Thanksgiving 2014--Nov 22 to Nov 29, 2014 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

Congratulations ej119! And welcome to the boards :) The podcast cruises sound like a lot of fun - I've been listening to the show for years, but can never make the cruises work with my & my families schedule. I have a feeling they are like the Panama canal cruise we did in 2008 where there were over 500 DISers on board.

I went to Disneyworld for my honeymoon. My husband wasn't a Disney fan and had only agreed because I wanted it. (We also spent a few days in Bermuda for him as we had been gifted some extra money with instructions to "use if for your honeymoon!") Within 2 days he was a convert. We just got back from 12 days at WDW and the length of that trip was set by HIM!

Our first DCL cruise was a similar story :) Our son (then 5 years old) was given a DCL DVD by a friend of ours. He was fascinated and kept begging to go on a cruise. My DH was NOT a big fan of cruising - we had been on a couple Carnival cruises about 10 years before & he wasn't thrilled. Our 15th wedding anniversary was coming up & we struck a deal that we would do the cruise for our anniversary (actually 4 months after) and he didn't have to do ANYTHING else for the occasion :rotfl: By the third day of our cruise (a 7-night Western) he was asking me if I had "planned" to re-book on board. I told him that given we practically had to drag him on board, I had made no plans for the future. By day 5, HE Had gone to the booking desk and booked our next cruise!

Welcome ej119! Glad to have you aboard. I added you to our cruise list. :)

Thanks for the welcome pdarrah and PoppyGirl!! :)

I can only hope that my husband has a similar reaction to yours, pdarrah. This is his first cruise EVER and fortunately I think we couldn't have picked a better cruise line to make a fabulous first impression.

Thanks for the welcome pdarrah and PoppyGirl!! :)

I can only hope that my husband has a similar reaction to yours, pdarrah. This is his first cruise EVER and fortunately I think we couldn't have picked a better cruise line to make a fabulous first impression.

Disney service is exceptional and even if he is not necessarily a Disney fan, the ship is gorgeous, the food is amazing, and the service is wonderful. There are plenty of adult only activities too. And who knows.....maybe he'll convert and decide he loves Disney too! Win-win! ;)

Hi Everyone!

After spending just about my entire Saturday researching room categories :rotfl:, we should be putting down our deposit this week!

We're also from Maryland, and this will be our first ever Disney Cruise. We go to WDW often, and really wanted to go on a Disney Cruise before DD turns 18. With our kids school and activity schedules, the price tag has always scared us away for the peak times, but we're going to take the plunge and do it. :) Luckily, our county does give the kids the entire week off.

I'm excited about the announcements that were made about the Christmas activities on the Thanksgiving cruises this year- hopefully we'll see some of that next year. :)

Hi, everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Since my sister killed the thread :rotfl: I thought I would see if we can get the ball rolling again.

I know it's a long time off, but I created a Facebook group for us. Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/529905517044759/

This will be another way for us to chat about our plans and organize the fish extender & meet up when the time comes. Just click join group and tell me your DIS name in the message & I will add you! :surfweb:

I sent a request to join the group but just realized I didn't follow the rules and give my DIS name. Can you please add me? :)

Hey everyone. So we are moving back to sailing over Thanksgiving due to school and work like most everyone!! We have a choice between this itinerary and the Magic western going to Castaway Cay, Key West, Cozumel and Grand Cayman. We are so torn on which one to choose, haven't been on either ship or to either itinerary. We loved the Dream and are sure we'd love the Fantasy but the Magic updates look great. What are your thought? Our DD11 wants the Magic, DHL'S wants Fantasy and I truly don't care".

Hey everyone. So we are moving back to sailing over Thanksgiving due to school and work like most everyone!! We have a choice between this itinerary and the Magic western going to Castaway Cay, Key West, Cozumel and Grand Cayman. We are so torn on which one to choose, haven't been on either ship or to either itinerary. We loved the Dream and are sure we'd love the Fantasy but the Magic updates look great. What are your thought? Our DD11 wants the Magic, DHL'S wants Fantasy and I truly don't care".

I had this exact same dilemma! I have actually never been on the Fantasy or the Magic, but thought the Magic's itinerary looked more interesting. However, what it came down to for us was the fact that a verandah room on the Magic was more expensive than one on the Fantasy (when we booked). And while I'm sure the Magic's improvements will make a difference, I like the amenities and food options on the Fantasy better (based on my experience on the Dream).

I hope this helps a little. :)

I sent a request to join the group but just realized I didn't follow the rules and give my DIS name. Can you please add me? :)

I added you. I've been in the Smoky Mountains & didn't have Internet access so I didn't see your request. Anyone else is welcome to join us over on Facebook, too. We aren't very active but it is another way to get to know each other.

Hi Everyone,
We can't wait to set sail with you guys in 2014. This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise. We love them! We have been on the Dream in 2011 and we were on the Fantasy last November. We love them! It will be me (Jen), my DH (John), my DS (Shawn who will be 14 at that time) and my DD (Katie who will be 12 at that time). We have done the FE both times and love it so. If anyone has any questions, I would be more than happy to try to help. Both cruises were fantastic. The service, cleanliness, people, etc were excellent! We will not go on any other cruise lines because we are so spoiled.
Can't wait to chat with you all.
Jen :goodvibes

Hi Everyone,
We can't wait to set sail with you guys in 2014. This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise. We love them! We have been on the Dream in 2011 and we were on the Fantasy last November. We love them! It will be me (Jen), my DH (John), my DS (Shawn who will be 14 at that time) and my DD (Katie who will be 12 at that time). We have done the FE both times and love it so. If anyone has any questions, I would be more than happy to try to help. Both cruises were fantastic. The service, cleanliness, people, etc were excellent! We will not go on any other cruise lines because we are so spoiled.
Can't wait to chat with you all.
Jen :goodvibes

Welcome!! :cheer2:

Since you've cruised in November before- how was the weather? I've been trying to find every Thanksgiving cruise trip report to figure this out, and it seems like a mixed bag. I'm just hoping our first ever trip to CC isn't a cold one!

We were in WDW for Thanksgiving week in 2011 and we were in shorts and tank tops the entire time. Friends of ours had gone the week after Thanksgiving in 2010 and had to wear winter coats- it got into the 30's during their trip.

We are also VERY excited about FE. I'm sure with this being Thanksgiving week we'll have plenty of interest as the months go by.

Hey everyone! We just got home from 3 nights on the dream and loved it. We rebooked for the Nov 22nd 7 night on the fantasy thanksgiving 2014.

My husband and I are both teachers and get the whole week off:banana:

Our son will be 8 and our little girl will be 3!

My parents will also be joining us.

Thankfully, we didn't get the most recent snow :thumbsup2 We had a slight dusting this morning and the news is reporting that Springfield had 17 inches! I guess it missed us and went South :cool1:

Our cruises have been pretty spread out - the first was in 2004. The first 5 were all on the Magic. Most were attempts at a full Western itinerary - LOL! For the first, hurricane Hugo trashed Grand Cayman a month or so before we sailed and we were one of the very first stops at Costa Maya. For the second, it was the year of hurricanes everywhere and the morning we sailed our Western turned into an Eastern - we also dodged hurricanes Alpha & Beta while we were at sea. The third try was the charm & we managed a full, normal Western! Our 4th cruise was our all-time dream trip that will probably never be matched - it was an Eastbound Panama Canal transit (15 days!). Number 5 was another Western & Number 6 was on the Fantasy last November for an Eastern with the 1st stop at San Juan.

Welcome Disneydork3! Glad to meet you :) When you get back from your cruise this year you'll be able to tell us all about what DCL does to celebrate Thanksgiving on board. I think I saw something this year that they decorated everything for Xmas overnight between Thursday and Friday!

So which itinerary did you like best? I'm having a hard time deciding between this and the magic western with Key West. We've been on the Dream but postponed our 2013 Magic cruise until next year. How was San Juan, safe? Just don't want to be stir crazy with 3 sea days, even though we all want to sail the Fantasy. I know both will be great but don't know which to do.

My TA just emailed me confirmation! We are officially booked and I think we're actually looking forward to the sea days like everyone says!

We are most definitely participating in the FE, we had lots of fun last time. I already have some ideas!!

We should think of a fun cruise name...Castaway Crew, FANTASY Castaway's or something with fall or Thanksgiving. Any ideas?

For those of you with kids in the Edge, what are your thoughts about them roaming the ship? Our DD will be 11 when we cruise. We'd like her to have fun but safety is obviously our biggest concern. Have any of you cruised with Edge-aged kids before. It would be great for them to get to "know" each other a little before the cruise so they can meet up with familiar faces.

455 days

Greetings All,
Just had to move our 2014 from August to November 22nd due to work.

This will be our first 7 day Cruise since all the rest on the DCL were 3 days.

Coming aboard in two cabins are...
DW :yay: , ME pirate: , DD :flower3: , DGD(12) :cheer2: , DGS(11) :happytv:

Can't wait!

Ps..I'm trying to catch up on all 5 pages of posts so bare with me :surfweb:

Greetings All,
Just had to move our 2014 from August to November 22nd due to work.

This will be our first 7 day Cruise since all the rest on the DCL were 3 days.

Coming aboard in two cabins are...
DW :yay: , ME pirate: , DD :flower3: , DGD(12) :cheer2: , DGS(11) :happytv:

Can't wait!

Ps..I'm trying to catch up on all 5 pages of posts so bare with me :surfweb:

:welcome: Wolfepack! Are these ages now or when cruising?

We've just moved to this cruise from October as we'd rather not have our kids miss school if they don't have to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter