The 2011 Alaskan Thread--Cruise Tips and Planning

There's also Amtrak from Seattle to Vancouver. However, it is a morning train, and you would need to fly to Seattle at least one day prior to the cruise - which you ought to do any way!

I'm on the Repo/First Alaskan, so I only need a ride from the port to the airport. I am considering a day or two in Seattle after the cruise though... depends on the funds though :rotfl:

This would our first cruise, so I do have a question. I remember my mom taking Cruises when we were little w/ my dad and they would have Formal nights. Is that something that they have on the Disney Alaskan Cruises? The reason I ask is because I would be the one packing because he would probably be meeting us in seattle and need to know if I need to bring his Dress Uniform and a Gown for myself (and something for the kids).

This is a great thread. We are on the Alaska MV on May! Will the weather be seriously colder than it would be say on one of the later cruises?

I was in Alaska 15 years ago for the 4th of July and it was definitely chilly!

Any feedback would be great!

Posted the following on our Meet Thread. Thought it would be useful here as well.

Asked Port of Vancouver about shipping stuff to port and they responded

Hi Mary Jane,
In regards to the second question about shipping parcels to the ship – I would need to know the name of the cruise ship that you are travelling on and I would then provide you the name and phone number of the ships agent to see if this is a possibility.

Please let me know what ship you are on and I’ll give you that information.

I responded Disney Wonder then they responded:

The information for the ship’s agent is: TMS Anchor 604-630-5131. They should be able to tell you if it is possible to have items sent to the ship prior to your cruise and how to go about doing that.

As I well be on the B2b ... I won't be shipping anything, but, if anyone gets more info, please post it here and/or on the Alaskan Cruise Info thread.

I will post the number on the first post.

This is a great thread. We are on the Alaska MV on May! Will the weather be seriously colder than it would be say on one of the later cruises?

I was in Alaska 15 years ago for the 4th of July and it was definitely chilly!

Any feedback would be great!

I cruised from Seattle May 23-30, 2009, and it was pretty chilly. I would expect early May to be colder.

Hi everyone. Our original intention was to take the Knights & Lights ABD next year with our DVC points; however, they just changed the point structure to elimate value/regular/peak seasons and basically outpriced us from the trip.

So, we have regrouped and now plan on taking the DCL Alaska cruise instead, so thanks so much for starting this thread. :cheer2:

We haven't been on the Wonder since the 1990's. In more recent years, we cruised the Magic, 2007 on the Med cruise, and 2008 on the Western Caribbean. Looking forward to all of the developments here!

My confirmation paperwork that came in th mail stated that we would be in port at 10:30. However, the website itinerary says: "**Please note: For Ketchikan, 10:30 a.m. or 1:30 p.m. arrival times vary by itinerary." I was just wondering if anyone's paperwork says 1:30, or do they just list 10:30 for everyone? Just trying to figure out how much time we will have in Ketchikan. Thanks!

We're going May 31, 2011 and our reservation doesn't have a time listed for arrival for Ketchikan, just **.

This would our first cruise, so I do have a question. I remember my mom taking Cruises when we were little w/ my dad and they would have Formal nights. Is that something that they have on the Disney Alaskan Cruises? The reason I ask is because I would be the one packing because he would probably be meeting us in seattle and need to know if I need to bring his Dress Uniform and a Gown for myself (and something for the kids).

Every Disney Cruise I've been on has a formal night. It's not required to dress up, but we do, because it's one of the few times we get to..:cool1:

I just heard back for DCL. "Your cruise is one of the cruises that is scheduled for the earlier arrival in Ketchikan. Please keep in mind that actual the arrival time may vary. At this point the 10:30 arrival time, is an estimated arrivaltime. " We are on the August 9th sailing. Thanks everyone!

We just booked our cruise for 8/9/11 today! Looking forward to planning our shore excursions next year. The agent made sure I was aware that "ports subject to change" due to weather or other problems, so hopefully everything will go smoothly.

Does anyone know what time frame DCL will start posting their excursions and prices on the website? Just curious for planning purposes. We are on the Aug 9 sailing.

We just booked our cruise for 8/9/11 today! Looking forward to planning our shore excursions next year. The agent made sure I was aware that "ports subject to change" due to weather or other problems, so hopefully everything will go smoothly.

Does anyone know what time frame DCL will start posting their excursions and prices on the website? Just curious for planning purposes. We are on the Aug 9 sailing.

Come join our forum... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2282223

Rhanks for this thread. We are on the June 14th sailing with two nights in Vancouver beforehand. I had a fleeting thought of booking the June 24th ABD Alaska adventure but couldn't figure out flights from Vancouver to Fairbanks. maybe too early. Anyway it us probably too pricey anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter