did my best. It has gone so incredibly quickly- this term especially! Each week is very full making it really fly by!

Awesome autocorrect!! : Rotfl:

By the way, I heard about the train crash in Bavaria. You and yours ok??

Congrats, good job!!!

Thanks!! Making progress and marching along. :dancer:

Yay Liesa! You are still on track to finish awesomely! Hope you got your power back

Choo- choo!!!! Some day, before I know it, I'll look back and ask myself how did that happen?!!

Um... good luck? It sounds like you're going to need a drink with your ice cream.

This is what you need to deal with all that drama!

http://theicecreambar.com/

If I hadn't had to come home and finish 2 papers by midnight, I'd had indulged. However if I had either Jill's or this would've worked perfectly:

images

Which I can't wait to try!

Thank you all so much for your well wishes and good thoughts! I had hoped to spend time here this afternoon, but came home to no power. Apparently, there was a fatal wreck just past my turn off and our entire neighborhood is without power. They have to auger in a new power pole. We have our generator going, but need to use my precious little time with power to prep for tomorrow's chest tube Lab.

The Exam went fine. I passed again with a respectable 86%, and may get one question back. We'll see. Not that important. 2 more regular exams to go and 1 Final; 2 small papers, 4 Clinical days (1 in the ED- super excited about that one!) and a Lab. Winding down in a lot of ways!
Terrible news on the fatal wreck...........for the families affected :sad1: ........and for your minor speed bump on getting your papers done! :hug: Great news on your continued success with your exams! As classes and semesters are getting closer to being done............that trip on your horizon is getting closer to BEING!!! :cheer2:

But WAIT, that's not all. Behind Door #3 is some RIDONKULOUS Jr. High Girl Drama I get to snuff tonight with my daughter and her friend-turned-snarkster. So, in an hour I don't have... to spend trying to convince two 13 year olds that it's not ok behavior... I will be treating them to ice cream and a few well-chosen, tender, but firm words of "Old Lady" wisdom.
Yes, that's exactly the way my Dad dealt with "not okay behavior!" :scratchin :sad2: I would have wanted some ice cream, but not for eating..........for sittin'! :rolleyes1

I saw the story on that one too, but based on the location I'm thinking.........hoping............there wasn't any "personal" ties to it. :scared:

Yes, very much then like Nursing. For us it's every week a 12 hour shift; next term 3 12 hour shifts a week. Free labor for them...

I recently talked about this with Michael as his mother is a retired nurse. I was totally shocked about the 12 hour shifts. In the European Union it is illegal to make employees work more than 10 hours a day, so here it is three shifts of 8 hours each for nurses.

cook with electricity

Is that so unusual? Here very few people would have gas to cook, much more people have gas for heating.

I saw the story on that one too, but based on the location I'm thinking.........hoping............there wasn't any "personal" ties to it. :scared:

Thanks for asking Liesa and Marv! The train wreck was horrible - considering that I have travelled on that line and taking the train is just so much part of daily life. One always thinks that trains are so safe. And statistically they are. But when something does happen it always is really bad because of the many people on the train and the high speeds. But luckily no one I know was affected. I have a very dear friend who takes a similar commuter train every morning in the area (about 200 miles from where I live), but it was a different line than the one she would take. But at first it was a bit of a shock because of her.

Because of the power not coming on until after midnight last night, I wasn't able to finish the 2!!!!

Well of course. You can't finish #2 without something to read. And you can't read without light.
But I've discovered something that will change your life.
Technology.
Before going #2, make sure you grab your iPod, iPad, iPhone/smart phone and you'll be happy as a clam sitting there.
Just beware that if you only have one bathroom there may be others who might need to use it.

But WAIT, that's not all. Behind Door #3 is some RIDONKULOUS Jr. High Girl Drama I get to snuff tonight with my daughter and her friend-turned-snarkster.

Oh boy. Been there.... too often. Recently too.
Teen girls are evil.

So, in an hour I don't have... to spend trying to convince two 13 year olds that it's not ok behavior... I will be treating them to ice cream and a few well-chosen, tender, but firm words of "Old Lady" wisdom.

Good luck!

I have a GLORIOUS day of NO class, Lab, or Clinical that I can finally get new tires for my SUV and get a real update done!!

Skip the tires, write the update!

You know I'd love nothing more.

I know.

You know I'm kidding, right?

zzzzzz.... huh? Whazzat? Wha?

Any countryman of a place that makes Beaver Butt soap... well, I'm wondering who should be doing the skoolin'.

We don't all make that soap you know.
There's that one guy who doesn't. What a freak.

Which is better than a 0% chance.

This is true.

I made it to about 3rd base.

All right! Way to go! The romance is still alive!

It's so true. Only for my own satisfaction. I want to do my very best at whatever I set my hand to....

I get that. I really do.

It is a narrow 2 lane highway, which also happens to be a major thoroughfare to the next town over for a commute. It is very busy from 7:00-9:00 AM and again in the evening. But this wreck was at 2:00. The State Patrol put out a statement saying that she may have swerved to avoid hitting an oncoming car in her lane and they were investigating that. I hope someone didn't get away with unintentional murder. :( But yeah, every year at least there is a fatality, and about once a month at corner there is a fender bender or a little worse.

I've changed my mind. Get the tires.

Reminds me of our last home. We lived close to an intersection on a fairly long street.
It went like this. Traffic lights, four way stop, four way stop, traffic lights, stop sign for crossing traffic only (that's where we lived), traffic lights.

Every few months we'd hear a <bang> and I'd say, "Well, I'm going out to see if anyone needs any help."
Luckily it wasn't a highway so the speeds were considerably lower. Never saw anyone get seriously hurt.

W is for: When Good Things Are Happening

It has been a GREAT week! In so many ways.

I do understand that this is not your typical Pre-Trip Report. It has a glaring void of much of anything to do with Disney, and yet it is everything to do with Disney. It is a long, slow journey there, and I am so blessed to have you as friends to join in that travel. Thank you for sticking with me during the tedium of tests and exhaustion. It means the world to me.

Accomplishment comes in small increments, it seems, for this particular journey; this week was no exception. I passed another exam, did well in Simulation, wrote (and hopefully passed) the big paper for the term, survived this week's Clinical, and hopefully played a part in helping a 35 year old survive alcohol withdrawal and point her in the direction of sobriety; I got new tires, a pedicure, and groceries. And a lot of Safeway Monopoly pieces. Don't forget the Safeway Monopoly pieces. I'm going to win a gazillion dollars and a $500,000 vacation home too. The chances are about as good as getting a 90% on my next exam.

Spring is in the air- the frogs have started to sing at night, my daffodils are blooming, and we've started mowing the lawn. Know how else I know time is marching on and change is in the air??

upload_2016-2-13_13-57-16.png

upload_2016-2-13_13-58-25.png

When Commencement information arrives and my Honors Tassels and Stole come a few days later. I guess I'd better get to work on finding a used Cap and Gown and decorating said mortarboard. June is coming sooner than I think!

But those weren't the only things to arrive in my mailbox. There were actually some DISNEY goodies. The following I present to you as Food-in-the-form-of-everyday-spending. Yep, by the time the trip rolls around, I'll have well over $400 in Disney Bucks to throw around like there's no tomorrow. "Hey kids, wanna Coke?" (A question they hear about once a year.) "How about another Dole Whip?" "Oh yes please, Mama! You're the best!". I can see their Dole Whip stained faces now. Can't say as though I mind.

upload_2016-2-13_14-5-23.png

Wanna know the best part? The cards are reloadable and never expire. Love me some of that! Makes me sort of think wistfully about flirting with a Bounceback.

Lastly, look at these little Sweeties:

upload_2016-2-13_14-18-31.png

Ideas. Lots and lots of ideas. But the one that keeps winning in the War of Ideas is using the non-wordy little stickers to create 13 little thank you cards for Mousekeeping tips. Another idea was to use them for our Countdown, but I think I'll use something else for the Countdown somehow related to the weekly movie that will correspond. Regardless, I thought it was a nice little gesture on the part of Disney to give me $.03 cents worth of paper in order to get me to spend 10,000 times that. To their credit it usually works.

Anyway, I became a first time Grandma today. To a dog. A cute little pitbull/blue heeler mix named Ace was added to my daughter and her hubby's family. I had hoped for a pregnancy announcement. At least this one poops outside.

OH and some of the best news of all this week!

I booked a Spring Break trip to Kentucky to see my Mama and Poppa! Although they've already planned a trip out to see us here in Oregon in May, I am going to absolutely BLOW THEIR MINDS and completely surprise them by showing up on their doorstep on March 21. It'll be a super short trip only until the 25th, but naturally, I'm super excited to see them again. Looking for fun things to do again in the area, but mostly want to just spend time with them. Another big reason to go is to spend time with my Almost-Daughter-In-Law, Emily, and see if there is anything I can do to help her plan the October wedding.

And that wraps up today's Edition of The ABCs of Trip Planning. Good night and God Bless!

This is Steppe signing off until the next Edition of Someday-I'll-Have-My-Life-Back

Replies later.... Bek and Nathan (and Ace) are here for dinner and the evening. Need to spend time with family when I get the chance!!!

Time is flying by and you will be done before you know it!

Interesting that you need to purchase your cap and gown. Interesting how things are different and yet the same in different areas of the world.

It has been a GREAT week! In so many ways.

Great! :goodvibes

It has a glaring void of much of anything to do with Disney

Oh! So that's what that is!
Ruby and I were staring at your PTR and commenting:
"What is that???"
"I don't know!"
"It's like some kind of glaring void."
"I know!"

and I am so blessed to have you as friends to join in that travel

Our pleasure!

Thank you for sticking with me during the tedium of tests and exhaustion. It means the world to me.

:hug:

wrote (and hopefully passed) the big paper for the term

When will you get the result?

and hopefully played a part in helping a 35 year old survive alcohol withdrawal and point her in the direction of sobriety;

DTs?

I got new tires, a pedicure, and groceries.

Now there's a full day.

I'm going to win a gazillion dollars and a $500,000 vacation home too.

Niiiice.

The chances are about as good as getting a 90% on my next exam.

All right! It's a lock then!
Party at Liesa's new pad!

Spring is in the air- the frogs have started to sing at night

You're kidding right?

my daffodils are blooming, and we've started mowing the lawn.

Please tell me that you're kidding.
We had -40 (with the wind) today.

Hey! Coming soon!

There were actually some DISNEY goodies.

Yay!

"How about another Dole Whip?"

::yes:: Oh yes... please.

Makes me sort of think wistfully about flirting with a Bounceback.

:rolleyes2 Funny how that happens.

I thought it was a nice little gesture on the part of Disney to give me $.03 cents worth of paper in order to get me to spend 10,000 times that. To their credit it usually works.

Yep. Kind of like when they give you....ONE HUNDRED ARCADE CREDITS!!!!!!

Anyway, I became a first time Grandma today. To a dog. A cute little pitbull/blue heeler mix named Ace was added to my daughter and her hubby's family. I had hoped for a pregnancy announcement.

One thing at a time.
They gotta do the dog thing first.
That's how we did it too.

At least this one poops outside.

Uh huh. Have you never had a puppy before?

I booked a Spring Break trip to Kentucky to see my Mama and Poppa!

Nice!

Another big reason to go is to spend time with my Almost-Daughter-In-Law, Emily, and see if there is anything I can do to help her plan the October wedding.

And... even nicer.

This is Steppe signing off until the next Edition of Someday-I'll-Have-My-Life-Back

Not too much longer now!

Terrible news on the fatal wreck...........for the families affected :sad1: ........and for your minor speed bump on getting your papers done! :hug: Great news on your continued success with your exams! As classes and semesters are getting closer to being done............that trip on your horizon is getting closer to BEING!!! :cheer2:

It's always sad to hear of news like that. :( When I hear sirens on our road, it's almost always for bad stuff. Like really bad stuff.

It's getting really close, relatively speaking. I know there are a ton of people who go every year, and 40 days would seem like a very long time to them, but not for this gal! 239 days today!!

Yes, that's exactly the way my Dad dealt with "not okay behavior!" :scratchin :sad2: I would have wanted some ice cream, but not for eating..........for sittin'! :rolleyes1

They've all seen plenty of the business end of a spanking spoon, but at 13, it's time to elicit apologies and help them see acceptable ways to deal with conflict.

Glad it wasn't as close to our friend, but sad to have seen the photos this morning again on the news.

I recently talked about this with Michael as his mother is a retired nurse. I was totally shocked about the 12 hour shifts. In the European Union it is illegal to make employees work more than 10 hours a day, so here it is three shifts of 8 hours each for nurses.

So they only work 24 hours a week? WOW! That's "part-time" here and there would probably not be any benefits (life and health insurance or pensions). Full time here is those 3 12's. Very interesting the differences!

Is that so unusual? Here very few people would have gas to cook, much more people have gas for heating.

I don't know the statistics. I do know Oregon has quite a lot of electricity in general because of our hydroelectric dams, but I have a ton of friends that cook and heat on gas. We heat with oil, cook with electricity and have satellite internet.

Thanks for asking Liesa and Marv! The train wreck was horrible - considering that I have travelled on that line and taking the train is just so much part of daily life. One always thinks that trains are so safe. And statistically they are. But when something does happen it always is really bad because of the many people on the train and the high speeds. But luckily no one I know was affected. I have a very dear friend who takes a similar commuter train every morning in the area (about 200 miles from where I live), but it was a different line than the one she would take. But at first it was a bit of a shock because of her.

It looks awful! I looked at photos again today, and what a mess! Yes, European trains travel much faster than American ones, so I'd imagine the consequences would be much worse. I"m so glad your friend was safe and hope the families affected can find peace.

Well of course. You can't finish #2 without something to read. And you can't read without light.
But I've discovered something that will change your life.
Technology.
Before going #2, make sure you grab your iPod, iPad, iPhone/smart phone and you'll be happy as a clam sitting there.
Just beware that if you only have one bathroom there may be others who might need to use it.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

(Isn't it pathetic that we stoop to potty humor whenever possible?)

Oh boy. Been there.... too often. Recently too.
Teen girls are evil.

Why IS that?! Seriously, it's like prison gangs.

Skip the tires, write the update!

I did both. Cuz I'm just that good.

We don't all make that soap you know.
There's that one guy who doesn't. What a freak.

He's busy making Bear Turd or something else.

All right! Way to go! The romance is still alive!

Hubba, hubba.

I've changed my mind. Get the tires.

I did. I love them! And feel like I spent my Churros money.

Reminds me of our last home. We lived close to an intersection on a fairly long street.
It went like this. Traffic lights, four way stop, four way stop, traffic lights, stop sign for crossing traffic only (that's where we lived), traffic lights.

Every few months we'd hear a <bang> and I'd say, "Well, I'm going out to see if anyone needs any help."
Luckily it wasn't a highway so the speeds were considerably lower. Never saw anyone get seriously hurt.

Yikes! Glad it wasn't ever worse, but still, always scary to see people at risk.

Time is flying by and you will be done before you know it!

Interesting that you need to purchase your cap and gown. Interesting how things are different and yet the same in different areas of the world.

It's really going so FAST! I can't believe how the whole first half of the term is already over; in fact more than that! I can start saying I'll be done in weeks now, not years! Let's see... 4 in this term, and 11 after that! 15 weeks!

Oh! So that's what that is!
Ruby and I were staring at your PTR and commenting:
"What is that???"
"I don't know!"
"It's like some kind of glaring void."
"I know!"

So, like plot twists in a Nicholas Sparks movie.

When will you get the result?

I hope this week. About the same time I get my results from my heart tests. They may be correlative.

Yes, exactly those. 35 years old!!! WTH?!

All right! It's a lock then!
Party at Liesa's new pad!

I'll provide the imaginary pad; you can bring chips and salsa.

You're kidding right?

upload_2016-2-14_14-10-57.png

upload_2016-2-14_14-11-24.png

Please tell me that you're kidding.
We had -40 (with the wind) today.

upload_2016-2-14_14-11-47.png

upload_2016-2-14_14-12-4.png

From the gardens today.

Yep. Kind of like when they give you....ONE HUNDRED ARCADE CREDITS!!!!!!

Equivalent to about 1 game, then.

One thing at a time.
They gotta do the dog thing first.
That's how we did it too.

So get the fighting over who scoops poop over with early. I guess getting that settled will save time later on.

Uh huh. Have you never had a puppy before?

Nope. Never will either. I like my furniture, and sleep.

Attachments

• IMG_1530.JPG
    IMG_1530.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1530.JPG
    IMG_1530.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 0
Spring is in the air

Rub it in why don't ya lol it's minus about a hundred here :)

So glad things are going well - Disney bucks and grand doggies and acing tests...all amazing stuff!! Makes looking forward to your trips that much sweeter!!

Liesa, I am replying from the iPad therefore no quoting, but nurses usually work 5 days with 8 hours each, three shifts of 8 hours in one day. So 40 hours a week. Some might have 35 hours. But here everyone, even part time people get benefits, health insurance and pension. However, the less you earn, the less your pension will be. Oh and life insurance is never a job benefit. Yes, thinks are just different!

Rub it in why don't ya lol it's minus about a hundred here :)

The weather is so whacky this year! I hear y'all are in for another storm and here we are with 60 and showers... and flowers.

So glad things are going well - Disney bucks and grand doggies and acing tests...all amazing stuff!! Makes looking forward to your trips that much sweeter!!

Very sweet for sure! I long for the day when I can start making all my little trip goodies and start shopping for it and pack, and you know, be a Disney geek.

Liesa, I am replying from the iPad therefore no quoting, but nurses usually work 5 days with 8 hours each, three shifts of 8 hours in one day. So 40 hours a week. Some might have 35 hours. But here everyone, even part time people get benefits, health insurance and pension. However, the less you earn, the less your pension will be. Oh and life insurance is never a job benefit. Yes, thinks are just different!

Oh, OK, I get it now. That's more usual for most other jobs- it seems to be in the healthcare industry where we see this most. I think the goal is to provide better patient care continuity, which does make sense to me. I do believe they've found few "hand-off" errors in medications and report giving. Definitely trade-offs for both systems.

I do understand that this is not your typical Pre-Trip Report. It has a glaring void of much of anything to do with Disney, and yet it is everything to do with Disney. It is a long, slow journey there, and I am so blessed to have you as friends to join in that travel. Thank you for sticking with me during the tedium of tests and exhaustion. It means the world to me.

What you are doing is incredibly difficult and you are to be admired for sticking through it. You so deserve this trip when it finally rolls around.

Accomplishment comes in small increments, it seems, for this particular journey; this week was no exception. I passed another exam, did well in Simulation, wrote (and hopefully passed) the big paper for the term, survived this week's Clinical, and hopefully played a part in helping a 35 year old survive alcohol withdrawal and point her in the direction of sobriety; I got new tires, a pedicure, and groceries.

That's a lot of stuff! :faint:

And a lot of Safeway Monopoly pieces. Don't forget the Safeway Monopoly pieces. I'm going to win a gazillion dollars and a $500,000 vacation home too.

Where's this vacation home going to be? :hyper:

Spring is in the air- the frogs have started to sing at night, my daffodils are blooming, and we've started mowing the lawn.

The trees here are blooming too! But our gardener mows the lawn year round.

When Commencement information arrives and my Honors Tassels and Stole come a few days later. I guess I'd better get to work on finding a used Cap and Gown and decorating said mortarboard.

Well good that those things arrived, but I can't believe that you have to supply your own cap and gown! I don't remember what college graduation was like, it was a lifetime ago!

But those weren't the only things to arrive in my mailbox. There were actually some DISNEY goodies. The following I present to you as Food-in-the-form-of-everyday-spending. Yep, by the time the trip rolls around, I'll have well over $400 in Disney Bucks to throw around like there's no tomorrow.

Yay for Disney money! $400 will go quite a ways for you and yours!

Regardless, I thought it was a nice little gesture on the part of Disney to give me $.03 cents worth of paper in order to get me to spend 10,000 times that. To their credit it usually works.

Yeah, funny how they do that!

I booked a Spring Break trip to Kentucky to see my Mama and Poppa! Although they've already planned a trip out to see us here in Oregon in May, I am going to absolutely BLOW THEIR MINDS and completely surprise them by showing up on their doorstep on March 21. It'll be a super short trip only until the 25th, but naturally, I'm super excited to see them again.

That's great! I'm sure they will be thrilled to see you!

Not much longer now!

What you are doing is incredibly difficult and you are to be admired for sticking through it. You so deserve this trip when it finally rolls around.

It has been incredibly difficult. Believe it or not, I had ZERO idea what a nurse really does when I started the program. I had NO idea they actually have to know the signs and symptoms of declining conditions and then communicate these findings/ feelings/recommendations for care to the MD. It is SO, SOOOOO much more and bigger than what I'd thought when I started. The gravity of the responsibility is still kind of trying to sink in and I'm trying wrap my brain around it. I admit, it rather scares the crap out of me, really.

That's a lot of stuff! :faint:

I'm exhausted, but feeling a little recharged after taking a couple of nice TRUE days off.

Where's this vacation home going to be? :hyper:

LOL! I suppose wherever Safeway says it'll be. Probably in Siberia with my luck.

The trees here are blooming too!

I miss the Jacaranda and Bougainvillea. :(

but I can't believe that you have to supply your own cap and gown!

I know! I can buy them new for $30. But rumor has it you can find them super cheap at the Goodwill.

I don't remember what college graduation was like, it was a lifetime ago!

Mine was too. 1989 seems like a thousand years ago.

Yay for Disney money! $400 will go quite a ways for you and yours!

For reals!!

That's great! I'm sure they will be thrilled to see you!

I hope so. Emily says that she is pretty sure they don't have plans, so I sure hope they'll be not busy!

I think I've made it to the threads I'm subscribed to, but if you're here and I haven't visited your PTR or TR yet, LET ME KNOW! I don't regularly get on and scroll the list. :) Can't promise a ton of regularity (although I hear leafy greens help with that) but I'll make it as I can and have time.

(Isn't it pathetic that we stoop to potty humor whenever possible?)

That's the highest form of humour.

Why IS that?! Seriously, it's like prison gangs.

::yes:: Unfortunately.
At least with DD#2, we haven't had to get the cops involved...

I did both. Cuz I'm just that good.

Yes you are.

He's busy making Bear Turd or something else.

Correct.

I did. I love them! And feel like I spent my Churros money.

Awww...

I hope this week. About the same time I get my results from my heart tests. They may be correlative.

Possibly... possibly.

Yes, exactly those. 35 years old!!! WTH?!

Sad. And, unfortunately, not surprising.

I'll provide the imaginary pad; you can bring chips and salsa.

Done!

From the gardens today.

:sad: -40 yesterday... today, much warmer -10C/14F... but I had to shovel snow.

So get the fighting over who scoops poop over with early. I guess getting that settled will save time later on.

Nope.
"Oh, we have a dog. She's just like our child, so we're ready for parenthood."

:lmao:

(That was us.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter