That Mickey sure is one smart cookie!! May 2011 CBR TR (update 08/13)

Aw... James looks so happy meeting Tigger and Pooh:lovestruc I can't wait to see how CP goes.

Too bad you missed the castle show, but I would be happier being able to meet some of the princes.

Philharmagic is one of my favorites:thumbsup2

Aw... James looks so happy meeting Tigger and Pooh:lovestruc I can't wait to see how CP goes.

Too bad you missed the castle show, but I would be happier being able to meet some of the princes.

Philharmagic is one of my favorites:thumbsup2

We reallly lucked out. Last trip, that line was always about 45 minbuteslong wehn we passed it. No thanks! I'm so glad it was much shorter so James could have a magical moment!

We had never seen the castle show, but we had another MK day. I think i was happier with the Princes too. I wish i had thought to go to another showing later that day because maybe we could have jumped in line for those we didn't see this time.

Maya really is a sweet big sister. She always protecting him or bragging on him. I really hope they stay close as the grow up!

:thumbsup2 Maya reminds me a lot of me with my little brother, and we are still very close as adults!

The pics of James meeting Tigger & Pooh are priceless! My daughter would DIE if she saw the pics of Aurora with Prince Phillip. Now I have to hope we can hit a 'technical difficulty' show and the characters will come out!

I am finally caught up with your TR. It is sooo good! You lucked out with your awesome location at CBR. We were in South Trinidad in a pirate room. Talk about being miles away from everything. We didn't even buy refillable mugs this year because we were to far away to fill them up. :sad2: We were located closest to the last bus stop so the bus was always packed. Don't get me wrong, I think the resort itself is BEAUTIFUL, but it is way too big. I think I may be spoiled after staying in POFQ last time. It is so small and quaint.
Your kiddos are adorable! I especially love that "Grumpy" got to meet his idols Tigger and Pooh and then he was grumpy no more. :cloud9: Maya's encounters with the characters by the castle were so sweet.
I am in the same boat as you with a having a snorer for a hubby. I ended up bring the white noise maker on this trip. I learned my lesson from our last WDW trip when I hardly got any sleep. It does feel like prison when you are trapped in a small room with a snorer and you have no where to go. At least at home you have the couch. I soooo relate!!!
I really like the way you set up your TR it is so easy to navigate. I cannot wait to read more, I am HOOKED. :goodvibes

I've been without internet for the better park of a week. Getting caught up on my reading!

I have seen the castle show so many times, but I don't think I've ever stuck around afterwards. I never realized the characters came out for a meet and greet! Oh when Anakin discovers this he will be thrilled!!! Your daughter looks very happy with Aurora and her prince!

Loving the pics! The food all over your son's face is precious!

I've been without internet for the better park of a week. Getting caught up on my reading!

I have seen the castle show so many times, but I don't think I've ever stuck around afterwards. I never realized the characters came out for a meet and greet! Oh when Anakin discovers this he will be thrilled!!! Your daughter looks very happy with Aurora and her prince!

Loving the pics! The food all over your son's face is precious!

I don't think the characters usually come out after the castle show. I think this was just because there was a hoard of people standing around for a show that wasn't happening. But if you ever hear them start to make that announcement...

James is so silly! I was just happy he kept it off his clothing!

The pics of James meeting Tigger & Pooh are priceless! My daughter would DIE if she saw the pics of Aurora with Prince Phillip. Now I have to hope we can hit a 'technical difficulty' show and the characters will come out!

thanks! I'm greatful for the memories of his 100 acre friends!

I wouldn't mind having technical difficulties once a trip either! I'll be wishing for something to fail for you:rotfl:

:thumbsup2 Maya reminds me a lot of me with my little brother, and we are still very close as adults!

that's very encouraging! My siblings and I could definitely be closer. I'd love for them to stay great friends as adults!

I am finally caught up with your TR. It is sooo good!

Thank you!

You lucked out with your awesome location at CBR.

We did!! I picked that building thinking it was close enough but not the most requested buildings. I figured it had a greater chance of getting the request granted. It ended up being perfect for us!

We were in South Trinidad in a pirate room. Talk about being miles away from everything. We didn't even buy refillable mugs this year because we were to far away to fill them up. :sad2: We were located closest to the last bus stop so the bus was always packed. Don't get me wrong, I think the resort itself is BEAUTIFUL, but it is way too big.

We were too far away for mugs on our last trip. It stinks that the pirate rooms are so far away from the action. I bet they didn't get too many requests for that village before the retheming. It is a really pretty resort. I bet it's even better earlier in the year when the colorful flowers just start blooming.

I think I may be spoiled after staying in POFQ last time. It is so small and quaint.

That is where I want to try next- maybe in one of the princess rooms. Not sure if they will be POFQ or POR though.

Your kiddos are adorable! I especially love that "Grumpy" got to meet his idols Tigger and Pooh and then he was grumpy no more. :cloud9: Maya's encounters with the characters by the castle were so sweet.

Thanks! I'm pretty partial to them myself. We certainly made some great memories this trip!

I am in the same boat as you with a having a snorer for a hubby. I ended up bring the white noise maker on this trip. I learned my lesson from our last WDW trip when I hardly got any sleep. It does feel like prison when you are trapped in a small room with a snorer and you have no where to go. At least at home you have the couch. I soooo relate!!!

I'm sorry!! That's a really good idea. I should try that here and see of it helps.

I really like the way you set up your TR it is so easy to navigate. I cannot wait to read more, I am HOOKED. :goodvibes

thank you. I always get so confused when I am reading trips with dates close to mine. I spend forever trying to figure out what day they are on and if I was in the same place that day. Glad the TOC is helping!

thank you. I always get so confused when I am reading trips with dates close to mine. I spend forever trying to figure out what day they are on and if I was in the same place that day. Glad the TOC is helping!

Okay, this wasn't directed towards me, but wanted to comment anyway. :lmao:

I'm the exact same way. I start searching for some mention of the date. And I'm guilty of being a poor dater too ... I have the dates in my ToC, but not mentioned in the actual posts, so if someone is following along, they don't see the ToC. :sad2: I just don't want to go back and add in dates now that I had thought about it. I was on day 3 I think when I realized my mistake with the actual posts - but the ToC was setup with dates from the start. Oh well. :confused3 :lmao:

Okay, this wasn't directed towards me, but wanted to comment anyway. :lmao:

I'm the exact same way. I start searching for some mention of the date. And I'm guilty of being a poor dater too ... I have the dates in my ToC, but not mentioned in the actual posts, so if someone is following along, they don't see the ToC. :sad2: I just don't want to go back and add in dates now that I had thought about it. I was on day 3 I think when I realized my mistake with the actual posts - but the ToC was setup with dates from the start. Oh well. :confused3 :lmao:

No, not directed towards you. Just TR's in general. But now that you mention it, my dates are only in the first post of the day. I should go fix that before I get farther in. Not now though. I'm not going to attempt that on my phone!

No, not directed towards you. Just TR's in general. But now that you mention it, my dates are only in the first post of the day. I should go fix that before I get farther in. Not now though. I'm not going to attempt that on my phone!

I'm too lazy to fix. :lmao:

This is a great story -- makes me remember my daughter's first trip to WDW! Can't wait to get to the haircut!! :banana:

This is a great story -- makes me remember my daughter's first trip to WDW! Can't wait to get to the haircut!! :banana:

Welcome! Thanks for reading! It's such a fun place for the little ones, isn't it! The haircut is soon. It was a great experience!

Wednesday, May 11 cont.

When we last left off, James met his favorite bear, Maya met a prince, and we were sweating our way through some fantasyland rides.

Sidenote: I knew that this update was coming up, and therefore i had the theme song in my head the entire weekend. Last night i finally grew tired of it. I decided maybe if i listened to it, i could get it out. So instead of a bedtime story, we all watched the parade video on youtube. James was waiving at the video:rotfl: I announced the end and James got MAD. i had no idea he even knew the word parade, but he did, and he let me know. "mo pade, mo pade" over and over. :love:

We decided it was time to find a spot for Celebrate. Maya loves this parade and loves to get attention from the characters. We decided to head to Frontierland so we could find some shade and still be front row. We settled for a spot right in front of the store next to the shooting gallery. We parked the strollers on the rope and sat on the steps in the shade. We were so greatful for the shade because the hear was intense. I was really wishing that i owned a hat.

We had about 30 minutes until the parade came our way. Chris went to get Big Thunder fastpasses but was gone for a while. When he came back he had a little slice of heaven with him.

IMG_3370-1.jpg

Minnie's Chocolate Chip Supreme cookie!!

Actually, he brought two. But as we opened the wrapper, the first one jumped out and on to the ground. That wasn't a big deal though, because they are large enough to split between the 4 of us. And it was every bit as good as i remembered. :lovestruc

We passed the rest of the time taking turns between holding our spot and getting some shade. It was a great place to sit because there are steps and a nice open air conditioned door way behind you.

My pictures are nothing out of the ordinary, but I'm going to share anyway.

DSCN0355.jpg

is it really coming daddy?

DSCN0357.jpg

it is, it is!

DSCN0358.jpg

DSCN0359.jpg

Donald

DSCN0360.jpg

Woody & Jessie

DSCN0361.jpg

DSCN0362.jpg

Minnie & Mickey

DSCN0364.jpg

Jiminy and Pinocchio

DSCN0365.jpg

Snow White, her Prince, and Dopey

DSCN0367.jpg

Aladdin

DSCN0368.jpg

Hook, Smee, Tweedles, Queen of Hearts, White Rabbit

DSCN0370.jpg

Alice, Mad Hatter (and a peek of Peter Pan)

DSCN0372.jpg

Cindy, Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother

DSCN0373.jpg

DSCN0375.jpg

Ariel and my happy babies

DSCN0376.jpg

The beast

DSCN0377.jpg

You can barely see Tiana and Naveen but i like this float anyway.

We got quite a bit of attention during the parade. And just like all important moments, I just kept missing it with my camera. I try and just get the side of the costume as they are walking away! They always visit when i am just taking a picture elsewhere!

Goofy high fived Maya; Woody high fived James; Gepetto high fived them both.

Each got a hello from a tweedle.

Snow white pointed at Maya from her float and said I love that you are wearing my shirt!

Perla said hello to James and then Suzy played peekaboo. I sort of caught this one, but from an odd angle.

DSCN0371.jpg

Suzy & James

When the parade was over, it was time to head up front for our appointment at Harmony.

continued due to picture count

On the way to Harmony, we stopped next to the Chapeau to grab fastpasses for Town Square Theater. There were CMs waiting there, and they asked us who we were getting our passes for. We said Mickey. The CM then said,

"did you know you can have 2 sets at once-either Mickey and the princesses or one here and one for a ride?".

These fastpasses were started just a couple weeks before our trip. When I looked into it, I had read that the character fastpasses were tied to the regular fastpasses. You could have one or the other. So this was interesting info!

edit: We immediately tested it by grabbing a set of fastpasses for the princesses too.

I had to find a new pocket for our FP, we had 5 sets I think at this point

We crossed main street and found another CM. This one was in front of the firestation with a hula hoop. Maya was very interested. We had a few minutes still so she went to try her skills.

DSCN0380.jpg

At first she was not so efficient,

DSCN0382.jpg

but she quickly learned to put her hips in it.

DSCN0383.jpg

James gave it a go too.

DSCN0381.jpg

Then Chris helped him out.

DSCN0384.jpg

We called James to take a picture in front of the Barbershop. But it was much more fun running.

DSCN0385.jpg

Eventually he decided to comply.

DSCN0387.jpg

DSCN0388.jpg

It started to sprinkle so we went ahead to the doorway.

DSCN0379.jpg

There were two people getting cut and what looked to be a short line. All but one of the others were with those getting cut. When one of the barbers finished I told her we were there for our appointment. She montioned us over to the chair.

Next: James' first haircut!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter