Test Track for a 4 year old???

dsnygirl2006

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone
I was wanting to see what everyone thought of taking my 4 year old DS on Test Track for the first time in a couple of weeks, he is tall enough and I think he will be ok on it, I just wondered what everyone thought?

TT is one my my dd's (almost 5) favorite rides. She couldn't get enough of it when we were there last Sept and she had just turned 4.

My best friend just got back from Disney World yesterday. She took her 3 year old son on Test Track (He turned 3 while at Disney World. He is tall for his age). He loved it! Test Track was his favorite ride!

My middle son hit the magic 40" mark (with shoes on - regular shoes not thick soled shoes) on our trip when he was 33 months old so just before he turned 3. Test track and Splash Mountain were tied for his favorite ride that trip. :) He's 5.5 now and still loves it. :)

I agree that this one is pretty safe for the little ones. If your son is tall enough, I would give it a try. It isn't really a scary ride, and they don't have shoulder restraints to worry about the fit of the seat. My DS has been riding since he was 3 and it is one of his favorite repeat rides of any of our trips. Have fun!!!

Jen

My DD 4, who would not ride Barnstormer and screamed on really small roller coasters at other amusement parks, rode Test Track. She said she liked it, but the next time she didn't want to ride it. Then at the next opportunity she rode it again and loved it.

He will probably like it.

4 1/2 yo dd was finally tall enough to ride TT during our July visit. She loved it! Younger dd has been riding it since he was 4, with no issues.

DH wants to take DD on it when we go (I'm PG so I can't go with them) and I'm not sure. This is the one ride we don't agree on. I'm afraid that since there's no car seat type restraint (we're from NJ where the car seats laws are stricter than in any other state... she's still in a 5 point harnass) that it might be a bit too dangerous for her on the outside part, even with the seatbelt. I know she'd love it, though, since she loves roller coasters....

We just returned a week ago and my 4 1/2 year old loved it. You might want to grab fast passes and work your way up to it if you are unsure.:goodvibes

TT was my then just turned 3 year old's favorite ride last year. ...and he was scared of the Winnie the Pooh ride. IMO it's pretty tame.

We took our DD on it the day after she turned 4 and she was exactly 40".... it turned out to be her favorite along with Big Thunder Mtn. RR..... we just went back again last month and she loved them both still (she's still 4 for another 3 weeks :rotfl: )

I took the family to WDW in August, my 4 and 6 year old loved the ride. We also took them on Sorrin and they enjoyed that as well. The only ride they didn't like was Dinosaur ride at AKL. After riding Dinosaur my 6 year old was crying but the 4 year old was fine. The ride didn't bother him as much

My 4 yr old did TT with us in August. No problems. Terrible Mom that I am, I took him on T of T too! It's my 7 yr old that I have problems with. He hates anything dark and loud....but take him to Blizzard Beach and he's first in line for Summit Plummet....typical daredevil boy!

We took our 3 year old on TT last month and he loved it, he would have been happy to stay on it all day if we would have let him.

My kids love it. Older DD first rode when she was 4 and loved it. Younger DD rode first time this year - she's 3 and said it and Goofy's Barnstorer were her favorites. I'm very strict with my kids and carseats and never gave this a 2nd thought. It's an amusement park ride and different than an actual car ride.

DH wants to take DD on it when we go (I'm PG so I can't go with them) and I'm not sure. This is the one ride we don't agree on. I'm afraid that since there's no car seat type restraint (we're from NJ where the car seats laws are stricter than in any other state... she's still in a 5 point harnass) that it might be a bit too dangerous for her on the outside part, even with the seatbelt. I know she'd love it, though, since she loves roller coasters....

It's not a real car so I think if DD meets the height requirements for the ride then she's fine to go on this one - they do have the middle seat which has no shoulder harness, only the lap belt... They love the speed! I think it's totally safe - there's no loops or twists...it's just fast.

We're willing to let DS go on anything he meets the height req. on! The first time we took DS to WDW I think he was about 5. We went to get him measured for Space Mtn. & the hockey stick thing was brushing the top of his hair so they wouldn't let him on. :sad1: So we went back a couple of days later to see if a different ride attendent might be more forgiving & he'd actually had a growth spurt! The measuring stick now literally hit him in the forehead! It was amazing to see that. ANYWAY, Space Mtn. continues to be a fav. for him. Being a thrill seeker, we also took him on Tower of Terror on that trip - he claimed to have liked it but didn't want to go again - until a couple of days had passed - then he was ready - and now he loves it too!! On our second trip he was able to ride Rock N Roller Coaster (his very first "loop d loop" roller coaster and Mission Space (we were there the day after it opened). Now he's tall enough to ride everything and this trip his "new favorite" was Expedition Everest! The one ride that he continuously doesn't like - will ride, but only once per trip, is Dinosaur. Test Track is nothing like any of these tho and I really think your DD will be fine.

I've been in, and I'm sure you've been in, parking lots that are bumpier than Test Track. Its top speed is probably less than you do on the highway. There's nothing in the ride that a child growing up in 21st century America would be terribly bothered by, IMHO.

Of course, DD6 (having just turned so) wouldn't ride it. Less than a year later, she drove us crazy with how often she wanted to do it.

I say go for it! DS5 was 4 when we took him last year and Test Track was his favorite. It's how we found out that our son loves thrill rides :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter