The 5 trips of My "Disney Free Year" - A Mermaid, A Buzz, A Boat and A Steak - 7/8

Black truffle fries?! Okay, that sounds good! Definitely going to have to try those.

Sigh....zombies....they're everywhere. I think we're all the walking dead sometimes. :rotfl:

I hate chomping at the bit in the morning! When everyone else is taking their sweet time, I'm like LET'S GO!!!

I'm of no help with traveling with kids to Disney, but have fun!!! I'm sure it's going to be fun experiencing Disney with a kid! :yay:

Ahhh I'd have been going nuts waiting in the room all the way until 10! You're much more patient than I am! :rotfl:

You and me both. I mean I can figure out that I'll have to adjust my Epcot must dos (cuz I'm pretty sure his mom would frown upon me taking him to the tequila bar :lmao:) but other than that I'm totally lost. Though I am exited to see it through a kid's 1st time eyes.

I'm paitent with my mother. If it was Chris, I would have left his butt and made it to rope drop :laughing:

Black truffle fries?! Okay, that sounds good! Definitely going to have to try those.

Sigh....zombies....they're everywhere. I think we're all the walking dead sometimes. :rotfl:

I hate chomping at the bit in the morning! When everyone else is taking their sweet time, I'm like LET'S GO!!!

Yes, the were AMAZING. Seriously, AMAZING. Did I mention they were AMAZING??:laughing:

Right. Don't they understand that they're at disney and we could be doing things? I mean seriously!

"we're on a boat"!!! OMG, I just snorted!:rotfl:

Nice birds!:thumbsup2

:laughing:

I'm not sure what was up with the birds, I think I was really bored. :rolleyes1

Anyway, with our lunch plans settled, we had 2 hours to do as we pleased.

So…naturally, we headed to Beauty and the Beast.

DSCN2581.jpg

No even I don’t know why that was a “naturally”

DHS is a really hard park to do with a non-thrill rider. Especially one that has gone often enough to declare “you’re not making me go on the great movie ride or the back lot tour again” So, we ended up at Beauty and the Beast

We see you and we know you’re mocking us. Boo!

DSCN2583.jpg

Self pictures work so much better when you take the zoom off.

DSCN2585.jpg

Okay, on with the show

DSCN2582.jpg

She really is a funny girl that bell

DSCN2587.jpg

No one has guns like Gaston

DSCN2588.jpg

Ohhh la la

DSCN2590.jpg

Oh whatever, know you’re scrolling

DSCN2593.jpg

DSCN2595.jpg

DSCN2596.jpg

DSCN2598.jpg

After Beauty and the Beast, we stopped for a hydration break. You don’t stay this glowing without constant hydration.

DSCN2599.jpg

It was getting kind of croweded. Not awful, but definitely more people than the day before.

DSCN2600.jpg

It was barely 11 am – bad show!

DSCN2602.jpg

We started walking and ran into some streetmosphere

DSCN2603.jpg

DSCN2606.jpg

DSCN2607.jpg

Since we still had some time before our lunch reservation, so we hit up the first Idol show.

DSCN2604.jpg

DSCN2605.jpg

Theater is the most uncomfortable theater on property for a short big girl. I feel squished like a sardine and then my feet don’t reach the floor. It’s annoying.

DSCN2609.jpg

But the set really does look like the idol set

DSCN2610.jpg

DSCN2611.jpg

Yeah, the grumpy guy gets a little old. The singers weren’t that great and the judges were kinda snooze fest-y. Neither Queenie or I even voted.

After AI, we headed to lunch at SciFi. Neither of us had been there in ages, so we were excited to check it out.

DSCN2614.jpg

DSCN2616.jpg

We were seated quickly, and we got the front seat of a car.

DSCN2619.jpg

We both agreed, the theming in the restaurant was really fun .

DSCN2620.jpg

But we kind of got over the ambiance before our food even arrived. For us, it was fun for a little while, but eventually, we just wanted a normal table and some good food.

I got the smoked turkey sandwich. It was okay. I wouldn’t order it again

DSCN2621.jpg

Queenie got the BTL soup and chicken wings . She said the same, it was okay, but I don’t have to rush back.

DSCN2622.jpg

But at least the milkshakes were really yummy! I got Oreo Queenie got vanilla, and she was mad jelly of mine.

Full, we decided to head over to the Muppets.

DSCN2623.jpg

DSCN2625.jpg

I love the pre-show room. Actually I think I love it more than the actual show!

DSCN2628.jpg

DSCN2629.jpg

What? You expected me to pack light?

DSCN2633.jpg

DSCN2635.jpg

DSCN2638.jpg

DSCN2642.jpg

I've actually never seen Beauty and the Beast OR AI! :laughing: I know, I know. Someday, I will!

Agreed that the Muppets preshow area is even better than the show itself. But the show is awesome as well! I have lots of love for those Muppets!

My daughter love Sci Fi so much in Sept, that it's the only place she requested for next time! I liked it, but I wish the cars were a little different. Hubby and Kiddo sat in front and I sat in the back, all by my lonesome.

Love the Muppets! The holding area is the very BEST! On eof my favorite's signs there says, " stay off unsafe ladders"! :lmao:

Oohh, you're right, DHS is a hard park when you're with a non-thrill rider, and also not a child. But, naturally, you started with Beauty and the Beast.

I love Sci-Fi for the idea of it, but I do typically find the food to be underwhelming.

I've actually never seen Beauty and the Beast OR AI! :laughing: I know, I know. Someday, I will!

Agreed that the Muppets preshow area is even better than the show itself. But the show is awesome as well! I have lots of love for those Muppets!

Honestly, neither are really worth changing your plans for. AI can be fun - but definitely go to the later shows, not the first one.

I do love the Muppets, but I'm torn, because I do feel like it needs an update. I love the muppet-ness of it, but at the same time....

My daughter love Sci Fi so much in Sept, that it's the only place she requested for next time! I liked it, but I wish the cars were a little different. Hubby and Kiddo sat in front and I sat in the back, all by my lonesome.

Love the Muppets! The holding area is the very BEST! On eof my favorite's signs there says, " stay off unsafe ladders"! :lmao:

Ohh, that's a good tip - I never thought of that. I just cancelled our SciFi reservations for our next trip with the 3 of us. I think it would be weird in those booths. I think we'll give 50's a try instead - we can all be at one table there!

I do love the Muppets, I could just take 1/2 a day in the pre-show area. So many Muppet gags!

Oohh, you're right, DHS is a hard park when you're with a non-thrill rider, and also not a child. But, naturally, you started with Beauty and the Beast.

I love Sci-Fi for the idea of it, but I do typically find the food to be underwhelming.

I never really thought of it before this trip, but if you don't do thrill rides, and it's not the holidays, DHS is really just a lot of walking for not a lot of pay-off. Especially if you go on a regular basis, because the shows get kind of boring - especially when you haven't seen them in 10+ years and they still are exactly the same... I'm looking at you Indy. Oh well - it's not like I'm going to stop going, so what's the use in complaining.

During lunch, I successfully convinced Queenie that a ride on Star Tours wouldn’t make her sick, so once we finished, we wandered over to Tattoine. The line was outside the building, so we got to watch (or really listen to) the parade. Cuz this was our view.

DSCN2643.jpg

DSCN2645.jpg

DSCN2646.jpg

DSCN2647.jpg

Fortunately, the line was only out of the building because they hadn’t opened up any of the wraps inside, so we waited maybe 10 minutes.

DSCN2650.jpg

Then we got sucked into some kind of light vortex

DSCN2651.jpg

Okay, we’re back - I know you were worried

DSCN2652.jpg

Queenie was very leery at first , but definitely enjoyed the ride. Though we both agreed to only ride it once so closely after lunch.

After Star tours, we decided “why not” and headed towards Lights, Motor, Action.

DSCN2653.jpg

remnants of the light show.

DSCN2654.jpg

DSCN2656.jpg

I couldn't imagine how long you'd be waiting in line when you said the queue was out the door for Star Tours! Good that it wasn't very long at all! :thumbsup2

I haven't done a very good job of commenting. It looks like you've had a good trip so far :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more!

I couldn't imagine how long you'd be waiting in line when you said the queue was out the door for Star Tours! Good that it wasn't very long at all! :thumbsup2

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled at waiting, but we had a lot of time to kill!

I haven't done a very good job of commenting. It looks like you've had a good trip so far :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more!

It's okay... I haven't done a good job of posting!

Okay, I know I have sucked at updating. I really need to get going seeing as I have another trip that already happened in May, plus we're going again in September. So I have to get a move on. I don't know if anyone is still reading this, but I'm going to keep updating - I promise!

We still had time to kill before the stunt show, and before our fast passes were ready, so we grabbed a bench on the streets of America, and texted my dad.

DSCN2658.jpg

Then we headed to, to the show… and I took a picture for you, because it’s this kind of dedication you’ve come to expect from me!

DSCN2659.jpg

We made it to Lights, Motors, Action! Just as they were letting people into the stadium.

DSCN2660.jpg

DSCN2662.jpg

We found seats quickly - but yhe metal bleachers made our butts really cold! BRRR

(you were expecting a picture of my butt weren’t you…. Don’t worry, I wouldn’t do that to you!)

DSCN2663.jpg

Mommy…what’s that random blue cone siticking out of the building?

DSCN2664.jpg

I think I had the idea that I’d warm up if I took a billion pictures. I was wrong!

DSCN2666.jpg

The show started, and the rubber started to burn.

DSCN26672.jpg

DSCN26682.jpg

DSCN2668.jpg

DSCN26692.jpg

I hadn’t seen it since they replaced Herbie with Lightning McQueen. I like the update!

DSCN26702.jpg

Oh no! Look! The bad guys have a secret weapon!

DSCN26712.jpg

Get ‘em Lightning!

DSCN26722.jpg

At least the fire effects made us a little warmer!

DSCN26732.jpg

DSCN26742.jpg

Is it bad that we were kind of jealous of the stunt guy who got to be on fire? I bet his butt wasn’t frozen!

DSCN2674.jpg

DSCN26752.jpg

DSCN2675.jpg

DSCN26762.jpg

Excuse me, can you bring your warm stunts closer to us please?

DSCN26772.jpg

The show wasn’t bad, I liked the Lightning McQueen bit better than the herbie one. However, Queenie declared NEVER AGAIN! Cold butts and cars aren’t really her thing.

Hello! I figured you had to be in Disney, otherwise a delay would have been unforgivable!:rotfl2:

Nothing worse than metal bleachers on a cold day!:scared: Pyro would be one of the only things to help!

I'm excited to see Lightning McQueen as the new addition, is the story different?

I haven't seen L!M!A! in forever!!! I always think that DF will enjoy it, but it's at weird times for when we like to tour DHS! More shows, please!!! :goodvibes

Hello! I figured you had to be in Disney, otherwise a delay would have been unforgivable!:rotfl2:

Nothing worse than metal bleachers on a cold day!:scared: Pyro would be one of the only things to help!

I'm excited to see Lightning McQueen as the new addition, is the story different?

So next time I fall off the face of the earth, I just have to go on a little trip? Good to know - you know me I'm always looking for an excuse to go! :lmao:

It was chilly, but neither of us were COLD until we sat on those bleachers. Disney thinks of everything, they really couldn't think about some material that would save our butts from extreme temperatures? Shame on you Disney! ;)

I think the Lightning McQueen addition is really cute. The story is pretty much the same, except in that part. And there's actually a little story as to why Lightning (and Mater) are there with bad guys and everything- instead of just hey it's Herbie...remember...you know Herbie..um...yeah... Truthfully, I wish the whole show was more like that little section, and more of a story than just "hey there are stunts" I know it fits into the whole "Hollywood studios" thing, but a story would be more engaging than a bunch of unconnected stunts. It would make me want to see it more than just once every few years.

I haven't seen L!M!A! in forever!!! I always think that DF will enjoy it, but it's at weird times for when we like to tour DHS! More shows, please!!! :goodvibes

I think it's worth a visit because of the update. But it's one of those (like Indy) that is on the "every 5 years" cycle. I agree, it is one of the hardest show to fit in because of the schedule. Plus I think it would be awesome to see at night (though I sure it's dangerous an that's why they don't do it)

After the show we headed out back into DHS, but we still had time to kill before our FPs. (SERIOUSLY! I know it sounds whiny, but DHS is Soooooo boring if you’re not with a thrill seeker.) we were grasping at straws since Queenie wasn’t interested in any of my usual time killers (Star Tours, Rockin’ Roller Coaster, Animation Academy) So, we headed to the Voyage of the Little Mermaid

DSCN26782.jpg

Apparently I was still shivering from the cold (yeah…. Let’s blame the cold for my lack of photography skills!)

DSCN26792.jpg

DSCN26802.jpg

You’ll just have to take my word that Ariel was in there somewhere!

DSCN26822.jpg

I hadn’t been to this show in YEARS. It isn’t as good as the AK shows, but it’s still cute – and BONUS –it was warm in the theater, our butts were saved!

Afterwards, we STILL had time to kill. I wish I could tell you why we walked down Sunset Boulevard. But as you’ll learn from later in this trip our navigation skills can’t be trusted.

DSCN26842.jpg

DSCN26852.jpg

DSCN26862.jpg

DSCN26872.jpg

Okay, I’m not posting all of them, but I have like 15 pictures of the Planet Hollywood sign… I must have been bored out of my gourd!

DSCN26882.jpg

FINALLY, our FastPasses were nearly eligible, so we made our way to Pixar Place, and got some TSM action in.
DSCN26902.jpg

DSCN26912.jpg

DSCN2692.jpg

DSCN26932.jpg

I was so excited to finally be actually doing a ride!

DSCN26952.jpg

Despite having FPs, we were pulled out of line to go in a special “2 people” line. So our wait time was much less. I felt bad for the people we were skipping – but that’ll teach you to come with your families! (I’m SO kidding!)

DSCN26972.jpg

Yippee. Pathetic scores, but I actually won!

DSCN2699.jpg

DSCN2701.jpg

After that, we had pretty much exhausted everything we’d wanted to do in DHS and it was dark, so we headed over to the boat.

DSCN27032.jpg

We made it back to the Beach Club, and decided it was time for a drink, so we stopped at Martha’s Vineyard and had a Tennessee Honey (Queenie Seal of Approval!)

DSCN27052.jpg

We got back to the room and took a little nap, and then got dressed for our 8:45 dinner reservation at Yachtsman.

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

We both still had milkshakes in our tummies from SciFi, so we decided to split our meal.

Beet salad – AMAZING.. Like seriously, you don’t even understand. AMAZING!! They had this like liquefied beet, it sounds gross, but it was SO GOOD!

IMG_0114.jpg

Then we split the New York Strip. Also, extra yummy. I forgot to take a picture – oops! But it was delicious.

We split a bottle of wine, but we were both full, so we uncharacteristically had some left over. They gave us a cute little wine bag to take the wine back to our room!

I love the Yachtsman, we always have an excellent meal there – definitely in my top 5 on property restaurants!

Our bellies full of beef, we both zonked out pretty quick!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter