Tent for getting child to sleep at hotel

scoker

Mouseketeer
A previous post inspired me to post this tip. It may have been mentioned here before but it worked so well for us I thought I would share. When I travel with my daughter I often get a suite so that she has a separate bedroom to go to sleep. During our last trip to California we stayed at the Beverly Hills Hotel and the GCH and a suite was definitely not in our budget either place.

I purchased a small play tent for her that is rectangular in shape so it was big enough for sleeping. It was about $20 and weighs I think 3lbs. It was easy to pack. I set it up in the corner (I'm sure the BHH really liked that) and tucked her in at bedtime. We didn't have to turn the lights out in the room and just stayed quiet long enough for her to go asleep. Being in her own cocoon cut down the visual stimulation enough that she went to sleep every night with no problem. For her it was an adventure for us it saved us huge $$$$. I think this would work well for a child that is toddler bed aged and up but still short enough to not be crapped in a little tent, maybe 7 or so. My girl is pretty tall and at almost 6 I think she would fit in the tent for another year or so.

Happy Travels

Neat idea. We had a travel play and pack with a little tent roof on it for when my boys wre infants and it was invaluable in hotel rooms.

A previous post inspired me to post this tip. It may have been mentioned here before but it worked so well for us I thought I would share. When I travel with my daughter I often get a suite so that she has a separate bedroom to go to sleep. During our last trip to California we stayed at the Beverly Hills Hotel and the GCH and a suite was definitely not in our budget either place.

I purchased a small play tent for her that is rectangular in shape so it was big enough for sleeping. It was about $20 and weighs I think 3lbs. It was easy to pack. I set it up in the corner (I'm sure the BHH really liked that) and tucked her in at bedtime. We didn't have to turn the lights out in the room and just stayed quiet long enough for her to go asleep. Being in her own cocoon cut down the visual stimulation enough that she went to sleep every night with no problem. For her it was an adventure for us it saved us huge $$$$. I think this would work well for a child that is toddler bed aged and up but still short enough to not be crapped in a little tent, maybe 7 or so. My girl is pretty tall and at almost 6 I think she would fit in the tent for another year or so.

Happy Travels

That is a great idea. Thanks for posting. DH is tall and we sleep in a king sized bed. Anytime we travel we boot the kids to the floor. DD10 will sleep on an air mattress, but DS4 would LOVE the tent idea!

I love it! We have a little tent that I think we might bring along just so that's one more bed that doesn't have to be shared! Thanks for the wonderful idea!

Every time we've used the tent we've asked the hotel for an extra sheet and blanket to make a little bed in it. We've always been accommodated and it works like a charm. I'm going to be bummed when she grows out of the tent. Even if we have a room that accommodates everyone bed wise we still take the tent because it means we don't have to turn the lights out at 9pm.

We have the kidco peapod plus which is like a popup tent and comes with an air mattress, manual pump, and little sleeping bag and all fits in a cute little light circle bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter