Tell me about bus transport to POFQ after Illum.

reeanna

Mouseketeer
I'm hoping someone can help me out with this one- we're going to WDW end Jan/Feb 2005 & will probably stay at POFQ or another moderate (we normally stay at S/D but that may not be an option next year). A big concern would be the bus transportation. First of all, we have a double jogging stroller- are these allowed on/stored under the buses? Secondly, I understand the busses run for one hour after the parks close. We normally end up at Epcot every night b/c the parks close so early at that time of year and we stay for Illuminations. After the show, there are thousands of people running for the busses (this is why we loved the leisurely stroll back to the S/D along boardwalk w/the kids asleep in the stroller). If we waited 20-30 minutes or so until the initial mad rush to the bus was over, would we still have time to make it to the bus, store the stroller, and get a seat? Would it be better to wait the 20-30 mins. and let the crowd thin out or doesn't it make a difference? I assume the buses would still be coming nearly continuously like they do after park closing until all the guests are gone or am I wrong? How long does it usually take for the buses to transport all the resort guests back to their hotels? It seems like it could go on all night...I'd love to hear your strategies/experiences!

The boats for the Epcot resorts will run one hour after Epcot closes... and then will stop.

The buses however will run until the very last person has left the park... you will NOT be left behind, never fear. :)

As for the stroller... All strollers must be folded PRIOR to boarding the bus. This is the law, and the bus will not move if there is a stroller that is not folded.

This is what I recommend:

While waiting for the bus, get everything all neatened up... prepare to fold the stroller.

When you see the bus approaching, start folding the stroller.

We have two different types of buses right now... the low-floor buses (LFS), and the standard floor buses (RTS). If you get a low-floor bus, the front door is extra wide, and the aisles are also just as wide. Enter normally. With the low-floor buses, since the floor is often times level with the curb, it's tempting to just roll the stroller right on. Please remember that all strollers must be folded prior to boarding the bus.

If you get an RTS, they have a narrow front door, and a wider rear door. Wait in line just like normal. When you get to the front door, ask the driver if your spouse (or whomever) can take the folded stroller through the back door. You can board through the front with the kids, and the person with the stroller can board through the back.

PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BOARD THROUGH THE BACK DOOR WITHOUT ASKING FIRST!!

I stress this, because the driver can only see the stairwell of the back door. Once the last person exits, and the stairwell is clear, those doors WILL close. If someone tries to sneak in, they will get caught in the door, which is not fun.

Thanks for the quick response Tyler! I was hoping you'd be cruisin' the boards today. What do you think of waiting 20-30 mins to avoid the initial stampede? Does it make a difference in the crowd volume at the bust stop?

Originally posted by reeanna
Thanks for the quick response Tyler! I was hoping you'd be cruisin' the boards today. What do you think of waiting 20-30 mins to avoid the initial stampede? Does it make a difference in the crowd volume at the bust stop?

Epcot gets hit the hardest between 9:20-9:45. After 9:45, things start to calm down a bit. After 10:00, things typically get very quiet at the bus stops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter