That Mickey sure is one smart cookie!! May 2011 CBR TR (update 08/13)

:rotfl: Ariel looks like she is about to fall over in that one parade photo.

Yeah, she looks like she started a bit early:lmao::lmao: I thought about leaving that one out but it was the only one i had that showed Maya during the parade.

I spent a lot of time this trip thinking about how much i would not enjoy being a character this trip. I know you remember how hot it was that week; i can't imagine adding all the wigs/ hose/ heavy dresses or fur suits, even if only for 15 or 30 minutes.

All the attention during the parade sounds amazing :) I can see why the kids love it!

It makes for a completely different experience for them. It also gives me something to use when the kids get sad they aren't picked at something else, like a Crush type show. I point out all the attention they got here:thumbsup2

Yeah, she looks like she started a bit early:lmao::lmao: I thought about leaving that one out but it was the only one i had that showed Maya during the parade.

I spent a lot of time this trip thinking about how much i would not enjoy being a character this trip. I know you remember how hot it was that week; i can't imagine adding all the wigs/ hose/ heavy dresses or fur suits, even if only for 15 or 30 minutes.

I often wonder if they have ice packs in those suits or little fans. :laughing:

Nice to see the parade pictures again! It's so cool how the characters will interact and how much enjoyment that brings our kids!

So did you try to get another FP while still in the window of your Town Square FP?

I'm curious, too. Prior to our trip, the Dissers said you couldn't do both. but then I stopped following the threads.

I wonder if they really did change it?

I often wonder if they have ice packs in those suits or little fans. :laughing:

that's a good thought. I'd think they have to have something, otherwise you'd hear of heat strokes!

Nice to see the parade pictures again! It's so cool how the characters will interact and how much enjoyment that brings our kids!

So did you try to get another FP while still in the window of your Town Square FP?

I'm curious, too. Prior to our trip, the Dissers said you couldn't do both. but then I stopped following the threads.

I wonder if they really did change it?

The interactions are really cool! It brings a whole new level to the parade. Did you guys have good luck there?

I can't believe i left out that pertinent information. We immediately got a fastpass for the princesses too. I never got a chance to test it with a ride fastpass. I think all the ones we had from earlier had "opened" by that point. I'll see if i took pictures.

Yay for the parade! I love that Snow White loved Maya's shirt and that your kids were visited by many characters!

Good to know about the fastpasses. I wonder if this is still true or if they have tied the character meet and greet fastpasses to the whole system yet.

Excited to hear about James' haircut!

I am glad you shared your parade pictures. We never seem to make it to the parades so I love see the pictures.

I am still waiting for the after haircut picture. I can't wait to see how he looks, he looks so hot with all that extra hair. popcorn::

Yay for the parade! I love that Snow White loved Maya's shirt and that your kids were visited by many characters!

Good to know about the fastpasses. I wonder if this is still true or if they have tied the character meet and greet fastpasses to the whole system yet.

Excited to hear about James' haircut!

Before i left i heard that they were tied to the regular fastpasses, so i was surprised with this. i have not come across many mentions of using the fastpasses in trip reports so i wish i knew.

My kids love parades, and Disney really makes them extra fun!

I am glad you shared your parade pictures. We never seem to make it to the parades so I love see the pictures.

I am still waiting for the after haircut picture. I can't wait to see how he looks, he looks so hot with all that extra hair. popcorn::

on our first trip, i had every intention of skipping the parade but my dad suggested it on our first afternoon. after that there was no way maya would let me skip, and james is becoming the same way.

very soon on the hair update, i promise!

okay, not sure what i'm doing here. i can't get my thread title to update. i've done it before obviously, so either its just not working or i've gone nuts!!! how do you do it?

:rotfl: Ariel looks like she is about to fall over in that one parade photo.

:lmao: I thought the exact same thing when I saw that pic!

okay, not sure what i'm doing here. i can't get my thread title to update. i've done it before obviously, so either its just not working or i've gone nuts!!! how do you do it?

You have to go to your first post, click to edit it and then you have to click on advanced options in the bottom right corner of the edit box. That will allow you to update your thread title.

I am also on the edge of my seat with anticipation to see James' new haircut! Can't wait. :yay:

:lmao: I thought the exact same thing when I saw that pic!

You have to go to your first post, click to edit it and then you have to click on advanced options in the bottom right corner of the edit box. That will allow you to update your thread title.

I am also on the edge of my seat with anticipation to see James' new haircut! Can't wait. :yay:

I don't know what Ariel was doing. Or had been doing :rotfl:

I pretty sure that's what I've been doing but I'm going to check again.

Edit: I've been going to the first post, clicking edit, then go advanced. Then I changed the title. If I open the thread, the first post says updated 6/20- but the thread itself says updated 6/16

who hoo! i updated the title like 8 more times and it finally worked this morning!!
working on an update now:cheer2:

Hey Lauren, it's Kelli! What a great trip report. I love seeing your babies, they look EXACTLY like you, especially Maya! I am all caught up and looking forward to James's first haircut. Maybe I can hold out to get Grant's first haircut there too, what a great memory to have!!

That looks like a fun parade. I love it when the characters interact with my kids during a parade. It makes the whole experience much more magical.

Hula hooping looks like fun, too. I hope the wait for James' haircut isn't too long.

Hey Lauren, it's Kelli! What a great trip report. I love seeing your babies, they look EXACTLY like you, especially Maya! I am all caught up and looking forward to James's first haircut. Maybe I can hold out to get Grant's first haircut there too, what a great memory to have!!

:welcome:

I'm so glad you stopped by!

How old will Grant be if you don't go in November? I wanted to do James' on our first trip when he was 9 months, but I was vetoed due to lack of hair. You should plan it!

My mom pulled out some pictures of me as a kid a couple weeks ago, and Maya kept guessing that they were James or her. It's funny though because when they were babies they were the splitting image of Chris.

That looks like a fun parade. I love it when the characters interact with my kids during a parade. It makes the whole experience much more magical.

Hula hooping looks like fun, too. I hope the wait for James' haircut isn't too long.

It's funny, at home, Maya has no interest in hula hooping. But at Disney she can't pass one up!

We always seem to be so lucky with the parades!

I hate when that happens, dropping a scrumptious cookie on the ground like that.... I am glad that you had another, though! :goodvibes
I am so happy that the kiddos had a wonderful interaction with the characters from the parade. Your photos were wonderful! :thumbsup2
It looks like your darling daughter was doing great with the hoola hoop. I did so well with hoola hooping myself when I was younger. Now that I have bigger hips, wouldn't you think I would be more proficient? Not so, I cannot hoola hoop for my life these days.....uggghh!
Cannot wait to see your DS barbershop adventures and haircut!!!!

Third time's the charm! Thankfully i write elsewhere and then just add the pictures on here. Photobucket has locked my computer twice this afternoon.

Wed, May 11 cont.

When we last left off, we had Celebrated, and then picked up fastpasses for both Mickey & the Princesses. We had just checked for our appointment at Harmony Barber Shop.

I set James in the chair and sat on a window seat in front of him so I could take a few pictures. Chris stood next to him. I was immediately given a look of "what have you just gotten me into Mom".

Marylou started the customary sticker shower. That grabbed his attention for all of 12 seconds.

DSCN0390.jpg

He then wanted to escape.

DSCN0391.jpg

But she was quick to bring out her Spinny Minnie. He was then quite captivated.

DSCN0393.jpg

DSCN0394.jpg

James and Marylou bonded over Minnie.

DSCN0397.jpg

She spritzed his hair with a water bottle, and asked me what I wanted to do. I told her I wanted it trimmed a little but was hoping it would still hold it's curls. I chickened!

Before James was born, I made Chris give me full reign of James' hair until he was three. If he had his way, he would just shave it. Not that I have anything against shaved heads; it's just that I know a shaved head is easy. And they always look interesting when growing back. So I'm just afraid that once we shave it, he will have it cut that way for years and years. I still have the better part of a year before he's three, so I don't have to negotiate yet! And I don't want to lose that baby boy look yet!

Instead of the neat, short look i had planned on, I told her just to trim it to a respectable length. And I asked that she keep it shorter around the ears. I didn't mention anything about the front. Yep, I had no idea what I was doing. I've never had to get a little boy's hair cut before. :confused3

Minnie kept James very entertained; i'm not sure he even realized what was going on. But just in case, she moved quickly.

DSCN0398.jpg

DSCN0399.jpg

DSCN0400.jpg

DSCN0401.jpg

DSCN0402.jpg

After a couple minutes she was finished. She pulled out his gift- a pair of Mickey ears that say "first haircut". And he let's her place them on his head. She seemed shocked that he would let her put them on. I was just shocked they fit on his head :rotfl2:

DSCN0403.jpg

DSCN1963.jpg

Maya looked a little left out at that point but before I knew it she was covered in pixie dust!

DSCN0404.jpg

James wasn't much in the mood for showing off his new "do".

DSCN0406.jpg

Those of you with curly or wavy hair know that brushing never helps the curls. So at this point i wasn't too sure what it would look like. By the time he had showered, his hair did its own natural thing and i really liked it!

Here are a couple pictures to better show you what it looks like.

DSCN2192-1.jpg

side/ back view. it is a bit wavy, and really curls up on hot and humid days. next time i'll be more vocal about trimming it a bit shorter around the ears.

DSCN1876-1.jpg

front length view after about 3 weeks.

or you can look at the turtle picture from the introductions on page 1

Marylou placed some of the hair in tissue paper and sealed it up with a Mickey sticker. She also signed us a certificate stating that James' first hair cut was in the Magic Kingdom.

DSCN2163.jpg

I charged the $18 to the room, gave her a cash tip, and we were done in about 15 minutes total time. Like I said, I'm new to boy haircuts, so next time I take him for a cut I'll know to tell them not as short in the front. But that was my fault.

My only complaint is that there is no photopass photographer here. Otherwise, I will rate this experience an A+! I'm so glad that I was patient and held off on his long overdue haircut so he could have this memory!

And that hair Marilyn wrapped up for us:rolleyes1

Wish I knew where it was! Chris says that he remembers me pulling it out of the bag when we got back to the room and putting it up for safekeeping:rotfl: IF I did i have no idea where. i have checked every pocket, every nook and cranny of every bag. i'm thinking in my hasty packing for departure i was pulling everything out of the shopping bags to stuff the suitcases, and may have mistaken it for trash?

I still have a couple Mickey stickers. I'm just going to get his hair cut again within the next couple of weeks and wrap a few pieces of that up with the sticker. I would wait until our next trip to get authentic MK hair, but i'm afraid that it may start darkening by then. I just find it ironic that i refused to cheat and trim it ahead of time, even though it was so badly needed, and now here i am having to cheat anyway:rotfl::lmao:

What an adorable haircut on a handsome lil' boy! I love those curls!!!! It is great that the stylists have things to keep the little ones entertained and distracted while they are getting their first haircut.
Too bad about you losing the clippings. :sad2: That is so ironic, though, that you didn't want to cheat on getting his hair cut before his visit to Disney and then you end up losing the original and have to recreate. That sounds just like my luck, as well.
Thanks for sharing and loved all the pics!!! :goodvibes

Awesome -- I was really beginning to worry when I saw the "Daddy, get me outta here" pic!! Good thing she had that toy.

That is a super-special memory, no matter what the haircut looks like...good for you for waiting it out and getting it. :thumbsup2 Hope you find the hair...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter