Thanksgiving 2007!!!

Well since we live in Florida, we are not flying. However, we are driving to the port Friday afternoon and staying in one of the hotels w/in a mile or two of the port - I forget which one this time.

For the 4th year in a row, I expect we will be one of the first few people in line to get into the parking lot when it opens about 10 a.m. We, or at least me, will be very easy to spot b/c we will have flourescent green shirts from either this year (if we get them) or leftover from 2005, and because at 6'8", I am impossible to miss anyway.

Thus if anyone is staying locally at the port the night before, please let us know, but we will miss any pre-cruise meets in Orlando. The other 2 members of our party are likely to be on that first bus out of Orlando too on sailing day as they are flying in on Friday.

Chuck:cool1:

Yes Lampy, the homecoming pictures are great! Do you secretly get choked up with emotion, seeing your daughters 'all grown up?':rotfl2:

Priscilla

Make me "threaten" the boys......My favorite saying....."You are under 18? Touch my daughter and I'll beat up your Dad"! (not the exact words for these boards).....or "You are 18?.........cool!"

Welcome Barb and Jim! We are sailing without kids, too. Our DS22 is in college and will still be in school (actually, he wouldn't want to go anyway) and our DD24 has a 'big people job' and would rather not 'waste' her vacation on a Disney cruise. I, too, am a teacher playing hooky from school. What do you teach?

We're flying into Orlando Friday night on Southwest and should arrive around 11:00 p.m., and we're staying at the Hyatt MCO. It would be great to meet up with everyone Friday night, but we get in kind of late...

Debbie

I think all of us flying in early (i'm still not sure) should do the Ron Jon for the night......pools, beach and booze........

We are flying in early on Friday from Kansas City and are going to hang out on Cocoa Beach and stay at the Four Points there.

Mary

Beautiful pictures of your DD's, Lampy! :) My DS 14 is trying to work up the nerve to ask a girl to Homecoming. By the time he gets around to asking her, the dance will be over! :sad2:

We are flying in later on Friday and will probably head for a hotel on Cocoa Beach. We are still coordinating the last few flights in for our group before we can make any decisions.

Beautiful pictures of your DD's, Lampy! :) My DS 14 is trying to work up the nerve to ask a girl to Homecoming. By the time he gets around to asking her, the dance will be over! :sad2:

We are flying in later on Friday and will probably head for a hotel on Cocoa Beach. We are still coordinating the last few flights in for our group before we can make any decisions.

he best not be shy around the "Lampy girls" if he is sailing with us, they had their group of around 30 teens they hung with last time.....don't know where they get it from......

I've seen your pictures. I can't imagine why your girls wouldn't be shy. :lmao:

Logan's not a shy kid - he'll be right out there on the dance floor with them. He just has to get over his nerves of asking a girl out for the first time. :rotfl:

O.K., 80's thru Saturday, Sunday the temp is to fall from the 70's to the 40's at night, looks like summer is about done, maybe a day on the boat (it's still in the water) here or there, question.............do I just pack my trunks and sandals and "amplifier" right then and there......LOL:dance3:

well mid 80's here of course, but basically not much but constant rain the past 10 days...and they call this the "Sunshine" state. However, there was a relatively "cool" breeze a couple nights ago while bar-b-q ing, so there may be hope for fall.

Lisa will post our hotel later. We have had the reservation since about last December I think. She likes to plan in advance. We should be up to the port around dinner time.

We are staying at the Country Inn and Suites. Last year we stayed at the Residence Inn. It was beautiful!! But, the price tag was too high for one night this year.

Lisa

We are staying at the Country Inn and Suites. Last year we stayed at the Residence Inn. It was beautiful!! But, the price tag was too high for one night this year.

Lisa

I've wondered, how far is Weston from Port Canaveral? (Is it North, South Florida?) Must be great to be able to cruise and go to WDW, living in Florida.:)

Priscilla

Weston is a, not coincidentally, western suburb of Fort Lauderdale which was designed and built completely by Arvida from the early 90's until a couple years ago. The town has about 50,000 people and save for a couple small shopping centers and a town center, is entirely residential. It is about a 3 hour drive to the port.

Debbie,

We have a DC 28, recently married and a DS 19, in college. The younger would come with us, but doesn't want to miss classes the week of Thanksgiving. So we are on our own. We have done this the last three thanksgivings; starting to be a tradition. I teach middle school English, grade seven.

I see you too, are a teacher-- what subject do you teach? We will have to meet up at the cruise or sometime. We are flying in around 9:30 am to MCO.

Debbie,

I teach middle school English, grade seven.

I see you too, are a teacher-- what subject do you teach? We will have to meet up at the cruise or sometime. We are flying in around 9:30 am to MCO.

Barb and Jim,

Another middle school teacher! This year I am teaching two classes of 6th grade social studies, video production to 8th graders three periods a week, and the rest of the time I assist our teachers with technology integration. I agree, we will have to get together and compare notes, so to speak. I wonder if there are any other teachers sailing with us.

Debbie

We are in the low 90's right now, should be in the mid 80's by the weekend. Because we are a bit inland, it stays warmer longer, but gets cooler at night than at the beach.

We are also staying at the Country Inn & Suits!!! Our flight lands around 5:00pm or so, then we have to get the rental car and then head to the hotel, check in and go get some dinner. I wanted to go to WDW, maybe Epcot, but I didn't want to waste 5 all day tickets for just a few hours. I was originally planning on staying at the Boardwalk where we own DVC points, but I rented them all out to help pay for the cruise.

So I'm off the Board for a few days (I write grants and had a couple of BIG deadlines) and we have many more who join in! Welcome everyone!

My son woke me up this morning (yep, overslept...set the alarm to pm instead of am) telling me, "hey mom, we only have 44 days more....we gotta start packing!" You gotta love it when your kid is that excited for a cruise!

I'm getting back to the t-shirts today. News by Monday at latest.

Karen

Hey Guys:

Our family is heading to WDW next week for the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. We are going to also hit the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. Does anyone need a post card to the kids? It won't be from Castaway Cay but from Walt Disney World. If anyone does, just let me know what Character to send from.

Wendy and Family

44 days? WOW!!!!! I remember last year at this time saying to myself......I can't believe we are not sailing this year! But, it is in the 80's still here, just isn't quite sunk in yet.......usually, as the days get shorter and the nights get colder I feel like we are going.....oh well maybe next week when it will be in the 60's for highs......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter