The 5 trips of My "Disney Free Year" - A Mermaid, A Buzz, A Boat and A Steak - 7/8

So your saying, I should start training now? Endurance is important.

Yes. Endurance training is a must! :rotfl: Now we just need a squishee station at Bayshore! :cutie::rotfl:

Hey, if it ain't dogs playing poker, it ain't art!:lmao:

Do you know if there is an age requirment for the animation academy? Kid wise.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I don't believe there's an age limit. We've been next to babies and kids under 3 before, I'm pretty sure it's open to everyone.

DSCN0289.jpg

After the class, we headed back to RnRc to cash in our FPs.

DSCN0290.jpg

DSCN0291.jpg

The standby time was 70 minutes by now. Yay Morning EMH!

DSCN0292.jpg

Fortunately, we could bypass the line, and made it just in time for Aerosmith to have to leave. Bummer!

DSCN0294.jpg

DSCN0295.jpg

DSCN0297.jpg

DSCN0300.jpg

Man, was that ride boring!

DSCN0303.jpg

After making it to the VIP parking lot at the Aerosmith concert, we waived goodbye to DHS, and headed out to the next destination.

DSCN0304.jpg

DSCN0305.jpg

Not too shabby, by 10:30, we were headed to our 2nd park.

We waited a really long time for our bus! Boredom produced this series of pictures…

DSCN0306.jpg

DSCN0308.jpg

DSCN0309.jpg

Eventually, we were headed to our next destination.
The Animal Kingdom!

DSCN0313.jpg

The first thing we saw was a bird nesting! How cool – but really fishy smelling ewwww!

DSCN0314.jpg

DSCN0315.jpg

DSCN0316.jpg

DSCN0318.jpg

Soon we saw the wonderful sight.

DSCN0319.jpg

Our first Destination? First Aid for some Band-Aids for Panic’s feet. Thanks to Sarah (WDWgirl03) for pointing out on one of my TRs that the ladybugs I took a picture of were the marker for the First Aid station. Otherwise, I would have had no clue where to go!

DSCN0320.jpg

Band-Aids procured and applied, we headed out and grabbed a FP for Everest.

DSCN0321.jpg

Normally, this is such a pretty scene. But this time there was something wrong with the water, and it was all yucky and algaey

DSCN0322.jpg

DSCN0323.jpg

Somehow that makes it less awe-inspiring for me. Guess I’m really that fickle.

DSCN0324.jpg

DSCN0325.jpg

DSCN0326.jpg

Apparently we took the really long way to Everest. (again, not being smart with our steps)

DSCN0327.jpg

DSCN0329.jpg

DSCN0331.jpg

DSCN0332.jpg

DSCN0333.jpg

DSCN0334.jpg

DSCN0335.jpg

Then we ran into a little bird show.

What you lookin’ at?

DSCN0337.jpg

What?? Wasn’t me!

DSCN0338.jpg

We kept a wandering.' But nope, we’re not at Everest yet!

DSCN0339.jpg

DSCN0340.jpg

DSCN0341.jpg

DSCN0342.jpg

DSCN0343.jpg

DSCN0345.jpg

Nope, we still haven’t made it to everest.

DSCN0350.jpg

But at least we could see it…

DSCN0352.jpg

I will say, panic was a total sport about it. She didn’t try to kill me once starting and stopping the way I was…

DSCN0353.jpg

DSCN0354.jpg

Finally we made it to Everest and got our fast passes.

DSCN0355.jpg

DSCN0356.jpg

DSCN0357.jpg

DSCN0359.jpg

Time to play with the settings!

DSCN0361.jpg

Then we headed to Dinosaur. Yep, we've esentially circled the ENTIRE park without going on a single attraction!

DSCN0363.jpg

In interest of picture taking, I sucked it up like a big girl and set foot into Chester & Hesters’ roadside atrocity.

DSCN0364.jpg

DSCN0365.jpg

Primeval Whirl was down for rehab. My spine rejoiced!

DSCN0366.jpg

Then we randomly ran into Goofy!

DSCN0367.jpg

Finally we made it into the Dino Institute

DSCN0369.jpg

Rawr!

DSCN0371.jpg

Senior Portrait pose. Take that Mr. Dino!

DSCN0376.jpg

After making it back with one more passenger, extra-large, we still had an hour to kill before our FP window opened up, so we went out in search of a Jalapeño-Cheese pretzel.

We set on our quest to complete the circle of the park, and procure a pretzel.

DSCN0377.jpg

But you know I took 10 million pictures on the way.

DSCN0378.jpg

Scroll baby Scroll!
DSCN0379.jpg

DSCN0380.jpg

DSCN0381.jpg

DSCN0382.jpg

DSCN0383.jpg

DSCN0384.jpg

DSCN0385.jpg

DSCN0386.jpg

DSCN0387.jpg

Okay, let’s get this show on the road!

DSCN0389.jpg

DSCN0391.jpg

DSCN0392.jpg

DSCN0393.jpg

DSCN0394.jpg

DSCN0395.jpg

In case you forgot, I was on the trip too!

DSCN0397.jpg

We went to the stand on Discovery island, and the person in front of us ordered the last one. FOILED! The girl said she’d have more in 20 minutes, or we could go to one of the other stands.

OTHER STANDS? We thought that was the only one. But no, they have them in Asia and Africa too. So we started going to the Asia stand, but then changed our minds, and doubled back to the African one. Only to once again have the person in front of us order the last one.

At this point, I was really thirsty so we decided to get some Vitamin water and take a little rest, before heading back to the Discovery Island stand.

DSCN0398.jpg

Good thing we did, because as we were heading out, I noticed them re-filling the pretzels, so we were able to score our pretzels from Africa anyway. Yay!

DSCN0399.jpg

Hello gorgeous!

DSCN0400.jpg

You are delicious.

DSCN0401.jpg

After that yumminess, it was almost time for our FP window, so we headed back to Asia (please take note of the ridiculously inefficient way we have been touring so far – especially in AK – it will come back to bite us later).

DSCN0403.jpg

Pretzels in our bellies, we headed to Asia to cash in our FPs

DSCN0404.jpg

We’re ready to DO-THIS!

DSCN0407.jpg

WOW! When you said you were going to Dsiney to take pictures, you were not kidding. I'm impressed with the variety you've taken.

I'm in total agreement about the scummy water there in AK. That is gross:sick:

I totally love your trip reports :woohoo: "scroll baby scroll" :rotfl: Just when I was thinking "Sis is wearing a super cute top...hey wait, who is taking all the pictures??? I haven't seen the photographer yet :-)"

You did make me crave a pretzel! You made your poor sister take laps around AK with hamburger for heels? Hope the band-aids worked.

LOVE Expedition Everest! Looking forward to more popcorn:: You are taking me back to my sister trip. SISTERS ROCK!

TK

Um hi :wave: I'm joining in...a bit late. I was cracking up the way you were describing how you made the decision to go on this last time. We are like junkies.

Wow, love all the updates and pictures. The AK ones make me want to go there now.

We actually got to do Buzz (well, sort of...) at the Animation Academy too. We did Woody first and then got to do the speedy version of Buzz. haha

I am so enjoying your TR !! Especially the OKW photos as we are renting DVC points and staying there in a 1 BR in just 24 days !!!:cool1: I found very little info on OKW here on the boards, so I encourage you to go over to the OKW resort thread and post your photos and the OKW Thread in the DVC section as well.

OKW looks gorgeous! I've been curious, for ages, about what it would be like to stay there without a car...

And great photos! Isn't learning a new camera fun?

Reading your TR is making me craving another trip sooooooo badly. I know, I know, I was just there last month, and just in Disneyland, but having a family trip and a CA trip just whetted my appetite for another solo FL one!

Do you think there's some sort of 12-step program I should look into?

WOW! When you said you were going to Dsiney to take pictures, you were not kidding. I'm impressed with the variety you've taken.

I'm in total agreement about the scummy water there in AK. That is gross:sick:

Yeah, I went a little overboard. I'm um... not even 1/2 way through our day :rotfl: Seriously, it's about 11:30 am on this trip. :cutie:

I totally love your trip reports :woohoo: "scroll baby scroll" :rotfl: Just when I was thinking "Sis is wearing a super cute top...hey wait, who is taking all the pictures??? I haven't seen the photographer yet :-)"

You did make me crave a pretzel! You made your poor sister take laps around AK with hamburger for heels? Hope the band-aids worked.

LOVE Expedition Everest! Looking forward to more popcorn:: You are taking me back to my sister trip. SISTERS ROCK!

TK

Thanks for the flattery TK - It'll get you everywhere :goodvibes I totally agree with you. Panic's shirt was super cute - and sister trips are so fun - Especially since I see Panic so rarely.

And I just want to be clear... I am not the one that instigated the "lets traipse around AK like 15 times looking for a pretzel" adventure. That one was all on Panic! I just enjoyed the delicious reward at the end of the tunnel.

Um hi :wave: I'm joining in...a bit late. I was cracking up the way you were describing how you made the decision to go on this last time. We are like junkies.

Howdy! You're excused from being late - just this once.
I really did feel like a junkie. I think there's some kind of drug in the dole whip or something!

Wow, love all the updates and pictures. The AK ones make me want to go there now.

We actually got to do Buzz (well, sort of...) at the Animation Academy too. We did Woody first and then got to do the speedy version of Buzz. haha

I do love he AK. I think I could spend a week there just wandering around! That's so cool that you got to do a bonus character! I would think that Woody would be a lot harder than Buzz - so my hats off to you for doing both!

Great pics! I'm glad that your quest for a pretzel was a success!! :yay:

um... it was a delicious success!:rotfl::rotfl:

My mouth is watering looking at these pics @_@

We also discovered that the jalapeno & cheese pretzels are available at one of the stands in America in the World Showcase at Epcot. Not the funnel cake stand... the other one.

Want Pretzel now. Yum. Better than black raspberry sorbet!

I am so enjoying your TR !! Especially the OKW photos as we are renting DVC points and staying there in a 1 BR in just 24 days !!!:cool1: I found very little info on OKW here on the boards, so I encourage you to go over to the OKW resort thread and post your photos and the OKW Thread in the DVC section as well.

Yay for your trip in just a few days! The 1 BR was very nice! OKW is really growing on me - It has become one of my top 5 favorites! You'll have so much fun! I hardly ever venture outside of the TR forums. I'll definitely check out the OKW thread. It would be good to use this pictures so more - I have a ton of them! :rotfl:

OKW looks gorgeous! I've been curious, for ages, about what it would be like to stay there without a car...

And great photos! Isn't learning a new camera fun?

Reading your TR is making me craving another trip sooooooo badly. I know, I know, I was just there last month, and just in Disneyland, but having a family trip and a CA trip just whetted my appetite for another solo FL one!

Do you think there's some sort of 12-step program I should look into?

The size of OKW is what concerned me at first. But in my experience, they've been pretty good about honoring my request to be close to the main building. They also have an inner-resort shuttle that runs pretty regularly.

It's definitely not as convenient as the Monorail or Epcot resorts, but I say it's no different than staying at AKL or PoP or any of the further resorts.

True story. I got back from a 10 day vacation to Alaska today - like at 9 am. And I'm already pricing out next Disney trip. I just can't get enough. Seriously - I think I need to join you in the 12 step program!

Where were we? Oh yeah.. heading towards Everest with a pretzel in our bellies!

We had a few minutes to kill before our time opened up, we browsed around the shop.

And found the cutest hat ever!

IMG_2345.jpg

Yeee! I’m a Yetti!

IMG_2344.jpg

Thankfully, our Fast Pass time opened up, and we headed out on our expedition up the mountain.

DSCN0408.jpg

DSCN0409.jpg

DSCN0410.jpg

After narrowly escaping the wrath of the Yetti yet again, we decided head out.
Not too bad it was 1:30 and we had 2 parks down! We hopped on the bus to the TTA.

DSCN0414.jpg

Nope, she doesn’t find the picture-taking less annoying when it’s in black and white.

DSCN0415.jpg

The bus was there pretty quickly, and soon, we were at the TTA

DSCN0416.jpg

These gates brought back memories of childhood trips. I’m not sure why, but I vividly remember waiting at these gates.

DSCN0417.jpg

Then we hopped on the Monorail and headed to the Magic Kingdom!

It was crowded!
DSCN0418.jpg

But we boarded in time to get a seat! Yay!

IMG_2347.jpg

DSCN0419.jpg

Part of our Alaska trip is on a bus and train, so I was practicing moving shots

DSCN0422.jpg

DSCN0423.jpg

Soon, we were walking into our 3rd park of the day!

DSCN0428.jpg

Upon arrival at the Magic Kingdom, we started to feel our feet scolding us for our Animal Kingdom escapades, so we decided to hop on the train to Frontierland instead of walking. We walk up to the train standing there and the family in front of us walks through the gate, then the CM slams the gate on Panic. Really? We totally could have made it on faster than the family. Rats!

DSCN0429.jpg

DSCN0431.jpg

Playing with zoom, I got a close up shot of my favorite spot on property.

DSCN0432.jpg

We waited a really long time before the train came. So panic struck a pose!

DSCN0433.jpg

DSCN0434.jpg

Um… Train where are you? Oh you’re here? Oops!

DSCN0436.jpg

The train always makes me think of DH, which made me miss him!

DSCN0437.jpg

Soon, we were steaming our way towards the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness.

DSCN0438.jpg

DSCN0439.jpg

The line was 30 minutes, so we decided to just grab a FP and head to Tomorrowland instead. First order of business was to find a bathroom. But again with the inefficiency of the steps, we wandered around for an inordinately long time before we made it to the bathroom (and no we didn't go to the one that is at the ride - that would be too easy)

DSCN0440.jpg

DSCN0442.jpg

Of course, we stopped by the castle to take a few pictures.

DSCN0445.jpg

DSCN0446.jpg

DSCN0447.jpg

DSCN0448.jpg

DSCN0449.jpg

Soon we were entering the future that never was.

DSCN0450.jpg

DSCN0453.jpg

DSCN0454.jpg

The claw… the claw…

DSCN0455.jpg

DSCN0456.jpg

We checked out the Buzz line, but it was 45 minutes, so we headed to my old buddy the TTA.

These gates brought back memories of childhood trips. I’m not sure why, but I vividly remember waiting at these gates.

DSCN0417.jpg

Those super-fun moments of waiting during your childhood trips really stuck with you, huh? Most kids remember ice cream or the castle or something :laughing:.

Soon we were entering the future that never was.

...yet!!! You don't know that Stitch won't be ruling the planet, stinking up the place!

I've never actually taken the train around the MK. It seems like an efficient way to travel, unless you have to wait an inordinately long amount of time. But then you're at least waiting and not walking!

I will always remember those gates too...probably from all those walks from the Polynesian to the TTC on our way to Epcot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter