• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Test Track to open in 44 days

That would be nice for all you earlier visitors. I am banking on Dec 1 (as the current "official" report says). We arrive on the 5th so anything around there works for us! :woohoo:

Raenstoirm said:
That would be nice for all you earlier visitors. I am banking on Dec 1 (as the current "official" report says). We arrive on the 5th so anything around there works for us! :woohoo:

I didn't think Disney ever announced any dates, official or otherwise.

I didn't think Disney ever announced any dates, official or otherwise.

Not that it means much at all, but the WDW site currently says:

Test Track - Closed For Refurbishment [ Monday, October 01 - Friday, November 30 ]

All I'm hoping for is that it is up and running by the time we get there. We arrive on November 29 and will be going to Epcot on 11/30 and 12/5. It would be great if it was open on the 30th on our first day in the parks!

Btw, thanks TLTorrez for the link to this thread that you gave us in the "Part Two December 2012 Roll Call" thread!

Hoping for 12/1 too. We arrive on the 3rd.

(Also our 2nd attempt at a "Xmas" visit)

Hoping the imagineer is right! If he is, my son will get to ride his favorite ride after all. He is so excited and keeps talking about the "new Test Track" Maybe if we all get together and say we believe in fairies? :grouphug: :goodvibes

~Thanks for sharing, the Imagineer's estimate seems accurate! Seriously, forty-four days is not that far fetched. I've seen nothing to suggest that Test Track would not reopen by December 1st. Forty-four days from now, would be just a week before Dec. 1st, so this sounds like it may be a soft opening period.

~Disney is just changing car design and adding a few lasers, the outside track will remain the same. There is no reason for this to take as long as the mine train, lol. :goodvibes

Forty-four days from now, would be just a week before Dec. 1st,

Wish it were, but alas, 44 days from October 3 (when original post was made) is November 16.

Unfortunately for us.

ETA: Scratch the "Wish it were" part. November 24 (a week before December 1) would be even worse for us. What was I thinking of??!!

And of course, 44 days could be AP/DVC preview or soft opening, etc. with official opening Dec 1.

Wish it were, but alas, 44 days from October 3 (when original post was made) is November 16.

Unfortunately for us.

ETA: Scratch the "Wish it were" part. November 24 (a week before December 1) would be even worse for us. What was I thinking of??!!
~Good catch! I apologize for the fuzzy math, thanks for clarifying that. So, forty-four days days from today would be about two weeks from Dec. 1st instead of one week, which still sounds fairly accurate to me. Have a great trip! :goodvibes

And of course, 44 days could be AP/DVC preview or soft opening, etc. with official opening Dec 1.
~I agree, it does sounds like some kind of soft opening, but I'm guessing it will be for everyone. I don't think Disney has ever had a soft opening just for AP/DVC to preview a refurbished attraction, that usually happens with brand new attractions. :goodvibes

I agree, it does sounds like some kind of soft opening, but I'm guessing it will be for everyone. I don't think Disney has ever had a soft opening just for AP/DVC to preview a refurbished attraction, that usually happens with brand new attractions. :goodvibes

Ones that come to mind are AP previews for the re-imagined Star Tours and the refurbed its a small world in Disneyland.

The WDW website has it on the calendar as closed until November 30, 2012, that 44 days would mean it was about 2 weeks ahead of schedule. Not unheard of-- it could happen-- but I wouldn't count on it until I saw something official.

Who knows exactly what the imagineer was referring to. He might have meant a projected completion date for the update. That doesn't mean that testing will be complete, or that it's actually going to be opened then.

1GR8DISNEYFAN said:
Please! Can't it be 43 days? The last day of or vacation is 43 days from today. Even with all these negative comments about the early opening, I am going to keep my hopes up!

Yes this me too and its DS favorite, a little pixie dust puhleeezzze!

If you've ever been involved in a large construction project, being able to pin a completion/open time down to a number of days is impossible, especially when you are talking about another month and a half. This far out you are lucky if you can guess within 2 weeks.

My kids often ask me to quantify things that are not quantifiable, and rather than just saying "I don't know" or "around ...", I usually just thow them an exact answer - it satisfies them and it's fun for me. My guess is the 44 day guy did just this.

We will be there Nov 30th so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be open but if its not then oh well, theres still plenty to do in Epcot. We knew there was a good chance it would be closed when we booked

Nov 21st is the date to get the ride open to the public - otherwise the 3rd party contractors and probably folks in WDI lose their bonuses for not reaching that deadline.

They intend to make that date. Epcot needs the ride open for Thanksgiving.

CMs assigned to staff the attraction begin Test/Adjust with the new ride portion soon. The queue is the part they are the most worried about finishing in time and work has been sped up significantly in that area.

The complete post-show will not open with the attraction. There are large pieces they intend to install showing prototype vehicles that simply are not finished yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter