• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving 2014--Nov 22 to Nov 29, 2014 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

Woooo hooooo!

I can't believe we are 153 days from departure time! We are so excited. We are on the website right now making plans. We have never cruised on the Fantasy but we did honeymoon on the Magic and then we cruised to the Mexican Riviera with our then 2.5 years old. Well she is now going to be 6 and has earned her ears! Fully Disney'fied!

It is also going to be our first time participating in the FE... I have no clue what I have gotten myself into but it sounds like fun!

COME ON NOVEMBER!!

- Maribel (me), Jon (dh), & Reagan (dd)

Hi, Maribel! I would love to add you to the FE group we have going. Can you send me the following info either in a private message on the DIS or via email (lcprice34 @ verizon . net)?
-family last name
-adults' first names
-kids' first names & ages at time of sailing
-cabin number
-DIS screenname
-allergies and/or special occasions
-your email address (so I can send the link to the list)

Welcome aboard!

Argh! (practicing for this Pirates and Pilgrims theme!). Anyway, I too am shocked by the prices for flights and rental cars around this cruise. I booked on SWA this morning from BWI - MCO for the 21st and that wasn't too bad $196pp). But, I'm still going to have to get a rental car for Friday night one-way to the Port Saturday which I've found for as low as $45. And then another rental car for after the cruise + hotel because we HAVE to spend time at DTD. The killer is getting home after this cruise. Yikes. Our plan has changed already 4 times today, lol. First we tried flights home on the 30th. WAY too expensive ($450pp). Then we tried a one-way rental from Budget (mini-wan - $600). Then I looked at flying into alternate airports (not worth the effort) and now I think we've settled on leaving here in our own car on Thursday the 20th and driving both directions. This means I'll have SWA $ so I have to plan another trip. Bummer. :cool1: Didn't mean to dump all my travel woes on you all, just thought I could commiserate with fellow cruisers who are likely going through the same issues with getting to/from the fun part!

Did you find a cheaper rental? Remember that if you are doing one way rentals some agencies charge you extra. I know for a fact that National doesn't. We are renting a standard sized vehicle for 31.00 each way. We are flying in to MCO on Friday, staying at the Grand Floridian, going to MVMCP, and have the character breakfast at Ohana, then we'll drive to the port!!!!!!! Post cruise we are flying out of Daytona, so we rented a one way from Cape Canaveral to the airport.

This trip is so expensive but we only live once!

We are already on the list! :) Group 1!!!! We are so excited. Thank you for organizing it.

Oh, I see now. I have you as Mari on that list and didn't put it together with Maribel in your signature. D'oh!

You're in my group. I've been working on one of my crafts this week. I'm so excited to finish it & see how it turns out!

Hello! This is technically my second Disney cruise, since I went cruising with them before they had their own ships. It will be first cruise from my DH and DD(6).

I can't wait for the cruise and the 75 days to be here, so I can hurry up and book everything! Anyone have suggestions about cruise activities that might be extras and/or excursions? I have been reading up as much as I can, but any helpful tips covering any cruise topic would be appreciated!

My family (me, DH, DS7, & DS11) and I have finally decided to sail on this cruise, was considering changing to next year but the prices are so much higher. I thought I was paying a premium to cruise at Thanksgiving, but paled in comparison to prices for next year so we are PIF now and counting down to sail. Looking forward to joining the FE and meeting everyone.

Does anyone know if they will be having the gingerbread workshop or any other special events on board for this sailing? We did the Wonder last Thanksgiving and loved that class.

Hi everyone!!

This will be my family's 1st time cruising with Disney!! We are SO excited!! It will be me, dh, our 3 sons (6/3/1), and my parents. I've just really started planning and came across this board :cool1: If it's not too late, we would love to join the FE group!! Oh and I also requested to join the FB group!! Looking forward to getting to know everyone before our trip!!

Adrianne

Here is the link to the current Fish Extender groups, in case someone has lost it. When we first organized this group (back in May 2013) several members expressed concern that they didn't want the groups to be "too big" so we formed 2 groups and have now added a 3rd. Currently we have 17 cabins in Group A, 18 cabins in Group B, & 6 (maybe 7) cabins in Group C. Since I don't want to be the "FE Nazi" I need y'all's input, especially since some (myself included) have already started crafting our gifts. Here are the options as I see them, but please feel free to add suggestions I may not have noticed.

1. Keep the groups as they are. Add new members to group C and hope it grows to a larger size.
2. Take 3-4 cabins from Groups A & B and move them to Group C-making all groups around 13-14 cabins. Add new members to each group on a rotational basis.
3. Add cabins from Group C to Groups A & B-making each group around 20-21 cabins. (No idea what to do with new members in this case.)

Please comment & let me know your preference. I will try very hard to take everyone's opinions into account. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av6g4UzQYc0qdF9pcmItSVhDRzMwSUs4Y2RYZHo1MFE&usp=sharing

Hey everyone! My Husband, DD-11 and I just joined this cruise and can't wait to take the time to read all about what we have missed so far. We want to join the FE!

This will be my 19th DCL cruise, my hubby's 18th and DD's 16th.

Can't wait to get to know all of you!

Is there a FB page?

Hi, everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Since my sister killed the thread :rotfl: I thought I would see if we can get the ball rolling again.

I know it's a long time off, but I created a Facebook group for us. Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/529905517044759/

This will be another way for us to chat about our plans and organize the fish extender & meet up when the time comes. Just click join group and tell me your DIS name in the message & I will add you! :surfweb:

I just sent a FB request...DIS name is Pigletsmomma, my initials on FB are SRS for confirmation.

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA for a while - busy, busy summer. We went to WDW for a week as soon as school was out - home for 1.5 weeks and then my parents, son & I went to Italy for 2 weeks. Around all that, I've been trying to keep up at work & my husband has been trying to get a bunch of work done on our house. (Repainted the outside, built a gazebo, making progress on the attic we are finishing, etc) I'm afraid I haven't been by here in a couple of months :confused3

I'll need to go back several pages to read and catch up. I just saw the question about the FE groups. My 2 cents would be to go with option C unless a whole bunch of people suddenly sign up now that we're hitting PIF time... As long as the groups stay under 25 that feels reasonable to me. (Of course I may be biased since the Panama transit we did in 2008 had 179 cabins broken into only 2 groups - ANYTHING is better than that! :scared: )

We are on the thanksgiving cruise on fantasy and would like to join the FE. Please direct me. Two cabins. Total of 5 people.

OK, dear fish extender people, I think I have this done as most requested. I've combined all 3 groups into 2 groups of 20. The groups are now CLOSED. Even if we lose members from the lists, I'm not adding anyone new at this point.

There are a few people who asked to join after we had reached the 20 per group mark. If that's you, please consider volunteering to organize a "latecomers" FE group.

Here is a link to the final group list. If there is any information missing for your family, it is highlighted in yellow. GTY cabins, please let me know as soon as you find out your cabin number. I would like to do a map for each group before we leave.

Thank you all for your input, patience, & understanding as I tried to find solutions that would make most everyone happy. Now on to the countdown!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av6g4UzQYc0qdF9pcmItSVhDRzMwSUs4Y2RYZHo1MFE&usp=sharing

If there is another group started can someone please direct me to it. I already have gifts. Just started a job early this year and went from a homemaker to working 50 hours a week and I'm so behind in life. Thanks.

I volunteered to manage a Latecomer's List for FEs. I will be posting this on our FB page as well. Please reply to this with your information if you are not already on the original 40 FE list. All are welcome!!! :grouphug:

We are on the thanksgiving cruise on fantasy and would like to join the FE. Please direct me. Two cabins. Total of 5 people.

Did you make it on the FE List? since I can't tell your real name on this post, I can't check. I am organizing Group C as we speak. Feel free to contact me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter