Ten Sleeps in Disney World!! - An Aug Trip Report *5/9 Departure Day & Final Thoughts

we have a 15 dollar voucher that comes with the pkg...do you think it's worth it to go? it sounds like the food is pretty good

We've never been to Planet Hollywood, but it looks very cool inside!!:thumbsup2 We may have to give it a try... DH loves that kind of stuff and I know he would enjoy seeing all those displays!

Sorry about the slow service, but you seemed to make the best of it and had a fun time anyways.--plus you got some really great pictures!! Love the Panoramic ones! I have that feature on my camera too and I always have so much fun playing around with it.;)

Can't wait to hear about the shopping!!!popcorn::

First off, I am loving the pictures in your siggie! Too cute.

Thanks! They're great placeholders until I can put a ticker in there. :thumbsup2 Speaking of tickers!! Gotta hop over and read more on that! Woo-hoo!

Too bad Planet Hollywood was less than impressive. I think I want to try it someday just to see all the movie stuff. I love that kind of stuff!

I do too! I just wish it wasn't so crowded. Our waiter was just too overwhelmed I think.

we have a 15 dollar voucher that comes with the pkg...do you think it's worth it to go? it sounds like the food is pretty good

We were there six o'clock on a Thursday night. The movie stuff, the atmosphere, the food... all great. The service and the crowds sucked but that's the luck of the draw. I'd give it a try.

We've never been to Planet Hollywood, but it looks very cool inside!!:thumbsup2 We may have to give it a try... DH loves that kind of stuff and I know he would enjoy seeing all those displays!

Sorry about the slow service, but you seemed to make the best of it and had a fun time anyways.--plus you got some really great pictures!! Love the Panoramic ones! I have that feature on my camera too and I always have so much fun playing around with it.;)

Can't wait to hear about the shopping!!!popcorn::

There's so much to see, we only saw a small bit of it..... I'd recommend trying it. We had fun but I'll admit to a sigh of relief once we got back out into the evening air again. :laughing: Maybe a late lunch would have been better! :rotfl:

Great Update!!!! Sorry the service wasn't the best at Planet Hollywood although the food looks very yummy! I'm with Leslie I think I would like to eat there just once so I could really check out all the movie memorabilia...I just love that kind of stuff and definitly enjoy all the little details!

Great Update!!!! Sorry the service wasn't the best at Planet Hollywood although the food looks very yummy! I'm with Leslie I think I would like to eat there just once so I could really check out all the movie memorabilia...I just love that kind of stuff and definitly enjoy all the little details!

I'm glad we went. I just realized I forgot to pick up our free merchandise gift that game with our package! :rolleyes: In '06 it was a key chain. Wonder if it's the same..?

Mini-TR within a TR!

We went on a trip today to the Niagara Falls Winter Festival of Lights. It kicked off this past weekend with Mickey and Minnie opening the festivities and while we missed that show, I decided to take advantage of today's 70 degree weather and take a road trip. :drive:

I realized I hadn't downloaded the pictures off of my camera for a bit.... so here are a few belated Halloween fun times!

Fright Night Fundraiser

Every year my kid's elementary school hosts Fright Night, their biggest fundraising day of the year. There are haunted houses, bake sales, games rooms, silent auctions, pizza cafes, etc etc ... lots of fun!

Ready to go!
2009_1109pics0003.jpg

This was a dancing glow party for the little ones.
2009_1109pics0012.jpg

Games!
2009_1109pics0026.jpg

2009_1109pics0045.jpg

School Dance

Ariana's middle school held a Halloween dance. George chaperoned since her EA was ill that day and he snuck a few pictures of Ariana dancing. He said her school mates were wonderful with her and she was included the whole evening. :goodvibes

2009_1109pics0059.jpg

Trick or Treating!

Alex was off with his friends and because Halloween was on a Saturday this year, George got to go with us! :woohoo: Working straight nights, he's missed out the last four years and had never gone with Demetri. Pictures of the kids at the doors didn't work so instead I took pictures of displays and decorations.

2009_1109pics0066.jpg

2009_1109pics0068.jpg

2009_1109pics0070.jpg

2009_1109pics0071.jpg

2009_1109pics0073.jpg

This home had Pooh's Halloween projected up on it. Kids were stopping to watch.

2009_1109pics0075.jpg

2009_1109pics0079.jpg

2009_1109pics0110.jpg

2009_1109pics0108.jpg

Niagara Falls Festival of Lights

I can't remember the last time we went to this, it was certainly Demetri's first time. The weather was perfect tonite and we were able to walk around comfortably in light sweaters.

2009_1109pics0135.jpg

2009_1109pics0138.jpg

2009_1109pics0114.jpg

2009_1109pics0115.jpg

Continued in next post....

To give you an idea of the scale of these displays, Demetri is standing in front of a few of them. Most noticably the Toy Story one.

2009_1109pics0117.jpg

2009_1109pics0118.jpg

2009_1109pics0120.jpg

2009_1109pics0123.jpg

2009_1109pics0124.jpg

2009_1109pics0125.jpg

2009_1109pics0126.jpg

2009_1109pics0127.jpg

2009_1109pics0129.jpg

2009_1109pics0130.jpg

2009_1109pics0131.jpg

2009_1109pics0132.jpg

2009_1109pics0162.jpg

2009_1109pics0166.jpg
2009_1109pics0164.jpg

2009_1109pics0168.jpg

Panoramic!

2009_1109pics0169.jpg

2009_1109pics0144.jpg

2009_1109pics0171.jpg

2009_1109pics0173.jpg

Niagara Falls -- US and Canadian sides

2009_1109pics0150.jpg

2009_1109pics0147.jpg

2009_1109pics0146.jpg

2009_1109pics0187.jpg

Those are so cool!
I loveeeee the panoramic shot!

And the Cars one is my favorite.

I also love that crazy carved pumpkin - it's so cute! I'm glad Ariana had a great time at the dance - I never liked school dances, but then again, I can't dance.....

Loved your mini-TR!!:goodvibes

Aww...it looked like a fun Halloween!! That's great that George was able to go trick or treating this year!!:thumbsup2

Wow!! Those Halloween displays are very cool!!--and the last one of the moon....creepy!! A perfect Halloween picture!!;)

The Festival of Lights pics are just beautiful!! DH has relatives that live in Niagara Falls so we try to visit every couple years but it's usually in the summer. I didn't realize that they did a Festival of Lights? We will definitely have to make a point to check them out!!! The Falls are always so pretty lit up at night.:cloud9:

:scared1:....aaahhh...Jeff Goldblum in the Fly...c.r.e.e.p.y...:

I always thought that PH looked so cool on the outside...thanks for the peek inside...:thumbsup2

Ariana looks so pretty in her Snow White costume...princess: & that is one cute little pirate...:thumbsup2

The light festival-so pretty...:goodvibes

How cool that you can see Canada and the US...:cool1:

I've seen that tower before...Does it have a special name?...:confused3

Those are so cool!
I loveeeee the panoramic shot!

And the Cars one is my favorite.

I also love that crazy carved pumpkin - it's so cute! I'm glad Ariana had a great time at the dance - I never liked school dances, but then again, I can't dance.....

We're having a lot of fun with the panoramic feature on my camera! :laughing: I have vague recollections of my school dances.... girls on one side, guys on the other... taped music.... sitting more than anything else. :dance3:

Those lights are so cool! I want to go see them!! :yay:

You should! :rotfl:

Loved your mini-TR!!:goodvibes

Aww...it looked like a fun Halloween!! That's great that George was able to go trick or treating this year!!:thumbsup2

Wow!! Those Halloween displays are very cool!!--and the last one of the moon....creepy!! A perfect Halloween picture!!;)

The Festival of Lights pics are just beautiful!! DH has relatives that live in Niagara Falls so we try to visit every couple years but it's usually in the summer. I didn't realize that they did a Festival of Lights? We will definitely have to make a point to check them out!!! The Falls are always so pretty lit up at night.:cloud9:

Wasn't that moon pic cool? I had to try a few times but finally captured some of the creepiness of the night. :rotfl: Hey, next time you're visiting the Falls let me know!

:scared1:....aaahhh...Jeff Goldblum in the Fly...c.r.e.e.p.y...:

I always thought that PH looked so cool on the outside...thanks for the peek inside...:thumbsup2

Ariana looks so pretty in her Snow White costume...princess: & that is one cute little pirate...:thumbsup2

The light festival-so pretty...:goodvibes

How cool that you can see Canada and the US...:cool1:

I've seen that tower before...Does it have a special name?...:confused3

George and I aren't sure how much longer Ariana can get away with dressing up as Snow White, but her next fav costume is a bride... she'd be happy with that too. :bride:

The tower is the Skylon. It's been a very long time since I was in it, but it has a revolving restaurant we once had an anniversary dinner in. Very nice!

Great Halloween pics!! I love them!! Ariana looks beautiful as Snow White, of course, and Demetri looks adorable!!

Your light pics are spectacular!!! WOW!!!!!!! Beautiful and HUGE!!

Hey lady, please forgive a long lost Dis friend.:flower3: Thanks to your links I'm caught up, I believe. Breakfast at Ohana looks like a must do for future trips. I like the idea of having all the food already on the table and not having to deal with the buffet. I :lmao: when I read PracPerfPatricia's comment on the Fly display in Planet Hollywood. I've never seen the movie, so I thought you were just distracted by the naked man hanging above your head!:eek: I know I would be.

Your Halloween pictures and Light show pics are great! Arianna and Demetri look just precious and how sweet that Arianna had such a nice time at her dance.

Ok, once I get caught up on a few other TRs I girl scout promise to keep up.:thumbsup2

Hey lady, please forgive a long lost Dis friend.:flower3: Thanks to your links I'm caught up, I believe. Breakfast at Ohana looks like a must do for future trips. I like the idea of having all the food already on the table and not having to deal with the buffet. I :lmao: when I read PracPerfPatricia's comment on the Fly display in Planet Hollywood. I've never seen the movie, so I thought you were just distracted by the naked man hanging above your head!:eek: I know I would be.

Your Halloween pictures and Light show pics are great! Arianna and Demetri look just precious and how sweet that Arianna had such a nice time at her dance.

Ok, once I get caught up on a few other TRs I girl scout promise to keep up.:thumbsup2

HELLO! Great to hear from you... how are you and your family? Yes, definately try Ohana for breakfast, we've always had so much fun. Oh the naked guy was distracting enough believe me, but knowing it was from the Fly grossed me out even more *shudder* :scared:

Halloween is just so much fun isn't it? How was yours? We definately had a great one all around this year and we loved showing the Falls to Demetri for the first time. He was just in awe of everything!

My boys have hockey tonite, tomorrow and over the weekend but I'm trying to squeeze in an update too. :rolleyes:

Oh and a quick shout out to anyone who wants a friend on Facebook :flower3:. PM me and I would love to add you. :goodvibes Hello to all lurkers too.... come on out to play!

I missed the Planet Hollywood and the min-trip report installments. I agree with you on the tables being too close together at Planet Hollywood. The last time we ate there, we were so squeezed in. But, the food was good so that made up for it. I am sorry that your waiter took so long. Maybe they had assigned him too many tables that day?

I loved the Niagra Falls Halloween pictures. Those displays are huge!

I've never been to a Planet Hollywood - looks fun, but there's so much to look at I'd get distracted from eating!

Glad you all enjoyed your Halloween, how wonderful that George was able to share in the fun this year! Our girls had a fun time as well - it seemed like Halloween all week as their evening activities had "come in your costume" nights, then the parties at school on Friday, it just went on and on!

Thanks for the pics of the lights in Niagara, we may have to try to fit in a trip down to see them so I can get a Disney fix ;) I vaguely remember my grandparents taking us to see them one year when we were kids but I'd forgotten they do that.

Halloween is just so much fun isn't it? How was yours? We definately had a great one all around this year and we loved showing the Falls to Demetri for the first time. He was just in awe of everything!

Our Halloween was fun, but different this year. Maddy went with some friends and Amelia brought a friend along with us. Since we allowed them to stay about 2 houses ahead, we only had Ian right with us. He was a very cute Teranadon. And Amelia was, get this, Punky Brewster! She looked very much the part. What a cool experience to show Demetri Niagra Falls. We'd like to get there some day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter