Tell all there is to know about the Boardwalk

fottafamily05

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the Boardwalk for the first time ever in Feb :cloud9: We are very, Very excited. Please tell me the ins and outs of this resort. Things we must do, see and experience. Any and all info is greatly appreciated! :goodvibes

If you scroll a bit there is a large boardwalk thread that should give you all the information you want and more

Stayed at the BW in oct. loved it! Location is the best! Loved having coffee on the boardwalk every day!

Pros
Great location

easy walk to dhs and epcot

awesome pool slide

Lots of restaurants nearby.

Lots of activity around resort. Great place to sit and people watch.

friendly cms.

very pretty room.
cons

Looong hallways. I would request room close to lobby.

No place to refill mug yourself. No place to get snacks except belleview lounge or bakery, but not a very good selection.

Laundry room dryers don't work. Hopefully they have fixed them by now.

Ridiculously small bathrooms. Its the same at BC. I can't believe how bad they designed the bathrooms.

All resorts have good and bad things about them. We have never had a bad stay anywhere. Have a good trip.

Of the resorts we have stayed at, the BWV was our least favorite (sorry to be the bearer of bad news). We always drive, so we had a car. Parking is a nightmare at BW because so many outsiders try to park there. So if you drive to a park and return later in the afternoon, it can be very hard to find a parking place. Even if you park close, it's a long walk uphill to carry your groceries from the car.

There aren't many counter service places to eat, but you can walk over to the BC/YC or Swan/Dolphin very easily. If you like being in the middle of all the action, the BW is where you want to be. But if you like a more quiet or relaxing vacation, there are better places to stay.

On the villas side, there is only one bank of elevators, so the corridors sometimes seem endlessly long. You can take the stairs down at various spots, but if you have a stroller or someone with difficulty walking, you'll need to head for the elevators. I think the situation is similar on the Inn side.

Good points? You are an easy stroll to both Epcot and DHS. Or you can take the boat if you want to sit and let someone else get you there. The bus to MK and AK (and DTD) can be less than ideal since the BW shares with the Swan and Dolphin. When we stayed there, they also shared with BC/YC.

Everyday from 6:30 PM - 10:00 PM there are varuious acts that perform along the Boardwalk at random locations. They include a Magician, Mime, plate spinners and etc.

In my opinion the Luna Park pool with the Clown is the best themed pool in all of Walt Disney World.

The walkways to Epcot and Hollywood Studios and the Boats which also go there.

Finally they actually have the more Quick Service locations then the Yacht Club/Beach Club, Swan/Dolphin. For example there is the Boardwalk Bakery, Boardwalk To Go, Pizza Window Seashore Sweets and Funnel Cake stand.

BW is probably the only resort I can stay at and not secretly long for a car. Part of that is because the parking lot is pretty far away and often full, but the other reason is that it's incredibly convenient. You can easily walk to DHS and Epcot. I didn't even mind the bus to the MK, which is saying a lot.

If you have small kids, the lack of a quick service location for a fast meal is kind of a downside. We got really tired of Boardwalk Bakery. The resort layout can also take some getting used to. Finally, during the holidays they crowd the lobby with two large Christmas displays and it looks pretty . . . busy in there, for lack of a better word. As you can see, I'm kind of fishing for cons--it's a great resort. :)

We loved our stay at the Boardwalk! There is so much that I found great about it-- I have to agree with others, though, that the location is probably the best aspect of it. Being so close to Epcot and DHS is fantastic. And I also really enjoyed the Luna Park clown pool, despite what many who are afraid of clowns think of it! :rotfl2:

I can't think off the top of my head of any major cons to the BW that we experienced. Have a great trip!

Thank you so much everyone!! Great suggestions and experiences. I think we are going to have a fabulous time. Now lets hope for good weather :thumbsup2

Oh, gosh. I forgot about the Luna Park pool. If you are a Stephen King fan, the slide will remind you of IT. Really creepy! But the leisure pool is nice. Not sure about the BWI side pool.

Oh, gosh. I forgot about the Luna Park pool. If you are a Stephen King fan, the slide will remind you of IT. Really creepy! But the leisure pool is nice. Not sure about the BWI side pool.
Sorry, but the pool is not "creepy". Many adults have a psychological disorder called Coulorophia, which is an irrational fear of clowns. The last time I was at the BW all I saw was a lot of youngsters having the time of their life going down the clown slide, and not adults covering their eyes in fear of an image of a clown.

I didn't think that people who suffer from Coulorophia also manifest a tendency to rude and vulgar comments.

That is very close to a personal attack, it is one thing to disagree, another to label those that think the clown is kinda icky.

Everyone does not have to agree. The OP asked for the Ins and the Outs surely you did not think everyone was only going to share the "ins".

I don't suffer from coulorophia but the slide is not my favorite, I find it gaudy.

To the OP, of the Epcot resorts, Boardwalk is our least favorite. It is beautiful, except for the clown, but find it not as user friendly. The having to go outside to the Boardwalk to find something to eat is not as convenient as just going to a place in the hotel.

The entertainment on the Boardwalk is fun.

That is very close to a personal attack, it is one thing to disagree, another to label those that think the clown is kinda icky.
Not a personal attack at all. I guess if you think that going down the slide at the BW is like being "vomited out of the mouth of a clown", then I guess you have different standards than me when it comes to choosing words when stating my likes or dislikes about anything in particular at WDW.

To the OP, of the Epcot resorts, Boardwalk is our least favorite. It is beautiful, except for the clown, but find it not as user friendly. The having to go outside to the Boardwalk to find something to eat is not as convenient as just going to a place in the hotel.
I disagree with your comment saying it's not "user friendly." For example, if you don't stay in the Royal Palm building of the Grand Floridian then you will need to walk outside from their other buildings to their stores, restaurants and etc. It's the same thing at the Polynesian, where some of the Longhouses are so far away from the Great Ceremonial House that they might as well be in another county.

Using the convenience argument, I assume that you would never stay at any of the Value Resorts, Moderate Resorts or DVC only buildings such as Old Key West, as you need to do a fair amount of walking to get to the lobby "to get something to eat".

I disagree with your comment saying it's not "user friendly." For example, if you don't stay in the Royal Palm building of the Grand Floridian then you will need to walk outside from their other buildings to their stores, restaurants and etc. It's the same thing at the Polynesian, where some of the Longhouses are so far away from the Great Ceremonial House that they might as well be in another county.

Using the convenience argument, I assume that you would never stay at any of the Value Resorts, Moderate Resorts or DVC only buildings such as Old Key West, as you need to do a fair amount of walking to get to the lobby "to get something to eat".

Fan, it is fine you and the Bear don't agree with others about what we like and don't like, but must you always try to correct us, as if our opinions are wrong because they are different from your own. It is obvious you and the Bear think alike, you could almost be twins.

But everyone here is entitled to their opinions. The OP did ask for both, that is all I am saying.

I am glad you love the BW Inn and you present some good points but the two of you really need to let others voice their opinions too. None of it is fact, we are just just sharing what we like and don't like.

The Grand Floridian, OKW etc are not Epcot resorts, I find the BW to be less user friendly than the Yacht and Beach or Swan and Dolphin, that is all.

Fan, I would never try to change your mind about the BW, its nice you like it, I have some wonderful friends that work there, but its ok we don't agree.

Have a very Happy New Year. :goodvibes

OP, I am sure you will have a great time at the BW, be sure to walk around the lobby and hallways and notice all the details they have included from the time period of the Atlantic City Boardwalk.

Also the cupcakes at the bakery are really good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter