Thanksgiving 2007!!!

O.K.........now, for all you newbies and yes, for us seasoned sailors, 44 days, how 'bout check lists and advice????? I'll start.............

1)Pack everything in your suitcase that you think you need, than take half out......you still will probably have to many clothes.....unless you are my DD Alli..........

2) Underwater cameras, they are on sale at walmart now! you can't bring enough of them, usually 8-10 do the trick....they are in my suitcase already!

1)Pack everything in your suitcase that you think you need, than take half out......you still will probably have to many clothes.....unless you are my DD Alli..........

Oh no! Don't let Rob read that.:scared1: It's an argument every time we sail.:lmao: "Do you really need this many pair of shoes!?" "Nobody's going to remember if you wore the same dress twice!" Yada, yada, yada.:rotfl: I'm the polar opposite. I pack a dress for every night in the dining rooms, a different pair of shoes, different t-shirts for each day (except I will alternate between 4 pair of shorts,) and 2-3 swimsuits. I'm one of those who loves every opportunity to 'dress-up.' I haven't worked outside the home in years, and even our church is getting more casual. So, (maybe I'll only take 5 pair of shoes along this trip.)

Priscilla

Oh no! Don't let Rob read that.:scared1: It's an argument every time we sail.:lmao: "Do you really need this many pair of shoes!?" "Nobody's going to remember if you wore the same dress twice!" Yada, yada, yada.:rotfl: I'm the polar opposite. I pack a dress for every night in the dining rooms, a different pair of shoes, different t-shirts for each day (except I will alternate between 4 pair of shorts,) and 2-3 swimsuits. I'm one of those who loves every opportunity to 'dress-up.' I haven't worked outside the home in years, and even our church is getting more casual. So, (maybe I'll only take 5 pair of shoes along this trip.)

Priscilla

Priscilla, True story.....Alli packed 15 pais of shoes for out last sailing....even if she took half out she would still have 7........almost weighed too much at the airport!

3) Don't forget to call your credit card company and let them know you are traveling outside the country....especially if you use a debit card......they shut mine off the night before we were to disembark......suspicious fraudlent activity.......they thought I had it stolen......Book air the week before....Indy charge, was in disney before the sailing (Orlando) spent some $$$ on and excursion in Costa Maya, and cancelled an excursion in Grand Cayma.....they said they did it "for my protection" actually they did it again this summer when we were in Napa valley.........

4)Be sure to pack large (they have HUGE travel-size ones now) Zip-lock bags for swimsuits (since they'll still be damp after leaving CC.)

5)pack larger, looser-fitting clothes to wear for later in the trip (especially if you're a fan of dessert buffets and Palo brunch, as we are!):banana:

4)Be sure to pack large (they have HUGE travel-size ones now) Zip-lock bags for swimsuits (since they'll still be damp after leaving CC.)

5)pack larger, looser-fitting clothes to wear for later in the trip (especially if you're a fan of dessert buffets and Palo brunch, as we are!):banana:

LOL love #5.......

6) For my lovely bride....don't forget sea sickness meds.....the first night ALWAYS gets her without it!

Now you all know how Lampy has nearly 4000 posts - 6 posts for the same message...LOL...a couple years ago, he and Andrew had a "competition" for most posts in thread...and this is how it was done.

As for those meds, we just take the 24 hour Bonine from prior to boarding throughout just in case. They are painless to swallow and non-drowsy so why not take them.

As for packing, one jacket, a couple pairs of slacks, a couple pairs of shorts and a couple bathing suits. Throw in a few shirts and underwear and what else do you really need? Now if only I could get my wife to do the same, but at least we dont have to worry about weight at airport issues.

One other suggestion, I'd suggest whoever has the master list do an update and then if we are going to get shirts, we need to order them soon as time is running out. It was really very nice in 2005 when there was a literal sea of bright green at the port on the day of sailing. Cannot begin to tell you how many people wanted to know who the green shirts all were. (and linking 28 cabins for dinner had them treating us like a mini-convention - we actually got about 25-30 people into Palo together for brunch). But this is 2007 so lets just have fun....

Chuck:cool1:

Now you all know how Lampy has nearly 4000 posts - 6 posts for the same message...LOL...a couple years ago, he and Andrew had a "competition" for most posts in thread...and this is how it was done.

As for those meds, we just take the 24 hour Bonine from prior to boarding throughout just in case. They are painless to swallow and non-drowsy so why not take them.

As for packing, one jacket, a couple pairs of slacks, a couple pairs of shorts and a couple bathing suits. Throw in a few shirts and underwear and what else do you really need? Now if only I could get my wife to do the same, but at least we dont have to worry about weight at airport issues.

One other suggestion, I'd suggest whoever has the master list do an update and then if we are going to get shirts, we need to order them soon as time is running out. It was really very nice in 2005 when there was a literal sea of bright green at the port on the day of sailing. Cannot begin to tell you how many people wanted to know who the green shirts all were. (and linking 28 cabins for dinner had them treating us like a mini-convention - we actually got about 25-30 people into Palo together for brunch). But this is 2007 so lets just have fun....

Actually you guys had palo once for dinner and they did the same for us for dinner also.....Remember Willie and I showing up late having dubya carrying my buck o beers......
talked to andrew today....he WAS our "counter" I suspect we may see him on these boards yet! 4000 here I come!!!!!!

And yes Chuck, I too will have just a few pairs of dockers, 2 dress shirts, a couple Hawaiian type shirts, some polos and shorts, swim suits some underwear, sandals, tennis shoes for the airport and a pair of deck shoes......No more that 1 suitcase for me...that just means Alli can have 3....LOL Actually, maybe not even a couple of hawiian shirts, a Sr. Frogs and Carlos and Charlie shirts ALWAYS go good at dinner....

'Pixie Dust for Me' said she will know something by Monday on the shirts.:)

Is anyone, ahem, (Rob gets overwhelmed when I bring this up) planning on rebooking Thanksgiving 2008?:lmao: (I'm just ASKING, OKAY?):rotfl2: We always rebook while onboard (though we sometimes change the date) to receive the 10% discount and room credit, and I just thought Thanksgiving 08 is as good of a date as any. We're not interested in the California cruise, and don't know yet what date spring break 09 is. So, yeah Danielle, (is it still Danielle?) 'put us down for Thanksgiving week next year!':yay:

Priscilla

Here's the updated list - let me know if you want me to make any additions/changes to your info:

The LK 4: Laura, Lenny, DS Logan 14, DD Leah 12 #2508
Mickeyhugger: Priscilla, Rob, Rachel 13 (and friend Shanelle 11) #2014
ICEMANPAD: Lisa, Chuck, DS Mason 8, Lisa's college roommate Suzanne and her son Jake (12) #6630
5infam: DS16, DS8 and DD5
Marypoppinsiam: Mary, David, DS Ryan 7 #6108
MelindaMac: Melinda, DH, DD Conner 12, DD Olivia 9 #1047
DebbieFuco: Me, DH, brother and sister-in-law and their five kids: DS-20, DD-18, DS-12, DS-10, and DD-5.
Sfeisen: DS14, DD12, DS11, and DD7
Pixie Dust for Me!: DH, Karen, DS 9
winnyis: Ginny, DH, DD 12, DS9, DSis, DBIL, DNephew 6, DNeice 4, DBestFriend, DBF-Husband, DBF DS 10, DBF DD 6, DBF-Mom, DBF-BIL
LAMPSKIES - Ron, Kim, Jessica, Alli
Tinkerbell 99 Mom: Wendy, cruising with Hubby and DD Lindsey 8
pooh mommy: traveling with my hub and kids boy 21 boy 20 girl 18 girl 15 and girl 2 also with my parents
seaulater Linda (48), DH Robert (57) and DD Jamie (15)
RebeccaLovesDisney Julie, DH, DD-13 (7th grade), DS-10 (4th grade).
TheLeMasters Chris and Penni, son Charlie is 11 and daughter Maddie is 9.
Macbasset Barb and Jim
Capt.782

Can't wait to see the t-shirt design! :cool1:

Make sure someone brings a few buckets for Lampy!!:lmao:
Some for beer and some for the shrimp on embark day lunch!:banana:

Priscilla

I do exactly the same thing! And at the end of the cruise, I take things out of the drawers I never wore! Oh well, at least I have plenty of clothes!

I noticed someone posted a few pages back about "fish extenders". YES, we have ours (have 2 actually) and were on the original "fish extender" cruise. The May 2005, WB Panama Canal Cruise. They are great for hanging on the fish outside your stateroom door. We use them to put messages in and of course, give sailaway gifts in. They are quite fun. And, people put stuff in them throughout the cruise, so it becomes a game of going back to your stateroom to see if there is anything in your "fish"!

Here's the updated list - let me know if you want me to make any additions/changes to your info:

The LK 4: Laura, Lenny, DS Logan 14, DD Leah 12 #2508
Mickeyhugger: Priscilla, Rob, Rachel 13 (and friend Shanelle 11) #2014
ICEMANPAD: Lisa, Chuck, DS Mason 8, Lisa's college roommate Suzanne and her son Jake (12) #6630
5infam: DS16, DS8 and DD5
Marypoppinsiam: Mary, David, DS Ryan 7 #6108
MelindaMac: Melinda, DH, DD Conner 12, DD Olivia 9 #1047
DebbieFuco: Me, DH, brother and sister-in-law and their five kids: DS-20, DD-18, DS-12, DS-10, and DD-5.
Sfeisen: DS14, DD12, DS11, and DD7
Pixie Dust for Me!: DH, Karen, DS 9
winnyis: Ginny, DH, DD 12, DS9, DSis, DBIL, DNephew 6, DNeice 4, DBestFriend, DBF-Husband, DBF DS 10, DBF DD 6, DBF-Mom, DBF-BIL
LAMPSKIES - Ron, Kim, Jessica, Alli
Tinkerbell 99 Mom: Wendy, cruising with Hubby and DD Lindsey 8
pooh mommy: traveling with my hub and kids boy 21 boy 20 girl 18 girl 15 and girl 2 also with my parents
seaulater Linda (48), DH Robert (57) and DD Jamie (15)
RebeccaLovesDisney Julie, DH, DD-13 (7th grade), DS-10 (4th grade).
TheLeMasters Chris and Penni, son Charlie is 11 and daughter Maddie is 9.
Macbasset Barb and Jim
Capt.782

Can't wait to see the t-shirt design! :cool1:

Okay, I guess I need to talk to my DH to decide if he is coming along on this cruise or not. He is busy working 12-14 hour days right now 6 and 7 day work weeks because they are trying to get this pipeline in the ground in the mountains before the ground freezes.

I know if he tells me to have one of Jamie's girlfriends come instead, that at the last minute, something will happen and he will say "It's going to storm all week for Thanksgiving, so now I can go on the cruise." Decisions.....decisions. Don't know how he will pass up his "free" lobster though. We have told him and our friend Tony that they had to sit at another table in the past on lobster night, because they just keep getting more and more from the kitchen. In fact, my DH is known to order at least 2 entrees each night.

Make sure someone brings a few buckets for Lampy!!:lmao:
Some for beer and some for the shrimp on embark day lunch!:banana:

Buy a buck 'o beer......buy 5 get 1 free.....if you can get anything "free" from the mouse, take it!!!!

03disney156.jpg

Disney04159.jpg

[. We have told him and our friend Tony that they had to sit at another table in the past on lobster night, because they just keep getting more and more from the kitchen. In fact, my DH is known to order at least 2 entrees each night.[/QUOTE]

Hey he and I will fit in just fine. I usually get two entries and sometimes two appetizers.:thumbsup2 Now I have been known to fight for the last lobster tail:cool1:

Rob

I do exactly the same thing! And at the end of the cruise, I take things out of the drawers I never wore! Oh well, at least I have plenty of clothes!

I noticed someone posted a few pages back about "fish extenders". YES, we have ours (have 2 actually) and were on the original "fish extender" cruise. The May 2005, WB Panama Canal Cruise. They are great for hanging on the fish outside your stateroom door. We use them to put messages in and of course, give sailaway gifts in. They are quite fun. And, people put stuff in them throughout the cruise, so it becomes a game of going back to your stateroom to see if there is anything in your "fish"!

Kim actually likes doing a few loads of laundry, late in the week, usually the summer things we wont wear till spring.

[. We have told him and our friend Tony that they had to sit at another table in the past on lobster night, because they just keep getting more and more from the kitchen. In fact, my DH is known to order at least 2 entrees each night.

Hey he and I will fit in just fine. I usually get two entries and sometimes two appetizers.:thumbsup2 Now I have been known to fight for the last lobster tail:cool1:

Rob[/QUOTE]

A little tip to the server and asst. server on the first night gets me my bucket of beers at dinner when I sit down, escargot (2 orders EVERY night) and Jessica her green beans.....

Bucket o' beers............

03disney111.jpg

On the master list, Lisa, DS 9 Mason and I are in 6630. Sue and Jake will have their own cabin on the 5th level somewhere close to beneath us. Also, my sources tell me this ship is almost sold out so if Andrew wants to join, he had better do so quickly.

Oh and no matter how much luggage we bring, Lisa is almost certain to do laundry sometime midweek anyway, on the theory that then there is less to do when we get home.

However, we will make up for the luggage and airplanes issue in January when we go skiing. Those ski clothes and sweaters take up a lot of space, not to mention all the skis and boots. Lucked out this year and was able to use DVC points at Heavenly.

. Also, my sources tell me this ship is almost sold out so if Andrew wants to join, he had better do so quickly.

Since you have his email address, will you let him know? Tell him 'not that the Turkey Gang is trying to hint or anything:rolleyes1 ' It'd be great to have his family sailing with us again too!'

Priscilla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter