The 2016 Disney Parks Moms Panel Search Begins!

Congrats to everyone that moved on.

I, unfortunately, will not be moving on (again) this year. What I loved in the rejection letter was "we hope you will find consolation in the fact that many of our current Panelists have applied previously, so we do hope you will consider joining the 2017 Search when we begin that process next year." That might not have stung so much if I wasn't one of the one of the people that have applied every year since the MMP was formed. :headache: Not much consolation but thanks for the kind words, lol.

Wish I knew what they were looking for! Living close I go at least 2-3 times a month, own DVC, have been on several cruises, have worked my way through most of the resorts and help all of my friends and family that live far away plan trips to WDW. Guess I just don't have the gift of the golden keyboard [sigh].

But, hey... there is always next year and until then I think I'll go enjoy some more Food & Wine this weekend.

No dice for me, no biggie! I didn't think I had much of a shot anyway being in my 20's with no kids. I am super thrilled for everyone who made it though! Congratulations, and for those that go all the way - have the time of your lives!

No dice for me, no biggie! I didn't think I had much of a shot anyway being in my 20's with no kids. I am super thrilled for everyone who made it though! Congratulations, and for those that go all the way - have the time of your lives!

Well see? You have PLENTY to look forward to.

I am trying. Seriously, this had to be the email to get eaten :worship:. There are not so magical words spewing in my head right now.

Go into your email and put this email
address do-not-reply@disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com as one of your favs. This way when the round 2 emails come out possibly tomorrow, your EarthLink won't delete it. In fact it may look for it. And this is in the event that you made it through to round 2 better yet send an email to that address this way your EarthLink will see that you have sent an email to it and will not write it off as Spam. Good Luck!

Sooooo..... Apparently the emails actually started going out on Sunday night because I received my email at 1am when I checked Monday morning. It said it was sent Sunday at 11pm. BTW.... I Made it!!!!! Round 2 here I come
Good Luck to Everyone!

Just curious, has anyone on the West Coast received the uplink for round 2 today? The confirmation email says October 8th, 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard time, but shouldn't us Westerners get the link at 7 a.m. Pacific Time?

I'm almost done with the R2 essay questions and I'm pretty happy with my video script. This year I've decided to try the slow and steady method rather than submitting day two like normal.
#TeamDCL

I haven't checked in on this thread for some time. Just wanted to wish all my fellow R2'ers well on their essays and video. For those who didn't move forward this year, do not fear. Many of us have not moved past Round 1 in the past, some repeatedly. This is my 5th (maybe 6th) year applying. We keep on trying!

Now, I'm off to keep tweaking those essays.

Happily working on my essays and video over here. I can't wait to see who moves on and what the final panel looks like! This really is the most wonderful time of the year. <3

Good luck everyone- FWIW, this is my 6th year applying. I've bounced out at Round 1, Round 2, and 3 times as a finalist- and yet, I'm back again. Don't give up on a dream- you will never regret trying for something you are truly passionate about doing!

"It's a wrap!" (Admiral Ackbar) - For the video that is. Had the script in my mind since the beginning of the summer. But was able to make it much faster that I thought it would take me and came out much better than I thought it would. I so needed those extra 11 seconds!

Now to answer the questions, but will do that tomorrow...

I actually just joined this board looking for other panelist hopefuls, so this thread is exactly what I was hoping to find! I wrapped up my round 2 application this afternoon and submitted. This is my first year applying, so I'm sure I'll not get past this round, but I can't help but be excited as the prospect! Good luck everyone!

Submitted my stuff yesterday...what a load off my shoulders! I'd been obsessing over the essays since the minute the "Congrats" email landed in my inbox, and I did my video on Friday. It wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. Watching my first handful of attempts (and screw ups) helped me to finally relax!!

Submitted mine on Saturday. Good luck to everyone! Glad to get it turned in and off my shoulders too. Although now the waiting begins. I really didn't think much about it after round 1 submission. Now it feels different, knowing the applicant pool is much smaller.

Submitted mine on Saturday. Good luck to everyone! Glad to get it turned in and off my shoulders too. Although now the waiting begins. I really didn't think much about it after round 1 submission. Now it feels different, knowing the applicant pool is much smaller.

Does anybody know how small? I'd love to further obsess over my odds LOL

Does anybody know how small? I'd love to further obsess over my odds LOL

I wish I knew. Hopefully someone who's made it before can give some insight. I thought I read somewhere that each round is about 10% of the previous round?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter